• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 22, 2012 -- Nancy Talbott

Free episodes:

I just finished the Discovery channel 'Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields' in which some MIT students were tasked to create a formation at night in under 4 hours including the magnetic particles and expulsion cavities.

There is no doubt that the finished formation was excellent quality, especially considering it was a first effort.
My only concern is that to recreate the expulsion cavities they rigged up a microwave generator and wave guide and walked round irradiating the crop.
To manage the magnetic particle part they used a pyrotechnic charge to disperse the particles.

I am looking at circlemakersTV to see if there is an explanation of how they create the particles and cavities. (That is if those things are actually present at all formations?)

One weird thing that must have worried the two examiners - Several seconds into a helicopter flight over the formation the helicopter lost power, plummeted toward earth and was only saved by the pilot quickly auto-rotating. He was mystified! So weird things happen when you make a circle!

I am fine with complex geometry etc and the ability for people to make complex circles, I am undecided with the other strange aspects. The quest continues..

When it comes to obvious hoaxes such as Meier's wedding cake and this German soldier nonsense I cannot be diplomatic.

I don't know Nancy and she could genuinely have been taken in by a clever Hoaxer. I wonder If I gave Robbert a camera and have him use it in my view, will there suddenly be dead relatives minus their lower limbs slightly out of focus?

This access to a computer thing is a major red flag. Holland, 2004 and a man around 30 years old claims to have no access to a computer or unaware what the verb 'googling' is? That is the single part that is hardest to believe! My aunt is a complete techo-phobe and does not surf the net but she knows what 'googling' is and certainly can find someone to scan a book and print out a picture of a German soldier for her to hold in front of a camera!

I just finished the Discovery channel 'Crop Circles: Mysteries in the Fields' in which some MIT students were tasked to create a formation at night in under 4 hours including the magnetic particles and expulsion cavities.

There is no doubt that the finished formation was excellent quality, especially considering it was a first effort.
My only concern is that to recreate the expulsion cavities they rigged up a microwave generator and wave guide and walked round irradiating the crop.
To manage the magnetic particle part they used a pyrotechnic charge to disperse the particles.

I am looking at circlemakersTV to see if there is an explanation of how they create the particles and cavities. (That is if those things are actually present at all formations?)

One weird thing that must have worried the two examiners - Several seconds into a helicopter flight over the formation the helicopter lost power, plummeted toward earth and was only saved by the pilot quickly auto-rotating. He was mystified! So weird things happen when you make a circle!

I am fine with complex geometry etc and the ability for people to make complex circles, I am undecided with the other strange aspects. The quest continues..

Crop Circles are an old phenomenon. The oldest records of crop circles go back to the 16th century. Do i believe they are made by humans YES do i believe some of them are made by nonhuman intelligences No but i am openminded to have my mind changed for me.

Crop Circles are an old phenomenon. The oldest records of crop circles go back to the 16th century. Do i believe they are made by humans YES do i believe some of them are made by nonhuman intelligences No but i am openminded to have my mind changed for me.

There are at least two different phenomena. Simple crop circles referred to as "saucer nests" and "complex crop circles" which are the Spirograph-like creations inspired by Doug and Dave's work.

There are numerous cases of "saucer nests" or soil rings that are closely related to UFO reports, that is one thing, but the large complex crop circles that appear each season is another sort of thing entirely.

Simple crop circles predate complex crop circles which are purely a modern phenomenon from everything I've seen or read.

When it comes to obvious hoaxes such as Meier's wedding cake and this German soldier nonsense I cannot be diplomatic.

I don't know Nancy and she could genuinely have been taken in by a clever Hoaxer. I wonder If I gave Robbert a camera and have him use it in my view, will there suddenly be dead relatives minus their lower limbs slightly out of focus?

This access to a computer thing is a major red flag. Holland, 2004 and a man around 30 years old claims to have no access to a computer or unaware what the verb 'googling' is? That is the single part that is hardest to believe! My aunt is a complete techo-phobe and does not surf the net but she knows what 'googling' is and certainly can find someone to scan a book and print out a picture of a German soldier for her to hold in front of a camera!

I was watching another of his vids last night and while i cant explain how he did it, my reaction was ive had stronger "how the heck did they do that" moments watching stage magicians.

