• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Dr Greer´s core team leaves him

Sounds good to me - so I guess if no one hears from Dr Greer from this point on, he has taken the pay-off and is in permanent retirement in some exotic locale.
DANG! I wish someone would show up at my house w/ a big samsonite suitcase filled with unmarked $100 bills... Greer claiming being offered $2 billion for his silence, if true, is a huge news story. But, as with much of what he "claims" I don't believe a word of it! Can you spell E-G-O dear doctor?

We presume his followers are leaving in droves, tossing laser pointers and flashlights in their wake. Keep an eye out for bargains on Ebay. ;)

More grist from the Greer mill: Sent to me by someone who saw this at unknowncountry.com

William Describes a Bizarre Horror Show at a UFO Conference
Thursday September 5, 2013

William Henry tells a horrifying story of imprisonment of the audience at the Contact in the Desert Conference August 9--11. He says that David Wilcock came with a bodyguard, and that Steven Greer arrived with a whole group of bodyguards, who proceeded to lock the doors and allow nobody in our out during his presentation. If this happened, it was illegal, and we urge all UFO conference attendees to demand that they not be imprisoned during any performance for any reason. He also reports that Dr. Greer claimed that the US government has offered him two billion dollars to stop his disclosure efforts and his public speaking.
Oh boy. What's next? Greer forcing his audience to drink from the punch bowl, Jim Jone's style?

Chris, have you seen the "dead man's trigger" document? Open it to any random page, and wonder why ANYONE in their right mind would follow these people. The flip side of grandiose egomania is paranoia and paranoia-inducing behavior. It makes one feel very weird just reading it, knowing nothing about the cast of characters (outside of Martin Luther King, President Obama, and a few others). The "exo-politics" stuff is downright creepy, depressing, not fun and not amusing, and so out of line with the sense of wonder and curiosity that got most of us into UFOs and the paranormal in the first place!

The "Sirius" film was enough to drive at least one fun-loving, critically-thinking enthusiast to deep despair within a few minutes! I mean, think about it -- apparently this small group of people have made contact with aliens and have the solutions to all our problems. How could it be real?

I've sat through more hours of, say, the UFO Audio/Video Clearinghouse proprietor, showing aircraft lights with the Flight of the Valkyries playing in the background, than I care to contemplate, and grandiose pomposity is hardly rare in the Field, but "Sirius"? Couldn't watch.

http://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/steve.greer.dead.mans.trigger.pdf

Last edited:
Chris, have you seen the "dead man's trigger" document? Open it to any random page, and wonder why ANYONE in their right mind would follow these people.

http://exopolitics.blogs.com/files/steve.greer.dead.mans.trigger.pdf

Wow, just... wow. That has to be one of the most batshit crazy things I have ever read. Everything from Stan Romanek being the victim of "programmed life forms" (as opposed to just being full of shit) to terrorist insurgents in the Middle East modifying microwave ovens to turn them into scalar weapons (ROFL) to a guy having a PHD in "Death" (where does one go to school to major in Death?) to psychic assassinations and long distance cancer causing weapons to 9/11 conspiracies and every other nutty conspiracy under the sun all tied up in one giant knot and all of it intersecting with Greer and his "Orion Project" which was obviously a massive failure. I suppose he has to blame someone, but I find it very telling that no legal action of any kind was ever initiated against any of these people who supposedly just took his money and skipped off into the sunset. I also see that he's still maintaining that he wrote the "Best Available Evidence" document when, in fact, from what I understand he lifted the document wholesale from another researcher and just slapped his name on it. I find it interesting that he's worried about secret agencies planting cocaine in his car, a little Freudian slip there Dr. Greer, just covering your bases in case you do get caught with some blow? This document just drips with the irrational paranoia typical of someone who abuses cocaine or other stimulant/amphetamine type drugs on a regular basis. Greer has obviously lost his shit in a big way, whether it's drugs or not is pretty much irrelevant at this point, this guy obviously needs some kind of help.

