• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Crystal Skulls - May 3oth 2011

Angel of Ioren

Friendly Skeptic
I have not finished this week's episode, but halfway through it, I must say it's a crazy one. Gene and Chris, I must commend you on your hosting so far this week. You were quite respectful to the guest, despite his new agey-ness.

I knew I was in for something special when he announced he was an Aries, and that had some sort of bearing on anything. Anyway, as much as I think that the guest is completely wrong about everything he spoke of, I'm finding it entertaining.

Anyway, I may post more once the episode is done.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Chris, excellent points on doing a double blind test and how the people he attracts are more open to being "healed" by the skulls.

Wow! Crystal skulls and crop circles!

Think about what the guest was telling us. He was using what could be described as a graven image, an idol. He can call it whatever it wishes to but he speaks to it, it speaks to him, it gives him esoteric knowledge. These crystal skulls are being used as idols in the ancient sense of a graven image. This makes them absolutely repulsive, as if they weren't already.

Joshua's gullibility was pretty astounding. One thing he did say that did make sense about these things is that they, as all talismans, act as a catalyst to human creativity and imagination. I strongly doubt that these things have any real electromagnetic effects surrounding them of any consequence. As a psychological catalyst though I'm sure for some people they are a powerful object of worship and yearning that trigger visions, channeled messages, and all manner of strange psychological states.

A wild and enjoyable show. I think you could only press this fellow only so far before you hit the "I'm not a scientist." wall.

Also, it kills me to hear terms like energy, frequency, and dimension used in absolute non-scientific ways to mean who knows what or in ways misconstrued from bad science fiction.

I haven't heard this show yet. I have always had mixed feelings about the skulls. I think some could be ancient but I think most are modern.

I enjoyed the preamble LOL

But even though i have a reasonable tolerance for the woo woo factor this guest was almost more than i could bear.
I agree with Chris that his creativity is a good thing, but clearly not even the most basic of protocols, is being employed in this "research".
The suggestion that real skulls have been transmuted to crystal is laughable, most of them are not anatomically correct,and solid.
It seems more likely to me someone used a diamond either as scraper or chisel to work the crystal into these forms.
It may have taken a long time, generations of carvers even, but thats the simple answer.
Why do it ? well the skull invokes superstitious awe, as a means of spooking and controlling the masses, they could be very effective.
For example build an alter with a hidden light source (candle or oil lamp) that can be turned off and on by means of a simple shutter, similar in application to the light boxes being sold as accessories for the modern ones, assemble the faithful and at the moment of choice activate the shutter causing the skull to light up.
At this point a temple preist speaks commands from a hidden point, and voila, the ancestors speak.

I couldnt find an obsidian skull, though there is a lazuli one here

http://www.scaryforkids.com/crystal-skulls/

I hope the modern craze doesnt take off though, it would be a shame to ruin examples like these

CrystalCavesRick.jpg

http://www.canyonsworldwide.com/crystals/mainframe3.html

I just don't see how it doesn't occur to him to video tape these happenings to the skulls. As Chris stated it would be a perfect time to help document what he believes to be happening. A great chance to show the non-believers . I just thought that Chris and Gene were very nice and asked the questions that were occurring to me as the interview went along.

I think it's good we have skeptics in the field, they can provide good views and a lot of truth and they can actually correct me sometimes as well lol, looking foward to this episode....

When people say that they have no way of documenting something in 2011, they are full of it. I'm glad Gene kindly pointed that out to him. Again, I want to say that the hosts did an excellent job.
Does anybody else get the good cop, bad cop vibe? That's not to say that Chris wasn't critical enough, I think he was. Gene was definitely playing the bad cop though! A nice bad cop.

Lance it was a open mind experince which closed after the 20 mintues but carried on listen to Gene and Chris which still kept the conversation alive. I rather listen to Richard Hoagland talk about the Moon & Mars or Dr Farrell on NAZI Roswell Case:) Mind you enjoyed the Indian Jones Movies about those skulls::cool:

Sounds like a great show. Can't wait to give it a listen. Any show that gets the debunkers up off their armchairs must be good.:)

It was actually pretty entertaining. Gene and Chris did a pretty good job of debunking the guest in very polite fashion. They asked all the right questions, but didn't press him to the point of frustration. Guests like this are often delicate flowers.
I don't know about anything about skull sensitivity, but I do know that it could easily be tested and proven to be true or false. That it has not been done is telling.

Phil, listen to the show. You'll see that the guest is pretty out there.

Yeah i get that Angelo.:) I don't mind guests who are out there. In fact it's the shows that are "out there" that are usually the most entertaining and garner the most comments on these forums. Aside from the fact that when one of these guests appears, Lance goes into "ChrisObrienAttack-mode which in itself is usually funnier than the guest.

Well, I had a pretty good post all drafted up about the fact that the belief in the "power and energy" of the skulls is just that, a belief system that has no scientific basis nor founding but when I sent to post it I was kicked off the forum and lost the whole thing. The post also went into a comparison of the belief in the skulls' powers with the belief in other religious systems, and how you can't prove nor quantify a religious experience that is personal, emotional, and enlightening.

*sigh* Well, I'll just read all the other posts, I guess.

---------- Post added at 09:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Aside from the fact that when one of these guests appears, Lance goes into "ChrisObrienAttack-mode which in itself is usually funnier than the guest.

LOL! Good one.

Back