• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Your Paracast Newsletter -- May 19, 2013

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
THE PARACAST NEWSLETTER
May 19, 2013

UFO Sightings at Nuclear Installations Explored on The Paracast

Special Announcement: The Paracast is heard Sundays from 2:00 AM until 5:00 AM Central Time on the GCN Radio Network and affiliates around the USA, and online across the globe via download and on-demand streaming.

Why It's Important for You to Donate to The Paracast: Although ads help cover a small part of our expenses, the income they produce is never enough to pay your humble hosts decent wages. Also, we do not receive any revenue from the ads placed on the show by our network or local stations. So we hope you're able to help fill the gap, if you can, to help us cover increasing server costs and other expenses -- or perhaps provide a little extra cash for lunch and utility bills. No contribution is too small (or too large :). It’s easy to send a donation. We have a Donate link on our home page, below the logo and audio player. There's also a Donate link on our forums, at the bottom of the sidebar on the right. Or just send your PayPal donation direct to sales (at) theparacast (dot) com. And if you’ve had a problem getting to our Donate screen, please try again. We just fixed a serious PayPal access problem, and it should work properly now.

Attention U.S. Listeners: Help Us Bring The Paracast to Your City! In the summer of 2010, The Paracast joined the GCN radio network. This represented a huge step in bringing our show to a larger, mainstream audience. But we need your help to add additional affiliates to our growing network. Please ask one of your local talk stations if they are interested in carrying The Paracast. Feel free to contact us directly with the names of programming people we might be able to contact on your behalf. We can't do this alone, and if you succeed in convincing your local station to carry the show, we'll reward you with one of our special T-shirts, and other goodies. With your help, The Paracast can grow into one of the most popular paranormal shows on the planet!

Please Visit Our Online Store: You asked, and we answered. We are now taking orders for The Official Paracast T-Shirt and an expanded collection of other specially customized merchandise. To get your T-Shirt now featuring our brand new logo, just pay a visit to our online store at The Official Paracast Store to select your size and place your order. We also offer a complete lineup of other premium merchandise for your family, your friends and your business contacts.

About The Paracast: The Paracast covers a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions across the planet.

Set Up: The Paracast is a paranormal radio show that takes you on a journey to a world beyond science, where UFOs, poltergeists and strange phenomena of all kinds have been reported by millions. The Paracast seeks to shed light on the mysteries and complexities of our Universe and the secrets that surround us in our everyday lives.

Join long-time paranormal researcher Gene Steinberg, co-host and acclaimed field investigator Christopher O'Brien, and a panel of special guest experts and experiencers, as they explore the realms of the known and unknown. Listen each week to the great stories of the history of the paranormal field in the 20th and 21st centuries.

This Week's Episode: Gene and Chris are joined by guest panelist Goggs Mackay as they present Robert Hastings, author of "UFOs and Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites," who will bring you up to date on his investigation into this troubling aspect of the UFO enigma. He'll also explain why he was not a participant in the recent Citizen Hearing on Disclosure, and answer your questions.

Chris O'Brien's Site: Our Strange Planet

Robert Hastings' Site: Robert Hastings • UFOs and Nuclear Weapons

Reminder: Please don't forget to visit our famous Paracast Community Forums for the latest news/views/debates on all things paranormal: The Paracast Community Forums. We recently completed a major update that makes our community easier to navigate, and social network friendly.

I Have UFO Evidence, But You Can’t Have It!
By Gene Steinberg

Over the years, a number of UFO researchers, real or alleged, have claimed to possess “smoking gun” evidence that would prove the reality of those mysterious flying disks once and for all. Sometimes you do see what passes for evidence, only to realize it consists of unverified claims, fake videos -- well, you get the picture.

There are also UFO researchers who appear to have taken a circumspect and scientific attitude to the phenomenon, who also claim to have such evidence, but it never seems to see the light of day, or you get, at best, only a small part of what’s supposedly available.

Consider Ted Phillips, of the Center for Physical Trace Research, who has appeared on The Paracast on several occasions to talk about his ongoing investigation into the strange goings on at a location he calls “Marley Woods.” Reportedly located in Missouri, although Phillips doesn’t reveal the exact location, it is supposedly home to frequent UFO sightings and other weird events.

In his most recent appearance on The Paracast, Phillips said he was in the process of building a new web site to present some of his findings. As I recall, his son was helping him put it all together, only the site was never finished, and the partly-completed content is no longer available. So what happened?

Well, I heard from Phillips recently, and he said that he was working on finally making his work available online. I am willing to cut him some slack, but I am not a very patient man.

Another UFO researcher who is not presenting all of his findings is Peter Davenport, of the National UFO Reporting Center. On last week’s episode, Davenport said that he had some compelling videos of flying saucers, but they weren’t being posted on his organization’s site because frequent downloads would just consume too much bandwidth.

Yes, bandwidth is an issue, as some web hosts will charge you extra if you have too many downloads.

