• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Contactee Psychology

Hotkafka

Sanity is a default
I thought I'd propose a thread dedicated to exploring the psychological underpinnings of the Contactee phenomenon. I know there's a few members here that may be interested in exploring this subject from a psychological perspective, especially those that may be professionally involved in the mental health community. Having said that, all interested parties are welcome to discuss the theoretical underpinnings of this issue, and equally welcome are those Contactees who may feel open enough to explore this from a psychological perspective.

Okay, apparently I need to lay out a spread of brie and Ding Dongs and maybe provide a clown for dunking to get this thread rolling... Geesh.

Okay, apparently I need to lay out a spread of brie and Ding Dongs and maybe provide a clown for dunking to get this thread rolling... Geesh.
No, just having trouble with this board....It took a while to respond....

Kafka: I think that this is strictly a cultural phenomenon, I know this torques off the true believers, but the lack of evidence and the general nuttiness of this whole thing speaks for itself.

There is a little research into sleep paralysis and some of the subjective experiences of those undergoing this.....I suspect that the Alien Abduction is a default of the psyche, and that this has been going on for a long time, just that in this era, we get aliens, not demons...

Dale

... interested in exploring this subject from a psychological perspective, ...

Contactees seem to fall into at least three categories with a hypothetical third. Here they are in what I think is the order of probability.

1. There are those that know they are perpetrating a hoax.
  2. Those who are suffering from delusions or hallucinations.
  3. Those who are being hoaxed by another party.
  4. Those who are actually in contact with non-human entities.

Adamski would fit into the first category, King into the the second, and so on.

If you'd put out donuts more people would come you know.

"Lascivio ut funky music niveus puer"

Contactees seem to fall into at least three categories with a hypothetical third. Here they are in what I think is the order of probability.

1. There are those that know they are perpetrating a hoax.
  2. Those who are suffering from delusions or hallucinations.
  3. Those who are being hoaxed by another party.
  4. Those who are actually in contact with non-human entities.

Adamski would fit into the first category, King into the the second, and so on.

If you'd put out donuts more people would come you know.

"Lascivio ut funky music niveus puer"

I would put number one at number three. I don't think that most "abductees" are trying to hoax anyone. I think that they truly believe they have been abducted by aliens. Having experienced the phenomena, I know how real it can feel.

I would put number one at number three. I don't think that most "abductees" are trying to hoax anyone. I think that they truly believe they have been abducted by aliens. Having experienced the phenomena, I know how real it can feel.

Hm, I think that most of the so-called contactees are more intelligent then 'we' give them credit for.

90% are hoaxers for sure, at least it seems like it.

I still think that Travis Walton makes a good case.

I would put number one at number three. I don't think that most "abductees" are trying to hoax anyone.

I thought we were talking about Contactees which is something totally different than the Abductee or Experiencer Phenomena. While it might "cross-over" in some cases Contactees traditionally have not claimed to taken against their will and experimented on.

I think that they truly believe they have been abducted by aliens. Having experienced the phenomena, I know how real it can feel.

Wait a minute, wait a minute! Are you saying you have had an abduction experience yourself?

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

I still think that Travis Walton makes a good case.

Technically speaking Travis Walton is an Abductee and not a Contactee. He wasn't given a message to spread and was taken against his will.

Where is the guy with the donuts?

I thought we were talking about Contactees which is something totally different than the Abductee or Experiencer Phenomena. While it might "cross-over" in some cases Contactees traditionally have not claimed to taken against their will and experimented on.

Wait a minute, wait a minute! Are you saying you have had an abduction experience yourself?

Yes, I've mentioned it many times and it's why I'm such an asshole skeptic when it comes to the whole abduction phenomena. It's happened several times in my life, the last few times with my wife right next to me. She didn't see any aliens, but she did see me looking very strange and trying to say something. Classic sleep paralysis. Of course, if I wanted to believe I could say that the aliens were using advanced technology to change the perception of the event!

I was more referring to abductees.
I agree when you adapt that list to contactees. Those guys are hoaxers.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Where is the guy with the donuts?

That was funny dude.

She didn't see any aliens, but she did see me looking very strange and trying to say something. Classic sleep paralysis. Of course, if I wanted to believe I could say that the aliens were using advanced technology to change the perception of the event!

