• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Would Contact with Extraterrestrials Benefit or Harm Humanity?

When the Spaniards and Europeans invaded they implemented a policy of genocide. Would alien invaders be as ruthless as humans?

That's the thing. We just don't know. All we have to go on is our own history and a study of nature which tells me that there is a high probability that alien visitation is undesirable. We do not want to be on the receiving end of an expeditionary force of any sort from another world. The idea of ascended masters transversing the universe in search of species they can shepherd towards higher levels of consciousness is a child's daydream. Nature and our own history teach us to be cautious of such pie-in-the-sky notions. Things coming here from out there are just as likely to be our natural enemies both physically and philosophically as not. We should hope for the best and prepare for the worst as best we can.

I think if it was going to happen it would have already. Meaning the Earth has been here a long, long, time. I think we'd have been found by now if we were going to be. Aliens may have come and gone long ago, never to return. One of my favorite paranoid theories is that they came long ago and never left. I think some species a few rungs up on the evolutionary ladder from us would have no need of a Hollywood type invasion. I believe their strategy would be use techniques that would be largely undetectable to us, achieving their mysterious goals without the need for open conflict and violence as we understand it.

We might safely predict that encountering an advanced species would be more transformative than discovering one of equal or lesser intellect. But either one would be a ground shaker.

How would mankind react to news of a space/time hopping species that travels the galaxy using concepts of which human minds are not only unaware, but organically incapable of grasping? What if our "hardware" just won't run the "software" of a superior culture? Would we make them gods with a "little g" and grow spiritually, or take the frustration of such knowledge out on ourselves and collapse? That's assuming ET benevolence! Finding a simple algae could be healthier for us than meeting 'ET'.

What evidence is there from the phenomenon itself? It seems we're dealing with a much more advanced system, which is quite secretive and has little concern for homo sapiens, e.g. abductions and interference with nuclear sites. Certainly a case can be made for a coverup by those who know considerably more than lay people, which suggests open knowledge would harm humanity.

Symbolically it represents another layer of reality we don't fully understand. We don't know what is at stake. I doubt the government fully understands the phenomenon. I bet there are people in the higher echelons of power that are sweating it. I know for a fact the phenomenon is real, all too real. There are a number of hypothesis, we don't know which one is correct. Do they need this planet, are we an experiment, are they here only to observe? I wish I knew.

Symbolically it represents another layer of reality we don't fully understand. We don't know what is at stake. I doubt the government fully understands the phenomenon.

I think they know for sure what it is, but are less sure of its plans.

I bet there are people in the higher echelons of power that are sweating it.

Yes, absolutely, after many indications of hostility.

Do they need this planet, are we an experiment, are they here only to observe?

I think we can dismiss the latter, as they've done much more than observe. The former could well be right.

I think they know for sure what it is, but are less sure of its plans.

Yes, absolutely, after many indications of hostility.

I think we can dismiss the latter, as they've done much more than observe. The former could well be right.
I'm not going to split hairs with the issue. We don't know what the PTB know. They don't have anything to fear from the general population. Except the rare hunter shooting at them with a hunting rifle. They don't appear to be overly concerned about people seeing them and sometimes appear to deliberately be seen. They do have reason to fear the military. The military has very sophisticated weaponry, including thermonuclear weapons, tactical and ballistic missiles. Why should the beings be any less secretive with the military? Granted the military has technology not available to the general public. Sometimes they can detect UFOs on radar sometimes they can't. We have stealth capability, so it's logical to conclude that they also have that capability. Exopolitics? I don't think so. If anything the military would would attack them. In any case, it's a strange world we live in.

I'm not going to split hairs with the issue. We don't know what the PTB know. They don't have anything to fear from the general population. Except the rare hunter shooting at them with a hunting rifle. They don't appear to be overly concerned about people seeing them and sometimes appear to deliberately be seen. They do have reason to fear the military. The military has very sophisticated weaponry, including thermonuclear weapons, tactical and ballistic missiles. Why should the beings be any less secretive with the military? Granted the military has technology not available to the general public. Sometimes they can detect UFOs on radar sometimes they can't. We have stealth capability, so it's logical to conclude that they also have that capability. Exopolitics? I don't think so. If anything the military would would attack them. In any case, it's a strange world we live in.

