• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Fukushima's melted cores have moved into the earth

Wow! It Appears Fukushima Is Causing Americans To Get Cancer
TEXT: "Published on Jun 24, 2015: Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear joins Thom. The worst nuclear accident in recent history wasn’t unexpected - that’s according to an internal document recovered from Tokyo Electric Power - also known as Tepco. Tepco originally claimed that it had done everything possible to protect the nuclear power plant at Fukushima. But we now know that Tepco executives had discussed the need to build up coastal defenses back in 2008 - two and a half years before the tsunami hit Fukushima and caused a triple meltdown."

Information in a post -

"The Iodine-131 was revealed by a youtuber Hatrick Penry in 2013 his free e-book showed these emails in 2014:
LINK: Uncovering Plume-Gate | Inside the World's Largest, Provable Cover Up .
Now add 4+ plus years of continual spewing of radiation into the environment and where does that leave us?

" The EPA stopped testing milk on 11/2014 even though milk continued to test positive for I-131. California:
LINK: http://i.imgur.com/IKmoyJO.jpg
I-131 is proof of recent fissioning, so the threat from Fukushima to everyone's health is ongoing.

"Cesium-137 is showing up in air, water and milk
LINK: http://i.imgur.com/aWxwvKm.jpg. "

In a post -

"The plume is here and marine life on the west coast is showing signs of collapse. TEPCO can't find the melted cores and is dumping 400 tons of water into the ground at the ocean daily. Lake Barrett proposed dumping all the tanks into the sea. That's 3 mile island expertise for you. They need to concrete the melted cores, but in doing so risk hydrogen build up that could cause a hydro-nuclear volcanic explosion. So pouring water on it for eternity is the current solution."

In a post -

"The plume is here and marine life on the west coast is showing signs of collapse. TEPCO can't find the melted cores and is dumping 400 tons of water into the ground at the ocean daily. Lake Barrett proposed dumping all the tanks into the sea. That's 3 mile island expertise for you. They need to concrete the melted cores, but in doing so risk hydrogen build up that could cause a hydro-nuclear volcanic explosion. So pouring water on it for eternity is the current solution."
Is this verifiable and proven to be true? As close as these reactors are to the coastline I wonder if the tendency of the melted cores is to "tunnel" towards the ocean following the path of least resistance? Will these go out to sea or is the ocean too shallow there and the cores will eventually go deep into the earth avoiding continuous contamination of the ocean for decades to come???

This is such a sad and disastrous outcome for the Japanese people and the Pacific ocean, and is this really true there is a plume of truly dangerous radiation now contaminating the USA's west coast? How large is this plume and how contaminated is it? This is bizarre and very threatening to sea life if true.

A map of the ocean currents at different depths from where the reactors are located should certainly give clues to where all the radiation plumes are going.

This is such a sad and disastrous outcome for the Japanese people and the Pacific ocean,

While the Japanese are the first victims, expand the effects in a 3 D modeling affecting their geographical neighbors, the atmosphere with it's worldwide currents, the oceanic waters in general because they cover 75% of the planet & are all connected and finally down into the earth itself.

Each & every one of us is affected by this though the effects are going to take time to manifest. By the time they do it will be too late to do anything about it - which it may well be now as they aren't doing anything to contain it successfully. I suspect all the politicos everywhere are too scared of revealing how bad things really are so all they do is the politically correct thing of hiding all the monitoring results as best they can.

Some people talk about 1 possible reason for nondisclosure of UFOs being the collapse of society as we know it. Everyone knows or can be pointed to this actual event. Can you imagine what would happen to society as we know it if the word got out that this nuclear event has screwed us, ALL of us? It will take generations to shake out but the already increased radiational effects can't be undone even if a miracle occurs to end the continuing out of control issues.

Nevil Shute's On the Beach might be prophetic afterall - but it didn't take a war. It just took a more primeval event: a natural disaster hitting manmade technology.

Radioactive contamination of the oceans has many possible sources at this point .....:( What with acidification of the oceans, as well, we've 'screwed the pooch' as the saying goes.