One option ive considered is

Several systems are now available capable of presenting realistic, detailed infrared images or "scenes" into the field of view of the sensors being tested for a selected system. For example, Kenyon U.S. Pat. No. 6,123,288, has developed a system to provide flicker-less projection of infrared scenes

Some digital cameras might pick up such a projection, while no one else sees anything

Not suggesting its how he does some of this stuff, just tossing the idea out there

Thanks mate for posting this. This image proves Robert is a con artist.

How likely is it the German soldier would reappear 50 years later from his death and be in the same exact position as it appears in this photo? The soldier is marching to some unknown destination during the war ( hes not dead in the photo and likely did not die in the position show in the photo during the war or after it if he lived on) It does look like to me a cut and paste job. Nancy obviously has been taken in by this guy and unfortunately she probably will come here again and defend him because to do otherwise she be admitting to her gullibility.

I also don't buy Nancy claim Robert had no computer. (i think she said that) Holland has 100% internet connection in all parts of that country. Its rare to find a young man who never used the internet or a computer.

And with an element from the soldier in front in the scene, what i assume is the water canteen from the soldier in front, is also on the leg of the soldier in Robberts pic......

Its not just a pic of that soldier, its also a pic of a fragment of the kit of the soldier marching in front.

To me the most logical answer is its the same picture

Just finished listening for the second time to the show with Nancy.

Also been spending the last 30 minutes or so looking into these photos.

They clearly look to be bidimensional cutouts. Yet I'm reminded by what Gene points out, namely that Nancy was present when many of these alleged amazing phenomena occurred, and that she was present when Robbert used her camera to snap those photos.

So, it's either all a fake, to which case Nancy is an accomplice, or we have to look at an alternative explanation for these flat superimposed images.

Maybe Chris was spot-on when he mentioned during the interview that the images reminded him of Ted Serios' psychic photographs; I think this might --and I'm stressing the might here-- serve as an explanation

ted.jpg

So maybe all this about the Mudman being published in a Reader's Digest edition and the soldier being found in a book and all the clearly 'Meierian' looking saucers are the actually products of Robbert's subconscious mind which has been influenced by this material, and which he then can project into the digital camera. Like when you have a nightmare of Godzilla or the Terminator chasing you because you stayed up late at night watching TV and gulping too much popcorn.

So, is he the real deal or is he a con artist?

Why not both? ;)

@redpill - the thing about this projection onto the camera thing is that Robbert maintains he never read the book with the photos of the German soldier. So according to him he should not have that image in his mind.
It would indeed be amazing if the image was of that soldier but in a completely different pose as if there was indeed some 'projection' of his 'spirit' or whatever but I am convinced this particular case (the soldier) falls into the category of......'if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck'.

It doesn't look like it resembles a cut-out of the soldier's picture. It looks exactly like it is photo of a scene with someone holding a cut-out of the soldier close the camera.
The very, very least I am willing to grant Robbert (solely on my not being around) is that if he has ever done anything like psychic projection onto photos, then this soldier one is not one of those cases. That is really stretching it to breaking point. But on the soldier......no,no,no...it is a cut-out.

@redpill - the thing about this projection onto the camera thing is that Robbert maintains he never read the book with the photos of the German soldier. So according to him he should not have that image in his mind.
It would indeed be amazing if the image was of that soldier but in a completely different pose as if there was indeed some 'projection' of his 'spirit' or whatever but I am convinced this particular case (the soldier) falls into the category of......'if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck'.

It doesn't look like it resembles a cut-out of the soldier's picture. It looks exactly like it is photo of a scene with someone holding a cut-out of the soldier close the camera.
The very, very least I am willing to grant Robbert (solely on my not being around) is that if he has ever done anything like psychic projection onto photos, then this soldier one is not one of those cases. That is really stretching it to breaking point. But on the soldier......no,no,no...it is a cut-out.

It's definitely a difficult case to defend.

Maybe if we could have a video of one of these photos taken in real time, you know? have a video-camera film Robbert taking the pictures, immediately take the camera away from his hands, and see if anything appears on the image.

I just did a quick experiment with my camera and the TV remote, sure enough if you aim the remote at the camera and use the remote, it "sees" the light which is invisible to the eye.

