• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

COVID-19 News

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me that sounds like bogus news.
Here's the link to the story I quoted: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mont...ry-toxicity-quebec-schools-daycares-1.5966387

If you don't actually read the content, and just assume it's "fake news", how do you know you're not the victim of the fake news? The guy is a PhD epidemiologist with references and links to the stories he cites. If it turns out they're fake, then let's expose that part of it. But let's not just assume it's fake because it doesn't fit the establishment's narrative, or our own preconceptions.

Last edited:
..but for those toxic masks - are you saying malice?

I would not, its just china crap.

Remember the asbestos in houses? That was also not malice, we just know better now.

..but for those toxic masks - are you saying malice?

I would not, its just china crap.

Remember the asbestos in houses? That was also not malice, we just know better now.
Hmm, malice is an interesting point to ponder here. There are two classes of people who favor masks — ones who feel they are personally safer with one than without one, and are simply doing what they believe is right for them and/or their family. That's their business and although I don't always agree with their choice, I respect that it's their choice to make.

Then there are the neurotic germaphobes who think that anyone who doesn't wear a mask is a hazard to society in general and should be forced into wearing masks or at the very least coerced by police who can fine you or detain you if you refuse to comply, and their attitude is very much one of malice. To them the non-maskers are part of the plague, and they rationalize their disdain by thinking that they are "protecting their family".

I may be wrong, but looking at the actual evidence from multiple sources and comparing the reasoning, it appears to me that COVID masking laws for the general public are at the very least a deterioration in our quality of life, and at worst a health hazard on both a physiological and psychological level. Perhaps just as bad is the level of authoritative and political oppression that they represent.

Forgot to mention the third class of maskers, who probably make up the majority, who don't really have much of a reason either way and just do what they're told. They're okay. They make the world go 'round. They're not troublemakers like yours truly.

Last edited:
And here's another troublemaker I resonate with from time to time ... or should I say "troublemakers" ?

And the increase in COVID-19 infections — and deaths — in the U.S. are primarily affecting the unvaccinated:

Even some vaccinated people may get sick — vaccines aren't perfect — but the level of infection is generally much lower.

A rare warning from the U.S. Surgeon General about vaccine misinformation and its consequences:

Some fairly good content in that report ( if you read the actual report ). However it also suffers from some of the same failings as those it accuses others of. Misinformation of the type(s) they describe has been spread by all players in this pandemic, including the government, starting with the fear that the disease was far worse than it actually turned out to be, causing them to shut down economies in lockdowns which have resulted in the loss of hundreds of thousands of businesses, millions of jobs, negatively affected the psychological well-being of hundreds of millions of people, and led to many indirect casualties, that according to some well credentialed experts will continue well after the pandemic is over.

But they conveniently ignore their own mistakes, advising that people pay attention to scientific consensus, when there is no scientific consensus. Literally tens of thousands of highly educated doctors don't agree with the measures that have been taken. This is not "misinformation". It is fact, and whether the information about vaccines is accurate or not is beside the point. If people don't want them, then nobody should be forced or coerced by legislation to be injected with ANYTHING that they don't want in their bodies, regardless of how "good" or "safe" it is for them. If you're in favor of coercion in any way shape or form, there's no coming out on the winning side of that argument. Yet the recommendations definitely don't rule that out as an option.

The suggestion that anyone is being coerced or forced to take a vaccine by the U.S. government is preposterous. Private companies may do what they want. The issue is that there IS scientific consensus on many of these issues.

People who aren't taking the vaccine are being infected; they are infecting others, which is the problem. Innocent people may be infected as a result of something they didn't do.

And the increase in COVID-19 infections — and deaths — in the U.S. are primarily affecting the unvaccinated:

Even some vaccinated people may get sick — vaccines aren't perfect — but the level of infection is generally much lower.
So when they say, "I think that it's time to say to those folks, 'It's fine if you don't choose to get vaccinated, (but) you may not come to work." you're okay with that? Forcing perfectly healthy people to get an injection of a pharmaceutical product they don't want, or face unemployment? Screw that CovidNazi BS.

The suggestion that anyone is being coerced or forced to take a vaccine by the U.S. government is preposterous. Private companies may do what they want. The issue is that there IS scientific consensus on many of these issues.

People who aren't taking the vaccine are being infected; they are infecting others, which is the problem. Innocent people may be infected as a result of something they didn't do.
Although the viral concentrations are assumed to be smaller, vaccinated people can still get infected and transmit COVID to others. However, with so many being vaccinated, the numbers still add-up. Statistically, depending on the ratio of vaccinated to unvaccinated people, vaccinated people can be equally responsible for spreading the disease. Plus they are now the ones who are the "asymptomatic spreaders" because they aren't as likely to get as sick. But nobody considers that angle do they?

On forcing or coercing people to get vaccinated, I applaud Biden's decision not to force Federal employees to get vaccinated before returning to work, but not everyone agrees with his stance, and private companies "doing what they want" is not something to be glossed over. Their little petty dictatorships are too immune already to human rights regulations. Of course that's my non-right-wing anti-lazaize-fare Anti Ayn Randian, pro-individual choice, political sentiment. I suppose others are entitled to their conflicting views as well.

Last edited:
I really love this one:

"Prioritize early detection of misinformation
'super-spreaders' and repeat offenders.
Impose
clear consequences for accounts that repeatedly
violate platform policies."

This is yet another tactic of turning citizen against citizen in the guise of deputizing them in the name of truth, which conveniently seems to be whatever "their truth" happens to be, rather than a fair-minded discussion about the various claims. We're supposed to just do what we're told and not think for ourselves. They're essentially saying: "Ban anyone who doesn't agree with us." More CovidNazi BS

Last edited:
And under "What Governments Can Do"

Convene federal, state, local, territorial, tribal,
private, nonprofit, and research partners to
explore the impact of health misinformation,
identify best practices to prevent and address
it, issue recommendations, and find common
ground on difficult questions, including
appropriate
legal and regulatory measures that
address health misinformation while protecting
user privacy and freedom of expression.

Legal and regulatory measures are mentioned twice in the paper. Unless someone is going around with a megaphone disturbing the peace at 3:00 AM, so far as I'm concerned, people should be free to peacefully express their opinions, even if it's deemed inaccurate by the authorities, and let people weigh that against other people's views, and make-up their own minds about what to do.

Last edited:
People are getting infected and dying of COVID-19 when three different effective vaccines are available in the U.S.. Many are being hoodwinked by fake news online in social networks and such. So how do you combat that and help these people?

You can't force them, but at least try to see that they know the facts before they decide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back