• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Waterboarding Paola

Do I get a cool communicator badge with my Galactic Diplomacy Certificate?
Combadge_2370s.jpg

or at least a phaser or something?

No, but probably a toy laser gun without a trigger guard. No diplomas are given out for her course either. Who needs them.....

I agree that Paola Harris and the "school" needed to be exposed. My complaint about the show is the tone. Many times during the show I felt uncomfortable listening. I just don't think you have to go on the attack to prove a point. Anyone listening could here the contradictions and bullsh&t that were coming from Paola, and could see that David and Gene were the ones making sense. I just don't like to here that tactic taken on any show. Please don't get me wrong, I love the show and recommend it to everyone as the one UFO show that attempts to separate the wheat from the chaff. I just had a hard time listening to this one due to the aggression. That said, keep up the good work Gene and David!

I could have felt uncomfortable during parts, but I thought myself out of it and took a more objective stance while listening. If that made sense.

I agree that Paola Harris and the "school" needed to be exposed. My complaint about the show is the tone. Many times during the show I felt uncomfortable listening. I just don't think you have to go on the attack to prove a point. Anyone listening could here the contradictions and bullsh&t that were coming from Paola, and could see that David and Gene were the ones making sense. I just don't like to here that tactic taken on any show. Please don't get me wrong, I love the show and recommend it to everyone as the one UFO show that attempts to separate the wheat from the chaff. I just had a hard time listening to this one due to the aggression. That said, keep up the good work Gene and David!

These people need to be made to feel uncomfortable. They need to squirm in their own skin. These people are making up science as they go along. There is no science when it comes to UFO's. Nobody knows anything. If they say they do, well then they'll probably shill a book or something.

We know stuff about the Universe and the oceans so therefore we can study and build upon our knowledge. Therefore creating science.

Hoagland created an entire science around a hill with a cool shadow on it. Probably made millions, got to go on TV and is somehow still treated seriously by groups of people that continue to pay him money. It just goes to show how desperate the human race is to find out where they belong in the scheme of things.

But my main concern is, can I put that I have a Galactic Diplomacy Certificate on my resume'?

These people need to be made to feel uncomfortable. They need to squirm in their own skin.

Not sure that will actually stop them from doing what they are doing. What you can do is show them for the fraud that they are and in doing so influence those that give them support. The "lunatic fringe" will always cling to these kind of people, but the others with more sense will see the truth. You don't have to do this by being rude or aggressive. Let the words and ideas do the work. This show seemed more like a personal vendetta for David and Gene. Again, do not get me wrong. I in no way support Paola Harris or her "school" or her ideas. I am just making an observation.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm not complaining about her, I'm making fun of her. :D .........I mean really? seriously?

Seriously.

Wait, not seriously.

I just wanted to hear if the poster had anything useful to add about SAIC as it's an interesting company that works on a lot of interesting stuff.

As for Paola Harris, I made previous comments in the other thread about my feelings towards her and the episode in general. :cool:

Not sure that will actually stop them from doing what they are doing. What you can do is show them for the fraud that they are and in doing so influence those that give them support. The "lunatic fringe" will always cling to these kind of people, but the others with more sense will see the truth. You don't have to do this by being rude or aggressive. Let the words and ideas do the work. This show seemed more like a personal vendetta for David and Gene. Again, do not get me wrong. I in no way support Paola Harris or her "school" or her ideas. I am just making an observation.

These people are thieves and liars and need to be treated as such. I thought Gene and David showed great restraint. Go to ATS and tell me that there are people with more sense out there.

These people are thieves and liars and need to be treated as such. I thought Gene and David showed great restraint. Go to ATS and tell me that there are people with more sense out there.

