• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

george knapp interview questions..

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
I and my wife listened to the knapp interview. And we noted they asked one of my wifes questions about
Lazar and proof of lazars claims. Knapps 1st statment of "what kind of proof do ppl need?"
Should have been contered better. How about physical proof? How bout evidence that dose not relay how his word? Knapp kept saying how did lazar know about this and that. Simple he could. Have heard about it from many sources..goggle any one? He waffled and made. No effort to cite tanglble proof..unchallanged by chris or gene...so the end result was lazars cliams remain..his word..no proof...

I and my wife listened to the knapp interview. And we noted they asked one of my wifes questions about
Lazar and proof of lazars claims. Knapps 1st statment of "what kind of proof do ppl need?"
Should have been contered better. How about physical proof? How bout evidence that dose not relay how his word? Knapp kept saying how did lazar know about this and that. Simple he could. Have heard about it from many sources..goggle any one? He waffled and made. No effort to cite tanglble proof..unchallanged by chris or gene...so the end result was lazars cliams remain..his word..no proof...
Google? Back in 1988 and '89. Umm I don't think so... Knapp is a crack, world-class investigative journalist. If he says he was satisfied w/ Lazar's story after checking him out, that's good enough for me. What more do you want? Alien saliva and/or other bodily fluids? Photos? Videos? Yeah, I suppose: in a perfect world...Working @ one of the most secure black-sites in the world has a habit of putting handcuffs on evidence gathering by its employees—not to mention having the conejos to try and smuggle the evidence out of the S-4/Dreamland facility. etc. George is a standup guy... I prefer to take his opinion seriously and not question his investigative process—he's way better at this sort of thing than a vast majority of people out there waiting impatiently for "smoking gun" evidence of "alien" reality.

The problem is that there is no proof! Just lazars word. As for. Knapps skills I won't question that but.. I seem to recall a 2nd reported taken in by a hoax...his name was dan rather....

You will never get evidence of what ever it is as more plausible its in a "CONTACT" ideology it choose ! to Those who want the so called evidence will never have it open up to them it seems by all the eye witness accountants.

What I really don't get is Knapp's seeming defense of Bigelow's secrecy as somehow stemming from noble motives--as if Bigelow is a victim. This idea that Bigelow is protecting some poor caretaker and his family and that is why the ranch is guarded 24/7 by elite ex-special forces types is just ridiculous--it begs the question of why Bigelow continues to own the ranch at all if it is so much trouble. You can't tell me that it is cheaper to put a plot of arid cattle ground on lockdown for all these years than to simply sell it at a loss or, if there are no takers because it is such a nuisance, abandon it. Clearly, something is still afoot at the ranch. Something valuable that Bigelow does not want to share.

I thought the George Knapp interview was outstanding. I have to say I listened to it twice. IMO he answered the questions with well thought out answers. If you looking for solid physical evidence in the UFO paranormal field, good luck, not going to happen. I thought he made some good points about Bob lazar story. I do feel he may have been somewhat guarded in regards to Bigelow questions. I would to see the the stuff he sitting on in respect to the skinwalker ranch.

It was an interesting interview. Mr. Knapp's response to the question about hard evidence in the Skinwalker Ranch case was worrisome, because it felt like a realtime example of the "access journalism" that was covered on last week's episode. He has evidence, he has seen the evidence, but he won't be putting out a documentary because Mr. Bigelow requested that he not do it.

Can I understand the argument that the book has already caused so much commotion at the ranch? Sure. People are mostly stupid and thoughtless when it comes to this subject.

Do I think it is a reason f0r an investigative journalist to put a project on ice? Probably not. If Mr. Bigelow knew anything about the UFO and paranormal fields, he would have known that the publication of a book of testimony and stories without a single picture included would make that site The Promised Land for thrill seekers and knuckle-draggers from all over. I mean, the genie is kind of out of the bottle by now. Would that additional evidence make things worse ate the ranch? I really don't know. Maybe it would. Maybe Mr. Knapp is making the right decision by not finishing his documentary project.

Now, I'm not questioning Mr. Knapp's integrity or his investigative process. I respect him and think that his book on the ranch is exceptional.

