• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What World Under Climate Change

I see no need for it.
The thread is about climate change, overpopulation is the driving factor behind climate change. You cant address what you dont acknowledge.

The thread is not intended for debate - and I am not interested in fielding accusations or characterizations about what I believe or do not believe. I am definitely not interested in polarizing the exploration - with the inevitable ad hominems to come. (Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt). If this is what you wish to do - and take over the thread with debate about climate change and population (though there are innumerable threads that were started for that but if this is the thread you want to take over to engage in all that yet again....) - very well, you are a staff member and I assume you have the final say. I will step aside from the thread.

The Topic open for public discussion is what world under climate change, Many experts in this topic say overpopulation is the driving force behind C02/CC.
So my links supporting that premise are just as valid as your links supporting the premise C02 is a problem.

Over-population is the real cause of climate change – it's killing us all off - FarmIreland.ie

Bill Nye Says Overpopulation Is Causing Climate Change (Video)

Pixel is unconvinced CO2 is a problem, You are unconvinced overpopulation is the driving force. From my perspective I'm the only one who recognizes both the problem and its cause.

You seem to be confusing the Forum for a blog.

Forums are like social mixers, where everyone is at equal level, milling about and discussing with others. These many to many communication tools allow anyone to start a topic and anyone to respond to one. Members are often at equal level, and content is usually segmented by topic. (rather than by people).

Blogs are like a keynote speech where the speaker (blogger) is in control of the discussion, but allows questions and comments from the audience.
Blogs are journals often authored by one individual

Understanding the difference between Forums, Blogs, and Social Networks | Web Strategy by Jeremiah Owyang | Digital Business

Last edited by a moderator:
For pity's sake - who denied it? You took my post as a denial?

But my statement stands - how about another thread on over-population?

Please hold your CO2 emissions for 20 minutes to help with that overpopulation problem.

65 degrees in Central Indiana on the 11th day of February. No……global warming's not happening and it's all a farce. Apparently no one told whoever controls the frakkin' weather.

65 degrees in Central Indiana on the 11th day of February. No……global warming's not happening and it's all a farce. Apparently no one told whoever controls the frakkin' weather.

Global warming and cooling are very real. Anthropogenic CO2 emissions are not the cause.

Glimmer of hope in this.

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain will ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars from 2040 in an attempt to reduce air pollution that could herald the end of over a century of reliance on the internal combustion engine.

Britain's step, which follows France, amounts to a victory for electric cars that if copied globally could hit the wealth of oil producers, as well as transform car industry jobs and one of the icons of 20th Century capitalism: the automobile itself.

The mayors of Paris, Madrid, Mexico City and Athens have said they plan to ban diesel vehicles from city centers by 2025, while the French government also aims to end the sale of new gasoline and diesel vehicles by 2040.

Electric cars win? Britain to ban new petrol and diesel cars from 2040

Ive been saying for years one way to go forward is to legislate the gas guzzler out of the equation, and now it looks like some country's are seeing the positives in this idea.
It will force the infrastructure into place (manufacturing and charging stations) which will have a consumer snowball effect.

It costs a dollar a day to charge an electric car here today, and that's with our very high electricity prices. maintenance costs on these vehicles are also very low
Electric cars have less than 20 moving parts, compared with 10,000 in the internal combustion engine. Service costs will be very very low.

As long as the electricity is gained via renewable's like wind and solar, changing the worlds transport this way will go a long way to helping solve this problem.

Glimmer of hope in this.

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain will ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars from 2040 in an attempt to reduce air pollution that could herald the end of over a century of reliance on the internal combustion engine.

Britain's step, which follows France, amounts to a victory for electric cars that if copied globally could hit the wealth of oil producers, as well as transform car industry jobs and one of the icons of 20th Century capitalism: the automobile itself.

The mayors of Paris, Madrid, Mexico City and Athens have said they plan to ban diesel vehicles from city centers by 2025, while the French government also aims to end the sale of new gasoline and diesel vehicles by 2040.

Electric cars win? Britain to ban new petrol and diesel cars from 2040

Ive been saying for years one way to go forward is to legislate the gas guzzler out of the equation, and now it looks like some country's are seeing the positives in this idea.
It will force the infrastructure into place (manufacturing and charging stations) which will have a consumer snowball effect.

It costs a dollar a day to charge an electric car here today, and that's with our very high electricity prices. maintenance costs on these vehicles are also very low
Electric cars have less than 20 moving parts, compared with 10,000 in the internal combustion engine. Service costs will be very very low.

As long as the electricity is gained via renewable's like wind and solar, changing the worlds transport this way will go a long way to helping solve this problem.

Beautiful. I love how this idea for cleaner air and water and a healthier style of living is a giant "conspiracy." People like pixelsmith would have us live in sewage, smog, and sickness because they believe that's the natural state of the world.

Last edited:
The World Health Organisation declared diesel fumes carcinogenic in 2012 and four of the world’s biggest cities — Paris, Madrid, Athens and Mexico City — are looking to ban diesel-powered vehicles from their city centres.

In London, a new organisation, Doctors against Diesel, has called for diesel cars to be banned in urban areas.

Australian Medical Association vice president Dr Tony Bartone said there was an increasing body of evidence regarding significant health effects from diesel emissions, in particular fine particulate matter.

Diesel engines are damaging your health

DOCTORS AGAINST DIESEL
MISSION STATEMENT

There is now overwhelming evidence that both long – term and short – term exposure to small particles and gases from fossil-fuel derived air pollution have major adverse consequences on health. The fact that this is an invisible and odourless killer, unlike the great smogs of the 1950s, has meant that we have been sleepwalking into a health crisis that has already claimed thousands of lives.

Fumes from diesel engines were categorised as carcinogenic by the WHO in 2012. We know that the current fleet of diesel cars, taxis and light vans are major contributors to locally – generated air pollution in our cities, especially London. Indeed the majority of brand new diesel vehicles are still not meeting the standards – as tests by independent agencies have shown.

To call attention to this public health emergency, we, professionals from across the medical and scientific community, have come together to form the Doctors Against Diesel group to voice our concerns regarding the continued use of diesel.

We feel that the use of diesel vehicles should be phased out from our urban areas. We want to see a future in which personal exposure to soot and gases from vehicles is dramatically reduced, and that a choice to travel actively (walking, cycling, with public transport) does not result in increased personal exposure.

This is an essential step towards preventing thousands of lives lost prematurely due to air pollution in London each year, as well as many avoidable cases of cardiovascular, respiratory and other diseases.

As a first call to action from our group, we are calling on London Mayor Sadiq Khan to work with the Government to phase out diesel from London by 2025, matching the commitment to tackle deadly air pollution recently demonstrated by the Mayors of Athens, Madrid, Mexico City and Paris.

Doctors Against Diesel - Mission Statement | Medact

Back