• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

How Silly is Climate Change Denial?

Maybe you just need to read it more carefully. There are some regs out of the control of corps. as clearly explained. Taxes, on products cause less products to be purchased. Corporations hate to pay taxes themselves. This is all a very consistent discussion on what limits profit. It's a fairly clear discussion on capitalism and corporate desire.

It has not been demonstrated that this is a fraud.

It has been demonstrated over and over for thirty years that this political program is based on science fraud.

The fact that the "97%" number hyped in the Viacom Corporation video in the first post in this thread is itself fraudulent is a perfect example.

The fraud is now so blatant it has become humorous. A people who allow themselves to be ruled by such blatant criminals deserve what they get.

FWIW: Rising tides lift all boats, and the tide is globally going out. As ever more humans compete for ever fewer resources, the scramble on the part of the "haves" to maintain and secure whatever positions they individually occupy is becoming increasingly more strident, devious and even downright ruthless. Stratification and exclusion is a natural tendency in human societies anyway. We seem to be in a cycle in which it is accelerating to an alarming degree.

Sometimes the small and under-the-radar ways in which big corps take advantage of people are the ones that piss me off the most. Two examples:

-Until relatively recently, it was quite legal for mail offers including "free checks" in the U.S. to trigger one of those sneaky "fine print" agreements Americans have come to know so well. This would sign up whoever unwittingly cashed said check for a small monthly credit card charge for some type of obscure "service". There was NO expiration date for these agreements, which were vaguely labeled on credit card statements and often overlooked for YEARS. And, BTW, they were carried over when the CC company changed your credit card numbers. How convenient !

-We hear unending talk in the media about the outrageous cost of healthcare. I have yet to hear a discussion about pharmaceutical patent expirations for a class of drugs known as biologics. These are drugs manufactured by specialized biological rather than chemical processes (i.e. gene splicing) for which authorization needed by competitors seeking to take the drug generic is difficult or virtually impossible to legally obtain.

FDA considering petition to protect biologic medications’ patents

Biosimilar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We are talking about many billions of dollars here. Congress will claim it just has not been able to formulate valid legal definitions for generic equivalents. Bullsh*t.
The underlying thread here is utter corruption of legislators whose job should be to keep things ethical. We are almost becoming numb to this.

Re climate change:
Has Randall Carlson ever appeared on The Paracast? He might make an interesting guest. His recent interview with Joe Rogan on climate change and earth cycles is thought provoking.

Carlson does not come across as especially dogmatic. I'm not saying he is neccessarily correct. But he brings a wide overview (his version anyway) of what we know about earth's climate and biological history to the discussion. CAUTION to listeners: Anyone familiar with Rogan will know his style includes blunt and scatological language !

Last edited:
Remember that certain types of blunt language aren't allowed on traditional radio. Just FYI.

Gene, this is the first time I've heard Carslon, so I'm not sure what his style normally is. Not as blunt as Rogan, certainly. But beyond that, some vetting would probably be needed. At any rate--just tossing it out for consideration.

We just remind guests at the beginning of the episode to watch their language. We rarely have a miss, and when we do, it's always on the cutting room floor.

The whole concept of pro climate change advocates as "criminals" I find to be patently ridiculous. The notion that somehow people are going to independently make millions of dollars in some climate fraud scheme is ludicrous. Carbon taxes will redistribute wealth for third world countries to focus on renewable energies as opposed to the cheap pollution based oil that is responsible for most of our air quality dilemmas in the luxurious first world.

Those who speak the loudest on climate fraud are the mining and oil industry corporate gods who have used the age old hate based concept of the scapegoat to get a lot of people hot under the collar. Just how many pennies per gallon of fuel is it all going to add up to - a pittance in the grand scheme of things. But the anger and vitriol people use when it comes to the "criminal" discussion points more to just how silly the climate fraud debate is, like somehow first workers are going to have their lives ruined.

And the myth that there are actual individuals robbing us all blind in the name of creating a healthier planet is just actually mind numbing. IMHO this is another example of how the ultra wealthy have convinced the masses to shoot themselves in the foot again by literally lobbying for the right for corporate industry to work in a deregulated environment where we somehow all blindly believe that carbon emissions are actually healthy for us. "Damn it, I demand the right to a polluted and dying planet because taxes are just plain evil!" Really now, no matter what your feelings on CO2 are does that actually make any sense at all. Is not cleaner better?

Last edited:
That wacky people still think it's a fraud is itself worth a thought or two. Do you also think the Earth is 6,000 years old?

Perfect example of why Americans are clueless and deserve to be predated. Instead of addressing the science fraud, you revert to an Ad Hominem.

I used to care about you guys. I'm converting to the opinion that you bare responsibility for what you get.

Carbon taxes will redistribute wealth for third world countries to focus on renewable energies as opposed to the cheap pollution based oil that is responsible for most of our air quality dilemmas in the luxurious first world.

Wow. Just wow.

Sometimes I forget how clueless people are regarding the history of imperialism and the U.S military's work securing resources for corporations. They don't know about the British East India Corporation, John Perkins, IMF loans, or even basic public accounting.

It's so tragic.

I wonder how many of the climate change deniers, the professional ones, aren't paid for by the energy industry who wants the status quo.

Consider the extreme weather of the last couple of years and tell me that it's normal.

The mega-corporations do not want status quo. They spend billions of dollars promoting the climate fraud like in the Viacom video above because the resulting carbon taxes will swell their profits.

The change they want is more profits.

This week Governor Brown of California used all the words: Climate Change, Global Warming, and such, in talking about the now extended fire season in southern California - as fires roar in San Diego and we can smell the acrid smoke on a morning in Los Angeles/Santa Monica/Malibu.

As Dr. David Suzuki says - we have to shift the paradigm. Important words about our brain and being human - that humans 'invented' the future - we are capable of understanding how we effect the future.

I agree with Dr. Suzuki (when he talks at the very end) about nature - we don't know enough to make a definitive doomsday scenario - though working with the warnings is necessary. Just as the earth, and subsequent climate, changes are speeding up in ways that no computer model predicted (because limited by human input and understanding at the time of the model's construction) - so, too, we don't know the corrections nature may instigate.

However, we do know some things - and it is foolish not to heed the indications of our knowledge.

Last edited:
So:

LIE: There is no scientific consensus that humans are the primary cause of global warming

To believe what some say here, the 97% of climate scientists who accept the theory of man-made global warming are all in the pockets of the energy companies who expect to receive imaginary carbon tax benefits, doesn't stand up to the logic test. Where are the carbon tax benefits anyway that somehow benefit the employers of these scientists? Does anyone know what that even means?

Wow. Just wow

Sometimes I forget how clueless people are regarding the history of imperialism and the U.S military's work securing resources for corporations. They don't know about the British East India Corporation, John Perkins, IMF loans, or even basic public accounting.

It's so tragic.

I'm sorry to say but I read all about such historical facts many many years ago. I don't think you fully comprehend on just what lowest level of hell I place the great corporate godhood and now artficial person on.

Back