• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Budd Hopkins - The Pioneer of Abduction Research by Kay Wilson

it had big red eyes. It sounds stupid, but it had great big round red eyes, like huge flies' eyes and they were red like, not like a reflection of red, but like burning red, like . . . fluorescent stop lights, I suppose, that sort of real burning red.

There's a few cases in the literature over the years of red-eyed beings. The ones encountered in Varginha in 1996 are well known by now:

http://www.ufoevidence.org/Cases/CaseSubarticle.asp?ID=501

Probably not the same as those encountered by the Cahills, but red-eyed nevertheless.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

I have only looked at two cases and I found what I needed online. I wonder if I would find other problems with other cases if I looked.

Jeeeez. You get your information only from the internet, and only know of two cases? It's worse than I thought.

We're wasting our time here, mate.

Kelly Cahill's abductors were somewhat different.

"AN EXTRAORDINARY ENCOUNTER IN THE DANDENONG FOOTHILLS"
The Kelly Cahill Story
It started coming towards us, only slowly, and it had big red eyes. It sounds stupid, but it had great big round red eyes, like huge flies' eyes and they were red like, not like a reflection of red, but like burning red, like . . . fluorescent stop lights, I suppose, that sort of real burning red.

All of a sudden I started screaming out [to my husbands. . . . Now this has really got me baffled because of the fact that a human being doesn't know this, so I don't even know how I came out with this, but I started saying, "They've got no souls." And then I started screaming, "THEY'VE GOT NO SOULS!" Then all of a sudden there were heaps of them in the field, not just one, a whole heap of them, and they started coming towards us . . . faster than a man could run, and they were gliding off the ground. They got halfway across the field.[/I]

There's a couple of things interesting about Cahill's description. One is that with the exception of the glowing red eyes the description is pretty similar to what was reported in the Allagash case. The other thing is that the other witnesses to the Cahill event didn't see red eyes. They described everything else the same but they remembered the eyes being black. Strange, almost like they presented that one aspect of themselves differently to the different witnesses.

Here is a rendition of the red eyed aliens Kelly Cahill saw.

Kelly's abduction case really was scary as hell. And, disturbingly, supported by multiple witness testimony from people who didn't even know each other. It wasn't the regular narrative, for sure.

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Both were naked. One appeared Nordic and the other Asian. Aspects of their appearance were quite odd. The Nordic female had a very elongated face and a sharply point chin. Her eyes appeared to be blue and 2 to 3 times larger than normal. She had very fine wispy blonde hair that seemed to be oddly blown up. Her skin colour was quite light. The dark brown skinned Asian looking woman seemed to have almost completely black eyes. Her hair was black and set in a firm page-boy style.

You studied the Khoury case, or read the lab reports on the DNA analysis? Strange indeed. Looks like sophisticated and knowledgeable genetic engineering of human source material: five specific deletions/substitutions in the DNA helix making the native resistant to smallpox, HIV and a whole basket of other lethal viruses which afflict humans. We can't currently do that stuff, so far as I know. Obviously someone somewhere knows how, and considering the two females looked between 20 and 30 years old it looks like the knowledge has been there a while. There is truth in all the "hybrid" reports, it seems.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

When you PM him the reading list, do the same for me please...

J - emailed to you today.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

You studied the Khoury case, or read the lab reports on the DNA analysis? Strange indeed. Looks like sophisticated and knowledgeable genetic engineering of human source material: five specific deletions/substitutions in the DNA helix making the native resistant to smallpox, HIV and a whole basket of other lethal viruses which afflict humans. We can't currently do that stuff, so far as I know. Obviously someone somewhere knows how, and considering the two females looked between 20 and 30 years old it looks like the knowledge has been there a while. There is truth in all the "hybrid" reports, it seems.

Peter khoury case is not that simple other theories exist to explain it.

by Bill Chalker
Anomaly Physical Evidence Group (APEG)

because of the bizarre and controversial nature of the 1992 episode, Peter was more comfortable describing his 1988 experience. The strange encounter with the 2 unusual women was discussed and examined in a limited and fragmentary way. It was not until 1996 that I heard from Peter Khoury about the hair sample that had been recovered from what may have been an alien abduction sexual assault case (see 'Scientists assess DNA Hair sample from Human being apparently not from Earth').

