• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

BBC and Rendlesham - again

The fact that it was ASCII makes me tend to believe that human beings originated the message. It seems an improbable method of communication for highly advanced anythings to create a mental image of a binary code that spells out a garbled message in English. Good grief! These beings supposedly travel through time and space but can't pass a decent note in class? What? Really?

The fact that it was ASCII makes me tend to believe that human beings originated the message. It seems an improbable method of communication for highly advanced anythings to create a mental image of a binary code that spells out a garbled message in English. Good grief! These beings supposedly travel through time and space but can't pass a decent note in class? What? Really?

It's only fair to remain open-minded until new information turns up. I still share your point of view there. The whole notion is over-elaborate and relies on the kind of genius we find in average sci-fi. The allegedly alien craft has used mechanical telepathy to send a binary message it had already composed in English. Judging by the problems with translation, it's a piss poor method and inefficient if it needs several levels of communication and translation. Rather than binary symbols...why not alphabetical symbols...in English?

Another doubt is how Penniston and Burrows have been on the circuit together for over 20 years and Burrows hasn't ever seen the contents of this note-book? How could that happen? How could the TV show producers from the 90s who filmed Penniston with his book not notice up to 16 pages of binary code?

On the surface, the whole thing seems absurd, but there's more to the story than just this code. For that reason, I'm keeping as open a mind to the claims as possible.

Here is short video recently uploaded with Jim speaking. Guys I am sticking my neck out on this one, were maybe it best to be stay on the side of caution. We are limited in what know ok, so we all should be careful in what we say from here. But the binary-code that was decoded and shown on tv as far as I know was only a small-number of lines, were Jim claims, he received 12 to 14 pages of this message.

A garbled message hardly train that is not an accurate picture you paint there, and it not improbable method of communication 'binary' is something we use to communicate with space satellites and space-probes. if Jim is telling the truth Train something resembling a different intelligence revealed a location of interest to him, but we don't have the full picture of everything just yet. I've no reasons to defend him I don't know him at all, but the case is important and it one of the best-UFO cases we have, so it sad to see the community getting divided on it now, maybe it was best if he never said anything which is another sad thing to say.

On the surface, the whole thing seems absurd, but there's more to the story than just this code. For that reason, I'm keeping as open a mind to the claims as possible.

I have an open mind about that as well, but I think it is just further evidence that the people involved in the incident had their minds messed with afterward. ASCII!? I say its bad science fiction. Average science fiction would have the aliens play his central nervous system like a Hammond organ and cause him to experience the message as a vision of biblical proportions that he cannot help but communicate to the rest of the world later on public access channels with a religious fervor that scares small children. You have to ask yourself if we are truly dealing with advanced civilizations and superior intelligences why do all the messages come through as either dime-store philosophical ramblings or useless information?

I'm sorry, but the mere fact that this message in binary code is being revealed umpteen years after the incident reeks of ill conceived tinkering. With such purported import and fanfare, this jazz should have been tumpeted from the rooftops at the outset. Anyone familiar with this case has to also be familiar with the fact that this very pattern is the primary reason the skeptics are flaming this case. New details keep conviently emerging years after the fact... And coordinates to a fabled island? Umm...Why is it that everytime an alien intelligence choses to "communicate" it's wrapped in enigmatic garbedly gook? Really, it's like they're ringing the dinner bell for the pack of roaming, foaming skeptics out there. For such advanced creatures, they surely aren't too hip on promoting their cause. Perhaps alien's might considering taking a step backward by learning to use typewriter, or a fucking fax machine.

I'm sorry, but the mere fact that this message in binary code is being revealed umpteen years after the incident reeks of ill conceived tinkering. With such purported import and fanfare, this jazz should have been tumpeted from the rooftops at the outset. Anyone familiar with this case has to also be familiar with the fact that this very pattern is the primary reason the skeptics are flaming this case. New details keep conviently emerging years after the fact... And coordinates to a fabled island? Umm...Why is it that everytime an alien intelligence choses to "communicate" it's wrapped in enigmatic garbedly gook? Really, it's like they're ringing the dinner bell for the pack of roaming, foaming skeptics out there. For such advanced creatures, they surely aren't too hip on promoting their cause. Perhaps alien's might considering taking a step backward by learning to use typewriter, or a fucking fax machine.