“Cactus Dome” – Global Warming Causing Radioactive Material to Leak into Pacific Ocean from Marshall Islands - July 6, 2015

LINK: “Cactus Dome” – Global Warming Causing Radioactive Material to Leak into Pacific Ocean from Marshall Islands

TEXT: "Half a decade after the Fukishima disaster, yet another radioactive threat is raising its ugly head in the Pacific. It is the result of a dozen years of nuclear tests following the Second World War, now intersecting with rising sea levels due to global climate change.

"You may never have heard of “Cactus Dome,” but chances are you know the name “Bikini.” It lives on in the name of a skimpy, two-piece bathing suit for women, first popularized in the late 1940s. Bikini Atoll, part of the Marshall Islands, was the site of the first nuclear tests after the end of the Second World War. More testing followed; by the time the testing program came to an end in 1958, there was enough radioactive waste to cover a hole the width of three-and-half football fields to a depth of 30 feet.

"It took more than twenty years for the Defense Department to deal with the problem. In 1977, construction began on a gargantuan concrete dome. The project took over three years. Underneath the concrete, there lies tons of plutonium- 239 – a radioactive isotope with a half-life of 24,000 years. That means it will take four times the span of recorded history in order for half of this radioactive poison to decay. It will still be around a thousand centuries in the future.

"Right now, that plutonium-239 is leaking into the ocean. The reason: rising sea levels are eating away at the concrete, causing it to deteriorate.

"Cactus Dome was never intended to be anything but a temporary solution. It was believed that the concrete structure could contain the radioactive material until a “more permanent solution” could be devised. Responsibility for that solution was handed off to the government of the Marshall Islands in a 1983 treaty. Financially, the Marshallese government is in no position to deal with the problem. With a population of 54,000 and a GDP of $190 million – primarily due to U.S. aid – there is virtually no way for the tiny island nation to fund workable solutions.

"Since traditional occupations were destroyed as a result of the nuclear program, Runit Island’s fisheries and large amounts of scrap metal are the only viable ways for locals to make a living. Marshall Islanders are aware of the contamination – but there aren’t many options. At the same time, the U.S. federal government has managed to avoid taking any further responsibility for the plight of the Marshallese people. Instead, an official Department of Energy report from 2013 largely dismisses health and environmental concerns.

"Located halfway between Hawaii and Australia, the Marshall Islands may seem remote. It’s easy for some (particularly those in government) to dismiss Marshallese concerns and decide that as long as it doesn’t affect us, it doesn’t matter. The fact, however, is that it does affect us. Last year, scientists from China and Japan published an article in the journalEnvironmental Science & Technology reporting the discovery of plutonium in the waters of the Zhu-Jiang River estuary and off the southern Chinese coast.

"Sailors from time immemorial have known that, despite geographic labels, all the world’s oceans are connected. The motion of currents can potentially carry anything to almost any coast on the planet – including radioactive waste. It means that the problems facing the people of the Marshall Islandsare our problems – as the ghosts of Bikini Atoll return to haunt us."

43_big.jpg cactus-dome.jpg cactus_dome_main.png
"So that's it then?" he asks me while squatting over the apex of the Cactus Dome. Damir holds a magnifying glass close to his eye as if he trying to penetrate through the thick slab of concrete to see the magical radiation dance and gleam like a grave of fireflies in the dark earth. "So they're just going to try to bottle up their problems and hope that it won't ever explode again?!" And with that last word he suddenly stood up and towered over me, holding the magnifying glass above me as if I were a small ant. "What do you think!" he shrieked at me, "Do you think it's going to hold?" He then turned and started to walk away down the Dome out towards the sea and he mumbled, "Damn them and their need to be so loud on this earth."

a scene from, After the Apocalypse: A Novel about Forgetting
by B. Keeney and A. Tollittook.

grave-of-the-fireflies-5.png

Attachments

• Crater-Runit-02-PColin.jpg
    Crater-Runit-02-PColin.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
What is the final attached photo in the above post showing? Leakage?
The attached photo is an overhead shot of the Cactus Dome and it shows a sibling crater beside it i believe which just adds to the beauty of the insanity of it all. The leakage, while present, is mostly invisible. What lovely graves we make for ourselves.

