• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fukushima's melted cores have moved into the earth

Free episodes:

It goes without saying...but I will do so anyways....when I like your posts I don't actually like your posts, I like that you keep us filled in as quite frankly this catastrophe does drop off my radar from time to time, especially this time of year.

By not covering the Fukushima story, maybe the corporate media just hopes it will go away. Don't frighten the public, states Rule No. 1. But what if we need to be frightened? What if we desperately need to bury the spent fuel now stored above ground at dozens of American reactor sites?

By not covering the Fukushima story, maybe the corporate media just hopes it will go away. Don't frighten the public, states Rule No. 1. But what if we need to be frightened? What if we desperately need to bury the spent fuel now stored above ground at dozens of American reactor sites?

We should all be very very afraid sorry to say, but hey out of sight out of mind as they say and that is the problem is it not.
The fact is the main player in this is not in fact TEPCO (they are just the incompetent clean up crew at this point) or the Japanese government (who is in fact TEPCO) it is in reality GE.. the level of media control on this subject is mind blowing as what little the mainstream media has to say about this disaster paints a picture of every thing being under control.
Well my friends it is anything but under control.

Anybody know about the fuel rods? They kinda dropped off the map - and then there was a suggestion in one report that there never had been any rods. What?

Anybody know about the fuel rods? They kinda dropped off the map - and then there was a suggestion in one report that there never had been any rods. What?

What has happened is TEPCO began to remove rods from #4 reactor pool then suddenly went very quiet about it after information leaked that they had dropped one.
Not only that but the rods they have moved are the very few undamaged ones in the pool.
There is no way in hell they can get near the pool in reactor #3 so who the hell knows how they are going to sort that mess out.

Note that these are the rods in the reactor pool and not the reactor itself as there is no way of recovering these as the core has left the building by the expedient measure of boring its way into the ground.

What has happened is TEPCO began to remove rods from #4 reactor pool then suddenly went very quiet about it after information leaked that they had dropped one.
Not only that but the rods they have moved are the very few undamaged ones in the pool.
There is no way in hell they can get near the pool in reactor #3 so who the hell knows how they are going to sort that mess out.

Note that these are the rods in the reactor pool and not the reactor itself as there is no way of recovering these as the core has left the building by the expedient measure of boring its way into the ground.

Remind me - what is the result of them dropping the rod? And what do observers think is the status of the remaining rods? Sorry, mind like a sieve these days - I think it's the eggnog. :confused:

Remind me - what is the result of them dropping the rod? And what do observers think is the status of the remaining rods? Sorry, mind like a sieve these days - I think it's the eggnog. :confused:

if a rod is dropped it can cause a reaction with other rods in the pool in the worst case or even worse if it is dropped outside the pool and becomes exposed to the air the rod can begin to have an open air reaction causing it to burn. Be that as it may it is difficult to pick the damn thing up again.
Anyway TEPCO is being very quiet on the rod removal front.

Back