• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How to Tell S**t from Shinola

Hell no I would post a sign on the outskirts of our solar system saying "danger insane monkeys enter at own risk"

Can you You can imagine how it looks, this species is insane, not only do they believe in an imaginary being, they will kill each other over nothing more than what to call it.

If you were to watch children killing each over over whats the better toy, GI joe or Action Man, you'd be rightly appalled, but our culture is now programmed not to notice how strange and empty that scenario is

Can you You can imagine how it looks, this species is insane, not only do they believe in an imaginary being, they will kill each other over nothing more than what to call it.

If you were to watch children killing each over over whats the better toy, GI joe or Action Man, you'd be rightly appalled, but our culture is now programmed not to notice how strange and empty that scenario is

I think you summed the whole problem up there well.

Yes its just out right insanity so if I offend anyone with my calling out of the BS then so be it because it is time we all did.

Lets face it a religious war is simply people killing each other over who's imaginary friend is better than who's.

There is another thing that frightens me and that is religion and political candidates.

The insane thing is to get into politics you need to profess a belief in an imaginary friend and we vote these people into office to take care of our nations!
Talk about arse about face if you ask me.. how on earth could you trust a person to make rational decisions when their own thinking is flawed to start with.

Quote from one of my YouTube mates "So what nurtured and took care of a god? Where does a god come from? What is a god made of? If a God exists it is a construct that through its actions in 11 dimensions creates 10 dimensional bubbles. Such an entity would require no intelligence and still makes the christian god look like an amoeba. Why would anybody worship an amplified super chimp that lies about creating universes? Especially an evil creature like the god described in the bible."

lol harsh :)

I like to think of places like YouTube as the place where religions go to die for there is a very strong Atheist community there and other places on the web and its growing.

Yeah, the various arab springs are attributed to the internets, basically people seeing there are alternatives to the old paradigms that were ll they knew.
It will do the same to religion, science has been replacing superstition at a steady pace, as well it should, it makes more sense, provides more succinct and satisfying answers.
The datanets are an extension of the same process that the church has always objected to, giving the masses the information so they can make their own minds up, its why they didnt want the bible translated to english.
They lose power when people empower themselves with knowledge, if they had their way, we'd still be listening to the pulpit jockeys mumbling in a dead language before passing around the collection plate.

There is another thing that frightens me and that is religion and political candidates.

The insane thing is to get into politics you need to profess a belief in an imaginary friend and we vote these people into office to take care of our nations!
Talk about arse about face if you ask me.. how on earth could you trust a person to make rational decisions when their own thinking is flawed to start with.

(CNN) - Americans overwhelmingly say a presidential candidate being Mormon wouldn't affect their vote, according to a CNN/ORC International poll released Wednesday.
The survey, which was taken after a controversial pastor said Mormonism was a "cult" and that GOP voters should support a "competent Christian," also shows a majority of Americans believe Mormons are Christians.

Eighty percent of respondents in the survey said a candidate's Mormonism wouldn't make a difference in their selection process, while 17% said they would be less likely to vote for a candidate who was Mormon. Three percent said they would be more likely to select a Mormon candidate.
Two candidates running for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination are Mormons: former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Utah governor and former ambassador to China Jon Huntsman.
The issue of Mormon candidates became an issue on the campaign trail in early October, when Robert Jeffress, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, decried Mormonism as a "cult" to reporters at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, singling out Romney in particular.
"I think Mitt Romney's a good, moral man, but those of us who are born again followers of Christ should prefer a competent Christian," Jeffress said

[/quote]

Yeah the only way I have ever been able to sum up Mormons is "Bat shit crazy"

But even funnier is one cult calling another cult..... a cult

Robert Jeffress, pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, decried Mormonism as a "cult" to reporters at the Values Voter Summit in Washington, singling out Romney in particular.

Its hilarious that so many Xstians will look at joseph smiths claims and say "thats obvious BS"
Jesus came to america and found the lost tribe (indians), BS ? well duh

