• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Aaron Kaplan show

Holy lord. Not trying to dig up old Paracast ghosts, but I can think of a certain someone that would not have been as professional as Gene and Chris, even when the absurd got even more absurd with this guy. Well done guys.

But I have to say, while I find this type of podcast interesting in its own right for reasons mentioned by Gene earlier, they really just make me want to cringe. On with the insightful, educated, clear headed guests please!!!

WOW. I'll give this guy one thing, he's unflappable.

Fire From The Sky pdf here
http://abundanthope.net/artman/uploads/fire_from_the_sky_contact-pjs.pdf
I'm thinking this is the book he was referring too.
On page 156:
"In the Julius and Ethel Rosenberg atomic espionage trials, they spoke of “warships of
space”. Since they had access to top secret information, about what were they talking?"

I kind of wish he had been left to him ramble a bit more. Sometimes when a guy is truly loony that's the most interesting thing to do. But understand Gene and Chris' need to press him for some evidence.

Roro,

You bring up an interesting point here. Just how far does a host go before he or she must insist that the evidence be presented along with the fluff?

Even though I outlined how it is that Gene and Chris do this, I would love to hear how long it takes for the stepping in and verification process to take place.....

And the reason why I ask this points well toward Kaplan's diatribe. In his case we found the nonsense almost overwhelming to say the least....but during other past guest appearances, a coffee break was all they were allowed.

My guess would be the "entertainment" aspect of it all is questioned and merited in the decision, something I would ascertain is pretty hard to decide upon unless the guest is a complete science fiction writer of sorts.

I kind of like Gene's suggestion at the end. Maybe the guy is just having fun being creative with conspiracies and extrapolations. After all, he never seemed put off by being so acutely criticized. Actually, his whole theory is kind of attractive when looked at as a kind of "believe it or not" entertainment. Chris, too, admired his "out of the box" thinking.

WOW. I'll give this guy one thing, he's unflappable.

Fire From The Sky pdf here
http://abundanthope.net/artman/uploads/fire_from_the_sky_contact-pjs.pdf
I'm thinking this is the book he was referring too.
On page 156:
"In the Julius and Ethel Rosenberg atomic espionage trials, they spoke of “warships of
space”. Since they had access to top secret information, about what were they talking?"

I kind of wish he had been left to him ramble a bit more. Sometimes when a guy is truly loony that's the most interesting thing to do. But understand Gene and Chris' need to press him for some evidence.
Actually he was about as rambling as Andy Colvin just with a south american accent.But I am curious about the "Warships of space " thing.

Sometimes I am so incredibly mystified and discouraged by the absolute unbridled insanity that the subject matter of UFOs manages to generate.

I have to say this one was really out there. Kudos Gene and Chris for your job well done. I really cant believe this guy thinks hes the only one with this kind of secret information. Sad to say he may very well be mentally ill. Just a thought.

Jesus and Buddha in a disco! That was the most mind numbing podcast I've ever listened to (and I've listened to some serious cerebral novacane ), while paradoxically also being an excellent mindfulness exercise.

Chris and Gene should get combat pay for that one.

Halfway through I started seeing this in my mind's eye:

(go to 8:00. Classic)

But it wasn't a complete waste. It was very instructive on the power of belief that this guy is taking stuff that has no corroboration, logical chain of thought, deductive or inductive reasoning whatsoever, and through the filtering power of his reality distortion field, turning it into fact. That he then can't verify or even attempt to. And then he would say things and contradict what he just said... in the same sentence! Holy contradictory thought process Batman!

Okay, I've now officially given this more energy than necessary or needed. I'm done.

Chris & Gene, please have someone on next that can string two sentences together in a coherent sequence. The cosmic scales must be balanced again! :)

Talk about CRAZY! I loved when he could hear Chris laughing.I have my own theory about this guy.Sean David Morton,Steven Greer and George Noory were all abducted and had their DNA taken and combined and then the Greys went back in time and create the insane creature known as Aaron Kaplan ! This was the funniest and at the same time hardest to listen to episode in a long time.I agree you guys should receive medals and combat pay for this one :) Thanks guys !

It was a matter of time and scheduling, but we also wanted to use Aaron as an object lesson of people who present wacky viewpoints without evidence. He's one of many, and, having read part of the book, I see it is no more illuminating.

I wondered. My first thought was, "Are 'we' (defined as Paracast listeners and fans) kicking puppies and beating up 13-year-olds, now?" I mean Kaplan's ideals were more of a religious belief system than a researched theory about what was/is truly going on.

Frankly I was a bit disgusted by the fact that it seemed the only reasons why Kaplan was a guest was because he'd graduated from the same school Gene did, or that he shared the (former) last name of Gene's wife. Those were two pretty pathetic reasons to have someone on the program but the real reason became more apparent as the show went on.