Wow, just... wow. That has to be one of the most batshit crazy things I have ever read ...
So according to this clip, Greer's Dead Man's Trigger is supposed to be serious ...

The problem with the document ( assuming it's real ), and why it's shouldn't be taken seriously is that it's all a bunch of pointless claims. In this situation, for a Dead Man's Trigger to be effective, it would need to show us the plans for a functioning antigravity generator and/or free energy device. But instead it reads like a grade B sci-fi conspiracy plot. If it had been labeled as such he might have been able to shop it to some producer, but instead we're supposed t take this seriously? Surely nobody does. Right?

The other reason it makes no sense it that the basic logic is flawed? If Greer was so sincere about disclosing all this free energy technology to the world, then why not just disclose it rather than creating all this intrigue? After all, disclosing it openly would have the same insulating effect. In fact, it's only by keeping it secret from the rest of us that the conditions that allegedly put him in jeopardy are created. This is so absolutely ridiculous that I don't know how anyone can take it seriously. Once upon a time I figured Greer was just an outside the box thinker who wanted to try a few things with a "why not" attitude. Since then I've found myself increasingly disturbed by what we see in the media about him.

On a related note. Greer isn't the first person I've heard of who used flashlights to try to communicate with aliens. Back when I first started USI, a couple of older fellows from BC said that they knew someone out on Vancouver Island who was doing it and suggested that we setup something similar here in Alberta. That was back around 1990. Does anyone know of people using flashlights prior to then for attempted contact?

we're supposed t take this seriously? Surely nobody does. Right?

On the contrary, I'm sure there are many people out there that do, but I doubt you'll find any here, most of us have been onto Greer's nonsense for a long time. Y'know, I just thought of something that applies here, if you've ever checked out a skeptical website called Thrive Debunked, the guy who writes the articles there makes an excellent point about how these days New Age material and Conspiracy Theory go hand in hand, and Greer is clearly a member of the New Age movement, or at least he was at some point and still holds on to many of their beliefs and ideals.

Anyway, from what I've read, back when the New Age movement first started out, they were so sure that they were onto something that was going to change the world as we know it. They were going to fix everything and we were all going to hold hands and sing Kumbaya while we ascended to the fifth dimension together. Nowadays, it's quite clear that the New Age movement has failed in a most spectacular fashion, they've embraced almost every nonsensical fad and off the wall idea and absolutely none of it has come to any kind of fruition whatsoever, at least none that I can see. So now, instead of saying "hey, maybe we were wrong..." the vast majority of them are left wondering why they failed to change the world, and instead of taking responsibility for their failure, they subscribe to theories of some all knowing, all seeing, shadowy government cabal, perhaps in league with malevolent ET's (I know Greer doesn't buy that one, but many in those circles do) that are actively out there thwarting their interests at every turn and working to keep us poor bastards from "ascending" or uncovering magical free energy technology or whatever. It's a really convenient excuse that plays on their already overwhelming distrust of institutions and governments and allows them to place the blame anywhere but where it actually belongs, which is squarely on their shoulders for buying a load of mystical horseshit in the first place. This may be partly to blame for Greer's paranoid delusions, but I think there's something else at work here as well, whether it be drugs or mental illness, I think time will tell.

Last edited:
As unpopular as this view might be, I thought Steven Greer did a good job with his 2001 press conference. His Disclosure book was the first "UFO" title I bought and had what I thought were/ are some excellent accounts. He claimed to have a few hundred "top secret insider" witnesses. Did they even exist? Edgar Mitchell had the foresight to bail out years ago.

But I can't take Alfred Webre's blog with its bizarre MK Ultra smears on Bassett and Greer as a credible source. Ufology does not need any external enemy to bring it down with characters like these who air all their dirty laundry in public.

As unpopular as this view might be, I thought Steven Greer did a good job with his 2001 press conference. His Disclosure book was the first "UFO" title I bought and had what I thought were/ are some excellent accounts. He claimed to have a few hundred "top secret insider" witnesses. Did they even exist? Edgar Mitchell had the foresight to bail out years ago.