Nice post.

Personally I have always felt that the Governments of the world know very little and really have very little to disclose when all is said and done.
Why are these craft coming to this planet I do not think anyone has a clue, hell we don't even know if they come from outer or inner space or if they are really what they look to be.
Our only analog for such a situation, as has already be mentioned is that of first contact between the old world and the new and we all know how well that went for the locals.
It was not the technology itself being introduced to a less technological society but it was the ideology's and vastly different moral and religious sets that created the main problems. Let us face it the Europeans saw the new world and its people as a resource to be plundered at will.

Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_LOL.jpg

If there really are visitors from elsewhere, they either have a hands off policy, or else exert influences in more subtle ways. They obviously are not out to overthrow human culture or they would have done so. But if ancient astronaut theory (AAT) is at least partly true, then they already have influenced world religions in a variety of ways. If the AAT guys are on the right track then this is it. We are already living in an alien influenced world.:eek:

Nice post.

Personally I have always felt that the Governments of the world know very little and really have very little to disclose when all is said and done.
Why are these craft coming to this planet I do not think anyone has a clue, hell we don't even know if they come from outer or inner space or if they are really what they look to be.
Our only analog for such a situation, as has already be mentioned is that of first contact between the old world and the new and we all know how well that went for the locals.
It was not the technology itself being introduced to a less technological society but it was the ideology's and vastly different moral and religious sets that created the main problems. Let us face it the Europeans saw the new world and its people as a resource to be plundered at will.

Jehovah%27s_Witnesses_LOL.jpg
Thanks. I have thought about this for many years. I have had some very close encounters with the ships. We make the mistake of trying to understand this in human terms. They aren't human.

Thanks. I have thought about this for many years. I have had some very close encounters with the ships. We make the mistake of trying to understand this in human terms. .

I think that is an important point to consider. If they aren't human ,that throws every behavioral model we have out the window doesn't it? We should not attempt to superimpose our philosophical and ideological preoccupations on them. Our concepts of spirituality, of relationships between individuals and groups and so forth may not apply. Their sense of who they are in the universe in relationship to us could be so entirely alien that their actions cannot be placed inside our framework well enough for us to ever make sense of them.

If they aren't human ,that throws every behavioral model we have out the window doesn't it? We should not attempt to superimpose our philosophical and ideological preoccupations on them.

Could not agree more. We have no way of knowing anything about what they are, plan, or do at all. After how many years of study in the Field of UFO etc all we can say is we know nothing. We can't even say for sure that they do not come from here already, or from across space and time. All we can say is that there is a mystery of sorts that we do not understand.

Could not agree more. We have no way of knowing anything about what they are, plan, or do at all. After how many years of study in the Field of UFO etc all we can say is we know nothing. We can't even say for sure that they do not come from here already, or from across space and time. All we can say is that there is a mystery of sorts that we do not understand.

Exactly. Our dear brother Carl put it this way.
“Something is seen, but one doesn’t know what.”
Carl Jung, Flying Saucers:A Modern Myth of Thing Seen in the Sky.

Isn't it just absolutely astounding though that people are attempting to represent these things through channeling or what have you in the endless Brotherhood of Light and Space Brother clap-trap? All of their messages are so transparently human!

They don't appear to be overly concerned about people seeing them and sometimes appear to deliberately be seen.

Almost invariably, entities leave when spotted; encounters with them and sightings generally also tend to occur in less populated areas and at night.

They do have reason to fear the military. The military has very sophisticated weaponry, including thermonuclear weapons, tactical and ballistic missiles.

Sure; even conventional weapons might've brought some down.

Why should the beings be any less secretive with the military? Granted the military has technology not available to the general public. Sometimes they can detect UFOs on radar sometimes they can't. We have stealth capability, so it's logical to conclude that they also have that capability. Exopolitics? I don't think so. If anything the military would would attack them.

The aliens apparently have a different approach with the military. Since it's harder to hide from the armed forces, they resort to occasional intimidation like at nuke sites, to deter any major moves by them, while they continue with what they're doing.

