• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr. Steven Greer --> Here we go ...

Regulated Disclosure?

filtering/conditioning programs;
His job is not disclosure, it's about slow-released conditioning (breaking the news gently).

They say (who's they? I have no idea) that this has been happening for 60 years. I don't by it. The UFO question is only discussed in the media when it has entertainment value. The general public doesn't read genuine UFO or supernatural items in any science related publications or websites because they are not entertainment sites. Sure sometimes the subject of life somewhere else comes up but never in the context of them visiting us.

But please remember, Greer is a fraud, He makes his living involving other people in his fantasies. If you want an idea of the type of people who are attracted to Greers shill, watch the movie Independence Day and take a look at the people on the tops of the buildings.

(In the voice of Capt Kirk ) Must keep thread alive. Thread so full of win.

I've been catching up on some shows I missed and just got to this one.
I have to say, I don't see what all the fuss is about in this thread. I don't think Gene and/or David came off as being "confrontational" or "hostile" at all. Maybe my world is a little harsher then that of other listeners, but I thought the tone of the show was rather conversational. :)

Trying to nail down Greer on any point seems to be an exercise in futility, as he just rambles on in random directions regardless of the question asked. Personally, I would have have been screaming at him "Just answer the damn question!!"

Anyway, I enjoyed the show as I always do, no matter who the guest is. It's always interesting, entertaining, or sometimes both.

Thanks. Keep it up.

Well the first listen of the paracast and it was a greer interview. Well it's prob my last, really calling what the guy was saying bs coming from, I guess a paranornal podcast is really a bit off. It looks like there are a few good guests on the podcast, but i'm loathed to listen to another one. I would prob buy a greer way out meditaion dvd than a radio clock alarm which your podcast seems to advertise all the time.

Personally,I don't buy the whole "Greer is Beelzebub" theory,which seems to be the consensus (PC) opinion on the Paracast forums...

Like I've said before on different threads;I'm very conflicted in my views on Greer and his group,but I do think he's made some valuable contributions to the field of Ufology.

The Disclosure Project (even with it's flaws) did provide a model for more effective efforts (James Fox/Leslie Kean) which came after it.I fully agree that the weakness in the project comes from Greer's own inability to filter out the less than credible witnesses (Stone,anyone?).

Regardless of wether one supports Greer's "CE-5 Initiative",I do think it's important to try to move from "Retrospective" too "Real Time" UFO research - if at all possible.

I'll go out on a limb here,and say that I DO think it's possible (even probable) that CSETI have had sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects on some of their expiditions.The sightings I give most credence to,are the one's from the early 90's - England(92) and Mexico(93)...
I have not heard anyone of the witnesses to those events say that Greer is lying.

Witnesses in England 1992:Chris Mansell,Maria Ward,Annick Nevejan,Dr.Sandra Small,Dr.Steven Greer.

Witnesses in Mexico 1993:Shari Adamiak,Jeff Baker,Dr.Joseph Burkes,Dr.Barbie Taylor,Dr.Steven Greer.

These accounts can be found in Dr.Richard Haines book "CE-5".Where he,after corresponding with the witnesses,provides analysis of their testimony...

My 2 Cents..;)

Greer also witnessed (filmed?) a UFO in Gulf Breeze. This was after it was pointed out to him. It was behind him. He and his cabal were staring at planes in amazement the whole time. Once the actual UFO was pointed out to them, they ooo-ed and ahhh-ed.

I'm fairly certain that most people can go to a UFO hot spot and film UFOs if they wait long enough. That they claim they vectored in the craft is the disturbing part.

I suppose one could argue that Greer has brought awareness of the UFO situation to the public and so somehow that's a good thing. But then we'd have to say the same for Meier, whose footage Larry King continues to use.

The reason Greer is bad for this "field" besides the...well...you know...LYING AND STEALING YOUR MONEY, is because he does present something official-looking with the disclosure project. He doesn't just want your 800 dollars and frequent flier miles, he wants the world to take him seriously as a studied man of trust whom these military/government people rally behind for disclosure. But, as was mentioned, he doesn't discriminate between a Clifford Stone and a Robert Salas so it's far easier for the lazy media to laugh him away than look into it.