All I am saying is that when you have an instance of a journalist having a longstanding relationship with a subject, it can be a double-edged sword. On the one hand, Mr. Bigelow trusts Mr. Knapp enough to grant interviews and stories, and to allow a great book about the Skinwalker Ranch. On the other hand, the relationship seems to have hampered the flow of additional information about the ranch. That's troublesome because it could be a sign of things to come with Mr. Bigelow's other endeavors -- especially the space exploration/colonization projects.

Hey, you know, maybe we don't deserve to know the rest of the story. We've heard that on this forum before. So, maybe it's just another case of some great stories without photographic evidence that we will only see when we promise to be on our best behavior. :) That's fine. It's still a damn good story.

This access issue is played out every single day in the mainstream media. Consider the White House correspondents and regular briefings. If those reporters really began to ask tough questions and demanded follow-ups and more details, how long would it take for them to be reassigned. Yes, there is the veneer of sharp questioning, but there's no reality to any of it.

When it comes to George Knapp, I imagine he was put in a ticklish position of possibly losing access to information as opposed to being able to present some of it. We'd all like to have to confront that dilemma.

I understand your point, Mr. Steinberg, and it troubles me with the government, as well.

The scenario you put forward about Mr. Knapp losing access to information versus presenting what he had is a good one. I was just wondering aloud how far that line stretches when it comes to such potentially explosive information.

It was a shame to hear Knapp admitting withholding his documentary at the request of Mr. Moneybags. Clearly any and all proof deserves to go directly to the billionaires of the world and the lowly peasants deserve to beg for crumbs of information:rolleyes: . If Knapp's reason was genuine it is highly questionable. It seems the damage has already been done. I doubt another documentary would draw thousands more unwashed masses to the ranch.

Luckily Knapp redeemed himself to me later in the interview. His story about the big busted lady forced to strip on the UFO was comedy gold. I almost spit out my drink after hearing it. That's exactly how I picture in my mind some of the folks that would be C2C groupies or attend a UFO conference.

All in all a great show and DO MORE ON SKINWALKER RANCH.

This access issue is played out every single day in the mainstream media. Consider the White House correspondents and regular briefings. If those reporters really began to ask tough questions and demanded follow-ups and more details, how long would it take for them to be reassigned. Yes, there is the veneer of sharp questioning, but there's no reality to any of it.

But Gene, that is how it is supposed to work! That is their JOB.

Decker

In my rush to demand proof I forgot one thing. My wife and I can not prove via pics or vid what we bolth know we saw. Ppl must rely on our word. It is here the credabilty of the witness comes in knap said "lazar is only telling what he saw!" It may be true but in a field rife with fraud doubt and questioning serves me well.keep up the good work guys. Far better than C2C would do....

The problem is that there is no proof! Just lazars word. As for. Knapps skills I won't question that but.. I seem to recall a 2nd reported taken in by a hoax...his name was dan rather....

I understand your frustration but the whole field lacks any such proof.

Things about the Lazar case that have always been in the 'I believe him' camp, for me at least, are:

1. The Los Alamos phone book. Robert Lazar is not a common name and to think it was some kind of complete mistake-coincidence is too far a stretch for me. Add to that the fact that there were strong denials until Los Alamos caved and put it all on the head-hunting agency.

2. As George said and bear in mind we are talking 1989, who else knew, or was predicting test flights of something over S-4 on these Wednesday nights?

3. It cannot be understated that George had bona-fide Area 51 (ex) employees grill Bob, and they were sly enough to ask questions that people would be unlikely to be able to answer today, never mind back then - remember that we know pretty much anything about Area 51/S4 is because of George's stories. Was it not George that basically broke the Area 51-UFO story in the first place? It's not like all this was in the public domain already for Bob Lazar to use to blag it all. Back then, who else would have known about the placement of the cafeteria , the method of payment, the means of transport around the base, the off-limits areas etc. I'm not saying that it was impossible that Bob could have learned all that from someone, but that would involve basically another whistleblower would it not?
The chronological order of any little tidbit of info compared to any other source is of paramount importance when weighing up if the info was coming first-hand (from Bob) or second-hand from someone else.

