• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Any Evidence of Authentic Predictions?

I've had mundane dreams before that have actually "happened." I also can't give winning lottery numbers or tell the future. I often think that it's like "God" is cleaning out the system. ;) Could it be (and no, this isn't an original thought on my part) that we have lost something along the evoluctionary trail or something is dormant now that we don't need it for survival in this world? I have had this happen throughout my life and yet it has not been earth shattering. Anyway, it's just another piece of the puzzle.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's an evolutionary based loss. I'd call it a culturally based loss like so many of our other human abilities. But frankly I'd say that it's probably that the ability to predict future events is next to useless. If the events seen are going to happen what does it matter if you foresee them or not. Of course one could borrow from the Kung Fu Panda movie, "One often meets one's destiny while trying to run away from it." or something like that.

Deja vu is more the "remembering" of future events or maybe it is like you propose, the remembering of prophetic dreams that you didn't realize you had until the event happens. I like that idea.

I maintain that the paranormal is far more normal than we realize. We just keep expecting something grandiose. So much so that we explain the less dramatic events as tricks of the mind or simple misunderstanding.

I've had mundane dreams before that have actually "happened." I also can't give winning lottery numbers or tell the future. I often think that it's like "God" is cleaning out the system. ;) Could it be (and no, this isn't an original thought on my part) that we have lost something along the evoluctionary trail or something is dormant now that we don't need it for survival in this world? I have had this happen throughout my life and yet it has not been earth shattering. Anyway, it's just another piece of the puzzle.

Most lotteries will not allow lottery winners to re-enter the contests, as there is history of past lottery winners who have speculated the winning numbers more than twice.

kronoz

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it's an evolutionary based loss. I'd call it a culturally based loss like so many of our other human abilities. But frankly I'd say that it's probably that the ability to predict future events is next to useless. If the events seen are going to happen what does it matter if you foresee them or not. Of course one could borrow from the Kung Fu Panda movie, "One often meets one's destiny while trying to run away from it." or something like that.

The ability to change future events as result of having foreseen the future is dependant upon the number of things, in my opinion.

Below, is a post that I posted on another board two years ago....

Wings,

>Getting enough people discernibly aware could be the problem

Yes and no. Yes, the many minds involved, if they were to change or alter their
consciousness will in fact change the event, but not in the manner one might suspect.

There exists a mutual energy template which exists only in one place, everywhere.
This energy template is Super-Conscious, --it is sub-divided into stations of
consciousness known as "Sephira". The 'template' is the Tree-Of-Life. The TOL manifests as ten Sephira, they 'appear' as brightly illuminated colored spheres, each of which operate as stations-of-consciousness. Each 'station' has its own unique consciousness which is an element that makes up the 'quality' of the whole of one's consciousness. It is in these stations where our Kharmic (Skt) crystalizations are recorded, are known in the Vedas as "Akashic Records" and in Hebrew as MZL (prn "MahtzLaH"). Envision tape recorders which individually record each of the ten-stations/Sphiroth of one's actions, when vibratory conditions are resonant, the recorder plays back the fractal reality. Our time-lines are generated dynamically by the playing back of these Samskaric crystalizations...Kharma. Since our energy-template/Tree-Of-Life exists as a 'cloudy' reflection of the One-Template all those who have similar resonate Samskaric residue, together vibrate/create a mutual resonate time-line. It is content of the recording which need be changed.

Simply thinking about 'it' will not alter the event, but rather all the creators of the
time-line must de-crystalize the Kharmic conditions they individually recorded, for its
their actions that create the time-line.

kronoz

Depends on a number things. The ability to change future as result of having foreseen the future is dependant upon the number of folks who are resonant with the time-line they created. If each of the them are able to change their behaviors, the group may alter the time-line, in my opinion.

To look at it in a more mundane way. All things in the universe as we know it have a set of properties. Those set of properties dictate how they will behave in any given interaction. Knowing those properties you could predict the subjects future in any given interaction. However As sentient beings we can (at least to a degree) affect the outcome of such an interaction. So in that sense yes since we can foresee the potential out come then we can alter it.

On the other hand we as sentient beings have properties that dictate the likely outcome of our interactions. So even if we see a future outcome we are probably likely to cause it to happen just by our natures even if we wanted to do otherwise. Or more plainly put. You would at least have to know all the information relevant about the cause of the specific future event to even have a hope in changing it. It's not enough to know that someone predicted you'd wear a red shirt Thursday. You'd need to know why you were wearing a red shirt Thursday to be able to change it. You maybe wearing it Thursday because you forgot to do laundry and the only thing you have left is a red shirt. With that information you could then do the laundry and make sure you have a different color shirt. However maybe a series of events unknown to you makes it impossible to do laundry before Thursday leaving you only with a red shirt to wear.