This, incidentally, is the same problem I have with Bassett who allows guys like Greer to share the same stage as guys like Dolan.

Maybe the problem is that there's too many guys?

Edit: Wait, that's not true. Paola Harris wasn't doing ufology any favors either.

Personally,I don't buy the whole "Greer is Beelzebub" theory,which seems to be the consensus (PC) opinion on the Paracast forums...

Like I've said before on different threads;I'm very conflicted in my views on Greer and his group,but I do think he's made some valuable contributions to the field of Ufology.

The Disclosure Project (even with it's flaws) did provide a model for more effective efforts (James Fox/Leslie Kean) which came after it.I fully agree that the weakness in the project comes from Greer's own inability to filter out the less than credible witnesses (Stone,anyone?).

Regardless of wether one supports Greer's "CE-5 Initiative",I do think it's important to try to move from "Retrospective" too "Real Time" UFO research - if at all possible.

I'll go out on a limb here,and say that I DO think it's possible (even probable) that CSETI have had sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects on some of their expiditions.The sightings I give most credence to,are the one's from the early 90's - England(92) and Mexico(93)...
I have not heard anyone of the witnesses to those events say that Greer is lying.

Witnesses in England 1992:Chris Mansell,Maria Ward,Annick Nevejan,Dr.Sandra Small,Dr.Steven Greer.

Witnesses in Mexico 1993:Shari Adamiak,Jeff Baker,Dr.Joseph Burkes,Dr.Barbie Taylor,Dr.Steven Greer.

These accounts can be found in Dr.Richard Haines book "CE-5".Where he,after corresponding with the witnesses,provides analysis of their testimony...

My 2 Cents..;)
The Disclosure project event lost all credibility after it produced people who had suspect characters.......... Clifford stone it does not matter if you believe him or not once you say that there is a number of species that the goverment has now catlogued you have to be able to back up that claim with evidence ........there was dr something, forgotten her name..... she was also a little suspect with no real evidence to back up her claims.......................................................................... Have this people been checked out by independent sources so to verify there identitys and there characters , plus are they friends of Steven greer............ These expeditions were is the film and photographs of this so called events, really guys this guy is a complete fraud dont believe what steven greer tells you he wants your money:exclamation:

Greer also witnessed (filmed?) a UFO in Gulf Breeze. This was after it was pointed out to him. It was behind him. He and his cabal were staring at planes in amazement the whole time. Once the actual UFO was pointed out to them, they ooo-ed and ahhh-ed.

I'm fairly certain that most people can go to a UFO hot spot and film UFOs if they wait long enough. That they claim they vectored in the craft is the disturbing part.

I suppose one could argue that Greer has brought awareness of the UFO situation to the public and so somehow that's a good thing. But then we'd have to say the same for Meier, whose footage Larry King continues to use.

The reason Greer is bad for this "field" besides the...well...you know...LYING AND STEALING YOUR MONEY, is because he does present something official-looking with the disclosure project. He doesn't just want your 800 dollars and frequent flier miles, he wants the world to take him seriously as a studied man of trust whom these military/government people rally behind for disclosure. But, as was mentioned, he doesn't discriminate between a Clifford Stone and a Robert Salas so it's far easier for the lazy media to laugh him away than look into it.

This, incidentally, is the same problem I have with Bassett who allows guys like Greer to share the same stage as guys like Dolan.

Maybe the problem is that there's too many guys?

Edit: Wait, that's not true. Paola Harris wasn't doing ufology any favors either.

I agree with many (most) of your points and I have also,from time to time, been offended by his Gargantuan Ego and hubris.

I still think,though,that he's on to something with the concept of "Close Encounters of the 5th Kind"...

Like you said;
In an area of high ufo activity you wouldn't need the "bells & whistles" of the CE-5 protocoll - all you would need is alot of patience and a high powered lazer pointer...

In fact,that's what they allegedly did in Mexico(93)...