4. George himself attests to the fact that Bob was being 'officially' harassed - phone taps, break-in's, being followed etc. Who would be doing that if Bob was just some crank making it all up?

5. Depending on any one single person's view of polygraphy, passing one test could show someone was telling their subjective truth. Some argue that these tests can be faked but the general consensus is that with a skilled, experienced operator, these tests are extremely difficult to completely cheat. Now, George said that Bob passed 4 tests.
One has to wonder what people would say if Bob failed 4 tests. Then, no doubt the tests would have been viewed as 100% reliable!
Polygraphs measure changes in the body that are unconsciously happening. I mean, can anyone reading this change their 'galvanic skin response' to order? I can't.

6. This isn't actually related to evidence for/against Bob Lazar as such, but from a 'slow disclosure' or disinfo point of view, it makes sense that someone like Bob was allowed to work at S-4, for a number of reasons. It was mentioned in the show about how strange it was that Bob was instructed to read these briefing documents - documents about alien reality etc - before his final security clearance came through. Now, I personally have gone through a Top Secret security clearance procedure and 2 things spring to mind; it takes months, sometimes even more than a year to complete, depending on the urgency.
But here is the bit that makes no sense, apart from Bob being used as an unwitting disinfo agent - if Bob was there to back-engineer a saucer, then pretty much nothing in those briefing docs would ever have been shown to him. It goes completely against the need-to-know principle and if there ever was, in the history of the US govt, a time to use that principle, it would have been with the work going on at S4.
Being told about 'soul vessels' and what planet the aliens were from etc is just not necessary to know (presumably) to do the back-engineering work. It only makes sense that Bob was shown such documents, in the hope that he spilled the beans.
Also, by showing Bob such info, it was a perfect seed planted so that it would be plainly obvious if he told anyone. I mean to say that if Bob was the only person shown those documents (cos they were B.S no doubt) then if any of the info leaked out (like through John Lear), then those in charge of S-4 would know for a fact, the info had leaked through Bob Lazar.

Perhaps, like the UFO topic itself, no one piece of the puzzle alone can convince anyone of anything but taken collectively, as a whole, the weight of all the 'evidence', circumstantial or otherwise, put together tells me that there is a good chance Bob was at S-4, even if he was only there to be used and he never really, truly worked on a bona-fide ET craft. I cannot remember if Bob stated that it was the very model he was back-engineering that he saw take a short test flight outside the hangar. More people than Bob or John Lear have seen what seem to be non-terrestrial craft performing moves that our aircraft are incapable of, in the vicinity of S-4 so one can take Bob Lazar completely out of the equation and still state that there were exotic craft of some kind being flown from there. Add to that though that Bob was able to predict exactly where and when these test flights would be taking place and to me at least, it seems on the face of it that Bob Lazar must have had some degree of inside info.

It cannot be understated how big that last point is. Remember, UFO's aside, we are talking about the place where the U2 and stealth craft were developed. It is most secret and I can promise you that the military authorities would be most interested to know how anyone from the 'outside' would know the test flight schedule for absolutely any aircraft flown from Area 51, never mind flying saucers. It's the kind of thing you could be charged with espionage for. It is utterly huge that anyone not working there should know any detail whatsoever about test-flight schedules. Things like that leaking into the public domain are the absolute last thing the security apparatus there would want happening. It would be an open invite to the USA's enemies to come and spy on these most secret technologies. It's the kind of thing that heads roll over. If Bob did not work there and found out some other way, I can assure you there would have been a major investigation into how any member of the public managed to find out such information - I mean they filmed it! It must have been deliberate that Bob was allowed to know, and if not, the poorest of security in the most secure of facilities? Doesn't make sense from a military security perspective.

My 2 cents!:)

On the George Knapp Interview:

I've always liked Knapp, and I'll add my vote to Chris' comment that Knapp is the best host that C2C has, but that's not going to stop me from also adding my voice to those who express concern about George's preoccupation with defending Bigelow. I listened to his C2C interview and Knapp did virtually no drilling down into the issues. On the Lazar issue, the bottom line, based on what's been written, and the analysis of others in the field with more expertise than me, particularly Stanton Friedman, who is also a real physicist with real credentials, who worked on real atomic powered rockets, and been in ufology for over 50 years, is that Lazar's science is too full of holes to take the core of it seriously. So what if there was a bunch of other quasi-relevant stuff that involved investigations and surveillance? Just the fact that Lazar made the claims he has would be enough to attract that kind of attention.