Point-taken about people with crazy ideas and lack of actual research or factual due-diligence to their claims, but I don't go into a school yard and start kicking sand in 10-year-olds' faces just to prove that I can kick their asses. The Paracast didn't earn any "street cred" having Kaplan on their show for the sole reason of butchering him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Kaplan, in fact my point is that he's a wack-o and everybody knows it so we didn't need to have him on the program as a display. It wasn't necessary and we didn't need it shoved in our faces, but I'm hoping this type of guest-bullying for the sake of ego is over and we can go back to the quality guests....

........like Bill Knell.

(The Bill Knell comment was a joke, btw.)

Great points Sandanfire. Similar to what I feel but I just didn't put it into words. I'm also a little concerned that some of the researchers (and I mean honest ones like Chris) have been savaged so often by the "skeptics" that they feel they have to throw them a bone to prove "we" are not crazy after all. Something akin to Stockholm Syndrome. :eek: Anyway, certain skeptics have been accused of stalking under age kids and others of falsifying information and others of agendas that reek of scientism and not science. But, the brave intrepid skeptic does a bash job on a straw man or two and everybody feels they have to jump on and prove how smart and "sane" they are. Anyway, just my two cents and I know I'm gonna hear about it. But, that's OK after all it is a public forum. :cool:

I wondered. My first thought was, "Are 'we' (defined as Paracast listeners and fans) kicking puppies and beating up 13-year-olds, now?" I mean Kaplan's ideals were more of a religious belief system than a researched theory about what was/is truly going on.

Frankly I was a bit disgusted by the fact that it seemed the only reasons why Kaplan was a guest was because he'd graduated from the same school Gene did, or that he shared the (former) last name of Gene's wife. Those were two pretty pathetic reasons to have someone on the program but the real reason became more apparent as the show went on.

Point-taken about people with crazy ideas and lack of actual research or factual due-diligence to their claims, but I don't go into a school yard and start kicking sand in 10-year-olds' faces just to prove that I can kick their asses. The Paracast didn't earn any "street cred" having Kaplan on their show for the sole reason of butchering him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Kaplan, in fact my point is that he's a wack-o and everybody knows it so we didn't need to have him on the program as a display. It wasn't necessary and we didn't need it shoved in our faces, but I'm hoping this type of guest-bullying for the sake of ego is over and we can go back to the quality guests....

........like Bill Knell.

(The Bill Knell comment was a joke, btw.)

That was just the door opener. I was frankly curious how someone with his technical credentials would arrive at this stuff. I got my answer, which is that he just collected a sow's ear and failed to find the silk purse.

The Paracast didn't earn any "street cred" having Kaplan on their show for the sole reason of butchering him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending Kaplan, in fact my point is that he's a wack-o and everybody knows it so we didn't need to have him on the program as a display. It wasn't necessary and we didn't need it shoved in our faces, but I'm hoping this type of guest-bullying for the sake of ego is over...
Wow SF, that was a bit harsh, don't you think? It would seem it doesn't matter what we do or how we do it: "the show has gone soft since the other dude left" or "Chris is too nice and only asks softball questions..." "you don't go after people anymore," blaa-blah-blah etc. Going in, we thought, hey, the guy is an aerospace engineer, he's got scientific credentials and an interesting take on the subject. We had suspicions that his "theories" were questionable, but I'm sure many listeners picked up on the analytical method to his madness and I applauded his "creative thinking" a couple of times. Of course, we didn't know going in that he was floating his thinking on the flimsiest of evidence, etc, but we figured, hey let's get him on the show and find out if he is on to something. I assure you: this wasn't a case of "guest-bullying for the sake of ego," and I'm surprised that you think we'd stoop to such depths... :)

Trust me Chris. Neither I or most of the forum members or the once and future guests miss the "other guy" or his nastiness. Still, I hope you will consider my post on the subject because I do feel that those of us who give creedence to the paranormal in any shape or form are on the defensive a lot of the time. Seems, the skeptics don't look under their own rugs but yet "expect" the para researcher to do so. Not that you shouldn't do so but I'm just sayin. 8)

I didn't see it as bullying at all. I suspect he guy is over 21 and knew what he was getting into. If he agreed to go on the show without doing any research on it, shame on him. If he did do his "Paracast homework," then he knew full well that he wasn't going to be let off the hook on his "out there" theories. Again, I think Gene and Chris handled it just about right.

Hey Gene and Chris, I am gonna blow your mind, I know it!
I have to be very careful here, this is dangerous.
Please sit down, here's a glass of DNA water for you both.
It's a catch 22, please pay attention, I have to be careful what I say here.:)

Great show as always guys!

If you think they were harsh then maybe you should listen to Coast to Coast.Im sure Aaron could go on there and not be questioned at all and you can just believe everything you hear and not question or need evidence for anything.This is a field where everything needs to have evidence and research backing it up to be taken seriously.You can always tell the real researchers from the guys like Aaron because you hear them say allegedly or in my opinion or this is my theory and when you go on a show and say this is fact or i know this and that and cant back it up you should be prepared to be called out on it. Thanks again guys for having a show whose hosts have the balls to question what they hear :)

Back