• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Crystal Skulls - May 3oth 2011

Sorry lance. I had mean't to add your quote to my post. I ended up duplicating, so i deleted the first post.

Well, if he truly senses something from the skull perhaps he possibly could have someone bring the skull near him but not in sight in a series of timed trials. Perhaps simply behind his back?
Except if what he senses, or information gleaned, is from touching it.

The actual protocol could be set up more precisely to everyone's agreement.
Sure. Just ask Chris if he is willing. Can you provide a crystal skull, or one of the skulls in question, for use in this trial?
I'm not sure as to the method Chris employs for sensing energies. Is it akin to psychometry, which would employ the use of touch, or can he sense the energies via some other means?

Again it all depends on Christopher and what he is actually making reference to when he says he feels energies from skulls or certain skulls. Is he familiar with or indeed somewhat proficient in psychometry? If he is agreeable an alternative is available. If he is it would be easier if you sent him an object that you had contact with (preferably constant contact) and he could PM you the results.

As i said this all depends on what Christopher means when he says he feels energies from the skulls. Has he handled one? Has he handled one of the well reported ones like the Mitchell/Hedges skull or others that are reputed to have certain properties? Does he get feelings just when seeing them or when they are mentioned?
As he doesn't seem to have responded to any of these questions, it's hard to determine what you are supposed to be testing him for in the first place Lance.
What i was referring to was psychometry. If he has handled a skull and sensed energies from it this could be construed as psychometry. If it is psychometry you wish to examine, you don't need a crystal skull, glass, fake or otherwise for that.

First to be honest I haven't listened to the show. Crystal Skulls just don't interest me. But, the one thing I have to say on subject of tests and other things. If I honestly feel (as I have in the past) that somebody I know is in trouble and I call them how do you measure that? It has happened enough for "me" to understand that it is a real expereince. However, I can't do it on demand and I can't pick lottery numbers (I've tried.) :) But, here is my thing. If I come to you and I say "I can tell you what is going to happened on 5th avenue in New York City at 2:00 PM today." Well, you can measure that! If I say I have sceintific proof that my essence can leave my body and tell you what you had for breakfast on Tuesday the fifth." You can measure that and in all fairness it should be measured. But, everytime somebody says "I feel funky" or "I don't like driving through that area cause it gives me the willies." You become a bore and a bully and a little bit silly if you continually ask them to prove it. Now, it doens't sound like Chris said (but I admit I have not listened to the show) But, it doesn't sound like he said "I have scientific proof" Or I can read the future or the Pleadians are sending me waves of love from the space brothers! It sounds like he simply said "I can feel energy" or something like that. Either take it and move on. Throw it away cause you don't believe it. PM him nicely and ask him if he would care to elaborate. Otherwise, I don't blame him for not getting drawn into another "he said, she said, blah, blah, blah, mess"

First to be honest I haven't listened to the show. Crystal Skulls just don't interest me. But, the one thing I have to say on subject of tests and other things. If I honestly feel (as I have in the past) that somebody I know is in trouble and I call them how do you measure that? It has happened enough for "me" to understand that it is a real expereince. However, I can't do it on demand and I can't pick lottery numbers (I've tried.) :) But, here is my thing. If I come to you and I say "I can tell you what is going to happened on 5th avenue in New York City at 2:00 PM today." Well, you can measure that! If I say I have sceintific proof that my essence can leave my body and tell you what you had for breakfast on Tuesday the fifth." You can measure that and in all fairness it should be measured. But, everytime somebody says "I feel funky" or "I don't like driving through that area cause it gives me the willies." You become a bore and a bully and a little bit silly if you continually ask them to prove it. Now, it doens't sound like Chris said (but I admit I have not listened to the show) But, it doesn't sound like he said "I have scientific proof" Or I can read the future or the Pleadians are sending me waves of love from the space brothers! It sounds like he simply said "I can feel energy" or something like that. Either take it and move on. Throw it away cause you don't believe it. PM him nicely and ask him if he would care to elaborate. Otherwise, I don't blame him for not getting drawn into another "he said, she said, blah, blah, blah, mess"

I know you're going to think I'm being a party pooper, but what you've described is text book confirmation bias. You remember the hits and forget the misses. I'm not telling you what to think about what you've experienced, but confirmation bias is an excellent, satisfactory explanation. You can chose to look at it from a different point of view if you wish.

