• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Guest Suggestions for The Paracast

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/science/ufo-sightings-book.html?smid=fb-share&_r=0
According to this article:
"The book contains no narrative or anecdotal accounts, just 371 pages of charts and graphs that slice and dice the geography and timing of the incidents and the various shapes that witnesses reported: flying circles, spheres, triangles, discs, ovals, cigars."
Openminds Alejandro Rojas had an interview with Cheryl Costa recently. IMO the most interesting parts were how popular this book is. It is being interduced into more main stream news outlets reaching the general population. This news article was on drudge report which gets approximately 2.5 million views per day. Thats a wide audience and is a minor step forward to the possibilities of disclosure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I met a good guy this week (in the pub!) who is a serious sasquatch researcher in Canada. He and his brother make regular wilderness trips and have come across all sorts of interesting stuff: footprints, tree structures, howling, knockings, have had rocks thrown at them in the middle of nowhere, plus his brother has had an actual sighting. They're in contact with other researchers, and I was interested to find out that many don't put their stuff in the public domain. (It reminded me a bit of Ray Stanford.) I saw some of the photos that both he and his contacts had got from trail cams and they are stunning: some of them closer and clearer pictures than the Patterson-Gimlin footage, but none of which I've ever seen published online.

The fact that these researchers don't go public with their material adds greatly, for me, to its credibility. It also reveals that the stuff we see on the internet and in the media is only the tip of the iceberg, in terms of what research is taking place and what hard evidence exists. If Gene and Chris were keen maybe the chap could be persuaded to come on the show. I'm sure he'd be a great guest.

(Cross-posted in the Cryptozoology forum.)

Last edited:
I met a good guy this week (in the pub!) who is a serious sasquatch researcher in Canada. He and his brother make regular wilderness trips and have come across all sorts of interesting stuff: footprints, tree structures, howling, knockings, have had rocks thrown at them in the middle of nowhere, plus his brother has had an actual sighting. They're in contact with other researchers, and I was interested to find out that many don't put their stuff in the public domain. (It reminded me a bit of Ray Stanton.) I saw some of the photos that both he and his contacts had got from trail cams and they are stunning: some of them closer and clearer pictures than the Patterson-Gimlin footage, but none of which I've ever seen published online.

The fact that these researchers don't go public with their material adds greatly, for me, to its credibility. It also reveals that the stuff we see on the internet and in the media is only the tip of the iceberg, in terms of what research is taking place and what hard evidence exists. If Gene and Chris were keen maybe the chap could be persuaded to come on the show. I'm sure he'd be a great guest.

(Cross-posted in the Cryptozoology forum.)
I'd love to see those photos!

I'd love to see those photos!

They were great pics, a couple with good head and torso detail. Another interesting one was from his own trail cam, which they had bungee-corded very tightly 7.5 feet up on a tree by a game trail. They chose the spot because the woods had become suddenly quiet, indicating the presence of an apex predator. When they went back to collect the camera a week later they had a picture. According to the timestamp, about 15 minutes after they left the area something had got hold of the camera and tilted it towards the ground. It had to be a creature with great strength because the bungee cords were too tight for a normal human to dislodge. The picture showed the ground beneath the tree plus great detail in the side of the frame of the brown fur of whatever it was pulling at the camera. It couldn't have been a bear because there are no brown bears in that area, only black ones.

They were great pics, a couple with good head and torso detail. Another interesting one was from his own trail cam, which they had bungee-corded very tightly 7.5 feet up on a tree by a game trail. They chose the spot because the woods had become suddenly quiet, indicating the presence of an apex predator. When they went back to collect the camera a week later they had a picture. According to the timestamp, about 15 minutes after they left the area something had got hold of the camera and tilted it towards the ground. It had to be a creature with great strength because the bungee cords were too tight for a normal human to dislodge. The picture showed the ground beneath the tree plus great detail in the side of the frame of the brown fur of whatever it was pulling at the camera. It couldn't have been a bear because there are no brown bears in that area, only black ones.
Oh god it's not Todd Standing is it?

He's a pretty infamous hoaxer around our parts.
Todd Standing: Legit Bigfoot Researcher or Hoaxer? |

03_11_cal_bigfoot_toddstanding_thumb.jpg

Analysis in… Todd Standing’s blinking Bigfoot.

Bargain Basement, Bottom Barrel, Badly Barbered, Blinking, Bigfoot, Blatantly, Backhandedly, Belying, Brain Blight, Basket Barometer, BS.

I suggest esotericist Håkan Blomqvist. Håkan has been a member of UFO-Sweden since 1970, first as chairman of a local group, UFO-Södertälje. In 1973 he co-founded Arbetsgruppen för ufologi which in January 1980 transformed into the Archives for UFO Research Foundation . Håkan is a board member of UFO-Sweden since 2008 and presently the vice-chairman of this national group. At the archives Håkan specializes in the personal and organizational files we keep from paranormal activists, groups and organizations.

He wrote the book: Esotericism and UFO Research.pdf

His email address is [email protected]

I think it would be interesting to have Peter Robbins on to hear in detail the problems he now has with Larry Warren's account of the Rendlesham Forest incident.

It would also be good to understand if his thoughts on Nick Pope's book have changed as a result.

I also think he's a compelling listen on all aspects of the UFO mystery and so called "abduction" phenomenon.

Back