Lots of good thinking here. Maybe some day the US will admit they went the radioactive route for military reasons - rather than Thorium. Maybe the US is responsible along with their allies like Canada whose Chalk River site offered my father a job after the war and his time in Nuremberg.

Ufology said something which ads to a larger issue than Fukashima.

internationally approved nuclear waste dump site ( wherever that is ).

One such site was built while I lived in Vegas. They built it in Yucca Mountain. After the LA earthquake centered near Lake Arrowhead the foundation of my house had a crack. Yucca Mountain is closer to LA. The whole area has many fault lines, The different kind of earthquake that hit LA more directly and caused more damage due to underground cross currents of energy (I forget the terminology for this kind of earthquake.) was measured at less energy on the Richter Scale. It has less effect on me in Vegas than the above noted one. I was in the house when this one hit and it shook my house a little - Vegas is over 150 miles away.

Having discussed how to get rid of Nuclear waste most of my life, I know there is no easy answer. It was said by some in this thread that containers can be used. Be careful about that if you live near Utah where nerve gas canisters are eroding. I have suggested sending such things by spacecraft into our sun, but how does one get it close enough to combust without disintegrating and polluting a large area of our solar system. Maybe one of you people who talk to the Watchers can get them to help.

The attached photo is an overhead shot of the Cactus Dome and it shows a sibling crater beside it i believe which just adds to the beauty of the insanity of it all. The leakage, while present, is mostly invisible. What lovely graves we make for ourselves.

It looks like a water pool to me, but you say it's a crater? Okay.

It looks like a water pool to me, but you say it's a crater? Okay.
The Lacrosse crater was formed by a fission test and sits beside the cactus crater dome as a functioning water pool so we're both right okay?

Start the calliope music for the Xtra carnivalesque effect.

More Radioactive Waste Heading Our Way
TEXT: "
Published on Sep 23, 2015: Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear joins Thom."

Fukishima's radoiactive plume has made landfall on the West Coast.

There's No Such Thing As A Safe Level of Radiation!

TEXT: "Published on Dec 14, 2016: Thom talks about a recent report of Fukushima-related being discovered off the West Coast of the United States and explains why we should take issue with the claim that it's a safe level."

HELEN CALDICOTT: The Fukushima nuclear meltdown continues unabated
LINK: HELEN CALDICOTT: The Fukushima nuclear meltdown continues unabated
TEXT: Dr Helen Caldicott,, explains recent robot photos taken of Fukushima's Daiichi nuclear reactors: radiation levels have not peaked, but have continued to spill toxic waste into the Pacific Ocean — but it's only now the damage has been photographed.

RECENT reporting of a huge radiation measurement at Unit 2 in the Fukushima Daichi reactor complex does not signify that there is a peak in radiation in the reactor building.

All that it indicates is that, for the first time, the Japanese have been able to measure the intense radiation given off by the molten fuel, as each previous attempt has led to failure because the radiation is so intense the robotic parts were functionally destroyed.

The radiation measurement was 530 sieverts, or 53,000 rems (Roentgen Equivalent for Man). The dose at which half an exposed population would die is 250 to 500 rems, so this is a massive measurement. It is quite likely had the robot been able to penetrate deeper into the inner cavern containing the molten corium, the measurement would have been much greater.

These facts illustrate why it will be almost impossible to “decommission” units 1, 2 and 3 as no human could ever be exposed to such extreme radiation. This fact means that Fukushima Daichi will remain a diabolical blot upon Japan and the world for the rest of time, sitting as it does on active earthquake zones.

What the photos taken by the robot did reveal was that some of the structural supports of Unit 2 have been damaged. It is also true that all four buildings were structurally damaged by the original earthquake some five years ago and by the subsequent hydrogen explosions so, should there be an earthquake greater than seven on the Richter scale, it is very possible that one or more of these structures could collapse, leading to a massive release of radiation as the building fell on the molten core beneath. But units 1, 2 and 3 also contain cooling pools with very radioactive fuel rods — numbering 392 in Unit 1, 615 in Unit 2, and 566 in Unit 3; if an earthquake were to breach a pool, the gamma rays would be so intense that the site would have to be permanently evacuated. The fuel from Unit 4 and its cooling pool has been removed.

But there is more to fear.

Back