On the video evidence Knapp's seen ( the "invisible" creature that tore wires out of an electrical box ). Apart from pure self-interest and an "it's my sandbox and I'll do what I want" attitude, there's little excuse for not having the video analyzed by independent experts and presented to the public. It's not like Bigelow is short on cash to do it right, and it's not like Knapp isn't a media professional who could make it newsworthy. Between the two them we should be getting a whole lot more than smoke and mirrors ... but we're not. Where's the proof? Knapp liked to dodge that one as much as our esteemed former Prime Minister Jean Chretien ...

Maybe I missed it, but did Chris or Gene ever bother to ask even once:
"OK we believe you when you say you've seen it, so why can't we see it too? "
Chris' questions on the "Orb Project" were really interesting. I'd never heard of that before. I know the NL series UFOs, ( orbs ) are real because I've personally seen one well enough to know beyond any reasonable doubt. Knapp's stories about the "black blob" was just spooky. Same goes for the "dog men". It sounds like some kind of camouflage and/or mind control. Too bad the cops never picked up the cigarette butts to have the DNA residue analyzed. Subterranean bottomless lakes are also really interesting and would be valuable enough as water sources to own the land. Someone should make some inquiries to see if any geological claims have been made there.
Knapp @ 2:30:40: "The people who want to obscure these facts things are better at their jobs than we are at ours."
Knapp @ 2:30:40: "We know that there is really good evidence to pursue if somebody has the guts to pursue it."
Knapp @ 1:02:10 "They had something that crawled up the telephone poles and ripped the guts out of all these cameras, in full view of another camera that was recording it. Whatever had done it, it was invisible. Now Is that evidence? I think it is. I can't give you this evidence. I can't show it to you. But it exists and I've seen it and we wrote about it, and I interviewed the people who collected it."

Is it only me or does anybody else sense that we're getting mixed messages?

That goes back to Ray Stanford who says he has evidence. If it exists as he says, it's not that you can demand he produce it and make it so. I understand the frustration, however.

I'm with you on the cigarette butt DNA angle, but I suppose if the tale is true, it is so far along the bizarre spectrum you could forgive anyone for forgetting their own name following that.

Taking all the individually different paranormal types of event reported at the ranch, and the following list is no doubt far from exhaustive:

Orbs that instil extreme fear merely by their presence.
Poltergeist-type re-arranging of furniture or groceries(!)
UFO's.
'Melted' dogs.
Sasquatch-type beings.
Portals opening in mid-air, presumably to another location/dimension.
Voices coming seemingly from above and nowhere, in a strange language.
The imposition of an intelligence on a human's brain (the temporary 'taking-over' of one of the scientists).
Mutilations.
The 'herding' of prize bulls into a container, hardly big enough to hold them, without even opening the padlocked door!
Materialisation of objects/beings.
Dogmen.
Bulletproof hounds.
Interfering with technology (such as with the CCTV).
'Predator' kind of alien.
Strange canine responses.
Circle formation on ice.

Ok, so where I am going with this is the following: Is it reasonable to think that all these occurrences are separate paranormal events that for some reason all take place on or around this one ranch, or that they are all manifestations of the same intelligence? If it is the latter, then does that mean for instance that the UFO's seen are not the same as even identical-looking UFO's seen elsewhere, i.e is the 'intelligence' creating these UFO's for some effect and basing their appearance and performance on other 'real' UFO's from elsewhere?
The same can be thought about the werewolf or bigfoot beings - if there are any 'genuine' bigfoot or werewolf's anywhere in the world, are the ones seen at the ranch just more of the same, or are they 'copies' made by the intelligence for the purposes of show?

