• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

what happened to stanton friedman?

Bob Watson

Paranormal Adept
I used to think he was a serios resarcher now he is running around with 3rd phase of the moon and stan romenek...what happened here?

I didn't know Stan was having anything to do with Romanek. If he is, that is really worrying, cos Stanton has usually counted on the fact he has checked something out and has data to back up his assertions.
Romanek's tales for me, may easily just be considered like a million other claims of CE3 or more, but once he started peddling videos of grays at his window etc he marked himself out as an out-and-out fraud, after fame and money.

And then his wife publishes a book titled along the lines of, 'from my side of the bed,' or some such utter nonsense. All that stuff from Romanek when he got caught out because he continually mis-spelled the same word in multiple documents supposedly from different people. The guy is a joke.
I would have hoped the closest Friedman would get to Romanek would be to be in the same room at a conference and nothing more?

Gene and Chris should have a little chat with him. If it's true (I didn't follow that) I'd say the desire to see the ET hypothesis confirmed has led him on very thin ice.

Stanton, i always believed he was in it for the money. He appeared on Larry King there a few years ago and every time there was a break he would hold up his book so the audience could see it. There and then i knew he was mixed up in ufology for the money.

I don’t think Stanton necessarily started off looking for a steady income in Ufology. However, after listening to Jim Moseley’s detailed accounts of Stanton’s rise, one can’t help but to consider that he has taken advantage of what is known as Ufology.., including a little schtick.

I don't begrudge anyone trying to make a living. But is he sacrificing his principles for the lecture cash? If he is, he chose the wrong profession. But he is also wedded to a belief system that hasn't changed, and I hope it's not because it might impact his success on the lecture circuit. At this stage in his life, though, he could probably just retire if he has sufficient savings. So it may no matter anymore.

If he has sacrificed his principles for the lecture circuit, It seems as though he’s painted himself into a corner, which there is no escape. On the other hand, there are researchers who have changed their positions in later life. However, with Stanton, it would seem unlikely, as he has devoted his life’s work to a belief system, which may be considered as flawed.

Is he just being interviewed by these people or is he actually endorsing their ridiculous fake videos? Is he endorsing the Romanek case as well? If so, Stanton is making some seriously bad choices, though one could argue that it's certainly not the first time.... *cough* MJ-12 *cough*

Maybe Gene and Chris can get him on the show and find out what's going on? I think that would make for an interesting episode.

just so ppl know the level of fruad this group goes to please view the following then ask your self;WHY is stanton even bothering with this bunch?

WHY is stanton even bothering with this bunch?

All press ( media exposure ) is good exposure? :confused:

I'm a bit surprised at Friedman's seeming certainty regarding abductions. I can understand classic UFOs because there's so much in the way of seemingly reliable corroborated, and in some cases technically confirmed evidence in the sightings. But abductions are a whole other story. Something strange is going on ... but what exactly? UFOs may be connected to the phenomenon in a way that is similar to what is generally assumed, but personally, I don't like making such big assumptions, even if they seem reasonably logical. Is this purely a loyalty or bias based on his work with Kathleen Marden?

Let's see you are a UFO reasearcher who wants credibility..you get a call from some one who has more models than billy mier more rubber aliens than weekly world news...and you say...yes? Some thing is wrong stanton...very wrong...

here it is proof that Friedman is paling around with Romink and thirdphase bunch...

just listen to the first min or so...WHAT IS FRIEDMAN THINKING?????

Back