Jim said, he will be allowing the paper and ink to be tested for analyse. Parts of the binary- code have not yet been released until further research takes place. What that means is we should get a date an actual time when Jim sat down and put the binary-codes in his notebook! If he put them in there 2009 0r in the last ten years the credibility of what he claims is blown, but if he put those codes back when the experience happened it will quash the hoax claims.

Latest set from the reunion:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

The latest twist to the story kind of an update. Linda Moulton Howe, had her own analysis done. She contacted a retired American Astronomer Micheal Reed, and a former astrophysicist Horace R Drew, to see what they taught and get back to her. Well both of these men have come back with a whole set of new-ordinates, and the new-ordinates points to the town center of Woodbridge England.

Howe explains on her website. The Ancient-Alien series latitude and longitude was further of the coast of Ireland, the difference appears to be related to the fact that some of Jim Penniston zeros and ones were not perfectly clear.

At this stage and pardon my language that is crock of s--- I have seen some of the pages while spacing is a slight problem. I could clearly see the 1's and O's on the pages provided, never heard of someone mixing up 1 with 0 AND 0 with a 1. I need to hear a better reason for why the -co-ordinates are wrong then this lame attempt.

It obvious to me. These two-experts are putting a decimal point in places to get a result, that Linda has on her website. I seem to be the only person noticing this. I personally have no problem accepting the co-ordinates are wrong, but the reason has to be a good one. Some of the other pages are still being decoded, and been tested. So we should receive new information soon that will shed more light on this affair.

It all seems to be getting mix up. Maybe they should of left it alone in the first place? I can't not help thinking of Dr S........L........... with his claw hand:) and hanging on in apprehension while stopping his feet! :) :)

It all seems to be getting mix up. Maybe they should of left it alone in the first place? I can't not help thinking of Dr No with his claw hand:) and hanging on in apprehension while stopping his feet! :) :)

Hi, Kieran:

The issue is that the entire sequence of zeros and ones that Penniston wrote in his notebook do not neatly break down from beginning to end in neat groups of 8 digits - there was some interpretation when there were some extra digits - thus perhaps the difference in lat and long between Woodbridge and the ocean west of Ireland.

Linda Moulton Howe
Science/Environment Reporter and Editor
Earthfiles.com Headline News

I sent her a Email yesterday and this what she replied to me with. I pasted it in from by Email.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

It all seems to be getting mix up. Maybe they should of left it alone in the first place? I can't not help thinking of Dr S........L........... with his claw hand:) and hanging on in apprehension while stopping his feet! :) :)

This whole affair is getting messy, it open to interpretation were this co-ordinates are pointing to. The only thing we know for sure the location is in the british isles!

Cheers : Kieran and the Penniston co-ordinates what significates does it suggests ?

What does this location have regards civil , military etc ?

Why give a co-ordinates and from who?

Why is it that everytime an alien intelligence choses to "communicate" it's wrapped in enigmatic garbedly gook? Really, it's like they're ringing the dinner bell for the pack of roaming, foaming skeptics out there.

Because all such things are the products of a counter-intelligence operation?

Jim said, he will be allowing the paper and ink to be tested for analyse. Parts of the binary- code have not yet been released until further research takes place. What that means is we should get a date an actual time when Jim sat down and put the binary-codes in his notebook!

While that is probably good to know it doesn't really say much about the real origin of the message or the quality of the information it contains. If all of these guys were drugged and hypnotized by Military Intelligence (or whoever) as they report then this strange message story seems explainable.

ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) code was first published in 1963. The code has undergone various revisions and perhaps an analysis of the message could pinpoint what revision of the code was used. If the paper/ink test were to indicate it was written prior to the creation of the particular revision of the code it contains it would make help make the case for time traveling saucer pilots.

Has anyone seen where the entirety of the code has been published or read anything about the plans for doing so?

While that is probably good to know it doesn't really say much about the real origin of the message or the quality of the information it contains. If all of these guys were drugged and hypnotized by Military Intelligence (or whoever) as they report then this strange message story seems explainable.

ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) code was first published in 1963. The code has undergone various revisions and perhaps an analysis of the message could pinpoint what revision of the code was used. If the paper/ink test were to indicate it was written prior to the creation of the particular revision of the code it contains it would make help make the case for time traveling saucer pilots.

Has anyone seen where the entirety of the code has been published or read anything about the plans for doing so?

The idea we can gain nothing from this message, will depend on the veracity of the claims been made here. I'm holding back lot here, because allegedly we have not got the full message, decoded yet. I honestly am little suspicious of the what is going on here, well you'd have to be over the length of time, this new-evidence was kept in the dark from the public who are interested in this case. You've have brought up some interesting points in your post, and well this can tie into what blowfish was asking me who and why would an intelligence give Jim co-ordinates. Honest answer I don't know! But if Jim is being truthful, then the testing of his note-book paper and the ink should by right confirm, he indeed, put the binary-codes down into his note-book on 27th of Dec 1980, thirty years plus and this should least ease some fears this is a hoax.

That theory is interesting I'm not expert on binary-code, but if that theory of yours has merit, you should pass it on to people involved in this case. Often when doing research the smallest things can be overlooked and not noticed. Your theory is an example of that maybe? No Train as far as I am aware nobody outside of the inner circle of this case has seen the rest of the message, not sure it has been decoded yet, but I say, it been looked at now that I have no doubt personally.

The message is useless without having the whole-read out to look at. I don't care if the co-ordinates wind up in the Highlands of Scotland, as long as they do the decoding correctly, it gone a bit messy already with different experts arguing over were the co-ordinates point to. They'd need to ask a couple of independent-neutral binary experts, if they'd look over these codes for them, and what do they think?

To say this binary code business makes me suspicious of Penniston is an understatement. What will it be next? Maybe in 10 more years he'll claim to have a chunk of the vehicle.

Dear Colleagues.

This is the continuation of my previous reports available here:
http://tinyurl.com/5vlojdf, http://tinyurl.com/6g6byqu, http://tinyurl.com/6er7vvc

Also this article is a good companion piece for my report:
http://tinyurl.com/2wanydu

The whole package of audio files is now available in 4 parts (every part is rared-use Winrar to extract audio files after download) – every part has an episode guide:

Those are the parts with download links:

01. Rendlesham Prelude Shows
Download link:
http://tinyurl.com/6xjfmw2

02. Rendlesham Specials
Download link:
http://tinyurl.com/6xbsy4e

03. Rendlesham Reunion Conference Show
Download link:
http://tinyurl.com/6hfd9r9

04. Bonus – Rendlesham Promos & Treehouse Appeal Promos
http://tinyurl.com/64qrtt7

Summary:

After almost 2 and a half months of work I have finally finished processing BBC Suffolk „Mark Murphy Breakfast“ shows that were aired during November and December 2010. Now they are available and preserved for historical record and research purposes. They can also serve as a sample of stereotypical UFO comments and promos for future thesis about media and UFOs. Let’s begin. Every episode of Mark Murphy Breakfast show airs from Monday to Saturday. The length of each episode is 3 hours. In total, 49 shows were processed and approximately 195 men hours were invested in this project (conservative estimate). I had to process every episode and to edit audios only with Rendlesham and UFO references.

On 1st November 2010 BBC Suffolk started to air promos for their big radio special on Rendlesham, scheduled for December 17, 2010. Station even created 26 promos for the show that were aired almost every day. Finally on December 17, long awaited special “Rendlesham Revealed” was aired. Mark Murphy proposed a theory that on a first night of the incident, dummy Apollo Capsule was allegedly dropped in the forest by a helicopter from 67th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron based at RAF Woodbridge. “Third night” is explained with helicopter’s return because soldiers decided to pick the capsule back. Theory is proposed as a solution for the whole incident. Unfortunately (or fortunately) for BBC, story about Rendlesham was not over. As the end of December was approaching, new event appeared as a news item. 30th Anniversary conference known as “Rendlesham Reunion” was scheduled on 28th December 2010 at Community Hall in Woodbridge, Suffolk with primary witnesses Jim Penniston and John Burroughs. The event itself opened up a new cycle of local news so BBC Suffolk had to report on Rendlesham again.

