• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Waterboarding Paola

pong

Groupthink Must Die
This was not an interview--it was an inquisition. It was embarrassing even to listen. Rarely have I heard a "guest" treated with such rudeness. The words petty, childish, caustic and argumentative also come to mind. Ms. Harris, to her credit, displayed amazing grace under pressure and tried to answer all questions, even the blatantly unfair ones. For many years Paola has traveled the world to interview witnesses and report their experiences. I said report--not evaluate, analyze, validate or prove. How do you validate the assertions of a military whistleblower who worked in a classified program? If you want proof, Gene and David, you may have to sneak into the "blue room" at Wright-Patt or visit one of the classified labs at SAIC.

There's little money to be made in this type of reporting but she continues on because she knows it's important work and it adds to the body of knowledge. I'm sorry, but I didn't hear Gene or David thank Paola Harris her for many years of valuable work that is respected by many.

Near the end of the show, after Ms. Harris was off the line, she was further marginalized and just referred to as "these people" and one of the "fakers." Welcome to the Backstabbercast.

Anyone who thinks Meier is the real deal shouldnt be in a position of authority in this field (IMO). And to make matters worse she didnt even believe him when he described himself as an expert and told her the photos were fake.

Paola hurts herself more so than David or Gene has, or probably will.

Thankfully they take their guests to task here. If they didn't, it would be just another of the many gullible shows out there.

I thought they were quite nice to Paola, but at the same time didn't sell out.

Maybe try C2C, OP if you haven't. Seems more your speed.

This was not an interview--it was an inquisition...

Must not quote Monty Python ... Must NOT quote Monty Python.

And if I did would Pong or indeed Paola Harris even notice??

If my jaw droppeth any more, I shall have to put scaffolding up to somehow keep it attached to my face ...

Is there any sense of discernment anymore in the US? No wonder the US is falling apart at the seams. People over there just don't seem to question what they see happening around them. And then do they care?? Where is the anger??

Oh boy ... must take a very large deep breath. I think that Gene and David did what any reasonable, intelligent people did with this episode.

They asked sensible and reasonable questions of Harris, and then with logic picked Harris' non-scientific nonsense apart.

She is supposed to be a "journalist". I always thought journalists were trained to question, and not just go along with what ever crap hits them in the face (ooo ... nasty :D) ... but it really looks like she just goes along with this crap ad nauseam, and doesn't even blink, or doesn't even seem to want to blink.

Its late here, and I am in the middle of going to bed ... but I just had to add something to this thread before I retire for the night, and have that dream I have been planning in my subconsious since I finished listening to the latest episode a couple of days ago.

All I shall say is:

Paola Harris, Michael Horn, Billy "Mystical Beard" Meier, Steven Greer, Sylvia Browne et al ... large pointy sticks, large vats of acid, napalm, several circles of hell ... and you can guess the rest :p

schtick ... who is now about to retire gracefully from this day and dream of happier times :D (now where are my large pointy sticks ...:eek:)

This was not an interview--it was an inquisition. It was embarrassing even to listen. Rarely have I heard a "guest" treated with such rudeness. The words petty, childish, caustic and argumentative also come to mind. Ms. Harris, to her credit, displayed amazing grace under pressure and tried to answer all questions, even the blatantly unfair ones. For many years Paola has traveled the world to interview witnesses and report their experiences. I said report--not evaluate, analyze, validate or prove. How do you validate the assertions of a military whistleblower who worked in a classified program? If you want proof, Gene and David, you may have to sneak into the "blue room" at Wright-Patt or visit one of the classified labs at SAIC.

There's little money to be made in this type of reporting but she continues on because she knows it's important work and it adds to the body of knowledge. I'm sorry, but I didn't hear Gene or David thank Paola Harris her for many years of valuable work that is respected by many.

Near the end of the show, after Ms. Harris was off the line, she was further marginalized and just referred to as "these people" and one of the "fakers." Welcome to the Backstabbercast.

I'm going out on a limb here, but based upon the two posts only, and lack of information on the profile, you wouldn't happen to be Paola pretending to be a random listener would you? ::)

I'm going out on a limb here, but based upon the two posts only, and lack of information on the profile, you wouldn't happen to be Paola pretending to be a random listener would you? ::)

If it is, she joined back in Aug.

You can deduce this person likes journalist from the two posts though.

Well it would be pretty amateurish to just sign up after the show.
The plan: You make a post a a month or two before your set to go on the paracast, praising the guests for their good interviewing. Then after your show, you accuse them of slander without getting busted...

I'm only joking around anyway, but based on Paola's interview I wouldnt be suprised :D

Waterboarding? :p Hell, that was a good old Paracast ass kicking, and well deserved I might add. This person calls herself an educator? I wanted David to really give it to her, I thought he was pretty nice considering. What does she charge people for these "courses" that she gives, all 3 of them? :D

If you don't listen to the Paracast often, I can see how you'd be thrown off by the hosts being way more aggressive and candid in their views. Thank God for podcasts and underground media or we'd be served the same cookie cutter shite that is Larry King et al.

Unlike most interview shows, the Paracast isn't a forum for people to be friendly to each other for the sake of being friendly and just learn about what someone else thinks of about their new book, although to Gene's credit he goes out of his way to provide people with ample plugs for anything they want regardless of how shitty the interview goes.

