• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

DISCLOSURE :place your bets

I read in internet this announce: UFOWATCHDOG, ABOVETOPSECRET, & UFOCASEBOOK are 3 of the top sites utilized by intelligence to sponsor disinformation campaigns against any one or any claim with concrete physical proof to support an encounter from another world species or another dimension. dont be a fool, and dont be fooled. it seems to be real 4 me have a good day brainwashers)

Lance, good job! See the reputation you bring onto the Paracast ? :cool:

I read in internet this announce: UFOWATCHDOG, ABOVETOPSECRET, & UFOCASEBOOK are 3 of the top sites utilized by intelligence to sponsor disinformation campaigns against any one or any claim with concrete physical proof to support an encounter from another world species or another dimension. dont be a fool, and dont be fooled. it seems to be real 4 me have a good day brainwashers)
I was wondering where he could have read that...

Incompatible Browser | Facebook
Open Minds Forum - Dr Jonathan Reed Alien Encounter 2008 Update.
And other places...

It seems to be connected to a DR JONATHAN REED. Never heard of him, I'm not in the USA nor Canada so I don't know of all the creatures that lurks in the paranormal jungles on your side of the planet.

It seems to be connected to a DR JONATHAN REED. Never heard of him, I'm not in the USA nor Canada so I don't know of all the creatures that lurks in the paranormal jungles on your side of the planet.

Oh dear god, NO.

Trust me, you don't WANT to know anything about "Dr" Reed and his ridiculous papier-machier alien wrapped in tinfoil. I can't believe there's a portion of my brain wasted on this jackass, I'd give anything to have those synapses back...

This made me laugh. In fact, I'm still giggling.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

... I'd give anything to have those synapses back...

I feel that way every time I wake with a hangover.

Yes. Agree. During my time in AFOSI, I came to the conclusion that such information would indeed be put into the custody of private corporations because it then becomes proprietary and thus is never subject to public disclosure, providing the USG with culpable deniability on whether it's hiding such info.

That seems reasonable. Wouldn't it also be likely that some sort of 'control' structure attached to the government/military would have to be in place? It doesn't seem to do any good for the government/military to hide the information from the public if they make it inaccessible to themselves as well.

I'm sure that because you read it on the internet it has to be for real. And are you saying we're brain-washed, or that we are part of the brain-washers? Strange post.

There is also the school of thought that says no real disclosure will ever be forthcoming because the controlling agency behind the phenomena has long since infiltrated and placed under its influence any real threat to its exposure.

I think its more likely that the information is compartmentalized and privatized to such a degree that any real "disclosure" of anything of any practical significance is almost impossible.

Bingo - possibly the most succinct and literate summing-up of the situation in a thread generally characterised by intelligence and insight.

That seems reasonable. Wouldn't it also be likely that some sort of 'control' structure attached to the government/military would have to be in place? It doesn't seem to do any good for the government/military to hide the information from the public if they make it inaccessible to themselves as well.

I think this is the chief problem with compartmentalization of information. For instance, when the CIA's clandestine support staff in the TSD (Technical Services Divison) were asked to create a piece of spy gear in the early years of the agency, there were not given mission specifics. Instead, they where given a rough specification from a field officer that was not technically inclined. Conversely, the technician had little or no concept of how tradecraft was employed in the field. Operational security demanded that these and other measures be taken as to limit the threat of discovery. Unfortunately, the direct impact of these OpSec requirements translated into a very high technical failure rate in critical areas such as design, concealment, deployment procedures, and operational flexibility.

Thus, the CIA leadership, being privy to all aspects of the covert operations themselves, decided to deploy technicians to the field to operate in a support capacity. The idea was that this would improve the intelligence take by allowing the techs to build mission specific applications. Though they were often not privy to the the outcomes or reasons for the parts they played they were, by necessity, given a much broader visibility into the operational goals. They went from something like 70% failure rate to an over 98% success rate. All this by allowing field engineers or tech savvy operatives to build devices themselves or communicate mission specific requirements to scientists, engineers, and lab technicians back in Langley. That success rate came at the cost of decreased operational security and compartmentalization of information. But, it showed what greater visibility can accomplish.

If we postulate that the collective government agencies and/or select corporations do indeed have information or technology from craft from wherever I think you have conclude that lessons learned in other situations, like my story above, would validate the necessity of a sort of governing body. I thikn you can also conclude that while they may not have granular level understanding they would be privy to most details in order to make determinations for policies and procedures, set research and development goals, and do other project management tasks.

Oh dear god, NO.