By 1998, I began an investigation into the hair sample, when biochemical colleagues agreed to undertake what was the world's first PCR (polymerase Chain Reaction) DNA profiling of biological material implicated in an alien abduction experience. The analysis confirmed the hair came from someone who was biologically close to normal human genetics, but of an unusual racial type - a rare Chinese Mongoloid type - one of the rarest human lineages known, that lies further from the human mainstream than any other except for African pygmies and aboriginals.

An artist's impression of the blonde haired "nordic" being encountered by Peter Khoury in Sydney during 1992.

There was the strange anomaly of it being blonde to clear instead of black, as would be expected from the Asian type mitochondrial DNA.

The study concluded,
"The most probable donor of the hair must therefore be as (Khoury) claims: a tall blonde female who does not need much color in her hair or skin, as a form of protection against the sun, perhaps because she does not require it."

The DNA sequence overlayed was extracted from the hair sample recovered by Khoury (from the cover of the International UFO Reporter (IUR), Spring, 1999)
Magnified hair sample showing optical transparency and pronounced mosaic structure. The circles of light are reflections. Photo taken from video (B.Chalker/APEG). The DNA sequence on the left is from the hair shaft.
The original DNA work was done on the shaft of the hair. Fascinating further anomalies were found in the root of the hair.

Two types of DNA were found depending on where the mitochondrial DNA testing occurs, namely confirming the rare Chinese type DNA in the hair shaft and indicating a rare possible Basque/Gaelic type DNA in the root section.

This was very puzzling and controversial, until a 'Nature Biotechnology' paper appeared in 2000. It revealed recent findings on hair transplanting with previously incompatible hair, using advanced cloning techniques, developed in a possible cure for baldness.

We seem to be seeing similar combined or "grafted" DNA in the sample recovered under controversial circumstances by Peter Khoury back in 1992.

Perhaps even more controversial is that we have findings suggestive of nuclear DNA indicating possible viral resistance. The hair sample seems to show it contains 2 deleted genes for CCR5 protein and no intact gene for normal undeleted CCR5 - this CCR5 deletion factor has been implicated in AIDS resistance.

The Hair Root DNA Sequence

To keep a very complex story somewhat uncomplicated, what seems to be suggested by the range of findings is possible evidence for advanced DNA techniques and DNA anomalies & findings, for which we are only now discovering or starting to make sense of in mainstream biotechnology.

The nature of these genetic findings has lead to some interesting possible connections with ancient cultures, myths and archaeological finds such as the strange Taklamakan mummies in China (tall European like peoples (Celtic?), some of whom had blonde hair) and the stories of the female Basque God Mari and the Gaelic Irish tales of the Tuatha da Danann.

The Tuatha tales describe powerful gods with orange or blonde hair and other unusual attributes.

While such cultural and mythic connections are fascinating speculations, they provide for an inte

Mari - the neolithic Goddess of Old Europe and the primary deity in Basque mythology - has many manifestations, including:
"as a tree that looks like a woman or a tree emitting flames"
"a white cloud or rainbow, or a ball of fire in the air"
"a sickle of fire, as which she appears crossing the sky"
"seen enveloped in fire, lying down horizontally, moving through the air"
The records from ancient Ireland describe a whole series of invasions.

The "Lebor Gabala Erren" ("The Book of the Taking of Ireland"), compiled during the 12th century A.D. describes the coming of the mysterious Tuatha de' Danann or Tribe of Danu. They were apparently tall, blond or red-haired strangers, "expert in the arts of pagan cunning", who supposedly interbred with the locals, while teaching them many kinds of useful skills.

The Lebor Gabala records their dramatic entrance to Ireland as follows:
"In this wise they came, in dark clouds from northern islands of the world. They landed on the mountains of Conmaicne Rein in Connachta, and they brought a darkness over the sun for three days and three nights. Gods were their men of arts, and non-gods their husbandmen."

cording to the mythic tales the Tuatha de' Danann were advanced enough to arrive in western Ireland (near modern Connacht) by air.

