• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

george knapp interview questions..

So.....I read Hunt for the SkinWalker and all I can remember was the schizophrenic nature of the book. It clearly was written by two people with different writing skill levels. A few chapters (I'm assuming were written by George) were well written and articulate. The others (written by...the other guy) were so poor in too-casual language, bad grammar, and crappy structure it seemed like it was written by my 10 year old.

The book itself was fairly interesting. If a third of the content was truth than all the evidence you could ever need was generated during it's conception. Of course, as has been pointed out time and again even within this thread; when it comes to cold hard proof we never see it. There's always some excuse as to why it cannot be generated.

Regarding what 'proof' most people require? Well 'proof' and 'evidence' are items with characteristics which allow the passing of knowledge from one human being to the next, often times in a physical form or via demonstration. For instance I can offer proof of the law of gravity by showing you how to drop a ball from a height. Statements of claims (verbal) are not considered proof of knowledge, though they can and often do pass belief from one human being to the next. Lazar supposedly possessed knowledge as he had observed (seen demonstrated) what he claimed, however when he communicated this information to George, he only communicated belief for George since Lazar had nothing which possessed characteristics (physically or via demonstration) of knowledge. George believes Lazar, but by his own admission he made no observations of Area 51/UFO connections himself and therefore has no "knowledge" of what Lazar claims goes on there.

Take it for what it is but you can either believe Lazar and Knapp or choose not to, but clearly no proof is offered and therefore no knowledge can be offered.

Peace.

Regarding what 'proof' most people require? Well 'proof' and 'evidence' are items with characteristics which allow the passing of knowledge from one human being to the next, often times in a physical form or via demonstration. For instance I can offer proof of the law of gravity by showing you how to drop a ball from a height. Statements of claims (verbal) are not considered proof of knowledge, though they can and often do pass belief from one human being to the next...Take it for what it is but you can either believe Lazar and Knapp or choose not to, but clearly no proof is offered and therefore no knowledge can be offered.

Peace.

Thanks very much for that well detailed review. It only confirms what's endemic to the field - passed on half truths, invention and a general lack of handholds to help climb the UFO/Paranormal mountain. There is always just the story passed on as the teller keeps challenging us with, "Tell me, what kind of proof do you need?"

But we listeners never get to speak back with a completely critical voice looking for actual knowledge transfer. Only the story persists, with its fragments of mystery which yields nothing more than an addiction to curiousity that plagues the seeker. And when the skeptic or debunker speaks we cry heretic! Burn him! But when we do discover the falsities and we kill the untruth it rise back from the Billy Meier Ufological grave. And so it goes on.

It's kind of a strange wash with a broken rinse cycle. The dirt always sees to stick around. Oh well, back to the music.

George Knapp was his usual articulate and entertaining self and it was a great interview. But I have to say I still sense more smoke than fire at Skinwalker. The most mysterious thing about the place seems to be its effect on a handful of seemingly credible researchers who emerge with fantastic but unsubstantiated claims, and then fall back on a kind of proprietary secrecy oath when quizzed about details or good evidence. In all fairness, I have not read 'Hunt For The Skinwalker'. Perhaps it would leave me better convinced.

And the ever enigmatic Bob Lazar. I tend to believe Knapp's claims that Lazar was involved in something strange, perhaps even something related to the labs. But I don't see Lazar as the latent savant he is claimed to be. Manchurian candidate or paid disinfo agent seems more plausible. A visit to United Nuclear's website didn't help matters. It's a bit like a legit science supply house on strong weed, complete with black powder rocket making kits and chemicals almost guaranteed to win the foolhardy buyer one free visit by polite men in suits. Don't misunderstand. I really enjoyed the interview. But some of the conclusions and opinions could use a little shoring up.

Thanks very much for that well detailed review. It only confirms what's endemic to the field - passed on half truths, invention and a general lack of handholds to help climb the UFO/Paranormal mountain. There is always just the story passed on as the teller keeps challenging us with, "Tell me, what kind of proof do you need?"

But we listeners never get to speak back with a completely critical voice looking for actual knowledge transfer. Only the story persists, with its fragments of mystery which yields nothing more than an addiction to curiousity that plagues the seeker. And when the skeptic or debunker speaks we cry heretic! Burn him! But when we do discover the falsities and we kill the untruth it rise back from the Billy Meier Ufological grave. And so it goes on.