Would an array of these led's shone through an old photograph negative produce an image on a digital camera ?

essentially this

Pepper Ghost: Early Visual Media - Optical effects - theatre - Phantasmagoria - Victorian

Using an infrared rather than conventional light source

If you were to build one of these

Early Visual Media Archeology

with an infrared light source, only the camera would see the image

This might explain why the flash doesnt go off either........ it would likely swamp out the infrared projection

Los Angeles' Magic Castle has a separate room dedicated to theatrical séances. [1] Their evening séance program entitled, "Demons" is a recreation of a Victorian-era séance replete with mediumistic staples such as table-rapping, slate (writing), spirit photography, eerie inexplicable sounds and many other "psychic" experiments.
Theatrical séance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The conclusion held by most psychical researchers however is that spirit photography is based on fraud. In his book Fifty Years of Psychical Research Price listed many spirit photographers who had been exposed as frauds.[7] Price who had spent most of his life studying psychical phenomena wrote that "There is no good evidence that a spirit photograph has ever been produced."[8]
Spirit photography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Based on some of the other photos, i think its a good bet psychic bob, is a fraud.

Milage will vary of course, but spirit photography has a dubious track record imo

The fact that he is able to pull these stunts off, in view of witness's, who cant tell how its done, is nothing new
Stage magicians and illusionists have been doing it for years

It's pure speculation on my part, but I believe Ms. Talbott may have invested in Robbert so deeply that she now feels her reputation is tied to his; much the same way that Stanton Friedman is wedded to the ETH. It's simply too late for her to backpedal. Personally, I love listening to her stories. I'd really like to hear how she holds up under some tough questioning.

As for crop circles.....well they're a bit silly, aren't they? Maybe our space brothers are beyond pencil and paper but if this is their way of communicating or showing off, I'm not so sure they are worth our time. The goofiness factor of using a farmer's crop to disseminate valuable information is just something I can't reconcile with "higher intelligence".

And why don't we see sand circles in the desert? Could it be because the desert is much less accessible to circle makers? If you want to impress a bunch of humans why not make a circle in the Amazon by folding over a few acres of forest?

The soldier photo is a fake. This means that Robbert faked this photo. It also implies that he has faked other photos...probably ALL of the photos. Perhaps, somewhere along the line, this gentleman had a real psychic experience, or even some "real" events, but all data from him should be thrown out because there are too many questions about his motives based on this clearly faked soldier photo. I would have to say that Nancy Talbott's research should also be thrown out, either because she participates in fakery or is to gullible or deluded to discern good data from bad. It's time to get serious about this field. I was no big fan of the previous co-host of the Paracast but he was usually pretty hard-nosed about this stuff. Come on Gene, Chris, you guys can take it up a notch, right?

It is very much in keeping with the tradition of The Paracast to interview guests who may have questionable claims and hold their feet to the fire. Look through our early history and you'll see interviews with Bill Knell, Sean David Morton and even the notorious Michael Horn. Other shows will have them on and give them a pass. We'll ask the hard questions.

Robbert wasn't on that episode. We let Nancy introduce the claims to our audience (remember a lot of the people who hear The Paracast aren't playing inside ball) and, on the sequel, this week, we'll be focusing on those issues and asking Robbert to explain himself. I think most of you realize, now, what we need to talk about.

I'm impressed you're planning to do a follow-up, especially so fast on the heels of last episode. Please ask the hard questions of Robbert and, I think, all of us on the Forum will be grateful.

Thanks

As continuous as this appears there are lots of moments to create a nice clean edit between the 'look, no pictures on the camera sequence' to the spirit photography moments when he plays back what he's taken. Good hoaxing just takes some good work. It's not hard to keep a tripod in place, swap cards in the camera and return to that first image for the edit.

I cant wait to hear him him try to explain these photos.I also dont think that because we all question him means that Chris needs to think that we are doubting how hard and how much work Nancy has contributed to Ufology.I have heard many times Chris state that we should do the research and question things in this field and we have and many of us have decided that these photos are clearly BS .If they arent then Robert and Nancy will have the chance to prove us wrong .I dont need to be an expert in photography to know that Billys pics were fake and have the feeling that the same applies to this case as well. Cant wait for this episode Im sure it will be a classic!

Back