• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What World Under Climate Change

Gene I know the difference between climate and weather. those in your camp do not. to them if it is cold it is weather and if it is hot it is climate. my post was sarcastic.
Your camp has stated we will die soon from global cooling, then acid rain then ozone holes, then global warming, then climate change then global climate disruption.. over 40 years of doom and gloom climate scenarios.. maybe tyger can tell us when we are going to die this time.

Very little in the above paragraph is at all related to reality. It's the same silly brainwashing system that enabled 52% of Republicans to believe that Trump won the popular vote.

Very little in the above paragraph is at all related to reality. It's the same silly brainwashing system that enabled 52% of Republicans to believe that Trump won the popular vote.

It is all reality. So is trump winning the election.

Is this how we want to treat climate scientists:

I’m a scientist who has gotten death threats. I fear what may happen under Trump.

It's a symptom of how our post-fact era has caused people, who believe in things that just aren't so, to act violently.

Here’s another eye-opening article which pretty much reiterates the one you have posted. Likely, Trump will be known as the anti-science president.

Why I’m trying to preserve federal climate data before Trump takes office

Last edited by a moderator:
The way a climate scientist would speak if s/he wasn't mincing words - or trying not to 'alarm' the public. The video clip is from the television series 'The Newsroom', uploaded two years ago - so the facts as stated by the character are actually now more extreme. Fact is, we really are 'screwed'. No matter how one slices it, we have some rocky times ahead, exacerbated by the political climate world-wide, not just in the US.

the newsroom s03e03 climate change interview
TEXT: "Published on Nov 24, 2014"

Guy McPherson elaborates at 33:00/33:24 in the below video on what the character states in the above clip. (This particular video below gives the full lecture but interspersed with songs and visuals that one can skip past - first interlude happens from about 10:00 to 20:00 - and first 10 minutes is a duplicate of what I posted in post#416 - so new material is from 20:00 onwards).

GUY McPHERSON - ABRUPT CLIMATE CHANGE AND NEAR TERM HUMAN EXTINCTION
TEXT: "Published on Dec 12, 2016: THE FULL LECTURE 2016"

The way a climate scientist would speak if s/he wasn't mincing words - or trying not to 'alarm' the public. The video clip is from the television series 'The Newsroom', uploaded two years ago - so the facts as stated by the character are actually now more extreme. Fact is, we really are 'screwed'. No matter how one slices it, we have some rocky times ahead, exacerbated by the political climate world-wide, not just in the US.

the newsroom s03e03 climate change interview
TEXT: "Published on Nov 24, 2014"

Guy McPherson elaborates at 33:00/33:24 in the below video on what the character states in the above clip. (This particular video below gives the full lecture but interspersed with songs and visuals that one can skip past - first interlude happens from about 10:00 to 20:00 - and first 10 minutes is a duplicate of what I posted in post#416 - so new material is from 20:00 onwards).

GUY McPHERSON - ABRUPT CLIMATE CHANGE AND NEAR TERM HUMAN EXTINCTION
TEXT: "Published on Dec 12, 2016: THE FULL LECTURE 2016"

This crap Tyger posts is hillaryeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar Power Is Now The World's Cheapest Energy
The drop in price is driven by investments from developing nations.
LINK: Solar Power Is Now The World's Cheapest Energy
TEXT: "Over the past six years, the cost of solar energy has dropped dramatically, to the point where it is now even cheaper than wind power in emerging markets like China and India. This may be largely due to rising investments in solar over the last few years. Now, there is electricity being produced in Chile for $29.10 per megawatt hour–half the price of power produced by coal. 'Renewables are robustly entering the era of undercutting' energy made by fossil fuels, Bloomberg New Energy Finance chairman Michael Liebreich wrote this week.

"This is great news for developing nations, which do not generally have the kind of infrastructure that developed countries have dedicated to fossil fuels already in place. As they build their energy infrastructure, it will make sense to go with cheaper, renewable options, more so than it does for a country like the United States to abandon our formidable fossil-fuel based infrastructure."