In all honesty I often switch between my believe in free will and my believe in pre-determination.

Also I would say that the future wasn't foreseen if what was predicted didn't happen regardless of why it didn't.

Thanks for making me think about.

Actual evidence? No. Proof for myself? Yes.

Many years ago, around age 14 or so, I was going down to the other end of Scotland to visit a friend and his family. I had never been in the area of his town, let alone in it or near his house.
I am not sure if what happened was deja-vu or a dream realised etc but while walking from the train station to his house, a couple of streets short of our destination I was struck by an incredibly strong feeling of deja-vu, which I'd experienced before but this time was very different.
I actually stopped walking and stated to my friend that I had a picture in my head of what the next two streets were going to look like. I then described more than a few unique features of some houses and gardens that were as yet unrevealed to me. My friend did not aid or interrupt me but at the end of my speech he confirmed what I was saying was exactly right.
We then rounded the corner (I was still within the deja-vu feeling) and those things I had described came into view and matched the image in my head.
This was long before google earth etc. I had seen no maps or photos of anywhere in this small town - nothing. My friend had never described any of it to me previously (otherwise that may have been an acceptable explanation), it was not a well-known place and also I had a rock-solid image of the next street in my head for a full 20 seconds prior to seeing it for real, which is very unlike normal deja-vu.
If there is a rational explanation, i'll happily take it. Years after the event I still cannot fathom it though I came to the idea some time ago that there was nothing paranormal about the event per-se but maybe just sometimes space and time bend a little, giving us little glimpses into the future.
These glimpses though I think we cannot alter, so no lottery-winning etc I think in that case you may see yourself a little in advance checking your numbers and seeing them not come in, but you would have still no chance to actually change anything. Maybe that is possilbe in another way, I certainly subscribe to the infinte-universe theory.
In fact, every time you leave your home and choose to go left or right, the rest of your life from that point may be vastly different overall, whilst still keeping many of the same things. So I think all day, every day we get little chances to decide little things that lead to huge changes, every one of these decisions could have been different and could have been a different outcome etc.
Timetravel paradoxs need not exist with the infinite universe theory.

Deja vu is more the "remembering" of future events or maybe it is like you propose, the remembering of prophetic dreams that you didn't realize you had until the event happens. I like that idea.

I maintain that the paranormal is far more normal than we realize. We just keep expecting something grandiose. So much so that we explain the less dramatic events as tricks of the mind or simple misunderstanding.

My thinking on deja vu in the past was that it might be something to do with parallel worlds, maybe the occurrence that led to deja vu had in another universe already happened so for whatever reason when it happened in this universe we are able to tap into the multiverse and remember it. Then I started thinking why would it have happened in another universe, shouldn't we be synced up? I guess there could be some time difference between universes but for right now at least I'm leaning toward the dream coming true theory to explain it.

For those that believe a prediction wil come true, it does.
For those that believe a prediction will not come true, it doesn't.

God exists for those that believe in him.
God does not exist for those that don't believe in him.

UFO's are ET craft for those that believe they are.
UFO's are not ET craft for those that believe they are not.

Can you see a pattern?
I disagree with this statement drawing from my own premonitions that come to me in dreams...however, I am a firm "believer" in thinking that whatever or whomever you believe in gives you that power you need but don't believe you have...(unless yo do, and then you own your own power ;)) And no, I did not believe that because I had these dreams that they would come true, quite the opposite actually. I couldn't interpert dreams from visions for a very long time, they seemed to feel the same. Now, I can tell them apart. And even still, I do not believe they will come true, because I think the reason for these visions (or at least some of them) are to allow me time to alter a particualr outcome or rather as a warning of things that could come. I choose whether to alter them or not depending on the impact it would make to me and others and also the level of control I may actually have over the situation. But they have always been accurate if unaltered and allowed to play out.
As for deja vu, I'm still on the fence. I have had this many times and sometimes it is so inconsequential it makes me wonder how it could be from another universe OR a prophetic dream that I just don't recall until it happens. You know , like you drop your hotdog and catch it (deja vu, this has happened before) or you're speaking to someone on a random topic that is silly and meaningless but you guessed it , deja vu! It's strange to think that this is something we need to pay closer attention to or that happened in our "other" reality just exactly the same yet moments or how ever long before the event here. Deja vu simply just still puzzles me greatly, though I do enjoy it.