But what about YouTube, where he could open his own channel and offer as many videos as he wants? I also offered to host his videos on our web server; we have plenty of spare capacity. The offer stands, but Davenport has yet to say yay or nay.

So can we assume Davenport doesn’t really have this visual evidence, or maybe doesn’t have the confidence that it will survive critical analysis? I really don’t know. He does come across as a knowledgeable researcher, and, again, I’ll cut him some slack. He may just be cautious about possibly losing control of his content, and I can see the logic in that, though I don’t agree that he’d have a problem. If I hosted his videos, I’d take them down or change them whenever he wanted, and even YouTube content can be withdrawn, but that won’t stop people who already downloaded the videos from doing what they want with them.

There’s also a certain curmudgeonly veteran researcher by the name of Ray Stanford who claims to have some really compelling evidence, photographic and otherwise, to present. He’s talked about it during his appearances on The Paracast, but continues to withhold the particulars. He says he’d be happy to present them to anyone who presents a decent set of scientific credentials, meaning they are capable of understanding the science behind his findings.

Now you can’t just take Stanford as just another UFO eccentric. He is also a knowledgable amateur paleontologist who has successfully unearthed evidence of dinosaurs in Maryland. In fact, the Washington Post published a favorable feature article on Stanford last year, and it’s clear they took his work seriously, although they overlooked his long history in the UFO field.

Well, our own Chris O’Brien visited Stanford recently, on his way to Washington, D.C. to help provide the video feeds for Stephen Bassett’s Citizen Hearing on Disclosure. As he will report on the latest episode of The Paracast, he got a chance to see some of Stanford’s so-far-secret UFO data and was mightily impressed. But he didn’t have permission to shoot a video of Stanford’s work, so the ball is still in Stanford’s court.

Will we ever see that evidence? Well, Stanford isn’t as young as he used to be, and Chris mentions the man’s heart condition. So I can only hope that it won’t be much longer before those findings are made public, at least in the form of a scientific paper.

But you can bet I’m frustrated about all this. After all, we have tons of fake UFO photos, phony sighting reports and even alleged government disinformation that continues to pollute the UFO field. When someone claims to have the sort of evidence we need to help separate the signal from the noise, why not let us all in on the secret?

Can they possibly be afraid that the skeptics will tear gaping holes in that evidence? Well, they’d do that anyway regardless of the quality of the data. That shouldn’t be a reason to withhold anything that might take us even a small step closer towards figuring out what UFOs are all about.

Yes, I suppose there’s sufficient reason to be skeptical about any claims from someone who says they have evidence that they cannot reveal. Put up or shut up and all that stuff. It’s not that we can force them to tell us what they really know, but I would hope that those findings, if they exist, will be presented in short order, even if they are incomplete. After all, why assume that someone else can’t step up to the plate and put forward their own findings and, together, present an even more compelling case about the cause and purpose of UFOs? After all, how many scientists do all their work in a vacuum?

The Paracast Copyright 1999-2013 Making The Impossible, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Privacy Policy: Your personal information is safe with us. We will positively never give out your name and/or e-mail address to anybody else, and that's a promise!

... It’s not that we can force them to tell us what they really know, but I would hope that those findings, if they exist, will be presented in short order, even if they are incomplete. After all, why assume that someone else can’t step up to the plate and put forward their own findings and, together, present an even more compelling case about the cause and purpose of UFOs? After all, how many scientists do all their work in a vacuum?

I doubt you'll find anyone disagreeing with this newsletter Gene. About all I might add is that the whole issue of proof ( including disclosure ) is only relevant to those who still need it. Although governmental disclosure might provide some further details about our alien visitors, simply admitting alien visitation is real and showing us some videos isn't going to be a big revelation for many of us, and it makes those who are holding out on seem to be all that much more silly for blowing what they have all out proportion in their own minds. Furthermore, without being bound by any officialdom not to release the information, there's no reasonable excuse for refusing to share such information with the scientific and ufology communities.

The nature of the subject matter is transcendent of politics and greed and in principle should be shared freely for the benefit of humanity in general. Sure it would be reasonable to secure some copy and broadcast deals first, but it's unreasonable to hold out for years and years. If it were in my possession, I'd make it available for free on the USI website within a reasonably short period of time regardless of whether or not I got any offers. In fact, putting a deadline on it would only provide an incentive for anyone wanting first broadcast rights to step up to the plate.

NOTE: Chris, how hard would it be to get some media people to send someone with credentials that would satisfy Ray to validate Rays claims and make him a reasonable offer for first broadcast rights? If Ray has your help in navigating the terms so that the evidence is presented in a responsible manner, what objections would Ray possibly have? Why not throw out a couple of lines to see if anyone is interested, and if they are, see what Ray has to say about it. Maybe if he's actually presented with something concrete, he might go for it ... ?

As you know, I am not altogether convinced governments know we are being visited by ET or even that ET is responsible. Maybe they are just too afraid to admit they haven't a clue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 (Galaxy S4 under review) using Tapatalk 2 while waiting for a movie to start

As you know, I am not altogether convinced governments know we are being visited by ET or even that ET is responsible.

