• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What Would a Paracast UFO/Paranormal Conference Look Like?

On the other hand, forget trying to 'achieve' anything greater than allowing people to see presentations from people who we are happy to listen to as guests on the show. For education and entertainment. Not entertainment as in C2C but for instance, I 'enjoy' many paracast shows on subjects I'm not really into. In a way they are entertaining to me and I don't mean to denigrate them at all by saying that.

Also -and this is something I brought to Gene's attention a while back - I've often thought that Parcast episodes could/should sometimes have a visual element. For example, say Don Ecker is on and talking about Lunar anomalies - well before the show, he might post several photos of areas of the moon he is going to talk about, so that during the actual show, should anyone wish to, they can 'join in' and look at pictures he is referring to. This could work in any number of shows. It needn't detract from listening only, merely as an additional media resource to get a fuller understanding of the guest topic.

Because the show is so far necessarily audio only, I can think of many guests who I'd like to see give an actual presentation. We only hear them on the show, why not have them show things to us too? That's my reasoning in backing the idea for some kind of event.

And Gene/Chris, please consider my idea about pictures and diagrams etc, to be used in conjunction with any guest who may wish to use such media!:)

LOL!! When I saw this thread I made a bet with myself to see if anyone mentioned my participation (or Vicki!) Thanks Rikki. I know Vicki would be thrilled someone mentioned her. After all, who is she ... except the woman that started the longest running UFO magazine ... ever .... so long that the current owners still take subscriptions (send in your dollars) but as of this morning ... still no magazines published or sent out in over a year. (We been gone since late - late 2006 in case you are interested.)

As to me ... Vicki tells me the reason I very seldom get invited to speak is ... ready for this? .... I can be too harsh. Well Shoot ... I just see it as telling it like I see it. If that is too harsh ... well I guess I would just have to say ... Screw it! You see ... my lady just might be on to sumpin' !!

Decker

I am not sure about her but Linda molton howe... I think only Chris has more experance with the cattle mutilations...

Putting the Con in X-con, Hosted by Kerry Cassidy and Alex Jones, the X-Con 2014 will include the following;

Billy Meier- Search for the one armed bandit, fact, fantasy and cult based cake making featuring music from The Mike Horn Section. Cakes are for decoration only please do not consume.
The state of credential chicanery and military hat wearing, a round table featuring Dr Michael Salla, Dr Dan Burisch, Col Kal Korf, Dr Jonathon Reed plus a special documentary on epilettes from Dr Stephen Greer.(documentary subject to an extra ticketed fee). Hosted by Phil Imbrogno.
Does my head look big in this ?A fun panel game with Stan Romanek. Stan Romanek poses in designer sweaters behind a milking shed and is filmed in night vision whilst the audience decides from a big screen if they are genuine sweaters or cheap knock offs. Hosted by Jaime Maussan."I dunno, looks preety reel to me. But then again, i'm no expert, let the people decide. We have seen sweaters like this in many countries."
Alien tantric Massage therapy with Richard Boylan, sit back unwind and loosen your mind pants.
What they want you to watch, masonic talent show tv scheduling and illuminati sports pay per view with David Icke, Jordan Maxwell and guest Dan Brown who will be reading from Jim Marrs new book.
An address on the future state of international justice and peace and a new understanding of democracy, freedom and the efficacy of human understanding in a post 911 world with Sylvia Brown.
I am Gort, Gort I am, a play in two acts. Dramatised here in a one man show, X-Con are pleased to announce that David Sereda will be donning his thespian cap for one night only. Sponsored by Baco-Foil TM.
Behold the Atlantean Super soldier of the Tutankhamen Mind Police. Whistle blowing testimony of a CIAoperative known only as Captain O'X..

This shit is copywrited so dont even think it . stephen Basset i'm looking at you man.

The long and short of it is that this would be a great way to introduce the subject to a skeptical audience, and present good information to people who are familiar with what's going on.