They divided into two social classes:
"gods" as teachers of medicine, smithing, communication or druidry
"non-gods" as farmers or shepherds
Although no one knows for certain what the Tuatha looked like, descriptions, such as of their female war-leader Eriu, indicate tall attractive people with pale skin, high foreheads, long red hair and large blue eyes.

Other descriptions indicate blonde, golden hair with blue eyes.

The blonde haired woman in the 1957 abduction of Antonio Villas Boas also had red body hair (pubic hair). She seems remarkably like Peter's female visitor and the description of Eriu. If the Tuatha cross-bred with local humans, they would have left hybrid descendants who look somew

And now, what about that stuff about Betty Hill Kieran mentioned? Is anyone familiar with that? I haven't read about it anywhere. Does it mean that Betty changed her story?

I have read both Fuller's book "The Interrupted Journey" and Friedman and Marden's "Captured" in the past year. I have also talked to Kathy Marden about her aunt, and spoken at some length to Budd Hopkins specifically about the Hill case, as he knew Betty very well for years. So I probably do know something about the case, and all its complexities.

However, I have no idea what Kieran is talking about. He tells us he gets all his ideas from the internet, so that might explain his regular excursions away from sanity and reason.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

Kieran - re the Khoury case:

I read Chalker's book from cover to cover, reviewed it online, and read the lab reports in full. What you posted above is a tiny and incomplete summary. If you have spent as much time as I have on the detail of the case, then you can start lecturing me about "other theories that explain it." Nothing remotely conventional within the current parameters of known genetic technology begins to explain the DNA of that hair. It's fucking alien, in the sense that it definitely does not come from any normal, un-modified human. Humans simply do not have two separate types of mitochondrial DNA in the same person, EVER. It's not possible, unless (in theory) the being was in some way genetically engineered. And we aren't even talking about how she might have been made resistant to so many lethal human viruses by ingenious and spophisticated DNA deletions and substitutions, which is a whole different discussion.

I have read both Fuller's book "The Interrupted Journey" and Friedman and Marden's "Captured" in the past year. I have also talked to Kathy Marden about her aunt, and spoken at some length to Budd Hopkins specifically about the Hill case, as he knew Betty very well for years. So I probably do know something about the case, and all its complexities.

However, I have no idea what Kieran is talking about. He tells us he gets all his ideas from the internet, so that might explain his regular excursions away from sanity and reason.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I read Chalker's book from cover to cover, reviewed it online, and read the lab reports in full. What you posted above is a tiny and incomplete summary. If you have spent as much time as I have on the detail of the case, then you can start lecturing me about "other theories that explain it." Nothing remotely conventional within the current parameters of known genetic technology begins to explain the DNA of that hair. It's fucking alien, in the sense that it definitely does not come from any normal, un-modified human. Humans simply do not have two separate types of mitochondrial DNA in the same person, EVER. It's not possible, unless (in theory) the being was in some way genetically engineered. And we aren't even talking about how she might have been made resistant to so many lethal human viruses by ingenious and spophisticated DNA deletions and substitutions, which is a whole different discussion.

You have a point. The women were nothing like us so yes their Alien.. The Rare DNA found in the hair root and shaft, does that not hint at something far stranger Archie? I know you dislike Vallée but you have to wonder was he right?

You have a point. The women were nothing like us so yes their Alien.. The Rare DNA found in the hair root and shaft, does not hint at something far stranger Archie? I know you dislike Vallée but you have to wonder was he right?

I actually somewhat agree with you here. There was nothing in the DNA results that specifically said non-human, it was more like the Twilight Zone. Anytime I think of the Khoury case it almost seems to me like the hair was left there intentionally to play around with us.

I actually somewhat agree with you here. There was nothing in the DNA results that specifically said non-human, it was more like the Twilight Zone. Anytime I think of the Khoury case it almost seems to me like the hair was left there intentionally to play around with us.

Exactly. That's the thing that puzzles me too. The length of the hair was way to epic for pubes IMHO - and Khoury found it wrapped around his ding dong. Real funny that he found it on that place, if it came from the head I'd guess he'd find it on the sheets or something. Also, why did the alien chicks allow Khoury to listen to their telepathic communication? If it was a standard hit & run (& human material recovery), I'd guess they would just disappear. Somehow I also tend to think that such an advanced technology would be even beyond leaving any traces whatsoever, if it didn't want to be found...