I vaguely remember reading that. Aggggghh, don't make me search for it. So you experienced sleep paralysis then. Was it accompanied by the classic "alien abduction" scenario or did you just lay there and wonder why you couldn't move?

I vaguely remember reading that. Aggggghh, don't make me search for it. So you experience sleep paralysis then. Was it accompanied by the classic "alien abduction" scenario or did you just lie there and wonder why you couldn't move?

I've felt like I levitated. I felt the "presence" in the room. I felt like something was holding me down a few times.
Also, let me tell you, in the dark, a cat TOTALLY looks like the traditional "gray" alien. Very freaky but ultimately harmless. I feel bad for people that think it's an actual event. No matter what I say they will not change their minds and that's fine. They can think what they want to think.

I've felt like I levitated. I felt the "presence" in the room. I felt like something was holding me down a few times.
Also, let me tell you, in the dark, a cat TOTALLY looks like the traditional "gray" alien. Very freaky but ultimately harmless. I feel bad for people that think it's an actual event. No matter what I say they will not change their minds and that's fine. They can think what they want to think.

I channeled the 'Ashtar Command', apparently they dislike this discussion. Tough luck I say.

I am a Ufo Contactee since childhood..After my contacts while I was growing up i developed psychic ability, had many paranormal experiences, strange compulsions on 9/11 before and after that lead me to my husband to bring peace, education and understanding between muslims and non-muslims, I seen many ufo sightings with 1 witness..I also met 4 human like beings in the woods in an elevator moving like state going to Andromeda galaxy . On March 12th, 2009 I became fully awakened experiencing more ufo sightings, receiving more teachings about the Universe, God, Humanity, secret government ( Good and Evil) to bring Peace, Understanding, education, along with freedom, acceptance with love and hope. To lessen the hate, discrimination, propaganda lies, war, conflict, death, destruction of our ownselves and our planet. To improve good communication and acceptance by strengthening our abilities, our true knowledge and using our full potentials of knowing others who are much different from you in many ways and levels: Religion/beliefs, cultural, mentality/intelligent level scales, social..etc of TRUE UNDERSTANDING of knowing who we all are AS ONE ( humanity) who came from one higher source ( Universe of Light) God, Allah, light forces, our lord, aliens...etc I have one witness, some photographs, plane ticket and passport for evidence.
I need to know what is the contactee psychology outlook on this experience...D

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

My contact are non-physical angelic beings from the higher dimenson of Andromeda Galaxy located in the true universe of light...They can communicate with me by image/thought...D

I am a Ufo Contactee since childhood..After my contacts while I was growing up i developed psychic ability, had many paranormal experiences, strange compulsions on 9/11 before and after that lead me to my husband to bring peace, education and understanding between muslims and non-muslims, I seen many ufo sightings with 1 witness..I also met 4 human like beings in the woods in an elevator moving like state going to Andromeda galaxy . On March 12th, 2009 I became fully awakened experiencing more ufo sightings, receiving more teachings about the Universe, God, Humanity, secret government ( Good and Evil) to bring Peace, Understanding, education, along with freedom, acceptance with love and hope. To lessen the hate, discrimination, propaganda lies, war, conflict, death, destruction of our ownselves and our planet. To improve good communication and acceptance by strengthening our abilities, our true knowledge and using our full potentials of knowing others who are much different from you in many ways and levels: Religion/beliefs, cultural, mentality/intelligent level scales, social..etc of TRUE UNDERSTANDING of knowing who we all are AS ONE ( humanity) who came from one higher source ( Universe of Light) God, Allah, light forces, our lord, aliens...etc I have one witness, some photographs, plane ticket and passport for evidence.
I need to know what is the contactee psychology outlook on this experience...D

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

My contact are non-physical angelic beings from the higher dimenson of Andromeda Galaxy located in the true universe of light...They can communicate with me by image/thought...D

Oh boy, here we go.

Oh boy, here we go.

Hey, I done got in truble with this one on another thread. :) Be careful.

alienmondayabduction.jpg

I believe that some Contactees have encountered an Other, but they are liars and tricksters. I have imagined a scenario, that I got from an old original Star Trek show. I wonder if there is some kind of hidden computer that projects 'carrots' out on a 'stick' and 'string', always ahead of us, always just out of reach, for the purpose of making us think and evolve? I won't discount anything! This reality can be odder than fiction sometimes. Lying and tricking is no good, though.