On a practical level, we'd probably have to line up some corporate sponsors to fund speakers, facilities and publicity. Certainly if Bassett could get $600,000 for his Citizen Hearing on Disclosure, we should be able to attract a fraction of that amount to make this all possible. We do not want to ask for donations, but we do hope to charge a fair but not overwhelming rate for the sessions, to make it easier for people to come.

It won't be an easy thing to put together, particularly if we hope to make it an annual event. But it is possible.

for my part i was being earnest if not a little glib in my earlier post which didn't come off as i meant, so let me try again. instead of offering up a list of potential speakers/attendees i will bring up the issue of the audience.

i would suggest that maybe the way to go about this is instead of forming your own conference maybe set up a secondary conference/sub-conference? (The Paracast Pavilion) at an conference that is already well attended by marquis names INCLUDING ones that don't measure up to our standards...not to sound like a dick...and then you can cherry pick from that list the ones you'd like to include in your conference as well as others that weren't originally slated to attend the primary one. Certainly that would help with logistics and lower the cost a bit. the reason for this is i think one of the goals here should be to reach out to a new generation and the best way to do that is be involved in a conference that is sure to bring in the numbers. Unfortunately that would probably include those whose point of reference is c2c and beyond that little else. they come for hamburgers so you give them the oppurtunity to have steak. If you guys tried it on your own and stocked it just with people you find desirable, well other than preaching to the choir we hadn't really achieved anything, just a back slapping congratulatory monument to ourselves. What i mean is that (IMO) many of the names mentioned here...Patrick Harpur- that's an inspired choice !...probably mean little to those that aren't already deeply interested and they already know the score and your goal should be to reign in the newbies.

but for the record as long as we're entertaining names ,being a fortean type of guy. I'd be interested in seeing jim brandon/william grimstead and the right reverand allen greenfield. That would be a real coup if you could bring in those guys and then you really would deserve that pat on the back !!!!

and add james shelby downard to the "revive" list posted earlier.

"...Does my head look big in this ?A fun panel game with Stan Romanek..."

or to go another way does my head look too small in relation to my body with S. Gre'r

... It won't be an easy thing to put together, particularly if we hope to make it an annual event. But it is possible.

To continue from my previous post here: So the real challenge isn't getting the funds to put it together and figuring out all the logistics, it's creating a unified message based on evidence and critical thinking that people will pay attention to. Right now we can't even get various researchers to agree on what the word UFO means, let alone provide any substantial and verifiable material evidence.

To continue from my previous post here: So the real challenge isn't getting the funds to put it together and figuring out all the logistics, it's creating a unified message based on evidence and critical thinking that people will pay attention to. Right now we can't even get various researchers to agree on what the word UFO means, let alone provide any substantial and verifiable material evidence.

I think you've presented the most important points so far. Your previous post highlights my own critical concerns regarding what is actual, concrete research with significant implications vs. some of the more surreal examples of guesswork and fantasy that passes for Ufology, and who says which is which. Perhaps letting the audience vote on who they'd want to hear and which topics they'd like to see explored would be of benefit? That should include the options of skeptical and doubtful voices for balance.

I often find, while listening to really strong shows, that another hour or two is required to fully flesh out ideas that are just glanced at. I'd love too see a focus panel that might explore a specific aspect of the UFO phenomenon or a specific case that gets chewed on properly by all to see if any ground can be gained: ETH vs. gov't experimental craft vs. ultra/crypto-terrestrial; is there any merit to the Abduction Phenomenon; or how about the Travis Walton case examined in depth?

I'd also like to see some type of critical framework that is arrived at in conclusion. I'm thinking about some kind of summary statement of the facts and insights as we know them to date resulting in set implications, something that both adds up and names the contributions of significant figures in the field. This could be a way to synopsize what we actually know to serve both as summarized insight for people new to the field as well as a leaping off point for those who want to go further.

