• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Colin Andrews - Crop circles and New Age 'energy'

UFO RESEARCH QUEENSLAND | CASEFILES

And so it goes...

UFOs Inspire Art - Sand Circles (GALLERY)

So on one hand artists are making sand circles but on the other many UFO "researchers" are saying these are new messages from above as there are just no footprints in the sand or any trace of human agency at work. I guess those footprints would be really hard to eliminate for anyone creating these new works of art?

sand1.jpg

Last edited:
There have been real non-human made crop circles, like those reported prior to modern times, but they were simple round or ring shaped forms. None of the complex ones we've seen in modern times are natural or alien made. Those are all man-made. The ones with actual pictograms, like the Chilbolton ones, are clearly man-made. I certainly give credit to the person who made the "alien reply" version of the Pioneer Plaque. These people do sometimes put a lot of effort into some of these works. Of course, the Pioneer Plaque was designed in such a way that it's very doubtful that any other life form would be able to make any sense of it, other than the picture of a man and woman waving hello.

The simple fact that the designer of the "reply" knew what every part of the plaque meant and was able to make a logical reply to it proves that it was done by a human who had researched it and knew very well what every part of it meant. The only way it could have been done by aliens is if they were monitoring our airwaves, Internet etc and therefore had inside information about the meaning of the plaque. Same with the CC showing an alien holding what looks like a DVD with dots and dashes on it. How would aliens know how a DVD was laid out? I suppose you could suggest that aliens are really future humans time traveling back to now, in which case they would know all about us. I still can't see why they would want to make pictograms in crops though.

I just wanted to chime in and state for the record that I LOVED this show! Best in a while guys. I am certainly not stating that I belong to any particular denomination of the UFO congregation or whatever, I just know that Andrews is a total paranormal Vet. How can anyone with a sincere (read: your mind is not made up on the issue because there is no known facts concerning as much) interest in the UFO phenomenon, let alone the myriad of paranormal proprieties that Mr., and now Mrs. Andrews, have pursued throughout the course of their lives, be not interested and enthused to hear from them? Great show!

I have to say that I'm very disappointed that these crop circles appear to be made by humans. In one sense, it's actually quite amazing that humans could do things which I thought were impossible.

However, I saw a documentary on crop circles and when I saw the little balls flying around and when one of the scientists (it was a woman, but I don't remember her name) described how the wheat was altered without breaking in a way that couldn't be simply explained by humans making art during the night, I was sure these crop circles were not made by humans at the very least.

I guess I'll have to get back to the core UFO phenomenon and be happy we still have no mundane answer for that one.

If there is anything paranormal going on, maybe it just works opposite to what we expected: The 'them' are not communicating with 'us', we are communicating with them through crop circles. And I guess this is the new angle, a reversal of roles to maintain the paranormal aspects of crop circles.

In fact, the Nazca lines were always thought to be communication from us to them, and if the balls of light in crop circles are for real, it seems they are simply curious to see what we communicated. Of course, the majority of crop circles are simple geometric patterns and so they don't communicate anything at all.

Maybe someone should just write 'are you there?' and put up a camera to catch if anything replies, instead of making ancient symbols and geometric patterns.

The stories about balls of light and odd shadows seem to be the last remaining intrigue, but it's a bit unsatifactory that nothing has been caught on camera if the experiences of balls of light, for instance, are as common as some of these circle makers claim.

If there is anything paranormal going on, maybe it just works opposite to what we expected: The 'them' are not communicating with 'us', we are communicating with them through crop circles. And I guess this is the new angle, a reversal of roles to maintain the paranormal gist.

In fact, the Nazca lines were always thought to be communication from us to them, and if the balls of light in crop circles are for real, it seems they are simply curious to see what we communicated. Of course, the majority of crop circles are simple geometric patterns and so they don't communicate anything at all.

Maybe someone should just write 'are you there?' and put up a camera to catch if anything replies, instead of making ancient symbols and geometric patterns.

The stories about balls of light and odd shadows seem to be the last remaining intrigue, but it's a bit unsatifactory that nothing has been caught on camera if the experiences of balls of light, for instance, are as common as some of these circle makers claim.