One day before the conference - 27th December 2010 - BBC Suffolk decided to air highlights from Rendlesham Special that already aired on 17th December (show with proposed theory of dummy Apollo capsule). But on 28th December, Mark Murphy visited himself the Rendlesham Reunion event where he interviewed John Burroughs and prepared new radio piece for his show on 29th December. Mark asked him about Apollo capsule theory and Burroughs gave this reply:

Burroughs: “The fact that the airfield was shut down, the fact that you would hear helicopter lift off, we would know for helicopter lift off, I can honestly tell you straight up there was no helicopter activity. Now, on the third night with colonel Halt, because I came out after it already started, I can’t tell what was going on the airfield but I did not hear any helicopters at any time.”

At the end Mark Murphy gave this comment on his show on 29th December:

“…So you know, they are keen 30 years on to say 'Look I am sorry but this is what happened'…So the truth may still be out there, maybe we find it, maybe we haven’t, we’ll have to do Rendlesham Revealed Revisited part 2 at some point I suspect…Jim Penniston…claims that he and…who I am to argue, I wasn’t there…claims (Penniston) that he touched the craft…”

Aftermath of the Rendlesham Reunion event:
- Woodbridge Community Hall was packed with more then 400 people
- Rendlesham Reunion event raised more then 2000 pounds for a noble cause - Treehouse Appeal is a project to build new hospice in Ipswich for life-threatened children and their families in Suffolk & North Essex (for more info download 4th part with promos and bonus material about Treehouse Appeal).

I have decided to split the project in 4 parts. Those are the description of those parts where you can find those interviews and clips (download links at the top of this post):

Part 1 – Rendlesham Prelude Shows
Prelude shows between November 1st and December 17th that kept the tension for the Special show “Rendlesham Revealed”
- Portion of Charles Halt's tape broadcasted
- Interview with Terry Hunt, editor from East Anglian Daily Times
- Interview with presenter David Whiteley from BBC Inside Out Show.
- Special interview with Philip Mantle, editor of UFO Matrix magazine.
- Evening at Rendlesham Forest - interview with Brenda Butler
- Interview with journalist Keith Baebey who wrote article that broke the Rendlesham story in „News of the World“
- Interview with Grant Lohoar – National Trust Countryside Manager East Suffolk
- Interview with Keith Seaman, lighthouse attendant talks about lighthouse theory
- Evening at Rendlesham Forest and survey with participants

Part 2 – Rendlesham Specials (original 2-hour version from December 17th and Highlights 1-hour version):
Featured in the show:
- Graham Haynes, Manager of Bentwaters Cold War Museum
- Brenda Butler
- Vince Thurkettle, ex forester
- Beverly Plumbridge, witness
- Nigel Turner, forester
- Nick Pope
- Terry Hunt, editor of East Anglian Daily Times
- Evening at Rendlesham Forest and survey with participants
- Portion of Charles Halt's tape
- Robert Salas, UFOs & Nukes
- David King, ex policeman
- Keith Baebey, journalist
- John Mason, British Astronomical Association
- Grant Lohoar – National Trust Countryside Manager East Suffolk
- Keith Seaman, lighthouse attendant
- Kevin Sloane, ex police officer
- Christopher Pennington
- Erroll Frost, Bentwaters Cold War Museum
- War Zone with Simon War – Simon comments Rendlesham Special

Part 3 – Rendlesham Reunion Event – 30th Anniversary Conference
- Interview with Peter Robbins about Rendlesham Reunion event
- Report from Rendlesham Reunion
- Interview with John Burroughs, Gordon Goodger (event organizer), Linda Moulton Howe, Brenda Butler, Dot Street

Part 4 – Bonus
BBC Suffolk 26 promos and Treehouse Appeal promos.

And now the project is finally finished.

Best Wishes.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 AM ----------

By the way, T-Shirts with this logo were sold at the Rendlesham Reunion - earnings went to Treehouse Appeal:

http://tinyurl.com/5rqajnz

:)

To say this binary code business makes me suspicious of Penniston is an understatement. What will it be next? Maybe in 10 more years he'll claim to have a chunk of the vehicle.