But I can't take Alfred Webre's blog with its bizarre MK Ultra smears on Bassett and Greer as a credible source. Ufology does not need any external enemy to bring it down with characters like these who air all their dirty laundry in public.

Welcome to the forum! You make an excellent point about the ufology community being it's own worst enemy. Between all the in-fighting and ufologists perpetuating the fear of loss of credibility for anyone who talks about UFOs, it's no wonder people are standoffish. I tend to think that a lot of this goes on in a way that is similar to political smear campaigns where one personality has to put another one down in order to make themselves look better, and to exaggerate some otherwise less significant problem so that they can present themselves as the one and only savior and solution. In the end this will get them more popularity votes, which means more ticket, book, and video sales. Or am I just being cynical? I guess I'm not helping any am I ;) ?

…Greer's paranoid delusions, but I think there's something else at work here as well, whether it be drugs or mental illness, I think time will tell. We need only sit back and continue to watch Greer's epic self destruction, and I, for one, hope he takes the contactee 2.0, I mean exopolitics movement with him when he goes.
That's a bit strongly languaged, maybe a possible, "alleged," or "apparent" somewhere is more appropriate? I do agree with your observations and lament for the all those legions of fuzzy-think'in, true-believ'in jello slurpers out there in foo' foe'-land that "want to believe," but are too lazy or ignorant to define their own conclusions based on their own personal research. Jest because you saw it on TPOM, or heard it on TV, or read it on the 'net or heard it on C2C doesn't make it so, etc

So according to this clip, Greer's Dead Man's Trigger is supposed to be serious ...

The problem with the document ( assuming it's real ), and why it's shouldn't be taken seriously is that it's all a bunch of pointless claims. In this situation, for a Dead Man's Trigger to be effective, it would need to show us the plans for a functioning antigravity generator and/or free energy device. But instead it reads like a grade B sci-fi conspiracy plot. If it had been labeled as such he might have been able to shop it to some producer, but instead we're supposed t take this seriously? Surely nobody does. Right?

The other reason it makes no sense it that the basic logic is flawed? If Greer was so sincere about disclosing all this free energy technology to the world, then why not just disclose it rather than creating all this intrigue? After all, disclosing it openly would have the same insulating effect. In fact, it's only by keeping it secret from the rest of us that the conditions that allegedly put him in jeopardy are created. This is so absolutely ridiculous that I don't know how anyone can take it seriously. Once upon a time I figured Greer was just an outside the box thinker who wanted to try a few things with a "why not" attitude. Since then I've found myself increasingly disturbed by what we see in the media about him.

On a related note. Greer isn't the first person I've heard of who used flashlights to try to communicate with aliens. Back when I first started USI, a couple of older fellows from BC said that they knew someone out on Vancouver Island who was doing it and suggested that we setup something similar here in Alberta. That was back around 1990. Does anyone know of people using flashlights prior to then for attempted contact?

From Flying Saucers by Richard Tambling (Horwitz pblications 1978)pg 76

On march 25th 1966 at 9pm Winnie Mossop and i watched 3 UFO's, Winnie playfully flashed a torch in S.O.S signals and the biggest UFO replied the two smaller ones to the right went off, but we continued to play with the largest one for an hour or so.

Cant vouch for the veracity of the report or witness obviously, but it is an example of allegedly flashlights/torch's being used and responded to dating back a ways

Last edited by a moderator:
September 9, 2013

To Ignorant Fool,

Welcome to this UFO forum. Go to google and punch in the search field, "Shutting Up UFO Debunkers" and read the entire post. When you are done reading my posting, you will have a good idea about HOW UFO research SHOULD be done. Again welcome to Paracast. I'm also convinced that Greer IS a cult leader and not reputable. Stay as far away from Greer and other cultists as much as possible to protect yourself.

Steve Zalewski,
Syracuse, NY

Last edited:
Back