• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will be able to download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! FLASH! For a limited time, you can save up to 40% on your subscription. Long-term susbcribers will receive a free coupon code for the James Fox UFO documentary "The Phenomenon," which includes 3 hours of extras, while supplies last. It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

COVID-19 News

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Sounds like the AstraZeneca issue or another vaccine conspiracy. In the US over 110 million have had at least one dose and there is over six months experience with the trials included. This isn’t a problem for us at least. AstraZeneca isn't approved for use here..

As I write this, it's eight days after we received the second dose of the Moderna vaccine.

In saying that, COVID-19 has caused some of its victims to suffer long-term effects that are being evaluated. Indeed, the vaccines may help alleviate these symptoms with some people.
No conspiracy or even a conspiracy theory in my post. It's based on the science and critical thinking and deserves to be taken seriously.

Mind you the larger story certainly has the potential for some intrigue, and if the potential for problems that I've identified can also be caused by the vaccine, as seems to be the case, then there's the potential for some major corporate and political fallout, and no type of vaccine would be any safer than another. A completely different and more pharmaceutical approach would be required, in which case the "big pharma" conspiracy theorists would be all over that instead of the vaccine.

In the meantime, who can provide a definitive counterpoint to the science and logic used for my concern? I'd like to see that. Until then I don't want any of that vaccine in my system or the lousy virus. I also hope you don't develop any vascular or neurological disorders. The list of the long haul related symptoms include:

Long Haul Symptoms
  • Fever
  • Fatigue
  • Headache
  • Muscle pain
  • Sleep issues
  • Gut problems
  • Body aches
  • Shortness of breath
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Brain fog
  • Loss of smell and taste
  • Shortness of breath
  • Cough
  • Joint pain
  • Chest pain
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Rapid heartbeat
Reported Vaccine Side Effects
  • Fever
  • Fatigue
  • Headache
  • Muscle pain
  • Sleep issues
  • Chills
  • Diarrhoea
  • Gut problems

Last edited:

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member

COVID-19 Vaccine Side Effect Tracker

1. A knot at the site with some headache that lasted 3 days. It feels like a nail has punctured my arm.
  2. Had first Pfizer shot on 3/12/2021 at 1:30pm. Woke at 6 AM next day with blurred vision in right eye.
  3. I have been experiencing muscle twitching and fatigue ever since the vaccine.
  4. On 2nd day, I began experiencing vertigo type symptoms and today the muscle twitching has begun.
  5. Started having muscle twitching about 4 hours after my 2nd Pfizer dose…. still twitching 10 weeks later.
  6. I began to experience fatigue shortly after my eyes started watering
  7. I became very ill. 104 fevers, bones were aching, uncontrollable shaking, lost my vision in my left eye, face selling, head pain as if someone was beating me with a hammer, muscle spasms, face paralysis.
... and over 700 other responses, not all of them bad ( if you're curious )

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Further to my letter to a scientist regarding COVID long hauler's syndrome ( ID currently confidential ) I received the following reply:

"Thanks Randall. Yes, I think an autoimmune reaction is a good possibility (might be more than one). Haven’t seen the grants yet but expect this will be a major focus of PASC."​

I followed up with this:

"Thank you for your reply. According to the literature, the NRP1 receptor isn't the only pathway, but it is one of them, and it is also the pathway used by the mRNA vaccines. See the potential for problems? If the spike protein on the virus is virtually the same as that on a protein critical for neurological and vascular health, how does our immune system know the difference between the virus and NRP1? We could be unwittingly training our bodies to attack ourselves as well as the virus.​

This concern is supported by the scientific workings of the virus, the science behind the vaccines ( mRNA or otherwise ), and physical evidence of Cytokines and T-Cells that appear to be responsible for damage to nerves and blood vessels, along with the resulting symptoms ( side-effects ) being reported for both the disease and the vaccines.
Assuming that this hypothesis holds any water ( and I see no reason why it shouldn't ), then the most reasonable course of treatment to prevent the problem would be some type of drug that can eradicate the virus, but doesn't work on the same principles as the current vaccines, and the course of treatment to fix existing problems would be to dumb the immune system back down to where it was before it learned how to attack NRP1 ( theoretically whether it learned from the virus or a vaccine makes no difference ).

NOTE: I admit that I don't have the depth of scientific training to be certain that my concerns are 100% valid. However, at the same time, I'm pretty good at thinking scientifically and applying critical thinking. If you should also deem this worthy of investigation, use discretion when consulting with peers because it has the potential for enormous political and corporate fallout. It wouldn't be the first time science has lost that battle, even if the health of millions are at stake."​

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Library Closures Due To COVID-19

"The Dutch government has also suggested that the chance of catching the virus from paper surfaces, such as mail, is low, as has the Austrian Federal Institute for Risk Assessment and the guidance provided to Norwegian libraries, which notes that there has been no evidence of contagion through surfaces yet, a point also echoed by the main advisor to Swedish libraries on the subject."

Calgary Libraries are now closed, along with library systems around the world despite no evidence that libraries in Calgary and a number of other countries ave been in any way responsible for the spread of COVID-19. A call today to the Calgary Library Administration resulted in me finding out that there are zero cases ( staff or borrowers ) associated with the library.

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I think it's time to move on. The best thing to do, other than to be careful, is to get vaccinated and prepare to return to your lives.

And figure out how to learn from this experience and do better next time, sans the conspiracy theories.

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
I think it's time to move on. The best thing to do, other than to be careful, is to get vaccinated and prepare to return to your lives.

