• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

April 22, 2012 -- Nancy Talbott

Free episodes:

No, it was time for a little traditional investigative journalism. Listen to our follow up discussion next week after you digest the end result.
I dont believe you will put with Nancys claims of Robert either and I am so grateful to have a show like the Paracast that will ask the tough questions.I was just thinking that if David was on this episode along with you it would just be fantastic .I just hope that Chris will question them as much as I expect you will.

I'm not gonna get into the "David" thing but I will say this. Gene is showing a lot of restraint here. Believe me. The person you mention is fine as long as he's the one doing the shouting. But, he doesn't know how to "listen" or respect different ways of looking at an issue. Reminds me of some folks who say "I tell it like I see it." Admirable, until you realize what they really mean. Some of them mean "I tell it like I want you to see it and I brook no backtalk." One way street in other words. Anyway, that's all I got to say about that.

I'm not gonna get into the "David" thing but I will say this. Gene is showing a lot of restraint here. Believe me. The person you mention is fine as long as he's the one doing the shouting. But, he doesn't know how to "listen" or respect different ways of looking at an issue. Reminds me of some folks who say "I tell it like I see it." Admirable, until you realize what they really mean. Some of them mean "I tell it like I want you to see it and I brook no backtalk." One way street in other words. Anyway, that's all I got to say about that.

you nailed it in re to dB. you forgot to mention his constant uttering of "i am the son of a holocaust survivor".
Chris is a far better host than dB could ever have hoped to be.

anyone here listen to the Angry Human podcast? I think he is up to 5 listeners now.

anyone here listen to the Angry Human podcast? I think he is up to 5 listeners now.

Yeah, sad days there. I still go back to older episodes where his edge offered up some healthy doses of doubt - but, he also was guilty of being a believer if he really liked the guest. What I enjoy the most, going over the old episodes are these Biednyisms:

1. My UFO sighting in Caracas
2. Have I told you about my buddy Jeff Ritzman?
3. It all comes back to the movie, Network...
4. There are some things I've seen that I don't want to talk about...
5. I can do Photoshop like a wizard.
6. No Gene, we're not going to commercial!

I could go on, but I must say there was a certain charm about those old angry & happy banter moments between the original two, not that I'm not entertained by the new incarnation that is thankfully not about one host talking about themselves half the time.

It's definitely a "Let me piss on your leg and tell you it's raining." type of feeling that I get from it. The whole thing would actually be funny if it weren't for that.

Trainedobserver, I've never heard the expression before, but I'll never forget it buddy! You got a big laugh from me with that observation.

Trainedobserver, I've never heard the expression before, but I'll never forget it buddy! You got a big laugh from me with that observation.

Its one of Judge judys more prolific quotes

"Dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining"

thumbnail.aspx

While it's true that 'any photo can be faked', there is a difference between 'any photo' and one that is produced by the photoshop equivalent of drawing in crayon. These images are insultingly bad and produced by someone with a very low opinion of their intended audience.

T.O. more than likely "Jawja" cause we say it in Northeast Alabama where I'm from. It goes "Don't piss up my leg and tell me it's raining." ;)

While it's true that 'any photo can be faked', there is a difference between 'any photo' and one that is produced by the photoshop equivalent of drawing in crayon. These images are insultingly bad and produced by someone with a very low opinion of their intended audience.
Or just hanging a paper cut out of something in front of the camera, of course. :)

Just remember that you can only go so far before the guest will just hang up on you -- and you may sense an occasion when it came close. So you have to be respectful, but ask probing questions and get the answers that tell the tale.

Yeah, sad days there. I still go back to older episodes where his edge offered up some healthy doses of doubt - but, he also was guilty of being a believer if he really liked the guest. What I enjoy the most, going over the old episodes are these Biednyisms:

1. My UFO sighting in Caracas
2. Have I told you about my buddy Jeff Ritzman?
3. It all comes back to the movie, Network...
4. There are some things I've seen that I don't want to talk about...
5. I can do Photoshop like a wizard.
6. No Gene, we're not going to commercial!

lol

you missed;

"..why does every one want to see the world in a binary duality of right and wrong, black and white..."
and "..I was the first person to turn him onto Arigo Surgeon of the rusty knife.."

p.s.

DB would have smacked that robert dudes ass back to photoshop tulip land.

The spanking would have been done after the fact. Robbert obviously has difficulty with English, so questions have to be carefully and simply phrased.

Maybe Chris was spot-on when he mentioned during the interview that the images reminded him of Ted Serios' psychic photographs; I think this might --and I'm stressing the might here-- serve as an explanation

ted.jpg

So, is he the real deal or is he a con artist?

Why not both? ;)

Three optical devices that I made a few days after seeing Serios perform.
I was able to produce images similar to those made by Serios

esfig2.jpg

Thoughtography

Serios gets debunked pretty well in this article

Thoughtography

Just adding to information. Here's the "rest of the story." Or at least another side. ;)
Michael Prescott's Blog: Let's get Serios

The writer of the article Mike references, Nile Root, is a photographer and professional medical illustrator who claims to have witnessed Serios first hand and to have produced photographs in front of witnesses similar to Seros' using the method he goes on to describe.

This from page 15,
After seeing the demonstration by Serios I wrote to Dr. Eisenbud --- in part:
. . . I believe the recognizable images, which are unrelated to the existing environment at the time, are produced by Mr. Serios by a combination of short focal length lenses and various kinds of transparencies, which he adroitly conceals in front of a Polaroid camera . . .
Dr. Eisenbud ask me to demonstrate to a "committee" of eight men, all doctors except two, my method of making photographs similar to those made by Serios. I was greeted with skepticism and criticism at the meeting and I realized quickly that debunking was not a popular field to enter. As we sat around a conference table, I did not take five to eight hours to obtain an image; I did not attempt sleight of hand and of course drank no alcoholic beverages.
I did show them how easy it is to make images similar to those produced by Serios.
However, to my surprise, I sat before a group of believers of the paranormal. (I could not fathom the naivete and gullibility of these professional men.)

Back