The blonde woman had Human DNA that there is no question. Every boy and girl has mitochondrial DNA inherited from your mother. So there is a problem, if the woman has two sources of Mitochondrial DNA (two mothers?) which was found in the Peter Khoury case. The DNA found in the hair is very unusual type Basque/ Gaelic and Chinese/Mongol.. I can't explain to be honest. There was two-events with the Women in fact separate times! and Fairy lore is strange!

As for the wall painting it has been retouched and repainted over number of years to highlight the features. Strange eyes dark big oval cat like eyes this is a common observation in witness testimony. I think it likely is the case the beings doing the abductions have far larger eyes than we do., Look people can give out about Paratopia, but to be fair their case is a strong one. I think Jeff and Jeremy have been a bit unfair to Gene in the video Phil posted. But if you watch from 12 minutes on. Jeff and Jeremy are correct, if people here can't see that, well you really have not got a clue have you...

Not withstanding you offer no proof the wall painting has been retouched and repainted,

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=wanjina&FORM=BIFD

Are you suggesting ALL these images have been repainted, it seems to me like you are trying to twist the data to fit your notions.
As i said before im not suggesting the wanjina are greys, it could be coincidence that the depictions and descriptions match modern day depictions and descriptions. I dont know is my mantra and thus i keeping seeking the answers.
Clues, are all i think any of us have at this moment in time

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

Ive personally attended lectures by Bill, and i agree That hair is not natural by all our current standards of measurements, it should also have been black given its genotype, yet was blond, it also has two separate types of mitochondrial DNA as you say.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

There's a couple of things interesting about Cahill's description. One is that with the exception of the glowing red eyes the description is pretty similar to what was reported in the Allagash case. The other thing is that the other witnesses to the Cahill event didn't see red eyes. They described everything else the same but they remembered the eyes being black. Strange, almost like they presented that one aspect of themselves differently to the different witnesses.

I found this to be most interesting of all

Oh, there's one thing I remember that he said: "I wouldn't harm her. She's my daughter."

Who I Think the Visitors Are by Anne Strieber

Friday, August 15, 2008

My theory about "the visitors" is different from that of most UFO investigators: I think they are either time travelers, visitors from a parallel universe, the dead, or all 3

http://www.unknowncountry.com/insight/who-i-think-visitors-are-anne-strieber

You're well able to express your feelings Archie, but to me, you are too involved in this research to have an unbiased opinion.

Who is this dude? A little pompus and perhaps something more.... I guess he's not understanding Archie might have a stake in this.

Exactly. That's the thing that puzzles me too. The length of the hair was way to epic for pubes IMHO - and Khoury found it wrapped around his ding dong. Real funny that he found it on that place, if it came from the head I'd guess he'd find it on the sheets or something. Also, why did the alien chicks allow Khoury to listen to their telepathic communication? If it was a standard hit & run (& human material recovery), I'd guess they would just disappear. Somehow I also tend to think that such an advanced technology would be even beyond leaving any traces whatsoever, if it didn't want to be found...

We don't know the answers to any of this, except it looks like the blond one wrapped it around Khoury's member and left it there deliberately, so he'd find it. They may, of course, have been to some degree working to their own agenda and occasionally do something "against the rules."

I have heard over the years of other incidents like this, but to my knowledge to date there is no other comprehensive DNA analysis of such a hair. There have definitely been reports of other hairs, though, in other places recovered by other abductees. If you found one on your person, what in all honesty would you do with it? Unless you were an industrial geneticist or a police detective used to working with forensics, how would you find a competent lab, and persuade anyone to analyse it? How would you deal with the obvious questions you might be asked? None of this stuff is supposed to be real, remember.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

You have a point. The women were nothing like us so yes their Alien.. The Rare DNA found in the hair root and shaft, does that not hint at something far stranger Archie? I know you dislike Vallée but you have to wonder was he right?

To me, it says sophisticated genetic engineering from human source material - a kind of hybrid being. I really don't see any other explanation which might be credible, but am open to suggestions.

