• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Waterboarding Paola

No, I'm not hungover yet. But, really, I do that bad tonight? I thought I was rather impartial. Hmm. Maybe I need to hang it up. Last thing I want to do is piss off people here.

LOL, come on Aaron I was just busting on you. I have nothing but love for ya.

Firstly,

I can't believe how long that dudes article was that David posted!

Secondly,

Our individual tolerances for heated discussion/arguments I find pretty interesting. There was a study recently regarding cortisol levels in regards to antisocial behavior etc...

http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE49038820081001

I think the general finding (i could be wrong, I didn't read very thoroughly) is that cortisol puts us into reptilian fight or flight mode. But.... some people may have lower levels in certain situations.

How does this relate?

If you have lower natural cortisol levels, Paula's virtual water boarding may not cause your cortisol levels to raise us much as someone with naturally higher cortisol levels and therefore the person with the higher cortisol levels would be more freaked out in stressful situations.

On second thought, I don't think this has anything to do with anything other than we biologically deal with stress differently, but it is interesting :)

as i listened to this episode unfold, i had this "bad feeling about this" vibe going, and i knew she was going to wind up toasted,and when she admitted the o'hara pics she used were known to her as fakes i was sure she was in trouble but by the time she started telling us she thought the one armed swiss farmer was the real deal, i was in a "release the hounds" frame of mind, and it was with a sense of cosmic justice i took pleasure in the hosts putting the bite on her ignorant ass.

she kept trying to cover her own obvious lack of credibility by mentioning hyneck over and over and if trying to hijack some of his, to make up for her own lack of any.

there are plenty of shows happy to put whipped cream on a bowl of dog poop and smile while swallowing, if she didnt know the paracast isnt one of those shows, then more fool her

im sure shes a lovely person, but the time i spent listening convinced me shes not going about researching this topic in a thoughtful and discriminating way and inadvertly even, is not doing the subject any favours in her collection and presentation of the data.

she herself admits using known bad photos of the ohara incident, she says they were just an example.........

yes they were, a glaring example of how NOT to present ufo data

the only compelling evidence ive seen in the swiss farmers pics was what might have been just might have been frank the pug

And as far as Gene & I, and our approach to what we do on this show, check this out.

dB

Wow, what a write up! That was great. Although those tards on iTunes doing the one star reviews kind of gets on my nerves. They just dont get it - and theyre ignorant of the fact that they just dont get it, and that is frustrating.

And as far as Gene & I, and our approach to what we do on this show, check this out.

dB

Lol, the guy who wrote that is really funny...

Quote: "So the show opens with their theme music, which sounds a lot like every single new age CD that's been released since Tubular Bells. You can just picture people sitting cross-legged in their loft apartments, gluten-free organic pasta boiling on the stove top in a copper pot bought from the fair trade store, surrounded by patchouli scented candles, chanting mantras to themselves, while this music plays in the background. Some voice run through a vocoder introduces the hosts."

This paragraph literally had me crying with laughter.... although i really like the paracasts music!

That was great write up. He was expecting saucer tards, but found intelligence instead. It appears the writer was happily disappointed.

So Gene and Dave should change the name of the show to the Woocast. :p

funny,funny stuff,

saucer tards lol that's a new one on me :D

I had to regester just to comment on this podcast and the treatment of Paola.The ass chewing was a bit over the top but was necessary to get the point across.Keep up the good work guys,your show kicks ass.

So here, I think you might all like to read something that Ms. Harris has posted to some YooEffOoh list about her appearance on Le Paracast:

I consented to the Paracast interview in good faith. I should have known better but I always give others the benefit of the doubt including Gene and David. The e-mails I got from their listeners show me that people considered them rude, bias and not at all interested in my information since they never read my books nor were aware of the cases I researched. They seem to have had little background. The discrediting of Meier and the Meier photos was their only goal. The interview had a personal agenda which is unethical by all journalistic standards.
They were not interested in Ufology as they had never read any of the material I mentioned.

I am a journalist and interviewer and in this practice , one does not try from the onset intend to attack a guest. It is not something I do nor would do to them but in my defense, I must.

The mention of the work of Dean Radin was over their heads. I spoke of theoretical physics was part of my research as I tried to explain the work of Dean Radin whom I personally met and mentioned in the interview. The entanglement theory is the latest research in " non-locality" and in quantum mechanics. So instead of attacking me "on everything" as they did , I suggest they do a little homework next time. My body of thirty years work speaks for itself, beginning with the first six years with Dr. J Allen Hynek. I learned a lesson doing this interview as it was the only one of its kind that lacked in total respect.