That's reasonable. We don't know what kind of aliens they are. Although aliens from space still seems more plausible than aliens from the fifteenth dimension.

Was it good? I just didn't gel with the last one, even though I am a fan. I didn't really like Kirk, though Spock was good.

My wife Vicki and I and a friend went on Friday to see ST: Into the Darkness. We loved it. I can honestly say I enjoyed that movie going experience more than any in years. FWIW, I think that J.J. Abrams reboot of the ST enterprise (no Pun intended) is a smashing success. Again FWIW the casting of Kirk, Spock, Scotty, Uhura, Chekov and McCoy is spot on. I found I accept the actors as those characters in this different timeline.

I enjoyed this so much I plan on going to see it again this week, perhaps in 3 D this time. IMHO this is the first Smash Hit of the Summer!

Decker

NOTE: Chris, how hard would it be to get some media people to send someone with credentials that would satisfy Ray to validate Rays claims and make him a reasonable offer for first broadcast rights? If Ray has your help in navigating the terms so that the evidence is presented in a responsible manner, what objections would Ray possibly have? Why not throw out a couple of lines to see if anyone is interested, and if they are, see what Ray has to say about it. Maybe if he's actually presented with something concrete, he might go for it ... ?
You publish for peer review before you go and broadcast your years of hard work out to the masses. That's the standard way its done when attempting to come up w/ legitimate, groundbreaking scientific analysis of new phenomena. Ray isn't interested in money, fame or glory, so why would he jeopardize his effort toward helping illuminate our scientific understanding of how these craft operate?

Ray isn't interested in money, fame or glory, so why would he jeopardize his effort toward helping illuminate our scientific understanding of how these craft operate?

I would simply ask how Ray is helping to illuminate anything if he is just going to sit on his information ... until he passes? FWIW Chris, I can understand why the Paracast users and others are now skeptical about Ray and his information. He has touted this info for one hell of a long time ... and never releases anything. At this point I do not believe he will ever release anything.

I am not a Ray basher, I know of his many years long pursuit of the enigma ... but at this point why sit on this any longer ... providing he actually has anything?

Decker

I would simply ask how Ray is helping to illuminate anything if he is just going to sit on his information ... until he passes? FWIW Chris, I can understand why the Paracast users and others are now skeptical about Ray and his information. He has touted this info for one hell of a long time ... and never releases anything. At this point I do not believe he will ever release anything. I am not a Ray basher, I know of his many years long pursuit of the enigma ... but at this point why sit on this any longer ... providing he actually has anything?
I keep telling him over & over: "publish or perish." He'll release his work when he feels its ready for peer review.

You publish for peer review before you go and broadcast your years of hard work out to the masses. That's the standard way its done when attempting to come up w/ legitimate, groundbreaking scientific analysis of new phenomena. Ray isn't interested in money, fame or glory, so why would he jeopardize his effort toward helping illuminate our scientific understanding of how these craft operate?

Actually, it's likely that most of the scientific articles we see in the media aren't peer reviewed prior to being released. The so-called "standard" practice is only for specific journals that require it. Besides that, peer review can be done at any time. It doesn't change the evidence; not to mention that the peer review process isn't all it's cracked up to be. I ran across an article not long ago that revealed some serious issues with the process. Lastly, the only significant purpose a peer review prior to release would serve is if the evidence is so ambiguous that he would need an authoritative analysis to defend it rather than having it stand on its own. Therefore, given the amount of time that has passed with the evidence going nowhere, at this point in time, the only way it's not just an excuse is if there is someone right now at this very moment in the process of doing a final peer review. Is there?

It was fun. But I deliberately avoided 3D.

Ya to 3D or not to 3D... I'm torn. If we do go to see it in 3D, I think we'll go AVX rather than IMAX. The glasses are more comfortable and the seating and screen aren't much different. Plus you can buy assigned seating.

Regarding Ray Stanford and his work, I fear he is a perfectionist and in his eyes, there will always be something to tweak and improve upon, therefore it will never be 'ready'.

Even more frightening along these lines, if he is such a perfectionist (and perhaps Chris can shed light on that idea), he may have made plans so that the data is never released in the event of his death, if the work is unfinished in his eyes. That really worries me...

Vizio sent me a 3D TV for review. I only used the glasses for a few minutes on one of the 3D Blu-rays they provided before going back to 2D.

Vizio sent me a 3D TV for review. I only used the glasses for a few minutes on one of the 3D Blu-rays they provided before going back to 2D.

We got ours from a local store called Visions ( which after that experience I would never recommend to anyone ). Fortunately the TV itself isn't too bad. It's a Toshiba that uses the lightweight passive 3D glasses, and we've enjoyed several 3D movies on it. When making movie purchase, I try to get the Bu-ray DVD with both versions rather than only one or the other.

Back