For every dream and thought that has come true, think of all the ones that have not.

I know you're going to think I'm being a party pooper, but what you've described is text book confirmation bias. You remember the hits and forget the misses. I'm not telling you what to think about what you've experienced, but confirmation bias is an excellent, satisfactory explanation. You can chose to look at it from a different point of view if you wish. For every dream and thought that has come true, think of all the ones that have not.

No Angel I'm not suprised at all. I am familar with the "explanation" since it's used quite often by certain "ahem" groups to explain away those pesky human experiences. Acutally, I didn't give you enough "data" to make any kind of "scientific" evalualtion of anything I said. However, those of "us" in the so called "soft sciences" understand a little more about collecting stats and statistical signifcence so I don''t hold it against you. Although, the very (again with the little information I gave) but again, although the explanation you give might just as well fit "your" explanation as mine. :)

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

But to get back to the subject the first post I made is the reason I don't think Chris owes an explanation for anything he said. Still, as I said I didn't hear it so maybe he did say something that would honestly set a "skeptic off." I mean it don't take much. :p

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Finally guys this is what I find to be so goofy. If I say "I dreamed my sister was going to go to the doctor and the doctor was going to tell her she has a growth in a certain place." then I confirm that with a phone call after the fact. That is not "confirmation bias" No matter if I can do it again or not. It's a hit. If I say "I picked up a sports page and the first letter was an "a." Then later in the day Alabama wins their game and I attribute the sports page to the outcome then that is confirmation bias. See the difference? I knew you could. :)

No Angel I'm not suprised at all. I am familar with the "explanation" since it's used quite often by certain "ahem" groups to explain away those pesky human experiences. Acutally, I didn't give you enough "data" to make any kind of "scientific" evalualtion of anything I said. However, those of "us" in the so called "soft sciences" understand a little more about collecting stats and statistical signifcence so I don''t hold it against you. Although, the very (again with the little information I gave) but again, although the explanation you give might just as well fit "your" explanation as mine. :)

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

But to get back to the subject the first post I made is the reason I don't think Chris owes an explanation for anything he said. Still, as I said I didn't hear it so maybe he did say something that would honestly set a "skeptic off." I mean it don't take much. :p

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Finally guys this is what I find to be so goofy. If I say "I dreamed my sister was going to go to the doctor and the doctor was going to tell her she has a growth in a certain place." then I confirm that with a phone call after the fact. That is not "confirmation bias" No matter if I can do it again or not. It's a hit. If I say "I picked up a sports page and the first letter was an "a." Then later in the day Alabama wins their game and I attribute the sports page to the outcome then that is confirmation bias. See the difference? I knew you could. :)

Don't worry about it Tyder, there's no need to convince me of anything or explain it to me. If what you've experienced means something to you, no one should take it away from you. There's nothing that can prove that what you experienced wasn't a true psychic experience.

Ahhh the pleasure of condesending skepticism. :)
I like you Angel so I'm gonna back out of this one before I become snarky. Real world dealings with difficult people can cause one to get really sensitive on a forum. I'll be back once I get a lunch break and finish up a task or two this morning.

I know you're going to think I'm being a party pooper, but what you've described is text book confirmation bias. You remember the hits and forget the misses. I'm not telling you what to think about what you've experienced, but confirmation bias is an excellent, satisfactory explanation. You can chose to look at it from a different point of view if you wish.