Actual evidence? No. Proof for myself? Yes.

Many years ago, around age 14 or so, I was going down to the other end of Scotland to visit a friend and his family. I had never been in the area of his town, let alone in it or near his house.
I am not sure if what happened was deja-vu or a dream realised etc but while walking from the train station to his house, a couple of streets short of our destination I was struck by an incredibly strong feeling of deja-vu, which I'd experienced before but this time was very different.
I actually stopped walking and stated to my friend that I had a picture in my head of what the next two streets were going to look like. I then described more than a few unique features of some houses and gardens that were as yet unrevealed to me. My friend did not aid or interrupt me but at the end of my speech he confirmed what I was saying was exactly right.
We then rounded the corner (I was still within the deja-vu feeling) and those things I had described came into view and matched the image in my head.
This was long before google earth etc. I had seen no maps or photos of anywhere in this small town - nothing. My friend had never described any of it to me previously (otherwise that may have been an acceptable explanation), it was not a well-known place and also I had a rock-solid image of the next street in my head for a full 20 seconds prior to seeing it for real, which is very unlike normal deja-vu.
If there is a rational explanation, i'll happily take it. Years after the event I still cannot fathom it though I came to the idea some time ago that there was nothing paranormal about the event per-se but maybe just sometimes space and time bend a little, giving us little glimpses into the future.
These glimpses though I think we cannot alter, so no lottery-winning etc I think in that case you may see yourself a little in advance checking your numbers and seeing them not come in, but you would have still no chance to actually change anything. Maybe that is possilbe in another way, I certainly subscribe to the infinte-universe theory.
In fact, every time you leave your home and choose to go left or right, the rest of your life from that point may be vastly different overall, whilst still keeping many of the same things. So I think all day, every day we get little chances to decide little things that lead to huge changes, every one of these decisions could have been different and could have been a different outcome etc.
Timetravel paradoxs need not exist with the infinite universe theory.
Perhaps what you had experienced was memory of astral projection or an out of body experience? I did this for teh first time at the age of 7. I did not recall the obe, but the morning after my family went to Gettysburg to learn of the civil war in that area (educational field trip for the family) . When we got to the house that you walk through as part of the tour I suddenly knew everything we would see next, I began telling my parents what would be in the next room before we approached it and was correct 100 % of the time...I later realized this as my first obe.
So perhaps this can explain how you knew what to expect around the next corner too.
Peace.

I never have had an obe. I went into another dimension when I was 11 years old. It was a dimension I entered through my mind. I have never had my mind leave my body in this dimension.

You should try it, it's amazing!!!! :D
I can't make it happen on demand, whatever it was I experienced when I was 11. I was being pulled into this gold colored energy field. It was like a non-physical dimension. I could sense with my mind, not hear, this powerful roaring energy. Ever since then I have believed there is more to reality than can be measured by science.

Well, you could with practice. And I agree that there is more to reality than meets the eye or that "modern" science can prove YET, indeed! I can give you some tips if you want to try obe, perhaps I should start a new thread on the subject....

Well, you could with practice. And I agree that there is more to reality than meets the eye or that "modern" science can prove YET, indeed! I can give you some tips if you want to try obe, perhaps I should start a new thread on the subject....
Go for it. Do you know anything about white light being emitted by UFOs?

I'd be interested too.

I had one OBE and this somehow morphed into an alien abduction type event (though I was not really aware of such things then). To this day I kind of believe the OBE part but think the abduction was a dream or something.

I've never had one since so if it is possible to make them happen I would certainly try.

You do all realize that everything you are talking about is happening in your mind. No matter how real it seems, it all falls apart under close scrutiny. It's a mix of confirmation bias, the law of extremely large numbers (Law of large numbers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), and The Texas Sharpshooter fallacy(Texas sharpshooter fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

However, even though it is explained through human psychology, it does not make it any less interesting. I do realize that no matter what I say, some of you will insist that premonitions are possible, and that's cool - for that, see "The Backfire Effect."

The Backfire Effect | The Paracast Community Forums

Angleo - I totally agree but that may be beside the point? I think most of us agree that reality is so hard to pin down. I had an OBE and an 'abduction' thing which I fully accept are from my mind. But they were good!
If astral projection is all in the mind I'm still happy to give it a go!

Back