It only even begins to make sense to me if the intelligence (that I think must be there) present at the ranch get's a kick out of using paranormal themes from humanity and displaying them there for 'our' benefit. It would be weirder than weird if all these things were 'real' but separate and individual but for some reason congregate or are drawn to the ranch. Considering the history of the place and the fact that it is an identifiable location, I am surprised that Bigelow hasn't left a NIDS team there permanently, even if the activity has slowed a lot, just the merest chance of it returning would seem a better bet than hoping to get lucky elsewhere on the planet and let's face it, the amount of money it would take, even though it's a heck of a lot, it's still very, very affordable to a billionaire?

That goes back to Ray Stanford who says he has evidence. If it exists as he says, it's not that you can demand he produce it and make it so. I understand the frustration, however.

Yes, wasn't Chris gonna ask and see if Ray might release a photo or two? I've said it before and I'll say it again, Ray is getting on in years and none of us are immortal - what would happen to all the research and data if Ray were to die suddenly? Has he made arrangements for such a thing?

I don't want to get morbid and certainly hope Ray is around long enough to finally present publicly the fruits of his labours but there are a few researchers in his position, i.e promising to one day release amazing data from years of research but what happens if they die without a will detailing what should be done with their work?

Yes, wasn't Chris gonna ask and see if Ray might release a photo or two? ...
I'm visiting Ray and we'll have our first face2face since 2007 when I travel to help crew the video shoot of the Bassett extravaganza at the end of the month. I've set aside time for Ray and will attempt to get something/anything released for the public. I hope he is amenable to this request...

Has anyone listened to George Knapp's interview with Bigelow on C2C a couple of years ago? It was mainly focused on Bigelow aerospace and the 'huge announcement' of another cloak-and-dagger black ops science corporation by Bigelow, which he announced on the show as being, believe it or not, never to be mentioned again. I mean he literally got on the show and said, I'm forming this incredible new initiative to take para-science to the next level, and I'm never going to tell anyone a word about it. How bizarre is that?

But anyway, my point is not that. My point is this--near the very end of the show, Knapp sort sidles up to the topic of the Skinwalker ranch. Well, all of a sudden, Bigelow, who before that seemed like this sort of milquetoast, nerdy guy like a Bill Gates or something, you can hear the anger and the tension in his voice. And he doesn't answer Knapp's questions, he just sort of starts talking about the intruders and vandals through gritted teeth and makes references--similar to the ones Knapp made on the last paracast--to the fact that it's the entire basin that has paranormal phenomena so people really shouldn't be focused on the ranch, they should just leave it alone.

To my mind, Bigelow's sudden change of affect in that moment is a huge giveaway. The ranch truly is quite valuable to him. He knows something based on it. Possibly, who knows, he is possessed--if there is such a thing as possession--by whatever power lurks or lurked on the ranch. I do believe he bought the ranch before started his space technology endeavors. Could there be more than merely common causality in the form of a fascination with space there--could there be cause and effect? As in, his experiences at the ranch made him a pawn in a much grander game, one involving the privatization and weaponization of space to who knows what deranged and cryptic ends?

I'll have to check out Knapp's book, but in the meantime I suggest that the phenomena at the ranch could be explained as a special-ops training ground that includes a combination of traditional methods and new technology, including active camouflage and other high-tech tools e.g. laser holography, sonic projectors, and non-lethal EM weapons. If you've read Alexander's book on UFOs you'll recall that he included a few pages on psychological warfare, and a case of how a local legend was exploited by these special-ops people that made it appear that the enemy was being hunted by a mysterious creature that drained their blood. Have I mentioned that Alexander was also a part of NIDs? The observation towers, cameras, military trained guards, fences, and all the strange phenomena all add up to a training ground of this type, and I further suggest that the reactions to these exercises are monitored as part of the evaluation for process. It's all quite interesting.

For the time being, this Earthly explanation seems far more likely than a hyper-dimensional or ET presence, or other paranormal mythology. One might be tempted to counter with the question of how we would explain the mythology prior to all the activity on the ranch, and in response I'd simply defer again to Alexander's account of how the local mythology is exploited by these special-ops specialists. Does that mean there's nothing to the mythology? Not necessarily. But that's not the issue here. The question is what's going on at the ranch now, not a hundred years ago or more when native superstition alone was sufficient to explain the mythology.

Back