For every dream and thought that has come true, think of all the ones that have not.
Being sensitive to your surroundings to the point that some say it's "psychic" is as natural as taking a pee in the morning. To ignore the hits and remember the misses is, equally, confirmation bias. A person may have one psychic experience in their life and only one, that doesn't mean that it is not psychic ability. You can analyze it any way you want or as much as you want. You can find any number of explanations for the occurrence. Which one of them is right? Will you choose the one that suits your way of thinking? Probably. Everyone of us has psychic ability. It;s not "paranormal" it is "normal". The only ones who think of it as paranormal are usually the ones who don't believe that it exists at all.
Ask any mother if they are sensitive to their child's needs. If they have an inkling that the kids are up to any mischief when their back is turned. Mothers have an uncanny knack of "knowing" whats going on. Some call it a women's intuition. It's being sensitive to the environment. It's normal.
I have spoken to many people in my time as a tarot reader, people who never considered themselves psychic as such. Innumerably they will have a story to tell about a strange psychic like event that may have happened . A dream that came unnervingly true. Yeah sure you can pass it off as mere chance but sometimes these events change peoples lives. It's normal.
I understand where you are coming from Angelo. I really do. If you have never experienced a psychic occurrence, especially an accurate one, it is very, very hard thing to reconcile. Your first instinct when hearing these things is usually to find all of the prosaic and mundane explanations to help explain what is going on. And so you should. That is exactly the path or method you should employ. As a tarot reader my best friend was/is my ability to be sceptical, to analyse what is being presented.To do otherwise is foolish and perilous. But sometimes you run out of the mundane and prosaic and what you are left with baffles and confuses. That is also normal.
I think most people carry on with their day to day life without caring or wondering about the small and often coincidental little psychic occurrences that happen to them. Let's face it we've all get better things to do, right? But when you start taking notice, start recording or writing these things down, often the more the strange and mysterious things and occurrences seem to increase in frequency.
Try it Angelo. When something weird, strange or out of the ordinary happens to yourself, your wife, your children. Any strange, weird or out of the ordinary stories that they may relate to you, write them down. Record them in some way, BEFORE you apply the logic and critical thinking side of yourself to them.
By all means do so AFTER recording them, but do so nonetheless. See how many things happen. Sure you may find that they are all nothing. Mere coincidence and mundane. If so, so be it. But at least you tried.

Ahhh the pleasure of condesending skepticism. :)
I like you Angel so I'm gonna back out of this one before I become snarky. Real world dealings with difficult people can cause one to get really sensitive on a forum. I'll be back once I get a lunch break and finish up a task or two this morning.

Text does not convey tone at all does it? I was NOT at all trying to be condescending! I'm sorry you thought so, but what i wrote above was not meant to be taken the way you seem to have.

Sorry about that.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Being sensitive to your surroundings to the point that some say it's "psychic" is as natural as taking a pee in the morning. To ignore the hits and remember the misses is, equally, confirmation bias. A person may have one psychic experience in their life and only one, that doesn't mean that it is not psychic ability. You can analyze it any way you want or as much as you want. You can find any number of explanations for the occurrence. Which one of them is right? Will you choose the one that suits your way of thinking? Probably. Everyone of us has psychic ability. It;s not "paranormal" it is "normal". The only ones who think of it as paranormal are usually the ones who don't believe that it exists at all.
Ask any mother if they are sensitive to their child's needs. If they have an inkling that the kids are up to any mischief when their back is turned. Mothers have an uncanny knack of "knowing" whats going on. Some call it a women's intuition. It's being sensitive to the environment. It's normal.
I have spoken to many people in my time as a tarot reader, people who never considered themselves psychic as such. Innumerably they will have a story to tell about a strange psychic like event that may have happened . A dream that came unnervingly true. Yeah sure you can pass it off as mere chance but sometimes these events change peoples lives. It's normal.
I understand where you are coming from Angelo. I really do. If you have never experienced a psychic occurrence, especially an accurate one, it is very, very hard thing to reconcile. Your first instinct when hearing these things is usually to find all of the prosaic and mundane explanations to help explain what is going on. And so you should. That is exactly the path or method you should employ. As a tarot reader my best friend was/is my ability to be sceptical, to analyse what is being presented.To do otherwise is foolish and perilous. But sometimes you run out of the mundane and prosaic and what you are left with baffles and confuses. That is also normal.
I think most people carry on with their day to day life without caring or wondering about the small and often coincidental little psychic occurrences that happen to them. Let's face it we've all get better things to do, right? But when you start taking notice, start recording or writing these things down, often the more the strange and mysterious things and occurrences seem to increase in frequency.
Try it Angelo. When something weird, strange or out of the ordinary happens to yourself, your wife, your children. Any strange, weird or out of the ordinary stories that they may relate to you, write them down. Record them in some way, BEFORE you apply the logic and critical thinking side of yourself to them.
By all means do so AFTER recording them, but do so nonetheless. See how many things happen. Sure you may find that they are all nothing. Mere coincidence and mundane. If so, so be it. But at least you tried.

