• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Colin Andrews - Crop circles and New Age 'energy'

"Starting at the centre and counting the number of one-tenth segments in each section contained by the change in radius clearly shows the values of the first 10 digits in the value of pi."

I'm missing the "mind-boggling" part on this one. This thing just screams, "I'm a man-made piece of yard art." I'd bet Matthew Williams could tell you which team made it.

It's a nice circle. However, the signs of human construction are there. Note the "stomp" marks of approx. one meter in width in the circles and outer band. This shows exactly where the stomping boards overlapped on their rounds.

I don't doubt that.

As in UFO sightings I would say that 99.9 % are man made and its probably the least complex and the least special FX that are inexplicable and unexplainable, these are now lost to us.

Like UFO sightings crop circles have been around for centuries, I don't think centuries ago there were memetic trends in producing these things nor doug and dave type people creating these things, people in England in those days were too superstitious to hoax stuff and more likely to prescribe there own whacky cultural context to these things hence the inordinate amount of "devil's such and such " and "golden ball type" place names around the country. I do believe that maybe there was a geological link present here too. I do think that the trend for groups of creators are inadvertently acting unconsciously towards an effect that they don't really understand that they are a part off. Its the same knock on effect that perhaps black project sightings with ufos create, i.e.. some kind of collective paranoia, or tulpic manifestation, and an accepted ETH mindset, perhaps we are inadvertently willing an entity to exist that doesn't. It would not be the first time.

Aliens, demons, unknown geology, hoaxes or otherwise, its still very intriguing watching this play out.

Last edited:
The claim that complex crop circles of the modern variety have been around for centuries has been hard from me to substantiate. Ropes, boards, and the simple techniques used to create crop circles have existed for a long time nevertheless.

The claim that complex crop circles of the modern variety have been around for centuries has been hard from me to substantiate. Ropes, boards, and the simple techniques used to create crop circles have existed for a long time nevertheless.
no doubt.

Like I said its probably the least complex.

Here's a quote I found on the subject of pre-modern crop circles;

In 1686 a British scientist, Robert Plot, published a book entitled A Natural History of Staffordshire, which contained accounts of geometric areas of flattened plants found on both arable land and pastureland. He describes not only circles but also spirals and squares within rings, up to 150 feet across. He reports that the soil under them was much looser and drier than normal, and that a whitish, musty substance or hoar, ‘like that in mouldy bread’, was sometimes found on the plants. He hypothesized that the designs were created by lightning exploding from the clouds. In July 1880 the science journal Nature published a letter from a scientist who described finding multiple circular areas of flattened wheat on a farm in southern England. He suggested they were the result of ‘some cyclonic wind action’. Crop circles and their message (1)

The part about the whitish musty substance leads me to believe that it may be a fungus or virus. It would probably propagate outward in a circular form from the point of initial infection. Just a thought. I guess it wouldn't explain square shapes or the dried out ground.

Back