1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

What World Under Climate Change

Discussion in 'General Freewheeling Chit-Chat' started by Tyger, Mar 2, 2015.

1. mike

mike Administrator Staff Member

I see no need for it.
    The thread is about climate change, overpopulation is the driving factor behind climate change. You cant address what you dont acknowledge.

2. mike

And Pixel isnt convinced Co2 causes warming, if you are not a denier, then neither is he.

3. Tyger

Tyger Paranormal Adept

The thread is not intended for debate - and I am not interested in fielding accusations or characterizations about what I believe or do not believe. I am definitely not interested in polarizing the exploration - with the inevitable ad hominems to come. (Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt). If this is what you wish to do - and take over the thread with debate about climate change and population (though there are innumerable threads that were started for that but if this is the thread you want to take over to engage in all that yet again....) - very well, you are a staff member and I assume you have the final say. I will step aside from the thread.

4. mike

The Topic open for public discussion is what world under climate change, Many experts in this topic say overpopulation is the driving force behind C02/CC.
    So my links supporting that premise are just as valid as your links supporting the premise C02 is a problem.

Over-population is the real cause of climate change – it's killing us all off - FarmIreland.ie

Bill Nye Says Overpopulation Is Causing Climate Change (Video)

Pixel is unconvinced CO2 is a problem, You are unconvinced overpopulation is the driving force. From my perspective I'm the only one who recognizes both the problem and its cause.

You seem to be confusing the Forum for a blog.

Forums are like social mixers, where everyone is at equal level, milling about and discussing with others. These many to many communication tools allow anyone to start a topic and anyone to respond to one. Members are often at equal level, and content is usually segmented by topic. (rather than by people).

Blogs are like a keynote speech where the speaker (blogger) is in control of the discussion, but allows questions and comments from the audience.
    Blogs are journals often authored by one individual

Understanding the difference between Forums, Blogs, and Social Networks | Web Strategy by Jeremiah Owyang | Digital Business

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Ron Away likes this.
  5. pixelsmith

pixelsmith Paranormal Adept

photography, graphic design, tae kwon do
    Please hold your CO2 emissions for 20 minutes to help with that overpopulation problem.

6. Jeff Crowell

Jeff Crowell Paranormal Annoyance Staff Member

Information Security Technology
    Home Page:
  7. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    Boy the Chinese sure have some amazing powers.

Jeff Crowell likes this.
  8. pixelsmith

Global warming and cooling are very real. Anthropogenic CO2 emissions are not the cause.

9. Jeff Crowell

Jeff Crowell Paranormal Annoyance Staff Member

Information Security Technology
    Home Page:
    Thank god. I guess we should all just pack it in, then. If we're not the cause we're not part of the solution, either. Seems like all life on Earth is just doomed.

10. pixelsmith

Cause of what? There is no warming to be concerned about.