• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hey space fans... Any questions for our resident skeptic Lance Moody?

Just wanted to thank Chris and Gene for having me on the program. If I didn't answer your question on the program, I will try to here.
It was a pleasure finally getting the chance to talk... for someone who has never done a full radio guest appearance, I want to be the first to say that you in (cyber:rolleyes:)person, real-time are a gentleman and you represented your positions and thinking in a relaxed, understated, respectful and at times,—even ironically funny— manner! As I've said numerous times: you are a very valued member of our Paracast community, I'm a fan, and I think we discovered we have a lot more in common than perhaps we thought going in! I trust this was the first of many shows featuring your brand of skeptical analysis and conversational savvy! (btw: we were all on our best behavior, even though I sense Lance still thinks I'm full 'o sh*t LOL) Good job, bud!:)

Mr. Moody, I have a question:

A skeptic can win any arguement by simply saying "prove it." After all, it comes down to proof, real proof, real evidence that is undeniable and with the paranormal, its going to be a tall ask for that to happen.

So, for you is it the drive to disprove those who believe or is it a drive to disprove those who claim truth based on questionable facts? To me they are two different aspects; the first indicates a disdain for the subject and the second merely a cry for reason within an unreasonable subject.

A second question: Gene and Chris are CHAMPIONS at separating those who have a true passion and calling for the paranormal from those who are simply seeing a way "to make a buck"

does the same kind of thing happen in a skeptics world? i.e. "Skeptics who aren't skeptics but are for a buck?" I hope all this makes sense!

It was a pleasure finally getting the chance to talk... for someone who has never done a full radio guest appearance, I want to be the first to say that you in (cyber:rolleyes:)person, real-time are a gentleman and you represented your positions and thinking in a relaxed, understated, respectful and at times,—even ironically funny— manner! As I've said numerous times: you are a very valued member of our Paracast community, I'm a fan, and I think we discovered we have a lot more in common than perhaps we thought going in! I trust this was the first of many shows featuring your brand of skeptical analysis and conversational savvy! (btw: we were all on our best behavior, even though I sense Lance still thinks I'm full 'o sh*t LOL) Good job, bud!:)
I really like Lance. I see him as someone who believes in his disbelief, as it were, but is still willing to put in the time and energy to do some real research, whether you like the results or not. He won't take things on face value, and when he pokes some big holes into someone's theories, or reputation, you have to listen to him even if it angers you.

Certainly I don't agree with a number of his conclusions, but I can say the same thing for lots of people. Jim Moseley proved you can have close friends who are polar opposites when it comes to opinions about the paranormal and other subjects.

I do accept Lance's explanation for why he seems to spend much time here, since he said he's often just killing time as he renders videos. There are worse things one can do than hang out in a paranormal forum.

Lance will be back, and there are many contentious issues Chris and I want to bring up, and we'd like the opportunity to ask more of your questions, but the episode just flew by.

Bio of Colm Kelleher ( hope this helps you Lance)

Colm Kelleher is currently a senior research scientist in the biotechnology sector. Following his Ph.D. in biochemistry from the University of Dublin, Trinity College in 1983 ,Trinity College, Dublin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Trinity College Dublin - The University of Dublin, Ireland

Kelleher worked at the Ontario Cancer Institute, the Terry Fox Cancer Research Laboratory, and the National Jewish Center for Immunology. For nearly a decade, he worked as project manager and team leader at a private research institute in Las Vegas, using forensic science methodology to unravel scientific anomalies.

Lance, are you in fact, a paid disinfo agent?

Do you know any well known debunkers that are not ex services, on government pensions, out of all the publicity seeking wanna be famous debunkers, are there any that are not ex american government employees, just asking.

you lancie lad have once again proven that critical thinking is something you claim to adhere to, but obviously practice little.

thanks for agreeing that the 4 names above are to both our minds 'debunkers', who only hide behind the veil of skepticism, just like you yourself.

4 non ex american services debunkers is all you could muster, so lets checkem out.

For a second there I thought you were coming back on the show, but I see this is a dinosaur thread. I'll ask my question anyway.

What do you make of the David Biedny UFO sighting?

what about intellectual integrity lance, do you consider yourself an honest man, is it important to you, for instance if you were proven wrong would you acknowledge your error and correct it.

a simple yes or no will do.

@Trained--David is a friend. I believe he had a sighting. I think I can let one case go without skeptical scrutiny.

I understand what you are saying there.

Do you think the recent discovery of the newspaper article sufficiently corroborates the sighting of an unidentifiable object flying over Caracas at that time? I think it does. I don't know what it actually was, but it qualifies as a truly Unidentified Flying Object in my book.

It answers the question: "Do UFOs exist?" at any rate.

Well, to be fair, I haven't yet been able to listen to the recent show. With any show, guest/claims- I tend to use a "filter" when absorbing the info. If 98% of JC's claims turn out to be false, there is always a chance that 2% has some substance. I personally remain on the fence regarding anything para... In my opinion, there are no "absolutes" on either side of this fence.

Well, to be fair, I haven't yet been able to listen to the recent show. With any show, guest/claims- I tend to use a "filter" when absorbing the info. If 98% of JC's claims turn out to be false, there is always a chance that 2% has some substance. I personally remain on the fence regarding anything para... In my opinion, there are no "absolutes" on either side of this fence.

Has there ever been a case of a paranormal claim being 98% B.S. yet containing some grain of truth? How could you tell? All I can think of is IMBRAGNO. Can anything Imbrogno ever said be taken as "truthful?" I don't think so. Professional liars can't be trusted to tell you what time it is or even if the sun is shining or not.

Has there ever been a case of a paranormal claim being 98% B.S. yet containing some grain of truth? How could you tell? All I can think of is IMBRAGNO. Can anything Imbrogno ever said be taken as "truthful?" I don't think so. Professional liars can't be trusted to tell you what time it is or even if the sun is shining or not.
The prob with Imbragno, in my opinion, some of his experiences took place while stationed over seas. Then we came to find out he may not have been "stationed" anywhere during the timeperiod ref in his books. I'm not talking about making things up- as much as an investigator looking into other people's claims/experiences and documenting "strangeness" where there may never have been.
Again, I still have to listen to the recent show, before I can comment on the JC material.

Back