Here's another way we might finance this event, but we'd like some guidance on drawing up a proposal:

Kickstarter

I really like this site. This is probably the way to go.
The proposal.......well, it seems to me that it needs to say it's not going to be the average UFO conference or Paranormal conference. Something emphasizing it will be unique without the usual gang of "true believers".....well vetted speakers (which a bunch have already been listed).
It seems to me, and maybe I'm wrong, that it's uniqueness and differences from other events should be somehow displayed. Maybe this would increase peoples interest.

/\ and to do that you need to dare to answer critically big questions and not be afraid to develop big, unqestionable statements based on a symposium of ideas. Try to create something that is resistant to mainstream media mockery - make it a well thought out, balanced event.

If you really want to set your convention apart, then please consider making use of the biggest asset you have - your listeners & forum users, and provide some digital interactivity, so the masses can participate in voting and responding to questions we help develop. Let answers, live and advance poll material, be responded to by live round table speakers/guests. Let the user/participant help to choose the direction of the discussion content. Make use of participatory technology and bring this original event into the 21stC.

I assure you we will rely on these forums to set this up, if we can set it up.

If we're going to consider Kickstarter to attract funding for the event, we'll need some business and marketing-oriented members to help us draw up the proposal and put an estimate of costs together. To do it right, we can't lowball. There has to be enough funding to pay participants, travel costs, lodging, food, and just as important, promotion. It has to be done the right way -- or not at all.

Here's another way we might finance this event, but we'd like some guidance on drawing up a proposal: Kickstarter
I know you don't mind the part below, after all what could possibly go wrong with a UFO convention where money's involved:
"You shall defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Company, its affiliates, and each of its and its affiliates’ employees, contractors, directors, suppliers, and representatives from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and other legal costs, that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of, or access to, the Service and Content, or otherwise from your User Submissions, violation of the Terms of Use, or infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. The Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with the Company in asserting any available defenses."
It's not like anyone might sue or anything like that right? Why this jilted Kickstarter backer decided to sue — & why he was right | VentureBeat

Ya ... I'm just paranoid because I wouldn't want to become liable for Kickstarter's legal bills over some lawsuit started by somebody I don't even know, even if I've done nothing wrong. Nobody ever really sues anybody like that.
"In May [ 2011 ], the House Judiciary Committee held a hearing that explored excessive litigation’s effect on the United States’ global competitiveness. During his testimony, Skadden Partner John Beisner explained that plaintiffs counsel engage in five types of litigation abuse that ultimately undermine economic growth: improperly recruiting plaintiffs, importing foreign claims, filing suits that piggyback off government investigations and actions, pursuing aggregate litigation and seeking third-party litigation financing."
Yup ... never mind. I could go on all day about how we constantly forfeit our personal security to corporations in exchange for whatever instant gratification they're pandering, but nobody cares because it's really the evil government agents investigating terrorists who are the bad guys ... right?
UPDATE, DEC. 18, 2011: The popular photo-sharing platform Instagram faced harsh online criticism today from users who discovered that an upcoming change to the site’s Terms of Service will allow the company to sell users’ uploaded photos to businesses to use in advertising. Here are some other surprising clauses commonly found in online Terms of Service agreements. More here: Terms of Service Agreements: 7 Surprising Things You're Agreeing To | TIME.com

Since none of us are independently wealthy, we are going to have to seek outside funding. As soon as that happens, there will be legal considerations. So long as nobody dictates the content, guest lists and presentation to us, however, we'll be OK.

Since none of us are independently wealthy, we are going to have to seek outside funding. As soon as that happens, there will be legal considerations. So long as nobody dictates the content, guest lists and presentation to us, however, we'll be OK.
Sure it will, like I said: What could possibly go wrong.
Hey ... went to see Star Trek. It was entertaining but I hope they do a better job with the next one ( if there's one ). Like I hope it doesn't involve going back in time to rescue a whale.

To answer the topics question i present the following

The-Big-Bang-Theory-Season-6-Episode-13-The-Bakersfield-Expedition-3.jpg

:D:D:D

Back