Here is some information on Dean Radin . Dr. Edgar Mitchell and Russell Targ introduced him to me in Petaluma, California at IONS in 2006:

Dean Radin
is a researcher and author in the field of parapsychology. He is Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences, in Petaluma, California, USA, on the Adjunct Faculty at Sonoma State University, on the Distinguished Consulting Faculty at Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center, and former, four-time President of the Parapsychological Association.[1][2]

Radin played the violin from the age of five, and worked as a professional classical violinist for five years.[3] He earned an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering from the University of Massachusetts Amherst, and both a master's degree in electrical engineering and a doctorate in educational psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.[3]

Radin worked at AT&T Bell Labs and GTE Labs, mainly on human factors of advanced telecommunications products and services, and then held appointments at Princeton University, Edinburgh University, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, SRI International, Interval Research Corporation, and Boundary Institute. At these facilities he was engaged in basic research on exceptional human capacities, principally psi phenomena.[3]

In 1988, 1993, 1998, and 2005 Radin was the elected President of the Parapsychological Association, an affiliate of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He has published numerous scientific papers,[4] as well as articles and books written for a popular audience: The Conscious Universe (1997) and Entangled Minds (2006).[5]

The Conscious Universe (1997, HarperCollins) was awarded Amazon.com's 1998 Category Bestseller Award, the Scientific and Medical Network 1997 Book Award, and the Anomalist's 1997 Book Award, and as of 2006 it is in its 16th printing. It has proved to be popular and has been translated into Turkish, Korean and French, with several other translations under way. In January, 1998, Nobel Laureate physicist Brian Josephson wrote in the, The Guardian: "If asked to nominate the most significant scientific event of 1997, I would cite the publication of this book." Entangled Minds is being translated into Romanian, Portuguese and Japanese (as of December 2006). Nobel Laureate Kary Mullis has added Entangled Minds to his list of recommended books on his website.[

And I need to make a statement about Gene & I and The Paracast, given what Harris has written in that post:

I have never claimed to be a "journalist" on the UFO scene. I'm an experiencer (unlike Harris) who is trying to understand my life, the things that have happened to me. I'm also not a paranormal "expert" - I'm a student of these topics, I do not claim to have any kind of answers to any of these issues or questions. That stated, my brain still works, my sense of logic is intact, I have the ability to differentiate between sensible content and crapola, and the will to engage in that discernment. The Paracast is not a place to people to just come and tell their stories - we're listening to what they say, and want to flesh out the internal consistency and logic to see if there's anything to this stuff. Every other show dealing with the topics simply lets the guest speak, without any critical analysis. NO ONE has ever asked Paolo to justify her statements, and the fact that she claims not to offer her opinions about things is DIRECTLY REFUTED by her claims that "Billy Meier is the real deal". She wants to be everyone's friend, she buys into any story or claim, and she doesn't want to reveal anything to be bullshit. As such, anything she's written is highly suspect, practically useless to the task of gaining any relevant understanding of the topic of UFOs. Harris is a glorified stenographer - she's just writing down everything she's told, and publishing the transcriptions. She's a consummate name-dropper - her only claim to credibility is Hynek, without him she'd never have a voice in this "field". When asked about the meaning of a term used in the title of a course she "teaches", she could NOT provide a working definition, and simply appealed to a third-party book. To listen to her babble is painful, she talks in a series of run-on sentences and fragmented thoughts, never connecting anything together, sprinkling UFO pop-culture references like salt into a tepid, watery soup. Given the complete lack of critical thinking she displayed on The Paracast, why would anyone trust her judgement about anything?

dB

PhDs are a dime a dozen, I have one, ooooh,oooh,ooooh, can I be a galactic diplomat? :rolleyes:

What does Radin's education have to do with her being full of crap. Just more attempts to take attention away from looking at her for what she is, an entertainer, and not a very good one.....and why is it every time one of these yahoos brings out one of their expert "scientists", they all have arts degrees? What does a PhD in psychology know about physics?

To quote Stanton T. Friedman,

"BUNK BUNK BUNK"

btw, I know some people consider psychology a science , it's an arts major as far as I'm concerned, not that there is anything wrong with an arts degree..............slackers!!! I'm kidding :D

Omg..., may ugly fuk a jesus popcylce twat...... I didn't last long on the Paola stuff David posted, at all. I'll try again later though I swear. I did read through some of it. Wow...... Anyone have some crack, or meth to share before I attempt the rest?

Back