In a way the paracast is an interrogation. Physical Waterboarding? Not quite. Virtual Waterboarding for people that can't back up what they say and believe with any real logic, yes. You can argue it is virtual waterboarding for those people. And it's easy to argue that David does not act very friendly or composed when his bullshit detector goes off, and that is just one of the reasons why David will never be President of the country :) He's the snikering Al Gore to the clueless GW Bush.

It's like Punk music. It came about as a response to the fluffy overblown music that some where along the way totally lost the point of what rock is about. The paracast's 'tude' is in response to fluffy pie in the sky evangelists who continue to be the leading voices in a space that is getting completely damaged in the mainstream by these pie in the sky people.

To think for one second, God forbid 60 Minutes does a piece on the leading voices in the UFO world and they get Steve Greer and Paola Harris to be interviewed, they would be on a national stage and tank because they can not back up a large percentage of what they say and if you are going to be on stage in front of the mainstream population with a key opportunity to get this field the credibility it deserves and you start talking about shit that you have no idea about, it's just gonna continue the self perpetuating pool of dog poo. This is one of the many functions I hope the Paracast can continue to serve, to weed out the shite.

So I guess my point is maybe the Paracast could have a disclaimer that says, "be prepared to back up what you say", but in a way, what does that say about other interview shows? That they don't care about proof and logic? That's probably a huge reason why the shit is hitting the fan across the country as I write this.

Who cares about whether these people can actually afford the mortage, lets just make short term money everyone is doing it, right?

Who cares if the 911 criminals had nothing to do with Iraq, lets just go there and everything will work it's way out?

Who cares about whether any of these web start ups have viable business plans, lets just give them millions of dollars, it will work itself out....

Who cares whether Clifford Stone has one iota of evidence to back up his wild claims, lets just put him on the stand next to Robert Salas and it will work itself out?

If your gonna put yourself in the public eye, you have to be prepared to deal with the ramifications when people start asking you to back up what you say. Let's hope to God that this happens tonight to Sara Palin!!!

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Staccato222 BT, Serifa BT, MS Mincho]I've been looking for info on these classes she gives, these sound GREAT! .....and she clearly isn't in this for the money.:rolleyes: Galactic Diplomacy? Geeeez....she didn't say she was the galactic ambassador training officer at the institute, had I known I would have taken her more seriously.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Staccato222 BT, Serifa BT, MS Mincho]Exopolitics Certificate - The tuition cost for each course is $375 (five courses total). Students have the choice of paying at the start of each semester for the courses they intend to complete or can pay in advance the reduced rate of $1500 to cover all tuition costs ($375 saving off total course cost of $1875)[/FONT].
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Staccato222 BT, Serifa BT, MS Mincho]Galactic Diplomacy Certificate - The tuition cost for each course is $375 (four courses and one seminar). Students have the choice of paying at the start of each semester for the courses they intend to complete or can pay in advance the reduced rate of $1200 to cover all tuition costs ($300 saving off total course cost of $1500)[/FONT].[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Staccato222 BT, Serifa BT, MS Mincho] Seminar Tuition (cost varies according to event location, combination packages and early bird specials). Click here for more info.[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Staccato222 BT, Serifa BT, MS Mincho]Exopolitics Diploma - The tuition cost for each course (five), the Substantial Research Paper and the Advanced Instructor Training is $375 each. Students have the choice of paying at the start of each semester for the courses they intend to complete or can pay in advance the reduced rate of $1995 to cover all coursework tuition costs ($630 saving off total course cost of $2625)[/FONT]. [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Tahoma, Staccato222 BT, Serifa BT, MS Mincho] Seminar Tuition (cost varies according to event location, combination packages and early bird specials). Click here for more info.[/FONT]

This was not an interview--it was an inquisition. It was embarrassing even to listen. Rarely have I heard a "guest" treated with such rudeness.

I take it the writer missed the last Dr. Greer episode, the great angry hosts vs. the filibuster. This was nothing compared to that episode.

That and $2.00 will get you on any New York City subway, right? :D

Do I get a cool communicator badge with my Galactic Diplomacy Certificate?
Combadge_2370s.jpg

or at least a phaser or something?

Man, this just gets worse all the time. Clicked a few links from Paola's site and found this gem. These are her associates in this institute, it seems for 2 grand(airfare not included) you can spend 7 days in Bolivia with them and they will introduce you to some folks from Atlantis. :eek:

http://retreats.earthtransformation.com/

Actually, Paola should have known this was going to happen. When she first met Dave back at the Atlantic City Conference, he was in her face yelling much of the time about these very subjects. For some reason she lobbied the Paracast to come on as a guest AFTER that meeting.

Actually, Paola should have known this was going to happen. When she first met Dave back at the Atlantic City Conference, he was in her face yelling much of the time about these very subjects. For some reason she lobbied the Paracast to come on as a guest AFTER that meeting.
She must love being slapped around, I suppose. :D

Well, I have to correct that - I asked HER to come on the show earlier in the year, and we'd been playing email tag for months. So the blame is all mine - there, it's out in the open.

Next up, I ask Rick Doty to come on the show.

Who wants to bet he says NFW?

dB

Back