I don't dislike Vallee. His work over the years is more than just casually interesting. He's smart, and original, and especially admirable is the way he always goes out and investigates cases for himself. However, at the end of the day his ideas are really not useful, his hypotheses (like the "control system") not testable or verifiable, and he does not shed light on the subject or unltimately explain anything. I would, for what it's worth, recommend most of his books to anyone seriously interested in this stuff (except maybe "The Invisible College" where the train really does leave the tracks). He can be a bit too intellectual and up-his-own-ass sometimes, and his writing rarely displays humor ("Messengers of Deception" a notable exception) and is sometimes so dry and dull it's almost unreadable ("Challenge to Science" for example).

Archie, sorry to digress, but have you or any abductee you know & trust tried to set up a quality video camera in your bedroom over a period of time to assess what actually happens? One always hears stories how the camera gets 'switched off', or how the abduction then occurs elsewhere, but all this seems too convenient. One also rarely hears about this very obvious countermeasure discussed at length and in detail in radio interviews. Drawing this back to Budd Hopkins, hasn't he tried this with some of his willing 'patients', and if so, what were the results? Thnx.

Humans simply do not have two separate types of mitochondrial DNA in the same person, EVER.
Hey guys I'm enjoying your debate but the statement above isn't true... google Heteroplasmy. Heteroplasmy is the presence of a mixture of more than one type of an organellar genome (mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) or plastid DNA) within a cell or individual. Yeah it's strange, rare, etc but it does occur in nature all by itself with no intervention by little grey men.

Hey guys I'm enjoying your debate but the statement above isn't true... google Heteroplasmy. Heteroplasmy is the presence of a mixture of more than one type of an organellar genome (mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) or plastid DNA) within a cell or individual. Yeah it's strange, rare, etc but it does occur in nature all by itself with no intervention by little grey men.

Yeah, he might not have worded that very well. But if memory serves me correctly the hair was determined to have a different DNA profile in the root than it did in the shaft (I could be off there. Read the book a few years ago and am going off of memory). As far as I know that's highly anomalous if not impossible.

We don't know the answers to any of this, except it looks like the blond one wrapped it around Khoury's member and left it there deliberately, so he'd find it. They may, of course, have been to some degree working to their own agenda and occasionally do something "against the rules."

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

To me, it says sophisticated genetic engineering from human source material - a kind of hybrid being. I really don't see any other explanation which might be credible, but am open to suggestions.

I don't dislike Vallee. His work over the years is more than just casually interesting. He's smart, and original, and especially admirable is the way he always goes out and investigates cases for himself. However, at the end of the day his ideas are really not useful, his hypotheses (like the "control system") not testable or verifiable, and he does not shed light on the subject or unltimately explain anything. I would, for what it's worth, recommend most of his books to anyone seriously interested in this stuff (except maybe "The Invisible College" where the train really does leave the tracks). He can be a bit too intellectual and up-his-own-ass sometimes, and his writing rarely displays humor ("Messengers of Deception" a notable exception) and is sometimes so dry and dull it's almost unreadable ("Challenge to Science" for example).

Archie, There is a strong likelihood the blonde woman involved in the Peter Khoury case was biomedically engineered. I can't argue with that at all. But we have to consider some of the story might not have happened as it was told. Peter Khoury in my mind had a real experience, but with this kind of experience people do get confused with the details. There is another option, this woman at some point received implants of new hair by cloning techniques, that would account for why two different sets of Mitochondrial DNA were showing up in the lab test. Or we could be dealing with a mutation cross-breeding between humans-and aliens sexual contact physically. I don't confess to have any other theory ,if there is another then we are in twilight zone territory as Wickerman pointed out in his post.

Heteroplasmy thanks Alzo found an Article I will try posting it shortly.

The problem is the hair is blonde came from a blue eyed white women and you should not be getting rare Chinese/ Mongol DNA in a hair that belongs to White-women the hair should be black. All human beings inherit Mitochondrial from their mother both male and female. There is two different groups showing up which is strange it suggests two parents, not a scientist, but if Heteroplasmy can account for this that be cool.

The legends of Ireland are important Archie including the Vallée stuff .. @ Firstly to you this means Aliens are coming here now from outer space taking people abducting them and creating Hybrid beings out of human material.