It's kind of a strange wash with a broken rinse cycle. The dirt always sees to stick around. Oh well, back to the music.

That's the very badger Burnt State. I knew I'd seen such a video. Daft punk are pretty good too, for a bunch of French guys! (It's ok, I love France, just ribbing)

That's the very badger Burnt State. I knew I'd seen such a video. Daft punk are pretty good too, for a bunch of French guys! (It's ok, I love France, just ribbing)

Ok, goggs, how did you know my dog's name was Badger? Have you been training with that ESP app that Targ was talking about? What made you say that - is 'badger' a colloquialism for 'dog' in your parts? That's a really nice sychronicity. Because you know when you posted that music vid question, I knew at the time you were in fact thinking about this specific video. I don't own any of their music but did have this image in my mind as I read your post.

Ok, goggs, how did you know my dog's name was Badger? Have you been training with that ESP app that Targ was talking about? What made you say that - is 'badger' a colloquialism for 'dog' in your parts? That's a really nice sychronicity. Because you know when you posted that music vid question, I knew at the time you were in fact thinking about this specific video. I don't own any of their music but did have this image in my mind as I read your post.

Ever heard of 'Remote Viewing' ? - nah, course you have and I'm joking. Actually, only amongst a small group of people I know, 'badger' can be used to mean money, 'Cost me 20 badgers, that did,' but also it can mean pretty much any unknown quantity, so instead of me saying 'Burnt State, that's the very thing...' I say, 'That's the very badger.'
Strange, I know, but I like it. 'Badger' is such a great sounding word, regardless of the animal. Feel free to adopt it's use and spread the word. From now on, in the US or Canada, 'badger' is officially a new word for dollar, buck etc. 'Man, a badger just doesn't stretch as far as it used to...'
:)

I will admit that it was a bit synchronistic, you having a dog named badger, and us talking about dogmen etc. But hey! This is the Paracast forum, so what better place for such a thing to happen?:p

Ever heard of 'Remote Viewing' ? - nah, course you have and I'm joking. Actually, only amongst a small group of people I know, 'badger' can be used to mean money, 'Cost me 20 badgers, that did,' but also it can mean pretty much any unknown quantity, so instead of me saying 'Burnt State, that's the very thing...' I say, 'That's the very badger.'
Strange, I know, but I like it. 'Badger' is such a great sounding word, regardless of the animal. Feel free to adopt it's use and spread the word. From now on, in the US or Canada, 'badger' is officially a new word for dollar, buck etc. 'Man, a badger just doesn't stretch as far as it used to...'
:)

I will admit that it was a bit synchronistic, you having a dog named badger, and us talking about dogmen etc. But hey! This is the Paracast forum, so what better place for such a thing to happen?:p

Oh and you were right in that the Daft Punk video was indeed the very one I was trying to think of. I really love this forum and I love interacting with all you cool characters, to whom I can go for help on any topic under the sun, including music videos with human bodies and dog faces!

So.....I read Hunt for the SkinWalker and all I can remember was the schizophrenic nature of the book. It clearly was written by two people with different writing skill levels. A few chapters (I'm assuming were written by George) were well written and articulate. The others (written by...the other guy) were so poor in too-casual language, bad grammar, and crappy structure it seemed like it was written by my 10 year old.

The book itself was fairly interesting. If a third of the content was truth than all the evidence you could ever need was generated during it's conception. Of course, as has been pointed out time and again even within this thread; when it comes to cold hard proof we never see it. There's always some excuse as to why it cannot be generated.

Regarding what 'proof' most people require? Well 'proof' and 'evidence' are items with characteristics which allow the passing of knowledge from one human being to the next, often times in a physical form or via demonstration. For instance I can offer proof of the law of gravity by showing you how to drop a ball from a height. Statements of claims (verbal) are not considered proof of knowledge, though they can and often do pass belief from one human being to the next. Lazar supposedly possessed knowledge as he had observed (seen demonstrated) what he claimed, however when he communicated this information to George, he only communicated belief for George since Lazar had nothing which possessed characteristics (physically or via demonstration) of knowledge. George believes Lazar, but by his own admission he made no observations of Area 51/UFO connections himself and therefore has no "knowledge" of what Lazar claims goes on there.

Take it for what it is but you can either believe Lazar and Knapp or choose not to, but clearly no proof is offered and therefore no knowledge can be offered.

Peace.

Excellent explanation of the difference between knowledge & information Sandanfire, Kudos.

