• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Announcing Our Listener's Roundtable

I have a question, and that is, have any of you ever interacted with what may be considered as unearthly entities. Aliens, ghosts, or anything in between?

I have a question, and that is, have any of you ever interacted with what may be considered as unearthly entities. Aliens, ghosts, or anything in between?
For 20 years I was subjected to torture by a horrible beast, every waking moment was filled with terror. So I got divorced.

Although the truth can sometimes hurt, I do not believe that it should be subverted it into a weapon with the intent of hurting anyone. There are many good people who are simply at different points along the same path we are. Clearly however there are others who are not so innocent. Therefore we must be discerning. It would be a mistake to paint everyone with the same brush. Is this not worth some consideration?

Its all relative i guess

A long read, but in the end Michael Horn got banned

Michael Horn & The Billy Meier Contacts | The Paracast Community Forums

So you are not likely to have to suffer him or his ilk telling you your views on Ufology are wrong, and that all the answers can be found via their prophet the one armed bandit billy meier.

For what its worth, i dont consider i mock people per say, but rather the absurd notions they cling to.
Noahs ark being a point in case.

You can imo only laugh at the proposition all the races of man, and all the animals on the planet came out of a single boat.
Its a story worthy of derision and mockery for its patently obvious faults in fact and logic

Making a laughing stock of such things is a valid way to counter them, and comedians like George Carlin made a living doing just that, while at the same time striking a blow for logic and reason.

Personally i dont see why seperating wheat from chaff needs to be done with a straight face, i'm happy to have a laugh as i go

If not mistaken, about a year ago, posted on a thread, (in which I cannot remember), Mr. Pixelsmith, and Mr.Observer were engaged in dialogue. Uri Geller’s name came up, and Mr. Pixelsmith described an encounter he, (or perhaps someone else he knew), had with Mr. Geller. There was something about a timepiece which stopped running. I hope I have this correct, because I’d like to hear about it.

If not mistaken, about a year ago, posted on a thread, (in which I cannot remember), Mr. Pixelsmith, and Mr.Observer were engaged in dialogue. Uri Geller’s name came up, and Mr. Pixelsmith described an encounter he, (or perhaps someone else he knew), had with Mr. Geller. There was something about a timepiece which stopped running. I hope I have this correct, because I’d like to hear about it.

SRL - I'm getting the impression you haven't realised the show was already taped? It was yesterday 11am Mountain time. There wasn't a particularly long notice period and anyway, it went well and everyone got plenty opportunity to have a say quite evenly. Gene as master of ceremonies did a smooth job of arranging all - it was very easy and relaxed to take part in and definitely a nice memory to have, however the show is perceived. I can't see any reason it won't be an good show considering it included people unused to any form of broadcasting.

My brain froze every time I was asked a question. I probably sounded like a brain damaged norwegian... oh wait... I am... anyway... Gene and Chris were awesome hosts and made things go very very smoothly. I was also very impressed with the articulate and intelligent replies from my co-guests. I am honored to have shared that time with them and wish I had even half the verbal skills they exhibited.

Actually Pixel I was pleasantly surprised at all the info you had at your beckon, especially about the environmental stuff. If it was all off the cuff then it came out well. I reckon all of us have thought, 'I wish I had said more or not stuttered there,' but probably when it's got the advert breaks filled and Gene trims a few bits, I think it might sound pretty good. I for one was genuinely interested in hearing what you guys all said. There was nowhere else I'd rather have been. If I'd turned down the opportunity, I'd have regretted it forever, no matter how I come across to the listeners!

Did Chris let any of you guys cut to the commercial break with your own version of "The Paracast..." ?

Its all relative i guess...

Making a laughing stock of such things is a valid way to counter them, and comedians like George Carlin made a living doing just that, while at the same time striking a blow for logic and reason.

Personally i dont see why seperating wheat from chaff needs to be done with a straight face, i'm happy to have a laugh as i go

I agree with laughter at the delusional, and appreciate the Horn, Greer, Meier, Heaven's Gate connections that have appeared along this theme. However in another thread religious belief was equated to the Nazis. I thought that mockery on that level was actually hateful. Nazis were fascists who committed genocide, while many irrational religious practices are just a bunch of folk trying to be good people, volunteers, charity bazaar fundraising types trying to make their communities a better, more peaceful place. I feel that type of comparison demeans genocide and a history of fascist atrocities. I don't get the vitriolic responses sometimes.

The spectrum of religious delusional thought is a wide one deserving of measured responses.

Its all relative i guess ... A long read, but in the end Michael Horn got banned So you are not likely to have to suffer him or his ilk telling you your views on Ufology are wrong.
Wow ... that's all pretty crazy, however I think there is a big difference between someone who behaves that way and truly good kindhearted people who have some religious belief or another. Even if the opposition engages in uncalled for attacks it doesn't require that one return fire. But at the same time, there is some rationale that a victim of such attacks is at some point justified in responding with something more pointed; and when deserving of such, a well crafted bit of mockery or satire can serve as an eye opener, or even add an element of humor.

I'm also not being critical of anyone in particular here either, and I've not felt that any posts here deserve to be reported. I'm certainly not trying to encourage any censorship or deny any freedom of expression either. My primary motivation is largely biased. Thanks to those over on the JREF forum, I know what it's like to engage in something with the best of intentions only to be bombarded with mockery and ridicule. It takes it's toll in a way that no well meaning person deserves, so I feel some personal responsibility to try to keep my dialogue clean and fair and encourage others to do the same.
For what its worth, i don't consider i mock people per say, but rather the absurd notions they cling to. Noah's ark being a point in case. You can imo only laugh at the proposition all the races of man, and all the animals on the planet came out of a single boat. Its a story worthy of derision and mockery for its patently obvious faults in fact and logic. Making a laughing stock of such things is a valid way to counter them, and comedians like George Carlin made a living doing just that, while at the same time striking a blow for logic and reason. Personally i dont see why seperating wheat from chaff needs to be done with a straight face, i'm happy to have a laugh as i go.
I find Carlin hilarious because I agree with him and there is a saying that, in any good humor there is an element of truth. So I absolutely appreciate what you are saying. It's also good to hear that your intentions aren't aimed at the people themselves but to shed light on the absurdity of the concepts. I don't think you really want to be a mean person, but sometimes what we think is funny can hurt others without our realizing it, and that won't usually help to convey what we're trying to get across. It will usually drive them into an even harder position. Now all that being said, I'm not entirely innocent either, and I'm similarly non-apologetic ... so my intent here isn't to cast judgment but to encourage discretion.

For 20 years I was subjected to torture by a horrible beast, every waking moment was filled with terror. So I got divorced.
Well, just take comfort in knowing that lightning usually doesn’t strike twice..., in the same spot, that is.

When we speak of discussing religion in 21st century America, what we are really talking about is the mixture of religion and politics. This is a toxic mix and always will be.

Back