And figure out how to learn from this experience and do better next time, sans the conspiracy theories.
I'd love to be able to do that, but it's a bit hard to move on when we're still under AEMA measures here and a third wave of COVID with the new variant is bearing down. And again there's no "conspiracy theory" here in my posts, but I could get into how legitimate concerns have been written-off as such. Simply having concerns based on a combination of verifiable evidence and critical thinking isn't a conspiracy theory. The conspiracy theories are the ones with the reptilians behind it all, working in cahoots with the industrial elite to depopulate the planet.

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
The overall problem around the developed world is that countries shut down too much and maybe not quickly enough, and then opened too quickly thus resulting in higher infection rates. The sledgehammer approach overcompensated, and I think it's been shown that more nuanced approaches work best and are less hurtful to the economies. In the U.S. masks and social distancing were made political issues, very much because the previous administration made it that way.

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member

The effects of virus variants on COVID-19 vaccines​

"All viruses – including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 – evolve over time. When a virus replicates or makes copies of itself, it sometimes changes a little bit, which is normal for a virus. These changes are called “mutations”. A virus with one or more new mutations is referred to as a “variant” of the original virus ..."​

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
And the mRNA vaccines are relatively easily modified or programmed to accommodate mutations so one can, say, have a booster shot to reflect those changes if needed.
Initially I was a fan of the mRNA approach, but now I'm much more reserved. I don't like how it hijacks our own cells in a way that's similar to the virus itself, and there's reason to be concerned that it trains our bodies not only to attack the virus, but also a protein that is crucial for nerve and vascular growth. Until that concern has been properly addressed by the experts, I don't want it anywhere near me.

But you are correct about the possibility of modification for other purposes ( including anti-cancer therapies ). More research needs to be done.

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
After 6 months since the first doses were administered in testing, it has been shown to be highly effective and safe.

This is not a new technology, even though the current vaccines are new.

Indeed, the more conventional vaccines are less efficacious and somewhat more prone to side effects it seems.

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
After 6 months since the first doses were administered in testing, it has been shown to be highly effective and safe.
Using the word "safe" is pure propaganda. Simply getting jabbed with a needle poses a risk, let alone injecting anything into your system. At the very least, the truth would be to say "low risk".

Then the question becomes one of relative risks, such as the likelihood of getting infected ( which for me is almost zero ), but even in the event of infection, the symptoms from the disease may not be any worse than those that are virtually guaranteed by the vaccination, plus there's a 5 to 40 percent chance that the vaccine may not be effective, and the chance that in another 6 months, some new long-term side effects could crop up.
This is not a new technology, even though the current vaccines are new.
Regardless of the technology, the above remain factors to consider.
Indeed, the more conventional vaccines are less efficacious and somewhat more prone to side effects it seems.
I prefer to get neither the vaccine nor the disease, and given my chances of becoming infected, versus guaranteed symptoms from the vaccination, plus the unknowns, I'll take my chances without a vaccination. If I catch COVID and die. So what? I've live 62 years on this planet already. If I catch it and don't die, I'll be as immune as anyone with the vaccination.

There's also a high chance that even if I do catch it, I won't even know I have it. And don't be fooled by the misinformation that you can't contract the virus or spread it if you've been vaccinated, because you can. It's just likely that you won't get as sick as otherwise. So all-in-all, given the facts about the disease, I don't see getting vaccinated as critical ( for me ). Other people may have different situations to consider.

Last edited:

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Long and short, you believe that vaccines may be trouble, with unknown or so-far undiscovered side effects, that they aren't completely effective and, after all this, COVID-19 ain't so bad for the vast majority of those infected.

I wouldn't even begin to discuss this.

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Long and short, you believe that vaccines may be trouble, with unknown or so-far undiscovered side effects, that they aren't completely effective and, after all this, COVID-19 ain't so bad for the vast majority of those infected.
Not exactly. When it comes to the situation, the evidence indicates the following:
  • Saying "low risk" is more accurate than saying "safe" when it comes to any approved vaccine ( See attached PDF ).
  • The known side effects have been documented in the papers published by the vaccine makers ( I've read them - have you ? )
  • Side effects reported by those who have received the vaccines are being tracked here: Side Effect Tracker
  • There hasn't been enough time to study longer-term side effects ( if any ), but there is reason to do so.
  • The published efficacy of the vaccines is between 60% and 95% depending on the vaccine and the individual.
  • For between 40% and 90% of infected individuals, the disease is so mild they may not even know they have it.
  • The majority of the rest recover fine within 14 days, and and virtually all of those who don't have other problems that increase their risk.
  • Those vaccinated can still become infected and transmit the virus, they just won't get as sick ( if the vaccine has worked for them ).
  • Getting the vaccine guarantees a minimum amount of cellular damage and inconvenience plus mild to serious side-effects.

• Given the above, those who are at near zero risk of becoming infected have reasonable grounds not to get vaccinated.
  • Given the above, those at high risk of getting infected and/or those with high risk of serious symptoms from the disease should get the vaccine.
  • As always, it should be the right of those who want the vaccine to get it, and the right of those who don't want it to refuse it.
I wouldn't even begin to discuss this.

Remember the discussions we've had lately about truth? That is what this discussion is for ( getting to the truth ). I'm willing to change my views based on evidence that is more accurate than what I've been able to determine so far. Show me where and why what I've said is demonstrably false, or unreasonable, and I'll change my view, but don't put words in my mouth that make my position appear to be glib or unworthy of discussion

Attachments

• VaccinationSafety.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: