• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

What World Under Climate Change

How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change | Allan Savory
TEXT: "Published on Mar 4, 2013: 'Desertification is a fancy word for land that is turning to desert,' begins Allan Savory in this quietly powerful talk. And terrifyingly, it's happening to about two-thirds of the world's grasslands, accelerating climate change and causing traditional grazing societies to descend into social chaos. Savory has devoted his life to stopping it. He now believes -- and his work so far shows -- that a surprising factor can protect grasslands and even reclaim degraded land that was once desert."

How to green the world's deserts and reverse climate change | Allan Savory
TEXT: "Published on Mar 4, 2013: 'Desertification is a fancy word for land that is turning to desert,' begins Allan Savory in this quietly powerful talk. And terrifyingly, it's happening to about two-thirds of the world's grasslands, accelerating climate change and causing traditional grazing societies to descend into social chaos. Savory has devoted his life to stopping it. He now believes -- and his work so far shows -- that a surprising factor can protect grasslands and even reclaim degraded land that was once desert."

The deserts are already greening. Wake up.

Exxon has changed it's 'public speak'. They are now actively doing, and talking about, their work to off-set carbon emissions. They do not shy away from openly talking about reducing greenhouse gases.

Carbon Capture Technology
TEXT: "Published on Aug 5, 2016: Our [Exxon] scientists are working on ways to capture the carbon emissions from power plants before they’re released into the atmosphere."

The Outlook for Energy: What will the world look like in 2040 and beyond?
TEXT: "Published on May 3, 2016: The Outlook for Energy is ExxonMobil’s long-term global view of energy demand and supply. This video provides a quick overview of the factors shaping the world’s energy future."

So, then, maybe the people they bribed in the Republican Party will have to change their tune accordingly.
Good point. The scandal that broke around Exxon last year was very bad for it's public image. They are doing what they can to off-set that bad press. What Exxon's paid-for politicians will do as a result of Exxon's active work to reduce carbon emissions, I don't know. Some of their research continues to be oil-based, albeit not fossil based - like extracting oil from algae. Interseting work but complicated politics.

Exxon Fighting to Shut Down Investigations Into Company’s Foreknowledge of Climate Change
TEXT: "Published on Oct 19, 2016: A federal judge ruled the company has a right to discover what evidence the MA Attorney General has on them."

I can relate. :cool:

Flat Earth Theory - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 39

TEXT: "Published on Sep 12, 2016: Flat Earth Theory - Ultra Spiritual Life episode 39"

"Thom talks with author and the President of the Waterkeeper Alliance Robert F. Kennedy Jr. about Trump’s pick to head the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers decision to block the Dakota Access Pipeline."

Is Donald Trump The Master Of BS?

TEXT: "Published on Dec 7, 2016: Thom talks with author and the President of the Waterkeeper Alliance Robert F. Kennedy Jr. about Trump’s pick to head the Environmental Protection Agency and the Army Corps of Engineers decision to block the Dakota Access Pipeline. Then, in the Lone Liberal Rumble, Thom talks with Steve Beaman of the Society to Advance Financial Education (SAFE) and Alex Pfeiffer of The Daily Caller about Trump’s bribing ways, Capitol Hill’s new handout for Big Pharma, and the consequences of repealing Obamacare."

I love climate change especially when it warms. You see, I am a mammal and mammals thrive in warmer climates. So does plant life. People like Tyger should learn about how important a warmer climate is to all life on earth and embrace life giving trace gasses such as CO2. Fear mongering chicken littles do nothing for actual environmental issues. They seem to just want to make themselves feel important. It's sad.
Tomorrow morning will be near zero degrees here and I am going to let my car run for about 30 minutes in the farm yard to add some much needed CO2 into the atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW - Thom Hartmann (the Progressive Talk Show Host who I like to listen to) speculates that Trump may intend to turn the US into a Petro-State - hence all the monied fossil fuel types getting into his administration and going after climate scientists at the EPA.

Is Trump's Secretary of State Pick All About OPEC?
TEXT: "Published on Dec 12, 2016: Thom speaks with caller Dave, who asks if Donald Trump picked Rex Tillerson to be Secretary of State in order to push an oil strategy that doesn't involve the Middle East."

Last edited:
2020 - 2026 - 2050 - take your pick......

Will Climate Change Mean The End of The White Christmas?

TEXT: "Published on Dec 14, 2016: Thom talks to caller Steve, who shares his experience in Michigan during winter and the fact that it's far warmer than it was in previous years."