I've had the "sleep paralizes" thing over the years. Have not had it in several years now. I never associated it with abductions myself. Of course when I first had it I didn't know what an alien abduction was. (still don't but I digress.) Anyway, I would "fight" em back then. I would pray and I would grab em around the throat and choke em. they actually felt a little bit like a "reptile" to me. Now was it real? Yes, of course. physically? Hmmmm, I doubt it. But, the fact is it was "real" because in my mind I was experienceing it. I have come to think that maybe (and it's a big maybe.) It's all real. We live and breathe in this physical univererse and we say "that's all that's real" But, I think that our minds are much bigger than our enviroment. I think "we" create. Now, does it have any "objective" reality? I'm not sure. I think it does. I think there is truly mind and matter and both are connected but one isn't more "real" than the other. That's why I (and I won't do that rant here) feel it's all God. When I think or sleep or have sex or fart or meditate or anything else. I'm one of those who think we do this more than once so I guess some folks would caracature me the same way I did the poster this AM. It's just that sometime I hear something and I think hmmm, interesting. Other times my b.s. meter goes off. Sleep Paralizes doens't explain all aspects of abductions (I don't guess) but it is something else to throw into the mix. The human mind is a very, very powerful energy. The "paranormal" runs most of us nuts if we let it. Smoke and mirrors and just a hint of "immortality" but then more smoke and mirrors. The only folks I know of who really handle it without butting their heads against the wall are the fundi religious folks. (they can call it the devil and be done with it.) And the Atheist (they can call it bullshit and be done with it.) :)

My journey continues.

I've had the "sleep paralizes" thing over the years. Have not had it in several years now. I never associated it with abductions myself. Of course when I first had it I didn't know what an alien abduction was. (still don't but I digress.) Anyway, I would "fight" em back then. I would pray and I would grab em around the throat and choke em. they actually felt a little bit like a "reptile" to me. Now was it real? Yes, of course. physically? Hmmmm, I doubt it. But, the fact is it was "real" because in my mind I was experienceing it. I have come to think that maybe (and it's a big maybe.) It's all real. We live and breathe in this physical univererse and we say "that's all that's real" But, I think that our minds are much bigger than our enviroment. I think "we" create. Now, does it have any "objective" reality? I'm not sure. I think it does. I think there is truly mind and matter and both are connected but one isn't more "real" than the other. That's why I (and I won't do that rant here) feel it's all God. When I think or sleep or have sex or fart or meditate or anything else. I'm one of those who think we do this more than once so I guess some folks would caracature me the same way I did the poster this AM. It's just that sometime I hear something and I think hmmm, interesting. Other times my b.s. meter goes off. Sleep Paralizes doens't explain all aspects of abductions (I don't guess) but it is something else to throw into the mix. The human mind is a very, very powerful energy. The "paranormal" runs most of us nuts if we let it. Smoke and mirrors and just a hint of "immortality" but then more smoke and mirrors. The only folks I know of who really handle it without butting their heads against the wall are the fundi religious folks. (they can call it the devil and be done with it.) And the Atheist (they can call it bullshit and be done with it.) :)

My journey continues.

Again with the atheist stuff. Non-believers really get under you skin, eh? Who cares what others believe or don't believe. If they're happy about their lives, belief in a god or not is irrelevant.

Again with the atheist stuff. Non-believers really get under you skin, eh? Who cares what others believe or don't believe. If they're happy about their lives, belief in a god or not is irrelevant.

Angel, I like you but ENOUGH already! Sheesse I didn't say anything good or bad about atheist. I used the word in the same context as I used the word religious folks. But, that didn't bother you. I don't mean to be a smart ass but get over yourself dude. I'm not gonna stop posting my thoughts and I'm not gonna stop saying the A-Word. :) It was just a stream of thoughts.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

tyder001 said:
Angel, I like you but ENOUGH already! Sheesse I didn't say anything good or bad about atheist. I used the word in the same context as I used the word religious folks. But, that didn't bother you. I don't mean to be a smart ass but get over yourself dude. I'm not gonna stop posting my thoughts and I'm not gonna stop saying the A-Word. :) It was just a stream of thoughts.

Damn, I think Lance and T.O. need to help ya out there man. They don't seem quite as shaky or defensive. Just sayin!:cool:

Back