There are people with more sense out there. You and most of the people on this board are wonderful examples. Above Top Secret does have its share of kooks, but anywhere you go you will get the same thing. I don't consider them to be representative of society as a whole. Don't misunderstand me, I think its imperative that David and Gene ask the tough questions and point out inconsistencies when they find them. That is what separates this show from shows like C to C. Perhaps it's a cultural thing. I know David and Gene are from New York and many of my New York friends can act the same way when irritated. Where I'm from I was raised to keep conversations civil, no matter how idiotic the person you're talking to is. Maybe this approach does not make for good radio. I guess I just wasn't prepared for the tone of the show, so it came as a bit of a shock. I, like everyone else, rolled my eyes as soon as she mentioned Clifford Stone and knew that the rest of what she was going to say would be highly suspect. I just felt a bit uncomfortable when the hosts started yelling at the guest.

There are people with more sense out there. You and most of the people on this board are wonderful examples. Above Top Secret does have its share of kooks, but anywhere you go you will get the same thing. I don't consider them to be representative of society as a whole. Don't misunderstand me, I think its imperative that David and Gene ask the tough questions and point out inconsistencies when they find them. That is what separates this show from shows like C to C. Perhaps it's a cultural thing. I know David and Gene are from New York and many of my New York friends can act the same way when irritated. Where I'm from I was raised to keep conversations civil, no matter how idiotic the person you're talking to is. Maybe this approach does not make for good radio. I guess I just wasn't prepared for the tone of the show, so it came as a bit of a shock. I, like everyone else, rolled my eyes as soon as she mentioned Clifford Stone and knew that the rest of what she was going to say would be highly suspect. I just felt a bit uncomfortable when the hosts started yelling at the guest.

You were raised that way so you wouldn't pitch a fit when your parents told you to do something stupid. Notice, how they didn't practice what they preached to you always?

We were all raised that way (in words, but not deed). Some of us, don't conform to it.

I'm all for being civil. And if you can do a better show than Gene and David has, let me know. I will listen. These bastards charge nothing for their show and get little in return. So, I find it hard to gripe. David DID withold himself throughout MUCH of the program. I could tell it, and plus he said it in a post or two. I'm not so sure that was a good thing. He was nice. He got passionate a few times, as well he should. See this as rude, or see this as not selling out. David wasn't killing all of himself in the program. He stifled it. They gave her more than enough chance, without interruption to make her case. They gave her more air time than cnn ever has, or ever will.

If you feel uncomfortable about what you hear on the radio, that says more about you, and your lack of control of your own emotions than it does the hosts.

You were raised that way so you wouldn't pitch a fit when your parents told you to do something stupid. Notice, how they didn't practice what they preached to you always?

We were all raised that way (in words, but not deed). Some of us, don't conform to it.

I'm all for being civil. And if you can do a better show than Gene and David has, let me know. I will listen. These bastards charge nothing for their show and get little in return. So, I find it hard to gripe. David DID withold himself throughout MUCH of the program. I could tell it, and plus he said it in a post or two. I'm not so sure that was a good thing. He was nice. He got passionate a few times, as well he should. See this as rude, or see this as not selling out. David wasn't killing all of himself in the program. He stifled it. They gave her more than enough chance, without interruption to make her case. They gave her more air time than cnn ever has, or ever will.

If you feel uncomfortable about what you hear on the radio, that says more about you, and your lack of control of your own emotions than it does the hosts.

Why does this turn to an attack on me? I was just making an observation. I have said in my previous posts that Gene and David have the best show out there. So making the sarcastic remark about my being able to do a better show is uncalled for. I love EVERY show that they do whether it be on UFO's, ghosts or any other paranormal topic. Plus, I don't think you, not knowing me at all, have any room to judge my parents or my upbringing . As far as the control of my emotions, know that I have written this message with a smile on my face. ;)

As for Paola, she's a &*^&head! Hopefully she will go away and take the rest of her exopolitic friends with her.

David, please don't take anything that I have said as any kind of disrespect. Having been interested in this topic for over 25 years, it's great to finally here someone with a brain talk on this subject. You do the show for free so you don't get monetary compensation, but the amount of respect you get from people like me and the others on this board is priceless.