That's the thing Phil - I have had "strange" things happen to me. My question is why do I not think that they are paranormal? I personally think that they can be classified as coincidences, confirmation bias, etc. There's no need to call me close minded or anything, it's just the way I think about these things. It also doesn't mean that I'm a boring stuffy person either.

One example:

Years ago, the Veruca Salt song "Seether" was pretty popular and I was singing it to myself when I turned on the radio. Well guess what, it was playing on the radio and it matched perfectly with what I was singing. Was that some sort of cosmic connection? Nope. I realized that it was 6:10pm and they were playing the number 5 song of the day for the "top 6 at 6" segment. It had been the same song played at the exact same time for the past week. My brain did that. It was a weird process in my brain that made me sing that song. If you want to call it a psychic occurrence, you may. I prefer not to.

There are several more examples I can think of where I guessed what episode of a TV show was going to be on before I knew it would be. I just wonder why my explanations have gone towards science, where others move towards the mystical - that's something that is really interesting.

Oh absatively, If these skulls contain data it would have to be written using advanced technology. We are talking changing the "spin" of individual atoms

I put the chances of that at somewhere around slim and none. A crystal skull is a totem, a talisman, an idol, a fetish, but to superimpose some technological characteristic on them is to ignore the obvious.

I see a parallel between crop circles and crystal skulls. They are man-made art works around which incredible belief systems have evolved due to their anonymous and therefore mysterious nature. Pseudo-scientific researchers and superstitious fans feed off the work of largely anonymous artists. The religious analogies apply equally as well to the crystal skull community as it does to the crop circle community with the crystal skull side of things, at least as represented by Joshua, boarding on an actual religion.

That's the thing Phil - I have had "strange" things happen to me. My question is why do I not think that they are paranormal? I personally think that they can be classified as coincidences, confirmation bias, etc. There's no need to call me close minded or anything, it's just the way I think about these things. It also doesn't mean that I'm a boring stuffy person either.

One example:

Years ago, the Veruca Salt song "Seether" was pretty popular and I was singing it to myself when I turned on the radio. Well guess what, it was playing on the radio and it matched perfectly with what I was singing. Was that some sort of cosmic connection? Nope. I realized that it was 6:10pm and they were playing the number 5 song of the day for the "top 6 at 6" segment. It had been the same song played at the exact same time for the past week. My brain did that. It was a weird process in my brain that made me sing that song. If you want to call it a psychic occurrence, you may. I prefer not to.

There are several more examples I can think of where I guessed what episode of a TV show was going to be on before I knew it would be. I just wonder why my explanations have gone towards science, where others move towards the mystical - that's something that is really interesting.

Yeah that was a good song, I agree. I have no problem with the way you have accepted the explanations for your experiences, none at all.
I would ask you this, though. What was the scientific process that caused your brain to act in that way? What was the trigger for it to make you sing that song? Is there a term for that sort of reaction or occurrence? I am just curious thats all. Was it that you were stimulated by your brain to act or did something stimulate your brain to act?
I think people look for explanations that are acceptable to their way of thinking. Whether it be a scientific explanation or a paranormal explanation. There is nothing wrong with either method. A persons method of reconciling these things are as individual as the experience itself. The important thing is the recognition of the event. That it happened at all.

Yeah that was a good song, I agree. I have no problem with the way you have accepted the explanations for your experiences, none at all.
I would ask you this, though. What was the scientific process that caused your brain to act in that way? What was the trigger for it to make you sing that song? Is there a term for that sort of reaction or occurrence? I am just curious thats all. Was it that you were stimulated by your brain to act or did something stimulate your brain to act?
I think people look for explanations that are acceptable to their way of thinking. Whether it be a scientific explanation or a paranormal explanation. There is nothing wrong with either method. A persons method of reconciling these things are as individual as the experience itself. The important thing is the recognition of the event. That it happened at all.

I don't know what it's called or if it even has a name. It just makes a lot of sense to me.
It is weird though.
There's also the time I made a glass of water levitate, but that was the wind - I'm sure of it.

I don't know what it's called or if it even has a name. It just makes a lot of sense to me.
It is weird though.
There's also the time I made a glass of water levitate, but that was the wind - I'm sure of it.

Lol you make me laugh sometimes:) You say there was a scientific explanation for it, but there is none that you can describe. You could easily say that you were "sensing" the fact that the radio was playing that song because it stimulated something in you that derived pleasure from that song, an emotion if you will. Emotions are one of the easiest things to sense or detect. Ask any wife or mother.
I realise now that it maybe the fact that i am half Canadian for the reason, that despite our differences, i like you:)

Are you sure it was the wind? What were you doing to attempt to make it levitate?

If I honestly feel (as I have in the past) that somebody I know is in trouble and I call them how do you measure that? It has happened enough for "me" to understand that it is a real expereince.

The answer to, "How do you measure that?" is pretty straightforward.
1. Each time you feel that somebody you know is in trouble record it.
2. Contact the person in question and inquire as to their welfare. Record whether you got a hit or a miss.
3. Chart your results over time.
That will give you some small measure of your perception being true or not. It does not however measure the number of times people you knew were in trouble and you did not feel anything. You could make a larger study where you monitor the welfare of a core set of people you know to get some data on that, recording incidents of trouble you did not feel.

It can be measured and tracked it is just depends on the amount of effort you care to put into it. Until such a thing is done however you are subject to a great deal of cognitive bias that could give you an erroneous impression of your hit ratio.

Lol you make me laugh sometimes:) You say there was a scientific explanation for it, but there is none that you can describe. You could easily say that you were "sensing" the fact that the radio was playing that song because it stimulated something in you that derived pleasure from that song, an emotion if you will. Emotions are one of the easiest things to sense or detect. Ask any wife or mother.
I realise now that it maybe the fact that i am half Canadian for the reason, that despite our differences, i like you:)

Are you sure it was the wind? What were you doing to attempt to make it levitate?

I don't know what it's called, but what i can gather from the few psychology classes i have taken in my life, I think my brain associated that song and hearing it at that time for the past few days. It makes sense to me.
Of course I could easily say that I was sensing it and it was some sort of psychic connection. I choose not to. That has never happened since then and it was a coincidence.

The glass was a joke. Poking fun at myself and how I would try to rationalize it.

I don't know what it's called, but what i can gather from the few psychology classes i have taken in my life, I think my brain associated that song and hearing it at that time for the past few days. It makes sense to me.
Of course I could easily say that I was sensing it and it was some sort of psychic connection. I choose not to. That has never happened since then and it was a coincidence.
Lucky i'm not pedantic and demand that you come up with this "scientific" explanation.
How did your brain know the exact timing or synchronizing of your singing the song, word for word in the correct place? A pretty nifty coincidence. But if that's how you wish to reconcile it, then good for you.

The glass was a joke. Poking fun at myself and how I would try to rationalize it.
A joke? Yeah and i used to be a magician. I couldn't pull a rabbit out of a hat but i could pull a hare out of my arse.

I wish I knew the name of it, but I don't. I'd say it was a pretty good coincidence, but knowing that the song would be playing at that time helped.

Other than a coincidence fortified by your knowledge of the song and exposure to the stations schedule I wonder if some deja-vu-like brain delay effect could possibly play into it. Oddly enough I'm reading a book talking about such things, I'll have to see if he mentions a term for it later.

But really now, I think taking it as evidence of strange psychic abilities brought about by your abduction experiences (which you could take as a simultaneous confirmation of your alien abductions) would make the better story. I'm sure an implant of some sort is involved as well that will have to be removed by some terribly painful and embarrassing means.

Back