Trust me, you don't WANT to know anything about "Dr" Reed and his ridiculous papier-machier alien wrapped in tinfoil. I can't believe there's a portion of my brain wasted on this jackass, I'd give anything to have those synapses back...

I saw the episode of "Fact or Faked" and they basically called him out and made him look like a douchbag. Awsome!

I saw the episode of "Fact or Faked" and they basically called him out and made him look like a douchbag. Awsome!

You have to wonder what Reed/Rutter thought would happen. I guess he has enough folks believing him that he thought he could B.S. those guys. For a real hoot look up "Reed demonstrates alien technology" on youTube.

You have to wonder what Reed/Rutter thought would happen. I guess he has enough folks believing him that he thought he could B.S. those guys. For a real hoot look up "Reed demonstrates alien technology" on youTube.

Man, Rutter's running on an IQ close to his waistband. He's cunning and conniving, but only in the way Homer Simpson is. He stumbles from one comedy pratfall to another without the intelligence or self-awareness to realise he's way down the IQ bell-curve from the people he tries to con. There's an old Simpson's show where a bunch of them get stuck in a hole and Homer says, "We'll dig our way out!"

The YT video is a cringeworthy trainwreck of a man losing his dignity and not even having the sense to know why. :D

The nature of released files, as well as the released FBI files

This does assume that there is a monolithic government agency with all those files, perhaps even reflecting a monolithic government opinion about what's going on. But as any one knows, the federal government and all it's various branches are perhaps as fragmented as the ufological community, and perhaps with as widely divergent a number of opinions as to what is going on.

Also the opinion of what is going on with UFOs, as refected in various Estimates of the Situation, is undergoing ongoing evolution as well. This much can be discerned from what documents are currently available, especially evident in the late '40s and '50s.

This also presupposes that all relevant documents are available. Ruppelt, in the late '50s, tells of his attempt to go back over the Mantell files and discovery that portions of the microfilm were no longer readable even then. Anyone who has ever had the misfortune to try to use microfilm realizes it's downside as an archival material, even though it was the wave of the future for way too many years.

For a view of just how difficult it can be to deal with microfilmed materials, as well to get an idea of the variety of opinions and volume of documents out there, try looking at the UFO files released by the FBI to ameliorate the ever growing number of FOIA requests they were inundated with. They can be found on an official FBI website, here.

And who knows how many files are out there that were generated simply for the purpose of disinformation, a la Bennewitz and the MJ12/Aquarius files, to say nothing of files that can perhaps legitimately be classified due to national security matters, whatever that means.

Cthonic Charlie, the Cataloging Curmudgeon

The nature of released files, as well as the released FBI files

This does assume that there is a monolithic government agency with all those files, perhaps even reflecting a monolithic government opinion about what's going on. But as any one knows, the federal government and all it's various branches are perhaps as fragmented as the ufological community, and perhaps with as widely divergent a number of opinions as to what is going on.

You also have to factor in that personnel within these agencies change over time and therefore opinion and enactment of policy changes along with that. If Redfern's Final Events is any indication, there can be wildly irrational and radical views held by certain groups based on their personal religious beliefs. Certainly the political viewpoints and world views of the people in those agencies have an impact on how the UFO problem is managed over time. There may be some overarching UFO Doctrine that governs how various agencies and branches of the military view and manage information about UFOs. It seems like there would be some attempt at that. But even that seems like it would be subject to personnel changes.

Disclosure is a pipe dream man

It's a religious movement. You have to have some "faith" that the government has something to actually disclose, that they would be truthful if they did, and that they actually know the truth themselves. The people promoting Disclosure have already decided what the government knows but aren't telling. Does that make any sense whatsoever?

There seems to be a lot of comment concerning disclosure that deals with the who, when and how of this topic, but can anyone please tell me, WHY? Why would a government, any government, suddenly come clean about something that they (if it is true that they hold alien information or technology or both) have been lying about for over 50 years? What possible benefit would there be in disclosing this information?

There seems to be a lot of comment concerning disclosure that deals with the who, when and how of this topic, but can anyone please tell me, WHY? Why would a government, any government, suddenly come clean about something that they (if it is true that they hold alien information or technology or both) have been lying about for over 50 years? What possible benefit would there be in disclosing this information?

In my opinion, there is NO WAY they would.....unless forced to do so, say by Wikileaks or (I hate this term) by landing on the whitehouse lawn. But, I dont belive it will ever happen tho I would love it to happen. I think the good, honest researchers who have spent a lifetime trying to figure out what is going on deserve to get an answer for all the hard work they have done. Just as I write this Assange is free on bail.

Regarding USG access to data they may have handed over to a private custodial concern, I assumed it went without saying that of course the USG would still have access to it... :)

Back