A large amber light was moving on the horizon and one of the participants pointed the lazer at the object - at that moment it started to move in their direction.When it approached them it was revealed to be a huge black triangle...or so the story goes...:rolleyes:

Here's witness Dr.Joseph Burkes version of the event:

www.contactunderground.com/talesofhighstrangeness/1993MexicoEncounter.htm

well I just got an update from Greer 'Orion' project and amazingly they have finally posted a picture of a new energy device called a "Pulsed Motor Generator" that we can look at. (could just be the inside of a toaster though!)

What do you guys think? Personally, I won't believe anything he says or even talks about until it is 100% verified by credible sources (not him!)

http://www.theorionproject.org/en/research_continues.html

talk amongst yourselves......

Our skilled team, Mr. "P" (our mechanical expert), and Mr. "Q" (our electronics control engineer), have rapidly modified the original systems in order to test their theories.

Translation: Colonel Mustard is creating a free energy device in the study with a lead pipe.

Our skilled team, Mr. "P" (our mechanical expert), and Mr. "Q" (our electronics control engineer), have rapidly modified the original systems in order to test their theories.

Translation: Colonel Mustard is creating a free energy device in the study with a lead pipe.

All 8th grade science fair competitors should be shaking in their Crocs.

Notice the 'lightening' bolts that are cut into the side of the metal device-
http://www.theorionproject.org/en/images/misterq_device.jpg

As if to say, "Yes, I may be a geeky inventor, but......... I still know how to party!"

I'm surprised it doesn't have a clothes pin and a playing card attached to the spoke so it goes fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap.

Al I gotta say is 2 greers and 1 cup :eek:

well for me this got my feckles up. I found the guy's interviewing him were a bunch of P***s, why didn't they just say all the stuff they said at the end of the interview when he was off air to him when he was on air. Where i'm from this sought of thing and people are called backstabbing **** heads. I've checked out the guest list on the shows and i'm amazed any one else would go on the show if they are treated like that.

well for me this got my feckles up. I found the guy's interviewing him were a bunch of P***s, why didn't they just say all the stuff they said at the end of the interview when he was off air to him when he was on air. Where i'm from this sought of thing and people are called backstabbing **** heads. I've checked out the guest list on the shows and i'm amazed any one else would go on the show if they are treated like that.
Greer is a long-time filibuster artist, who prevents reasonable discussion because he just drones on with his rehearsed spiel. Listen to his chatter more carefully and you'll see it doesn't make it feasible to have a conversation with him. Our reaction was based on his lack of compelling evidence and the clear deception in which he engages.

I wouldn't listen to the Greer episodes and consider them as standard. Most of the shows are really interesting and informative, but the Greer shows are quite frustrating.

valiens said:
But, as was mentioned, he doesn't discriminate between a Clifford Stone and a Robert Salas so it's far easier for the lazy media to laugh him away than look into it.

This, incidentally, is the same problem I have with Bassett who allows guys like Greer to share the same stage as guys like Dolan."

I couldn't agree more!

He's almost as bad as this guy I heard about - who organized a Conference where Dolan shared the stage with UFO business man Bill "Schmoychel Krustofski" Birnes and Stephen "Occam" Bassett...

But, as was mentioned, he doesn't discriminate between a Clifford Stone and a Robert Salas so it's far easier for the lazy media to laugh him away than look into it.

This, incidentally, is the same problem I have with Bassett who allows guys like Greer to share the same stage as guys like Dolan."

I couldn't agree more!

He's almost as bad as this guy I heard about - who organized a Conference where Dolan shared the stage with UFO business man Bill "Schmoychel Krustofski" Birnes and Stephen "Occam" Bassett...[/quote]

I sure hope you're talking about me. Man, I'm sick of dealing with bastards today, but okay...one more time for the Gipper....

The X-Conference is a self-serious "Please Washington Media Believe Us and Demand Disclosure" conference.

Culture of Contact is not. We're trying to have fun. We're a festival. The YOU MUST BELIEVE!!! message is secondary.

We could get away with having Greer speak if we wanted to. X-Conference cannot.

EDIT: Not that I concede Birnes & Bassett are equal to Greer. Not by a long shot.

Back