To me the DNA evidence Basque/ Gaelic bit is at least is a a clear sign of a relationship between us and whatever that other Visitor to this planet is. I have wrote about this previously the Lebor Gabala (Taking of Ireland--Book Of Invasions) a book that was witten in the 11th century considerd by lot of historians to be fiction, but amazing this is, the book pinpointed the origin of the Irish Scottish Welsh Some English people hundreds of years before scientists did.. The Basques--Irish Scottish Welsh are genetically linked we are blood brothers.. The Basques are the oldest European Race their language is not an Indo-European language it is language unlike any other which is odd. Their blood type is RH-- 85 per cent of the world population have it, but the highest concentration of RH blood negative is only found in peoples from the Basque Region and Celtic Peoples, it the purest blood known to mankind and only 15 per cent of people of the world population have it. So Archie there is another weird anomaly and this is Scientific fact not make believe!

Archie you can find evidence in Modern Ufology to me were it clearly hints that the Tuatha de dannann is involved in the UFO Phenomenon today.. Archie I honestly don't no the origin of the the Tuatha de Dannann, from another planet possible, but the evidence to me suggests something was happening on this planet further back then Historians are suggesting. I think Atlantis existed because he never claimed it never did, he actually a gave a time for when it existed 9,000 years before his birth or something. And there is evidence an Island existed West of Ireland in the Atlantic ocean were it sank I believe 10,000 years ago into the depths of the ocean and that Island is clearly linked with Fairy-lore and weird stories. I think the evidence is right in front of our eyes, but due to cultural differences and prejudices people are not looking at the evidence objectively.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

High levels of mitochondrial DNA heteroplasmy
in human hairs by Budowle et al.
Peter D�Eustachio*
Department of Biochemistry, NYU School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Received 31 May 2002; accepted 26 July 2002
The small size of the mitochondrial (mt) genome and its
presence in many copies per cell make it useful for human
DNA typing when only small amounts of material are
available or when the material is badly degraded [1]. Despite
its small size, and the fact that it is normally transmitted only
maternally and without recombination, substantial DNA
sequence polymorphism has accumulated in the mt genome,
especially in two segments of the control region: HVI and
HVII. The mtDNA sequence recovered from an item of
evidence can thus be used to exclude many individuals as
potential sources of that evidence. Conversely, if an evidence
sequence matches a known reference sequence, the frequency
of unrelated individuals who match the evidence
sequence can be estimated by reference to a human mtDNA
population database.
The high copy number and high mutation rate that make
mtDNA useful for forensic DNA typing also lead to mtDNA
sequence heteroplasmy, the presence of more than one
mtDNA sequence in an individual. Initially thought not to
occur in the mitochondria of normal individuals [2], heteroplasmy
is now known to be widespread. Major unresolved
issues include the molecular mechanisms responsible for the
occurrence of heteroplasmy to different extents in different
tissues, and the possibility that heteroplasmy levels in an
individual might vary with age [3�6]. Hairs are often
strongly affected, so that different individual hairs from
one person can differ in mtDNA sequence by one or more
bases, or can show mixed sequences [7�10].
The article by Budowle et al. in the 28 March edition of
Forensic Science International 126 (2002) 30�33 raises two
issues in the course of evaluating the recent observation by
Grzybowski [11,12] of very high levels of heteroplasmy in
human hairs. The first issue is that detection of heteroplasmy
is dependent on the exact laboratory procedures used to
analyze mtDNA. The second is that interpretation of
observed instances of heteroplasmy is dependent on models
of mtDNA mutation and of human population genetics.
Considering the relationship between assay conditions
and amounts and kinds of heteroplasmy found, Budowle
et al. note that both the amount of template DNA (20�80 ng)
and the number of PCR cycles (30 � 32, in a nested PCR
strategy) in Grzybowski�s studies [11,12] differ from those
used by the United States FBI Laboratory (0.1 ng target
amount of DNA; 36 PCR cycles [13]). However, in validation
studies carried out by Allen et al. [14], accurate mtDNA
sequence information was reliably obtained with up to 33 ng
of template DNA (the largest amount tested) in a 25 � 32-
cycle nested PCR strategy, and in studies carried out to
validate the British FSS protocol, accurate mtDNA sequence
information was obtained with up to 200 ng of template in a
nested PCR strategy with up to 32 cycles in the first step and
up to 32 in the second [15,16]. Grzybowski�s aassay conditions
thus fall within the range validated by several laboratories
for forensic mtDNA typing.
At the same time, detection of heteroplasmy clearly is
assay dependent. Such dependency was described by Sullivan
et al. [7]. Calloway et al. [3] observed that their ability to
detect heteroplasmy varied both with assay conditions and
with the particular mtDNA sequence variants under study.
Indeed, a recent inter-laboratory exercise provides a striking
demonstration of the range of results possible when current
forensic mtDNA typing protocols are applied to genuinely
heteroplasmic hairs [10].
Continuing their discussion of experimental conditions
that might confound mtDNA typing, Budowle et al. suggest
that nuclear pseudogenes might be the source of some of the
DNA sequences observed by Grzybowski [11]. Amplification
of nuclear DNA corresponding to the HVI sequence has
been reported, albeit only in samples depleted of mtDNA or
containing mtDNA mutated so as to reduce its affinity for mt
HVI PCR primers [17]. In contrast, amplification of nuclear
DNA corresponding to mtDNA coding sequences.