Joseph Smith was a con man. People paid him money to find treasures. His excuse for not finding treasure was it was guarded by spirits. He was arrested as a "juggler," or "con man." He was brought before a justice of the peace. The judge ascertained that there was enough evidence to try him. This was in Bainbridge, N.Y., in 1826, The judge was Albert Neely. Smith was labeled a "glass looker". The evidence against Smith was sufficient that, if Smith had not left town, he would have been judged guilty. Smith then went on and fabricated the Book of Mormon. He got his idea for the book from Ethan Smith's View of the Hebrews, or "The Tribes of Israel in America".He supposedly used a pair of spectacles to "translate" the plates for the Book of Mormon, friends and relatives said he used the same stone he used in his former money digging scheme.The gold plates never existed according to a witness. An early Mormon convert heard Harris say "I never saw the plates."
Details can be found in "Joseph Smith and the Origins of the Book of Mormon", by David Persuitte.
There has not been found one piece of archaeological evidence to support the story of ancient America found in the Book of Mormon. In the 1950s, the LDS church financed "the largest archaeological project ever funded by a religious institution" It was successful in that it uncovered an enormous amount of archaeological information about ancient America, but as far as providing any evidence for the Book of Mormon, it was a failure. That has not been changed by any subsequent archaeological findings.
In his book, Losing a Lost Tribe: Native Americans, DNA, and the Mormon Church, Simon G. Southerton shows that the American natives show no evidence of Israelite descent, which contradicts what the Book of Mormon says.
Joseph Smith had an eye for women, so he instituted plural marriage and took over 50 wives, some of them the wives of other men.
Mormon doctrine:
God was once a man He has a body of flesh and bone and lives on a planet near the star Kolob. The sun gets its light from the Kolob. God has at least one wife, our "Mother in Heaven," but she is so holy that we are not to discuss her nor pray to her. We can become like God and rule over our own universe. There are many gods. In the highest degree of the celestial kingdom men have more than one wife. A righteous Mormon will see the face of God in the Mormon temple. If a Gentile becomes Mormon, the Holy Ghost actually purges his Gentile blood and replaces it with Israelite blood.
. Jesus was married. Jesus and Satan are brothers, They are our brothers. We are spirit children of Heavenly Father. Jesus was conceived by God by having sex with Mary. We should not pray to Jesus. The "Lord" in the Old Testament is Jesus in the New Testament, but different from "God the Father". Christ will not return to earth in any year that has seen a rainbow.
Before coming to this earth we lived as spirits in a "pre-existence", in which we were tested. Dark skin is a curse from God, the result of our sin or our ancestors sin. If righteous, a dark-skinned person will become light-skinned. Not only will humans be resurrected to eternal life, but also all animals.
All humans before the Flood lived in the western hemisphere. The Ark transported Noah to the eastern hemisphere. Mormons should avoid traveling on water, Satan rules the waters. You can identify a false angel by the color of his hair, or by offering to shake his hand.
American Indians are "descendants of Lehi", but there is not a hint of the Hebrew language in any of the Indian dialects. The Garden of Eden was in Missouri.The Book of Mormon says that Lehi found horses in America. Horses did not exist in the Americas until the 16th century. The Book of Mormon says that Nephi had a bow of steel. Jews did not have steel in this time period and iron was not smelted in the Americas until Spaniard arrived. The book of Mormon mentions "swords and cimeters." Scimitars were not around until the rise of Islam (500A.D.) The Book of Mormon mentions silk. This did not exist in the Americas at this time

Its a classic example of science busting a con,
In smiths day there was no way to prove the native americans were not the lost tribe.
Modern DNA science proves the claim is BullShit.......

And yet the US might well vote a mormon in as president...................

What you are not likely to see is an atheist as pres

Sherman: What will you do to win the votes of the Americans who are atheists?
Bush: I guess I'm pretty weak in the atheist community. Faith in God is important to me.
Sherman: Surely you recognize the equal citizenship and patriotism of Americans who are atheists?
Bush: No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God.
Sherman (somewhat taken aback): Do you support as a sound constitutional principle the separation of state and church?
Bush: Yes, I support the separation of church and state. I'm just not very high on atheists.

Yeah I have read that before and I was not all that surprised really.
I look forward to a day where the belief in an imaginary friend will keep you out of public office. Many may say that I am just being intolerant right?

And well I should be because these people who would be leaders have their fingers on buttons of weapons that could mean the end of us all. So talking to imaginary friends is not a trait I would want in a person in that position.

I look forward to a day where the belief in an imaginary friend will keep you out of public office. Many may say that I am just being intolerant right?

And well I should be because these people who would be leaders have their fingers on buttons of weapons that could mean the end of us all. So talking to imaginary friends is not a trait I would want in a person in that position.
The PTB like religion because they use it to control the masses. Wasn't that the reason institutionalized religion was created to control the masses? Humanity is what it is. I don't anticipate the system changing anytime soon. I think back to the Vietnam war. The National Guard killed four college students at Kent State. Parents who had college students attending Kent State were interviewed by the press, they said: "They should have shot more of them." I can't see the future: Brave New World, or hell on earth?

Exactly, who in their right mind....... would want someone with their finger on the big red button, who talks to an imaginary friend, and looks for direction in religious texts long long ago outdated

President Jacques Chirac wanted to know what the hell President Bush had been on about in their last conversation. Bush had then said that when he looked at the Middle East, he saw "Gog and Magog at work" and the biblical prophecies unfolding. But who the hell were Gog and Magog? Neither Chirac nor his office had any idea. But they knew Bush was an evangelical Christian, so they asked the French Federation of Protestants, who in turn asked Professor Römer.
Bush Gog and Magog | Andrew Brown | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

Its a wonder these nutjobs havent been the death of us yet.....................

Back