Jimi,
Wasn't there some form of carbonized grain stalk or something that elluded scientific explanation that Colin referred to? How is that all of a sudden all crop circles are attributable to human beings? Have all the previously examined grain stalks in which there was no known explanation for the effects on the vegetation been demonstratably duplicated and explained? I have not seen proof of this myself.

If there is anything paranormal going on, maybe it just works opposite to what we expected: The 'them' are not communicating with 'us', we are communicating with them through crop circles. And I guess this is the new angle, a reversal of roles to maintain the paranormal aspects of crop circles.

In the documentary I saw, there were round objects flying around the crop circles. They weren't birds. I guess it's possible they were drones of some sort, even though (I believe) the documentary I saw was done in the late nineties. If they're drones, they would have to be advanced technology not publicly released.

Yes, Andrews used to make the claim that he had the power to tell which circles were "real" and which were fake. He made a fool of himself on the BBC pronouncing a known human-made circle as one of the "real" ones. His excuses after being shown that he was wrong are priceless. His oh-so-precious new theory takes his silly claims into the safely unfalsifiable territory that paranormal believers are always most comfortable in. That anyone would give Andrews even a slight amount of credibility (especially after this hilarious new apologetic theory he has created whole cloth) is yet another sign of the abject bankruptcy of paranormal ideas.

I notice at least one poster above claims to be able to tell the "real" circles from the fake, too.

Such a sad farce. But at least it is entertaining.

Were there EVER any grain stalks that were shown to have been effected in a non duplicatable manner? Wasn't there even some information going around that micro waves had something to do with certain cases? Holy confusion!

Bogus Levengood nonsense my friend.

Where are the scientific reports about the stems being unnaturally altered then? We've all heard claims about that but where is the actual unbiased scientific analysis to prove it? I used to believe crop circles were real myself but after viewing YouTube videos about the subject I now believe they are man-made except for maybe a few simple circles. As for how those simple circles are formed, I don't know, could be UFOs, could be something involving earth magnetism/electricity.

Incidentally, I also saw a video of how that famous footage showing a few small white orbs flying over a field and a crop circle forming under them was made. It was completely done with video editing.

But what we know about the makers is that these are experts in the field, so to speak. They are hired by corporations around the world to create ads in the golden wheat near you.

This I had not heard before and is a claim worth investigating. Do you have any links or references ?

This I had not heard before and is a claim worth investigating. Do you have any links or references ?
Here's a really sad example of what I was talking about using coloured mulch to complete the job - somehow that seems to make it much less authentic:
papacrop_3.jpg

But if you go to the circlemakers website we see just how involved with corporate advertising they are, which is not surprising at all as most good, new ideas are almost always adopted by the unimaginative corporation:
¤ c i r c l e m a k e r s ¤

Great post han, fyi those crop formations are the work of the sirians. They are the go to race when it comes to marketing.

Last edited:
Makes total sense. Consumerism and its twin demon, Advertising, have already made most of us into compliant zombies, except for on those special shopping days with sales when the quickening takes us and we stampede over each other in frenzies to get new gadgets and molded plastic thneeds. If this is truly the aliens' takeover strategy then it's all unfolding according to plan.

... not sure about any spiritual cause for these crop circle things.

I'd certainly try to eliminate particular geological subterranean configurations possibly combined with vibration, heat producing (energy) events like 'micro-earthquakes', magma movements... etc... before I went on to explore other exotic possibilities.

Maybe some surface plasma bursts guided by some complex crystal formations deep in the earths mantle could explain some of the formations... but then again, maybe I'm too rational ;)
Sandia National Labs: PCNSC: Departments: Plasma: Long Range Particle Interactions and Collective Phenomena in Plasma Crystals

Last edited:
Well, I'd like to think that both (human & alien) theories explain the circles. I'm still willing to leave room for a paranormal explanation. But, I have always wondered why they are concentrated in certain areas and not others such as the vast wheat growing area of the Palouse in southeastern Washington state. I've never heard of circles being formed there. Has anybody?

Just clicked on Ezechial's link and got a pop-up screen requesting clearance info that makes me think someone might be looking back. :oops:

Back