• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

DeLonge's "disclosure"

I do not know Tom DeLonge. But I can theorize about him (this omniscience is a gift of age. LOL) He is accustomed to having a lot of fame and adoration from fans. He is also still at the age that still thinks that he is innately special in comparison to the other 7 billion on the planet. We've all been there, some children, some as teenagers and others even in middle age. Most of us grow out of this sense of natural entitlement and ego. Anyway, you put all his external pop music star fame together with the natural hubris of a young ego, and you get Tom. He, without guile, seems to actually believe that all the "old codgers" before him didn't get "the truth" (copywrite pending) because they weren't cool and simply didn't ask the right people. His natural sense of importance allows him to believe that HE is the chosen one (how often has history shown us that self-defined "chosen ones" do not end well). Relatively new to ufology, he deems to give us revelations that we have known for decades, like a teenage boy telling his folks "Did you know about this thing called sex? It's great". He is being played and does not know it. But he is no total fool. He wants to turn his ufo revelations (eye roll) into a business, the basic All American Boy success story..."And I owe it all to the government agents that trust me with the truth". At least he isn't Corey Goode.............yet.

· Reply · 1 hr · Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not know Tom DeLonge. But I can theorize about him (this omniscience is a gift of age. LOL) He is accustomed to having a lot of fame and adoration from fans. He is also still at the age that still thinks that he is innately special in comparison to the other 7 billion on the planet. We've all been there, some children, some as teenagers and others even in middle age. Most of us grow out of this sense of natural entitlement and ego. Anyway, you put all his external pop music star fame together with the natural hubris of a young ego, and you get Tom. He, without guile, seems to actually believe that all the "old codgers" before him didn't get "the truth" (copywrite pending) because they weren't cool and simply didn't ask the right people. His natural sense of importance allows him to believe that HE is the chosen one (how often has history shown us that self-defined "chosen ones" do not end well). Relatively new to ufology, he deems to give us revelations that we have known for decades, like a teenage boy telling his folks "Did you know about this thing called sex? It's great". He is being played and does not know it. But he is no total fool. He wants to turn his ufo revelations (eye roll) into a business, the basic All American Boy success story..."And I owe it all to the government agents that trust me with the truth". At least he isn't Corey Goode.............yet.

· Reply · 1 hr · Edited

Well. DeLonge does say he's been interested in and studied the phenomenon for longer than he's been a public figure, so he may be entirely sincere about the project. What will come of it is another matter. First it needs to grow legs and walk on it's own. Then it needs to grow wings and fly. It's not likely that it will make it that far, but stranger things have happened, and I've seen worse ideas, so without knowing more, it's hard to say more. I give it a nod in principle, but the implementation so far has been rather ill conceived.

"Money talks, bullshit walks." Or in this case "Evidence talks, bullshit walks." Someone who has done/shown/proved nothing with regards to UFO phenomena, advanced alien technology, or the government's knowledge and cover-up of said phenomena and technology, get's absolutely no "benefit of the doubt" in my book. A bit of a Shakespeare quote comes to mind, DeLonge is "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." Until I'm proven sufficiently wrong, I'm sticking with my deep skepticism and interpretation of the recent "TSA" announcement as complete and total "bullshit" and the new current standard of UFO flim-flammery.

...He, without guile, seems to actually believe that all the "old codgers" before him didn't get "the truth" (copywrite pending) because they weren't cool and simply didn't ask the right people. His natural sense of importance allows him to believe that HE is the chosen one (how often has history shown us that self-defined "chosen ones" do not end well). Relatively new to ufology, he deems to give us revelations that we have known for decades, like a teenage boy telling his folks "Did you know about this thing called sex? It's great". He is being played and does not know it...