I think that is an important point to consider. If they aren't human ,that throws every behavioral model we have out the window doesn't it? We should not attempt to superimpose our philosophical and ideological preoccupations on them. Our concepts of spirituality, of relationships between individuals and groups and so forth may not apply. Their sense of who they are in the universe in relationship to us could be so entirely alien that their actions cannot be placed inside our framework well enough for us to ever make sense of them.

I dunno....it seems in order for a world to be habitable, it must be earthlike, which suggests similar development. We're in the same Universe where the same laws apply. I'd assume major progress of the kind they, like we, have made, requires rationality, organization, civilization. Oh I don't doubt that their ideology could be very different. But still perfectly comprehensible, and probably better--heck almost any view makes better sense than "I am the living bread..."lol.

When the Spaniards and Europeans invaded they implemented a policy of genocide. Would alien invaders be as ruthless as humans?

Given the intellectual effort and applied science required to cross light-years of space, my best guess is that a planet with relatively low-tech species living on it would be perceived by aliens as a.... sandbox.

I can see alien invaders becoming ruthless if they sensed that we were messing up what they perceived as their sandbox lol.
The key to all this is perception and vested interests. What would be the value of planet earth in the eyes of an alien. Do we have an alien landlord ? Can nukes really mess up their sandbox ? (Is that why they appeared in Malmstrom AFB... and other nuke sites)

If humans on this planet have an alien landlord, is this the reason the U.S. is keeping silent on the subject and that Leslie Kean can earn a living writing books on the subject? Just finished her great book which is in effect a very long rant highlighting how the U.S. suspiciously ignores the UAP subject relative to the rest of the planet.

Stanton Friedman giving credibility to a possible meeting between Eisenhower and aliens at Holloman AFB (1955) is interesting... Did the landlord give us a visit ?... and tell us to behave or else ?

Given the intellectual effort and applied science required to cross light-years of space, my best guess is that a planet with relatively low-tech species living on it would be perceived by aliens as a.... sandbox.

I can see alien invaders becoming ruthless if they sensed that we were messing up what they perceived as their sandbox lol.
The key to all this is perception and vested interests. What would be the value of planet earth in the eyes of an alien. Do we have an alien landlord ? Can nukes really mess up their sandbox ? (Is that why they appeared in Malmstrom AFB... and other nuke sites)

If humans on this planet have an alien landlord, is this the reason the U.S. is keeping silent on the subject and that Leslie Kean can earn a living writing books on the subject? Just finished her great book which is in effect a very long rant highlighting how the U.S. suspiciously ignores the UAP subject relative to the rest of the planet.

Stanton Friedman giving credibility to a possible meeting between Eisenhower and aliens at Holloman AFB (1955) is interesting... Did the landlord give us a visit ?... and tell us to behave or else ?
If they gave us a warning it was ignored. The problem is determining what information is real and which information is not. People say and do things that don't make any sense. Just listen to some of Art Bell's old shows and what the people calling in had to say!

If they gave us a warning it was ignored. The problem is determining what information is real and which information is not. People say and do things that don't make any sense. Just listen to some of Art Bell's old shows and what the people calling in had to say!

IMHO, the only real information that can be derived from an ET presence here, doing shenanigans free of retaliation, is that humans occasionally don't have full control of their airspace. Which would be a real reason for non-disclosure.

A sandbox vision of this planet (outside-in) is interesting... a lot of weird behaviors kind of stick to it (abductions, development of hybrids, nuclear site interventions, probes... etc, etc.). Continual peeking and poking, sampling reported by thousands of witnesses... maybe they're developing the ultimate organic destruction machine... humans. lmao.

Once we are able to travel to other star systems (provided we are not in a controlled sandbox) and close-in on a 'goldylocks' planet, will we respect that planets integrity or will we exploit it ? Thus creating our own sandbox ?

Do we have an alien landlord ?

I doubt it....

Can nukes really mess up their sandbox ? (Is that why they appeared in Malmstrom AFB... and other nuke sites)

...if we did, they 'd do much more than interfere a little. Why allow us to have nukes in the first place? Notice also that Malmstrom occurred over a decade after they supposedly admonished old Ike to "behave." :)

Back