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

Not withstanding you offer no proof the wall painting has been retouched and repainted,

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=wanjina&FORM=BIFD

Are you suggesting ALL these images have been repainted, it seems to me like you are trying to twist the data to fit your notions.
As i said before im not suggesting the wanjina are greys, it could be coincidence that the depictions and descriptions match modern day depictions and descriptions. I dont know is my mantra and thus i keeping seeking the answers.
Clues,

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I found this to be most interesting of all

Mike, I don't post stuff that I believe to be wrong. From Online* A recent data program on the pigment taken from classic Wandjini does indicate the tradition is an old one. But studies have shown some of the painted rocks surfaces have been repainted and retouched. Mike you don't need to even look this up on Google, but there is dozens of websites which confirm what I am saying to you here. One study confirmed 40 distinct paint layers within a single painting. Mike you just have to look at the pictures to know the rock-surfaces have been repainted, too fresh and lack of fading of the paint is a deadgive away!

I have heard over the years of other incidents like this, but to my knowledge to date there is no other comprehensive DNA analysis of such a hair. There have definitely been reports of other hairs, though, in other places recovered by other abductees. If you found one on your person, what in all honesty would you do with it? Unless you were an industrial geneticist or a police detective used to working with forensics, how would you find a competent lab, and persuade anyone to analyse it? How would you deal with the obvious questions you might be asked? None of this stuff is supposed to be real, remember.

On the other hand - an analysis was done at the end, it's not like were talking about something impossible. So it almost seems that whatever was behind the incident - it wanted for the hair to be found. Like the phenomenon is toying with the human race. Truly puzzling.

The phenomenon has the tendency to simultaneously be elusive/clandestine and leave certain marks which seem like they could have been omitted. Why would the abductors leave even a single thread of memory if they wanted to remain hidden? People have a UFO experience and missing time. Or remember seeing entities in their room prior to or after an abduction. Is that the human brain hanging onto a traumatic experience or do the super-advanced entities which can pass through walls make mistakes or leave something on purpose?

Back to Khoury: if he Khoury somehow hoaxed it, why would he add the stupid detail of finding the hair around his shlong? It would seem more likely that he would say he found it on the sheets. Such a bizarre case...

Who is this dude? A little pompus and perhaps something more.... I guess he's not understanding Archie might have a stake in this.

I question things what is wrong with that? Archie nothing against him at all far from it, but there is some obvious flaws in the abduction story.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

Kieran said:
I question things what is wrong with that? Archie nothing against him at all far from it, but there is some obvious flaws in the abduction story.

Philip posted this before for those have not seen it. Peter Khoury took a polygraph test and passed, the person who done the test with peter worked with the FBI i think anyway you see all this pan out on video?

Well, duh. That's bound to happen when you've got 90% of "experiencers" likely being me-too personalities and/or having confabulated under hypnosis. But there is a core to the subject stronger than all that noise.

Back