The only way a binary code would have any significance is if:

Non humans have spent enough time observing us to decode our primitive digital communications (1980) Octal notation, associated ASCII charts (8 bit), at least one language (english) and how to assemble a coherent message using a sequence of space separated words.
http://www.asciitable.com/

Maybe they intercepted satellite communications, powered on their quantum computers lol and figured out our primitive primer.
http://www.jstor.org/pss/74918

This binary code revelation has got to be one of the weirdest thing I've heard yet lol

To say this binary code business makes me suspicious of Penniston is an understatement. What will it be next? Maybe in 10 more years he'll claim to have a chunk of the vehicle

Something new to add to the mix. Jim Penningston done a full live interview with Angela Joiner, last night, and a few new details have emerged. Now believe or not. The Binary-code was actually revealed in 1994 under Hypnosis. Jim said I knew I had the binary code in my Notebook, but I could not reveal it, since I was under-orders not to reveal anything about this case. I was still in the service until I retired in 1993.. The interview was fast and furious, but it seems the binary code was known about in 1994 and Jim said Linda Howe knew of its existence back in 1994.. It came out then and is mentioned in the transcripts of the Hypnosis session in 1994. He does not know why Howe never asked about them, and why she never got the codes decoded before now, or why she never put any significance in the codes. He was cagey answering questions asked, I think he was been just careful, and not to rush ahead too fast ahead, incase all this will come back and bite him in the ass..

Jim also revealed*

Halt is part of the cover-up. To stop cerain details of the case from emerging to the public, he was vague Jim, but it seems to me he was suggesting, he was reporting back to his superiors even though Halt is now retired! Jim alleges he was contacted by General Williams and got an apologise of sorts, he did not clarify too much on that. But Jim thanked him for getting in touch.Lot came out during the interview. I can't post everything that was said. But I will try to get a link to the show, when it is archived.

According to Jim. Their his opinions. This does not rule it out, that mankind has been visited by non humans.

But Jim does not believe UFO's are Aliens, he does not believe we are dealing with Aliens, just to clarify. He thinks only 2 per cent of reported cases are genuine, the other 98 per cent are fake made up and so on. He said he has an opinion on were the craft came from, but he still working it all out in his head. But he said under Hypnosis the Aliens are "US" Time Travellers he did not clarify from the past or the future. Only that the craft belonged to humans who do go through time.

He said the craft was not doing repairs as some have reported. A reason given for why the craft ended up in the forest. It time slipped to the wrong place it arrived at the wrong location. He mentioned why he taught that, but I forget what he said. The triangle object seen by Jim was a time device allegedly.

*Jim also claims "HY-BRAZIL" was the original location to were the craft should have appeared at. He does not know why the Mythical Island is important for time travellers, but it is his believe that is the correct location.

Jim also hinted there is other co-ordinates yet to be revealed, allegedly that is what the other 9 pages of binary code, not yet released might show up/ Jim says these places might be vortex areas or something window areas to travel through, and will be very important. Jim said also the 98 per cent of fake stuff in ufology is what will prevent us from ever getting meaning to what UFO's are. Lot of people in this field are looking in the wrong direction! Lot more stuff came up, but as soon I get a link I will post or just head over to Angela site and check it out for yourself.

Time travelers! Well it would explain this claim. 'When I had my sighting of an UFO or I saw a being in my room time felt like it slowed down for me'.

The UFO phenomenon is an Earth based phenomenon! Also it may explain the Abduction phenomenon and why Aliens are interested in US so much?

Ok, Explain the beings people are reporting. Well the fact is we can't be sure what is being seen are flesh and blood creatures from another world. If we humans in the future have developed time travel. Then all options should be considered here. Where talking about Humans who travel in time afterall. What would we be capable of in 10,000 years, have we traveled out and met our species on other worlds? I can't imagine what the world we live on today could look like 10,000 years from now. I'm not sold on this idea, but makes lot of sense the more you look at it though.

You have done good recap of the whole show...and yes, I have it and it is archived.
Angelia has recently transfered from Paranormal Radio Network to Inception Radio Network so I am for now not sure will the audio policy change. Before download links were available but I can see that latest two shows (after the transfer)are not available. I can ask her for permission to post it if anyone will be interested in audio.

Back