• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

While Max Headroom has achieved status as a cultural icon ( pun there ), I have always found the character to be one of the most, if not the most annoying ever created. I don't know exactly why. Didn't realize it was Canadian too though! But let's try not to make too big a deal about that :p .

While we're on the topic of Canadian talent

Joni Mitchell- Both Sides Now: Live at the Isle of Wight Festival 1970

I always got a kick out of Max Headroom.

In 1987 I was living in the Chicago area when a pirate hacked into two local Chicago TV stations with a Max Headroom imitation. Other than the stations' management and FCC, I think most people were amused by it.

The hacker has never been identified. This video takes a deep dive into who it might have been with no clear conclusion

Gary Who? - Well Apparently ... Gary Moore
The Messiah Will Come Again

A Fabulous Performance !

Last edited:
I've never heard about Max Headroom pirate spoof..

It was just stuff on MTV or something like that, big thing was that it those days, it had to be rendered with a supercomputer like a Cray!
You spent a full day of calculating to get 15 minutes of video!

I've never heard about Max Headroom pirate spoof..

It was just stuff on MTV or something like that, big thing was that it those days, it had to be rendered with a supercomputer like a Cray!
You spent a full day of calculating to get 15 minutes of video!
This?

Speaking of movie soundtracks... remember when they were good? This one literally changed the course of my life, at least as far as music tastes go:
71ngGUj6SqL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Got me into Peter Gabriel, Depeche Mode, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and the Replacements... all some of my faves for decades now. All because of this one album.

This one was almost as influential for me:
R-14592338-1577766083-3863.jpeg.jpg

Look at that lineup. Amazing.

Back