From Delong's acceptance speech after receiving the 2017 UFOCongress "Researcher of the Year" award: "I've spent 20 years, up all night reading about Roswell, Dulce, Serpo, Churchill, crashes here, Nazis building craft there, Antartica and what's on Mars and what's on the back of the moon—structures and anomalous this and that... I've done it all, I know it all. I read all the same authors as you guys, hundreds of books. I look at all the same sites, I listen to all the Coast to Coast stuff that you guys do..."

That's GREAT! He knows it all! We can rest easy folks now that Mr. Rock Star is here, taking charge for all of us mere mortals who don't know it all! Talk about a neophyte that doesn't have a clue that he has no clue and wouldn't recognize hubris if he got some smeared on his shoe. Unbelievable! It's also highly intriguing that the PTB have selected him to lead us into the future of continued soft disclosure. I wonder how much these establishment guys are getting paid and who's footing the bill. Hmmm

From Delong's acceptance speech after receiving the 2017 UFOCongress "Researcher of the Year" award: "I've spent 20 years, up all night reading about Roswell, Dulce, Serpo, Churchill, crashes here, Nazis building craft there, Antartica and what's on Mars and what's on the back of the moon—structures and anomalous this and that... I've done it all, I know it all. I read all the same authors as you guys, hundreds of books. I look at all the same sites, I listen to all the Coast to Coast stuff that you guys do..."

That's GREAT! He knows it all! We can rest easy folks now that Mr. Rock Star here, taking charge for all of us mere mortals who don't know it all! Talk about a neophyte that doesn't have a clue that he has no clue and wouldn't recognize hubris —even if he got some smeared on his shoe. Unbelievable!

People get the ufology they deserve.

Meanwhile, unlike DeLonge (and some people in these forums), I'm happy to admit I don't have all the answers.

...I wonder how much these establishment guys are getting paid and who's footing the bill. Hmmm
Thanks to Tom’s creative “Public Ownership” angle, all of the “true believers” (aka suckers) who trip over themselves to buy a mandated
minimum of $200 of shares in the “public benefit corporation” will be lining DeLonge’s pocket to the tune of a minimum of $100K per year. Unclear what the former gov’t stooges participating in this outrageous scam are pulling down per year but I’m sure it will leak out eventually.

That's GREAT! He knows it all! We can rest easy folks now that Mr. Rock Star is here, taking charge for all of us mere mortals who don't know it all! Talk about a neophyte that doesn't have a clue that he has no clue and wouldn't recognize hubris if he got some smeared on his shoe. Unbelievable! It's also highly intriguing that the PTB have selected him to lead us into the future of continued soft disclosure. I wonder how much these establishment guys are getting paid and who's footing the bill. Hmmm
So you don't think it's possible he's just another musician with a genuine interest in UFOs who wants to try to do something to make a difference ( even if his plan seems somewhat ill conceived ) ?

And make a few dollars?
There's nothing wrong with making dollars to support UFO research, especially if it's self-sustaining. Hypothetically an entertainment wing might be able to do that. I don't have a problem with that either in principle. My concern is how accountable, genuine, and constructive the effort turns out to be. It seems too early to condemn it as a scam or pure exploitation. That's one of the reasons I suggested trying to get Mellon on as a guest.

So you don't think it's possible he's just another musician with a genuine interest in UFOs who wants to try to do something to make a difference ( even if his plan seems somewhat ill conceived ) ?
If he were actually trying to make a difference, he'd be focused on the release of data he says he's been told.

He isn't doing that. He's spinning up a company instead, and asking for money.

Randall, you tell me what you'd do if you had the kind of access to information that he says he has. I bet we'd see a bunch of stuff up on your website right away...

If he were actually trying to make a difference, he'd be focused on the release of data he says he's been told. He isn't doing that. He's spinning up a company instead, and asking for money.
I think I might have missed something because I never got the impression that he actually has any government insider information, only that he's working with some x-gov people and he thinks it exists, and that he and his team are making an attempt to gain access to it.
Randall, you tell me what you'd do if you had the kind of access to information that he says he has. I bet we'd see a bunch of stuff up on your website right away...
Absolutely. The whole point of the USI website is to make quality UFO information feely available to everyone, and there isn't much I couldn't host-up in an afternoon if I had it in my possession. I wouldn't hold any evidence back for any amount of money. I believe the subject is of importance to humanity in general and that our species deserves to know the answers about alien visitation. However that doesn't mean I might not also write a book, or consider movie rights, or ask to be paid for speaking engagements. In other words everyone has expenses and earning money isn't inherently bad provided that it's done ethically.