Why does this turn to an attack on me? I was just making an observation. I have said in my previous posts that Gene and David have the best show out there. So making the sarcastic remark about my being able to do a better show is uncalled for. I love EVERY show that they do whether it be on UFO's, ghosts or any other paranormal topic. Plus, I don't think you, not knowing me at all, have any room to judge my parents or my upbringing . As far as the control of my emotions, know that I have written this message with a smile on my face. ;)

As for Paola, she's a &*^&head! Hopefully she will go away and take the rest of her exopolitic friends with her.

David, please don't take anything that I have said as any kind of disrespect. Having been interested in this topic for over 25 years, it's great to finally here someone with a brain talk on this subject. You do the show for free so you don't get monetary compensation, but the amount of respect you get from people like me and the others on this board is priceless.

I'm not sure Aaron was trying to be offensive, its perhaps the way he said it. I was going to add a post agreeing with him to some degree.
But to rephrase in a non personal manner:

Some people don't like hearing conflict between 2 people as it makes them uncomfortable. This is usually down to their personality, and personality is usually down to upbringing.

For example, I come from a family where instead of working together to resolve problems in an intelligent fashion, all trialling situations are promptly followed by endless hours of arguing. People in my family tend to argue with each other so much that they don't even remember what they are arguing about, they just want to win the fight.

As a result, i have always hated arguing, and often get uncomfortable with it when i hear it in examples such as the show (although I wasn't too bothered by it in this instance). Its one of the reasons i despise shows like Big Brother, as watching it simply involves watching a bunch of people argue all day....

Other people however probably really enjoyed Paola taking a good hiding on the show... and thats fine too. The point is, which camp you are in (or somewhere in between) probably just depends on what type of person you are, and your tolerance threshold to confrontation.... :)

Everyone be chill - I appreciate all the passion people bring to the conversation here, and I have no problems with folks expressing their concerns about some of the shows, especially when we bring on guests who are already suspect. I was indeed harsh with Paola, and you know what, I don't regret it - and she's an adult, she can take the criticism. And if she can't - then she should take her thoughts and opinions elsewhere.

And as far as Gene & I, and our approach to what we do on this show, check this out.

dB

FLdean, If your attack comment was toward me, know this, I have not attacked you anymore than you've attack the show. See here, you can voice your opinion. Be prepared for others to say something that might not resonate with you. It isn't personal, it's engaging issues.

If the chill remark included me David, I am quite calm.

Hoff, you're right I wasn't trying to be offensive. Nor did I sugar coat my responses. I'm cut and dry. I try and be direct. I understand some people may not like it. But I stopped caring about that long ago. You can't sugar coat these issues. It only delays understandings. I made accurate points to that person. It might not feel good to read, but they have a chance of rebuttal.

Look guys, I did not attack the show. The show is great. Anything you said about me could not be accurate because you don't know me. I don't know you. You're probably a great guy or girl. I think it is wonderful that people can discuss the show and their opinions of it. Yes, people will not agree on every aspect. That is expected. I apologize if I misinterpreted your remarks concerning me. As for sugarcoating this subject, I don't either. I'm right up there with the rest of you when something is blatantly untrue or ridiculous. Point it out and move on. As we should do now. Let's look forward to the next show.

I wasn't attacking you, I was disagreeing with you. Sorry if you felt flamed by me. I just have 0 tolerance for these people, and tend to get a little animated.

Never mind Aaron he's was probably hung over :)

I wasn't attacking you, I was disagreeing with you. Sorry if you felt flamed by me. I just have 0 tolerance for these people, and tend to get a little animated.

Never mind Aaron he's was probably hung over :)

No, I'm not hungover yet. But, really, I do that bad tonight? I thought I was rather impartial. Hmm. Maybe I need to hang it up. Last thing I want to do is piss off people here.

Back