• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Weird Antarctica Structures/entrances?

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
I've been alerted to some intriguing Google Earth images that I went and checked. As advertised, they are indeed apparently real. I don't buy into the analysis found HERE: but the photo evidence is compelling as it looks manufactured IMO. Go check them out for yourselves and tell us what you think.

"Originally posted by tauristercus
Hi all,

I've just been made aware of some very unusual and distinctive "structures" located in the Antarctic at positions
66 33' 11.58"S
99 50' 17.86"E

and

66 36' 12.58"S
99 43' 12.72"E

"I'm not sure what to make of this ... whether it's a completely natural phenomena or whether it's artificial i.e. man-made. I've read and heard of theories regarding secret bases supposedly somewhere in the Antarctic, whether US or even Nazi (NeuSchwabenland) and that's the 1st thing that came to mind when I saw this. But as I said, I have no idea really.

"Prior to 23 Feb 2006, it didn't exist or alternatively may have been covered over and concealed. But after this date, it is clearly and unambiguosly visible."

"The "structure" is roughly triangular in shape with a width of approx 90 metres and a height of approx 60 metres ... so it's considerable in size. The floor appears to be composed of ice and relatively level though slightly concave."
e255db5aeef3.jpg

Here's the second anomalous structure a few miles away on the other side of the ridge. The rounded top looks artificial IMO.

c31b8b6e8006.jpg

I LOVE Google Earth! :)

Hi Chris ,

Those images have been around for awhile and NAZI Antarctica bases more WW2 /Cold War hype. Rather whaling depots and protected by some U-Boats & PT-Boats (NAZI version) of South America. During the height of the WW2 U-Boat blockade.

However, what is really down there who knows?

Glacial movement have been known to create things like this. We need to ask a geologist wh studies things like thi to be sure though.

Any millionaires on the forum ready to fund an expedition?
This actually reminds me of a book, Legacy of the Ancients by Kenneth Joul.
If you look it up on Amazon you will find I am the lone reviewer.
In the book there are a number of underground structures scattered around the world, left by ancient alien visitors, and one of them is in Antarctica.
Maybe Kenneth was on to something!

Attachments

• 51w-a1ajqeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    51w-a1ajqeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 79
Could be a lava tube. Or a cave structure changed by glaciation. I don't buy into the german UFO base stuff.
Agreed, but there's something about these cavern entrances (?) that looks worthy of note to my untrained eye--don't ask me what that is... I doubt they launch "German UFO," however they are huge openings in the middle of BF nowhere and they do seem a bit out of place.

Well, way back when Greer was on the show - David mentioned his friend who had more money on him than he knew how to spend. Maybe someone should contact the guy and get that expedition going so we can settle it once and for all. I volunteer to clean the plane and the ice picks, since I don't have any useful skills to offer. :)

I'm there for the trip, fellows. If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to be an entrepid paranormal investigator extraordinaire. All I lack now is money, time, and skill.

Agreed, but there's something about these cavern entrances (?) that looks worthy of note to my untrained eye--don't ask me what that is... I doubt they launch "German UFO," however they are huge openings in the middle of BF nowhere and they do seem a bit out of place.

Chris, long time listener, and this would be my first post! Yay!

In a former career I was a photo interpreter, and I find the second cave entrance far more interesting than the first because there appears to be a roof or shell over the cave that doesn't appear to be made of rock.

Most likely these are lava tubes, and maybe the second "roof" is just a bubble of rock, but I find it very interesting nonetheless. I also found it interesting in looking myself at Google Earth that the imagery was extremely fresh, having been taken in 2011. Why? Put that in the old conspiracy pipe and smoke it! LOL

I really enjoy your viewpoint on the show! Keep up the good work!

Glacial movement have been known to create things like this. We need to ask a geologist wh studies things like thi to be sure though.

I agree, although it looks suspicious this tunnel is most likely completely natural. Glaciers and volcanic activity can create odd formations

You have to admit that the frozen continent has had some very weird goings on in the past, I'm still trying to fathom all the laws for the area and treaties for it.
The Nazi base story was interesting, i once had the pleasure of meeting an old paratrooper many years ago he mentioned to me that once he crossed the Rhine on "Op Varsity" and then the subsequent down fall of the reich over the coming months, once the fighting had finally finished he mentioned his Brigade was split in two once on there return to Blighty one half was to get ready for the invasion of Japan and the others were attached to a much bigger Operation (i never got the name)that was supposed to go in to Antartica and sweep up what was left of the 3rd reich.

I was very young at the time and just thought it was a story, most of theses guys are dead now so i guess we will never know the truth.

Back