Last edited:
If he were actually trying to make a difference, he'd be focused on the release of data he says he's been told.

He isn't doing that. He's spinning up a company instead, and asking for money.

Bingo. That's always been the mantra in ufology with these guys - they say they have the proof that will change the world... but they'll only release it after they can monetize it.

That's different than a film producer, or whomever, getting paid to make a film, or whatever, wherein the subject is discussed. These guys want us to believe they have game-changing stuff. If they won't release that immediately, they're as bad, and perhaps even worse, than any government that they claim is hiding data.

Bingo. That's always been the mantra in ufology with these guys - they say they have the proof that will change the world... but they'll only release it after they can monetize it.
So supposing you obtained some serious evidence, you wouldn't try to monetize it before releasing it ? Just curious. Also, like I was saying to @marduk, I must have missed where DeLonge made the claim that he actually has insider information in his possession. You wouldn't happen to have a link to that would you? If not, no worries, I'll Google it later.

I think I might have missed something because I never got the impression that he actually has any government insider information, only that he's working with some x-gov people and he thinks it exists, and that he and his team are making an attempt to gain access to it.

Several times during this whole thing he claims to have been given insider knowledge.

Absolutely. The whole point of the USI website is to make quality UFO information feely available to everyone, and there isn't much I couldn't host-up in an afternoon if I had it in my possession. I wouldn't hold any evidence back for any amount of money. I believe the subject is of importance to humanity in general and that our species deserves to know the answers about alien visitation. However that doesn't mean I might not also write a book, or consider movie rights, or ask to be paid for speaking engagements. In other words everyone has expenses and earning money isn't inherently bad provided that it's done ethically.

Yup.

So supposing you obtained some serious evidence, you wouldn't try to monetize it before releasing it ? Just curious. Also, like I was saying to @marduk, I must have missed where DeLonge made the claim that he actually has insider information in his possession. You wouldn't happen to have a link to that would you? If not, no worries, I'll Google it later.
Look at that toque picture I posted earlier. He claims to have insider knowledge/data that proves the whole thing.
more:
We will invite you behind the scenes as we bring out (for the first time in history) US Gov Declassified Videos of UFOs, and Documents that have never-before been seen by the world. Videos captured on the most advanced Military technology in the world. Physical evidence that everyone has been waiting for.
Tom DeLonge launches UFO research company 'To The Stars Academy'

and:
He promised: “Not blurry amateur photos – but real data and real videos.”
Alien BREAKTHROUGH: Rock star vows to reveal ‘clear’ UFO footage and build REAL spaceship

There's lots more.

Look at that toque picture I posted earlier. He claims to have insider knowledge/data that proves the whole thing.more: Tom DeLonge launches UFO research company 'To The Stars Academy' and: Alien BREAKTHROUGH: Rock star vows to reveal ‘clear’ UFO footage and build REAL spaceship There's lots more.

OK, but what I see there are statements like, "We aim to bring ...", and "DeLong vows to bring ...". These aren't claims that he actually has the evidence in his possession, only that he believes the evidence is out there and it is his and his team's aim to bring it to us via a reality TV show.

If that can actually be done in a way that isn't exploitative and helps to fund further UFO research, I'm fine with that. The problem of course is that the likelihood of that actually happening, based on past attempts, is virtually zero, or more like a negative number, and in the meantime, where's the money going?

Several times during this whole thing he claims to have been given insider knowledge.
OK. Where? I haven't seen the actual quotes. I'd like to review the content and context.

Back