• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Waterboarding Paola

I'm pissed at David and Gene. I wanted Paola to autograph this pic for me. http://www.indieschmarm.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/poo-28215.jpg

They forgot to ask her:(

That was pretty damn funny!

I am curious how many emails Paola got from Paracast listeners?

Indeed she seems like a friendly person and does seem to want to be everyone's friend. Not the type of person who is used to engaging in heated exchanges. Seems like the exopolitics folks are insulated within their little community and are not used to being really vetted, which reinforces a self perpetuating community of scattered polluted beliefs based on soft testimonies.

Maybe she should have had a disclaimer that this show is not an open forum without discernment, be prepared to have your methods and beliefs questioned since the show seriously tries to separate the wheat from the chaff unlike C to C and those other shows that are just as likely to have David Icke as Edgar Mitchell. Certainly now she knows and knowing is half the battle, GI JOE!

For her sake, better her vetting happen on the paracast stage than on a large mainstream stage where she would come off as a gullible new age transcriber.

Harris is a glorified stenographer - ...

And my quote of the week goes to ... :D.

Reading her statement or moan to that forum or whatever it was, it seems that her grasp of the English language is rather ... ummm ... loose, as well. In fact its (possibly) so loose it'll fall off soon, hit the floor and roll under the sofa never to be found again (lets hope).

She really is quite a piece of work, though. A journalist with no journalistic skill; a follower of science who gets lost amongst all the long words (of more than 2 syllables) and so has to make up the bits she's missed.

Strewth ... and anyway ... isn't "Paola" some sort of delicious Spanish rice dish??? :D. Extrapolating from that, I'm also pretty certain that we'd get more information and intelligent conversation from a delicious Spanish rice dish than this feeble minded fake journo-butt-munch :eek::D

The e-mails I got from their listeners show me that people considered them rude, bias and not at all interested in my information since they never read my books nor were aware of the cases I researched.

I doubt there really are any emails, thats probably why she started this thread to try and drum some up. Anyone who actually is 'a listener' of the paracast knows that the hosts arent bias.... why would they be 'a listener' in the first place if they thought that...

Yikes. Hold on Aaron, I'll see if my bullshit translator can handle this before exploding:

Dean Radin is a researcher and author in the field of parapsychology. He is Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences, in Petaluma, California, USA, on the Adjunct Faculty at Sonoma State University, on the Distinguished Consulting Faculty at Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center, and former, four-time President of the Parapsychological Association.

Translation: Dean Radin is the real-life analogue to Peter Venkman.

Radin played the violin from the age of five, and worked as a professional classical violinist for five years.[3] He earned an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, and both a master's degree in electrical engineering and a doctorate in educational psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.

Translation: Radin plays violin well but not well enough to be in a symphony. Needing to find a way to earn a living he got into electrical engineering. He picked up a doctorate in educational psychology for some reason along the way.

Radin worked at AT&T Bell Labs and GTE Labs, mainly on human factors of advanced telecommunications products and services, and then held appointments at Princeton University, Edinburgh University, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, SRI International, Interval Research Corporation, and Boundary Institute. At these facilities he was engaged in basic research on exceptional human capacities, principally psi phenomena.

Translation: He worked for the phone company. He seems to have had trouble holding down a job. He did some ESP research (again... Peter Venkman).

In 1988, 1993, 1998, and 2005 Radin was the elected President of the Parapsychological Association, an affiliate of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He has published numerous scientific papers,[4] as well as articles and books written for a popular audience: The Conscious Universe (1997) and Entangled Minds (2006).

Translation: Radin likes to collect titles and honours from obscure associations. He's published two books that presumably weave quantum mechanics and universal conciousness theories in impractical ways and....

BANG!

Damn... bullshit overload.

Strewth ...

Indeed... with a dash or crikey and a touch of cor blimey with a little gord'n'bennet on the side!

I doubt there really are any emails, thats probably why she started this thread to try and drum some up. Anyone who actually is 'a listener' of the paracast knows that the hosts arent bias.... why would they be 'a listener' in the first place if they thought that...

I'm sure she got some. There have been posts here in the forums about how rude they were.

She errors considering it a majority though. She seems to think it is, and I bet she's dead wrong.

I'm sure she got some. There have been posts here in the forums about how rude they were.

She errors considering it a majority though. She seems to think it is, and I bet she's dead wrong.

Perhaps she got one or two, but i've only really seen one post on here (although there may well be others) and that was from the OP who I really do think was Paola herself now.

Anyway, those who are emailing her are probably the very ones who are sitting there cross-legged with gluten free pasta on the hob chanting mantra's... hoping that Steven Greer will be on the next episode so they can learn some more about whats really happening in the universe.