Abrupt Climate Change is underway according to Guy McPherson. Goldilocks Zone - we are within 1% of being pushed out of that zone so that changes in atmospheric chemistry have greater impact in the earth's case. We've made major changes to the bio-chemistry of the earth's atmosphere. We don't have to have the sun's energy increase - we just have to mess with the atmosphereic energy to get the same result, given how close we are to the sun.

The exponential increase in temperature we have been experiencing the last few years means the near future looks a lot like the recent past. There is a ten year lag between carbon emissions and maximum heating associated from CO2 thus guaranteeing that the next ten years will be the hottest of the last ten years. So we are at the early stages of abrupt climate change. Such abrupt climate change has precedence in the earth's history - but not in our history, not in human history.

Climate Change and Abrupt Climate Change are two outcomes or consequences or symptoms of civilization. Civilization is a heat engine. It is an indication of our over-shoot. Civilization is the hand-gun of the city pointed at the face of nature. Civilization means cities. Once you've committed to cities you've committed to human population over-shoot, because the area in the city is not able to sufficiently grow the food, provide the water, provide the air for the people who are living there. You're in over-shoot when you live in a city. We are committed, addicted - it's the only thing we've ever known. Our several thousand years on the planet have been characterized by various civilizations. We get to be here at the end.

WE GET TO BE HERE AT THE END - GUY McPHERSON

TEXT: "Published on Dec 8, 2016: LECTURE PART ONE"

Last edited:
Always a fun guy. :cool: The anarchist. We could start taking bets on his prognostication. Less than ten years, he says. We shall see. He makes some good points: "We don't have 10 years. The problem is when I give a number like that, people think it's going to be business as usual until nine years [and] 364 days." He says part of the reason he's given up while other scientists fight on is because they're looking at individual parts, such as methane emissions and the melting ice in the Arctic, instead of the entire picture. "We're heading for a temperature within that span that is at or near the highest temperature experienced on Earth in the last 2 billion years."

Guy McPherson - Human Extinction within 10 years
TEXT: Published on Nov 25, 2016: Guy McPherson: "I can't imagine there will be a human on the planet in 10 years." Humans are heading for mass extinction. Mankind has less then 10 years left according to climate change scientist Guy McPherson on World Newshub. There's no point trying to fight climate change - we'll all be dead in the next decade and there's nothing we can do to stop it, a visiting scientist claims.

Guy McPherson, a biology professor (emeritus) at the University of Arizona, says the human destruction of our own habitat is leading towards the world's sixth mass extinction. Instead of fighting, he says we should just embrace it and live life while we can. "It's locked down, it's been locked in for a long time - we're in the midst of our sixth mass extinction," he told Paul Henry on Thursday.

But Professor James Renwick, a climate scientist at Victoria University, says people should not use his words more as an excuse to give up. While he agrees that climate change is possibly the "biggest issue humanity has ever faced", he says "giving up is not really helpful". Instead, Prof Renwick says he hopes Prof McPherson's 10-year claim will encourage people to take action. "This is a really big issue and the consequences could be catastrophic," Prof Renwick says. "Though certainly [humans won't all die off] in 10 years or even 1000 years." The effects of climate change were first noticed 30 years ago and Prof Renwick says the sooner we get onto working against it, the less there will be to do. "I'd love to see [people] take it on board as it is a very serious issue."

Prof McPherson's comments come just days after Climate Change Issues Minister Paula Bennett appointed a 10-strong team to advise the Government on how New Zealand can adapt to climate change. National Geographic exhibition displays global climate change. But if the visiting professor is right, it could all be a waste of time. "I can't imagine there will be a human on the planet in 10 years," he says. "We don't have 10 years. The problem is when I give a number like that, people think it's going to be business as usual until nine years [and] 364 days." He says part of the reason he's given up while other scientists fight on is because they're looking at individual parts, such as methane emissions and the melting ice in the Arctic, instead of the entire picture. "We're heading for a temperature within that span that is at or near the highest temperature experienced on Earth in the last 2 billion years."

Instead of trying to fix the climate, Prof McPherson says we should focus on living while we can. "I think hope is a horrible idea. Hope is wishful thinking. Hope is a bad idea - let's abandon that and get on with reality instead. Let's get on with living instead of wishing for the future that never comes. I encourage people to pursue excellence, to pursue love, to pursue what they love to do. I don't think these are crazy ideas, actually - and I also encourage people to remain calm because nothing is under control, certainly not under our control anyway."

I can't wait for global warming. This -20 F crap sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back