You've succinctly illustrated the primary problem, both with the so-called "paranormal" (I'm talking about the 10% of this that's the core "high strangeness
phenomena", not the other 90% of assorted things- misidentification, hoaxes, psychosis, military, etc. It's been my experience that "Sturgeon's Law" tends to
apply to most things in this current world) and people in general.

To paraphrase Patanjali's Yoga Sutras: "Words for which there are no objective realities are major sources of delusion." What most people call knowledge is
actually information, because they have no direct experience of it. People in general constantly say things to people as if they're truth, when all it is is hearsay.

You "know" where your keys are. You just can't put it " into form". Having information about sexual intercourse, versus actually having it, having "knowledge".

People also tend to always forget that when you say that you "believe" or "have faith" in something, what you're actually saying is is that you don't know.

There are some very interesting grey areas to all of this however. Someone could have knowledge, direct experience of something, but if their "belief system",
or "reality box" doesn't allow for it, they will discount it as false, or an "hallucination". They do this, while not being cognizant of the fact that the vast majority
of their belief system is composed of things, according to the very definition of the word belief, that they don't know.

Propagandists, Con men, intelligence agencies, organized religion leaders understand these points, and their various nuances, and utilize them to great effect in
getting people to do what they want.

From what I "know", I "believe" what Mr. Knapp has put forward regarding what he's discovered about Bob Lazar and his story, while always being cognizant of the
fact that I don't know the absolute truth of the matter, because I wasn't there.

90% of what most of us try to pass off as facts are actually heresay. We heard it from a parent, trusted teacher, perceived authority figure, and now "believe" it to
be "truth". It's ALL hearsay until YOU prove it to yourself. Don't ever let yourself be deluded into thinking otherwise. That's "true believers" and "skeptics" alike.
Just different polarities of belief, masquerading as truth, as knowledge.

Things that we swore, and taught in school as the gospel truth just 50 years ago, we now know to be wrong. And the current truths will also change, as we learn, and
get more information and see if it's actual knowledge.

Unless we were at Los Alamos, at the Skinwalker Ranch, at Area 51, it's all hearsay, all belief. For a believer or skeptic to say that they have the ultimate handle on
any of this phenomena is being more than a little disingenuous, both to others, and to yourselves.

But even once you have knowledge, what then? To others, you're just another believer, unless you can give proof, unless you can give them instructions to replicate
your results.

And even if you do that, so what? If your peers don't consider your results valid enough to join the general consensus on things, you're crap out of luck. The history of most fields consist of someone coming up with something new, and more often than not, having to wait until the standard bearers of the status quo died before their
(knowledge?information?) was accepted as part of the new status quo.

I'm saying all of this to say that, as far as we can tell from mostly anecdotal reports, we're looking at the movements of a core phenomena that can be solid one minute,
and gone the next, that can go in and out of our reality as they please, like opening and closing a door. It is letting us know, both subtly & explicitly, that our ideas of what's "real", what's "solid", what's "proof", what's "knowledge" may need to be expanded a bit.

To me, this is THE number one priority for ufology. Potentially hugely valuable data locked in cupboards and boxes gathering dust and waiting to be thrown out when the person dies and the executors clean the property without realising the importance of the collateral contained therein.

Until we get a mindset change from the making money side to the altruistic / sociological side then the subject will be hampered and continue to suffer.

When we talk about full disclosure from a government, we should look to our own as well, some are just as bad IMHO.
Great show but this is exactly correct! I got a sinking feeling after knapp admitted he was bigalows lap dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I am going to regret this but.....

Lazar is a fraud. Knapp did good research back in the 90's but has not followed any of the plethora of good leads on the Lazar nonsense since. Instead he falls back on the same 3 oft repeated defenses. 1) Lazar was harassed and had his house broken into. 2) he knew what color the mess hall was. 3) The LANL phonebook.

ALL of these have been explained. Knapp is probably a good guy. But, this story gave him national and world exposure. His carrier has blossomed because of it. He is a good reporter and a smart guy. He knows what Lazar is and he knows that he isn't a rogue physicist. Lazar can't explain the most basic high school level physics concepts. He can not use accurate physical terminology. He can not mathematically describe common theories.

Bah! Believe what you want I guess, but Lazar is a complete charlatan and Knapp is complacent in keeping his mount shut while the lie continues to propagate. It just gets under my skin when either of their names comes up. I just know I am about to hear the BS start up again.

Back