I mean honestly, i dont even think she got that much of a whooping... and it clearly wasnt enough to get through to her. I'm sure she's probably a nice lady in person, but people like this are not serious researchers or journalists, they are just people who are deluded about reality... in my opinion of course.

lol for some reason I just cant take that title, Senior Scientist, seriously any more.

coughBoydBushmancough

lol for some reason I just cant take that title, Senior Scientist, seriously any more.

coughBoydBushmancough

Paola lost all logic years ago, and Hynek was to blame.No intregity she cant even accept she was wrong, that says it all.

Dear All

I really want to close the door on this huge mistake. I kindly granted these "so called" gentlemen an interview on two days of my precious time because Gene was having serious trouble with Internet so I wasted two days.
I did it in good faith because David has been asking me over and over for a year , never dreaming that my personal character would be questioned. It is different to disagree with one's work but I just suggest that you go here and read the comments and the people who post..

David took out my " Grace under pressure Statement " meant for this list only without asking permission calling you Andre disparagingly "some Ufoologist " , Andre. That post was used to crucify me on Internet.

He had people commenting on my statement without asking permission to take it from this list! I thought that was against the rules. At least " Ask"!

Now ironically, Paracast gentlemen which you are not, want defend themselves from the interview procedure they use and the judgments of others now. I still maintain that it is Ok to disagree and moreover essential in a discriminating process but "character assassination" is your method. Calling me some ignorant,sniveling, glorified stenographer is derogatory and I sustain, not the opinion of the International community I represent. I have a Masters degree in Education and speak three languages.My journalistic approach is informational which is simply interviewing top players in the UFO field. I really never encountered anything like this ever in my interaction with professional researchers.

I want to clarify that the interview ended because I did not react to your bashing. You could not deal with rational method I always use. I did not buy into the emotional, anger bashing approach. This does not show ignorance but coolness and control which I am still trying keep. I did not log onto your forum ever and never will. But I did receive many letters of support from around the world since I am an international journalist. Most people on this UFOLOGIiSt List as you called Andre's list know me personally and I need not defend myself nor do I want to continue this.

Paracast Forum Thread :Waterboarding Paola

I will not approve of "Waterboarding" anyone...Not ever you!

I want this over with! It was a bad mistake to " Trust" . As they say " Trust No One!". You helped me learn this lesson.

Case Closed. Now, let's get on with the work. We live in Interesting Times!

Paola Harris

Paolo,

Let's get a few things clear:

• I have never claimed to be a journalist in this field, nor have I claimed to be a "UFO researcher". Unlike you, I'm an experiencer, someone with first-hand encounters, trying to gain some understanding in the process of discussing the subject with folks who know more than I do about these topics. The fact that you continue to label me as a "ufo journalist" says so much about your own ability to LISTEN and LEARN. I am indeed a reporter, journalist and product reviewer in the high tech world, and enjoy a strong reputation as one of the more knowledgeable folks in the field, especially with regards to audio, graphics, imaging and multimedia, as well as overall industry trends.

• The fact that you seem incapable of defining a term that you use in the title of one of your exoplitics courses is just laughable, and says much about the integrity and quality of the course, and your academic approach. In my experiences as a lecturer and teacher, one of the main goals is teaching my students how to learn on their own and think critically, how to use logic, deductive reasoning and a healthy dose of intuition in a productive and balanced way, to cut through the noise and reach the signal. I saw nothing in speaking with you for a couple of hours, that indicates that you understand these basic academic principles.

• With the exception of you, Bruce Goldberg, David Sereda and Michael Horn, just about every other guest we've ever had has gone out of their way to thank us, to tell us that they love being on The Paracast due to the depth of the discussions we have, the intelligent discourse and our sense of humor. Many of our guesta have returned more than once, and while we don't always agree 100% with our guests - Stan Friedman will back this up - we still end up with strong shows, and friendly relationships with our guests. Case in point - compare our interview with Jacques Vallee with the car-crashes he did with Noory last year. The C2C thing was a joke, yet in the same length interview, we actually got some great nuggets and some true insights from Dr. Vallee.

• I'm a big believer in accuracy, and surprisingly, you're a bit less than accurate stating that we've been asking you to come on the show "for over a year". The truth is that you were in touch with Gene last December, and there was a statement from you in an email to him, which was "I find your conversation on the PARACAST really stimulating.". I first asked you to consider coming on the show in March of this year, NOT over a year ago. Get your facts straight.

• Everyone on this list should be aware of the fact that, while you claim to be an objective "journalist", I personally witnessed you telling an audience of people that "Billy Meier is the real deal". You repeated that statement on The Paracast. THAT should tell everyone much of what they need to know with regards to your insight and understanding of the UFO phenomenon.