The City Of Las Vegas Is Now Powered Entirely By Renewable Energy
Las Vegas just became the largest U.S. city to rely solely on green energy to power its municipal facilities.
LINK: The City Of Las Vegas Is Now Powered Entirely By Renewable Energy | The Huffington Post
TEXT Excerpted: "All Las Vegas city facilities ― from government buildings to streetlights ― are now running entirely on renewable energy, city officials have announced. 'We can brag that the city, this city of Las Vegas, is one of the few cities in the entire world that can boast using all of its power from a green source,' Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman said in a news conference Monday.

"The achievement marks the completion of the city’s nearly decade-long goal to fully transition to clean energy only ― a project that was expedited after the city partnered with public utility company NV Energy almost a year ago. While all government facilities are now only powered by renewable energy, many residential and commercial buildings are not. Officials were able to make the announcement after Boulder Solar 1, NV Energy’s massive solar array in the southeast corner of Nevada, went on line last week."

The Sahara Desert just got its first snow in 37 years thanks to this global warming Tyger speaks of. Lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Pixel - I simply cannot believe all you guys are still arguing over climate change! It's literally been years since the first thread started.

So there can be no doubting that nobody is here to actually try and convince someone of the opposing opinion. It's official. The people in this thread just love never-ending boxing or tennis. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...etc :)

That reminds me of some hilarious Graffiti i once saw in a mens room stall.

On the right wall was the phrase "Look left for toilet tennis".
On the left wall "Look right for toilet tennis".

I was terrified the Ball boy would show up at any minute. ..............:D

Hey Pixel - I simply cannot believe all you guys are still arguing over climate change! It's literally been years since the first thread started.
Is Pixel on this thread? If he is - he is talking to himself. I certainly am not argiung with him.
So there can be no doubting that nobody is here to actually try and convince someone of the opposing opinion. It's official. The people in this thread just love never-ending boxing or tennis. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...etc :)
Not so. This thread was started specifically to not engage in debate. Pixel has innumerable threads for his debate - if there is anyone who wants to argue with him - which apparently there isn't. He cannot let it alone - the mere existence of this thread where the debate will not be engaged seems to be an annoyance for him. I don't even need look - I can bet he is doing disparaging, ad hominem one-liners in his posts - absolutely no substance to anything he posts. Am I right? I'm right.

Some Christmas cheer. :)

Real Time with Bill Maher: Santa is Dead - Merry Christmas Live Demo December 22, 2016
TEXT: "Streamed live 8 hours ago: May your Christmas be filled with special moments, warmth, peace and happiness, the joy of covered ones near, and wishing you all the joys of Christmas and a year of happiness."

Yes. I will not stop discussing it if Tyger continues to spew forth lies and deception. I dislike Tyger immensely.

Yes. I will not stop discussing it if Tyger continues to spew forth lies and deception. I dislike Tyger immensely.

Don't get me wrong Pixel, nobody is saying to close the thread or delete posts or play nice etc - I think Tyger has you on ignore so you two are not even interacting. I was just commenting on the fact I am surprised this thread is still going on. The main participants are in deeply entrenched positions with zero chance of changing their views, yet continuously post argument after counter-argument with a little bit of slagging off thrown in for good measure.

Obviously you all enjoy the back and forth but for me, arguing about climate change year-in year-out is a tad boring and repetitive. I only really come here for the UFO and paranormal stuff. I literally do not have an opinion on climate change either way except that I would like my own local climate a bit warmer.

Pretty much everything he posts is based on lies and deception by nought and paid for science. Tyger is doing a great disservice to the true environmental movement.
I notice you refuse to document these alleged lies and deceptions. I suggest you not repeat this charge unless you are ready to back them up. Or maybe take a vacation until you've had a chance to get your act together.

Back