• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Big Bang Busted!

All of you know in your heart of hearts that it is turtles all the way down.

I had some of that in the 70's. Took me two hours to drive two blocks after smoking it. ;) At least the flash backs stopped somewhere around 1989. :cool:

Look, all you guys have missed the point. The answer to the Universe and Everything is so complex ... yet so simple ... dare I give it out here without due compensation? Ah, why not?

Decker

Don, have you ever looked into getting arthur dent as a guest on dmr ? That would be a interesting 2 hours

I did, and I read the article. It's just that it's misleading. It doesn't "bust" the big bang. Article titles like that are just baiting people. There's been an air of silliness in this forum about spirituality and religion as of late, this thread just being the latest.

At the end of the day, whether there's a god, gods, or absolutely nothing other than chemical and biological evolution, what does it change? I'm still going to go home tonight and play with my kid and then relax with my wife, and think that I'm glad to be alive since this is the only shot I get.

You're welcome, Angelo, for the play by play.

I went back and reread the article, and even clicked on a link below the article for more information about Penrose's findings, and I don't find the remotest allusion that it is "baiting people." Baiting them with what? Or is that answered by what follows, which I don't understand either in light of the article: "There's been an air of silliness in this forum about spirituality and religion as of late, THIS THREAD just being the LATEST." Capitals mine.

First of all, there is nothing in the article to have caused you to say the "mythical mumbo jumbo" comment. And there's nothing to imply in the slightest, from my reading, that it is "baiting people." And specifically, what "silliness"? And where on the forum has it been?

Not meant to provoke, I mean these questions honestly. I don't understand how this article Steve linked to has anything remotely to do with all these comments. Thanks. Kim:)

Don, have you ever looked into getting arthur dent as a guest on dmr ? That would be a interesting 2 hours

The last I heard Dent was off somewhere with Ford Prefect, with no idea when they may return. If you hear anything different ... please let me know.

Decker

You did leave put the part "...with a conscious,,,"

If the universe periodically destroys and remakes itself in a collapse explosion cycle that can only be measured in dog years to the umpteenth power, it is very likely she's an altered consciousness. It's a drunken suicidal universe. Explains much eh? Imagine the hangover.

If the universe periodically destroys and remakes itself in a collapse explosion cycle that can only be measured in dog years to the umpteenth power, it is very likely she's an altered consciousness. It's a drunken suicidal universe. Explains much eh? Imagine the hangover.

I'll take you word for it but I never got into sufiism :) o.k. that was a little labored on my part, but you make it very hard for me to be flippant. Good for You!

The reason it matters is because its fraud.........

we need to expose the frauds.

Maybe we all need to be more proactive on exposing these people

We welcome volunteers.
;)

As for the Big Bang my theory is this

Its a cycle, the black holes suck up all the matter , and then gravitate to each other, at some point all that dense matter goes critical and kabooooooom it starts all over again

A supermassive black hole is the largest type of black hole in a galaxy, on the order of hundreds of thousands to billions of solar masses. Most, and possibly all galaxies, including the Milky Way[2] (see Sagittarius A*), are believed to contain supermassive black holes at their centers

"... As for the Big Bang my theory is this
Its a cycle, the black holes suck up all the
matter , and then gravitate to each other, at
some point all that dense matter goes critical
and kabooooooom it starts all over again..."

Mike, if I didn't know better I'd think you were talking about the u.s. house and congress

The reason it matters is because its fraud.........

;)

As for the Big Bang my theory is this

Its a cycle, the black holes suck up all the matter , and then gravitate to each other, at some point all that dense matter goes critical and kabooooooom it starts all over again

there is an intriguing aspect to that in that I understand that even though the universe is expanding, I believe we are on a collision course with andromeda? Being that galaxies are thought to have super massive black holes at their core, you have to wonder what happens when east meets west

there is an intriguing aspect to that in that I understand that even though the universe is expanding, I believe we are on a collision course with andromeda? Being that galaxies are thought to have super massive black holes at their core, you have to wonder what happens when east meets west

My gut instinct says when they have gobbled up most of the matter, the only things left to gravitate towards will be other black holes.

Back