So please, we know that you've suffered so terribly at our hands, we're such brutes, terrible humans, and ignorant, too. HOW DARE we ask such questions, we should have been more sensitive to your needs, more full of love and warm chocolate chip cookies.

We apologize, Ms. Palin.

dB

Dear Gene
I understand.Thanks for toning down this discussion.

Maybe you do not understand that this is not about Meier whom I met in Switzerland. I have a right to believe that the early contacts were real and the Film Footage that Nippon corporation bought was real. I believe Wendell Steven's accounts whom you criticized on the air.

For me, he is will remain a respected researcher.That is my right. But the photos and some of the testimony is heavily contaminated as are most contactee cases. That is why I have focused, and I mean focused on military whistleblowers testimony.

Now if you are wanting to make this about Meier, I want to tell you that it is not about that for me as we " can" disagree. I talked about a large body of research on the show not just this case. But the aftermath was disastrous which I did not expect until people started emailing me and apologizing. It was about the tone of the forum which I did read but would never " post"!

David is getting pretty vicious as he just privately emailed me calling me names and insulting me. I have no way of countering that since I never get down to that level with anyone..ever!

Can we just agree to stop all of it! Let's Forget it!
I again thank you for toning it down. Paola

PaolA,

Thank me? No, I don't want you to thank me. In fact, there's nothing that I want from you. You've got NOTHING to offer me in the pursuit of understanding the UFO phenomenon. You're a wannabe, a bystander who's looking for some recognition. You're a chronic name dropper, someone who desperately wants to be noticed, listened to, respected.

I know EXACTLY who you are, make no mistake.

But if you think I'm going to let you shit all over our show on that list, guess again.

And you have no idea what others on that list have emailed us in private... so enjoy your delusions, they're all you have.

Ciao,

dB

I did not log onto your forum ever and never will. But I did receive many letters of support from around the world since I am an international journalist.

Er... i dont fully understand her.... one minute she says she never logged into the forum....

Paracast Forum Thread :Waterboarding Paola

I will not approve of "Waterboarding" anyone...Not ever you!

Then she addresses the people from this thread in the forum?
How did she know about the thread if she never logged in?

I've just listened to this episode. I don't think I've ever heard anyone contradict themselves so many times in such a short space of time. One minute, she says she doesn't 'want to go there' regarding contactees, yet she then proclaims Billy Meier to be 'the real deal'. WTF?

She also claims to teach a course involving quantum physics/quantum cosmology, yet she has NO qualifications in quantum physics. That would be as ridiculous as me taking my law degree and setting myself up as a teacher of quantum physics - I know sod all about the subject.

At the start of the interview, I kind of felt sorry for her. She sounded like a pleasant but naive lady, but as the interview progressed, I felt like screaming at her to STFU. On the one hand, she says she is an in-depth researcher, on the other, she says she tries to produce works that people can read quickly, which don't get too deeply into the UFO subject. I've never heard anyone torpedo themselves so effectively with self-contradiction as Paola Harris did in this interview.

I found her very hard to listen to, simply because she is so convinced of the veracity of known hoaxers. Why can this woman not see that the likes of Billy Meier and Clifford Stone are full of shit? She just seemed to go round in circles, repeating a multiplicity of self-contradiction and blind faith in proven hoaxes. She may have a masters degree, but I suspect she skipped on the research methodology module of her course. She must have written a thesis to gain her masters, and whenever I've written theses, I've had to critically analyse the points I've made, and use them to reach, and defend, an opinion.

To me, she's just another person seeking to make a fast buck out of the UFO subject and some of its more gullible 'woo-woo' adherents, without offering anything of value to the study of the subject. That, quite frankly, sickens me, because real experiencers end up being tarnished by such BS, and labelled as wacky and woo-woo as the New Age bollocks brigade. I'm glad she was shown the door. It's a shame such individuals can't be shown the door out of the whole UFO subject.

I found the Interview to be funny though Gene and Dave could have cut to the chase a lot sooner.

They should have done a Paxman on her. :D

They gave her enough rope though. ;)

Anybody who does a course on Galactic Diplomacy is leaving themselves exposed to well deserved ridicule if you ask me.

This kind of Mickey Mouse shit does a lot of damage to the field of UFO'S and stuff.

Because she met Meier personally. Apparently the fact he may be lying to her face never crossed her mind...

Oh, but she emphatically stated that as a journalist she can "just tell" when someone is lying or not. To her, her "gut" feelings are infallible. ::)

Meier the one armed band aid, he is hideing something within that beard (have a guess)?...hmmm
Alien s... droppings is my guess or greygrey's golden flute of free energy, one blow of that flute powers up one million homes in half a second, not one second, half a second, do you understand people, he is the messanger of the paledian galaxy my spelling may be wrong here paleds...heads galaxy.

Back