• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Vito Saccheri Moon Show Special

if you google moon structures you can see some of the supposed pictures online. There is even a website dedicated (i forget the address).... however non of the pictures I looked at were remotely compelling to me, but perhaps that is because of the resolution like Vito said.

I have the Leonard book as well. I seem to remember reading that Leonard at one point disavowed the book entirely. Anyone remember that?

You mean he claimed his earlier work was bunk? His own work?

Have you got the hard-cover of the paper back? Just curious because apparently the hard-cover has higher res images.

His own work, specifically the 'Somebody else is on the Moon' title. I had heard he 'withdrew his claims' but this was so long ago that I don't have a citation.

I have the hardback. There are a couple of really good pics that make you wonder. I remember one geometric shape, a hexagon,that was very clear and distinct. Most of the pictures, however, are the ususal indistinct 'am I really seeing something here?' type photos that could be anything. For example, he would interpret a small straight line in a photo as a 'gigantic excavation machine' used in a mining operation.

C'mon Don, show us the good stuff!

I found that photo on the net last year (Lear's site). I included in a thread I made about interesting moon photos.

Another version of the same photo:

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/43ancients/04images/Moon9/LO_5_168/lo5_h168_2_boulder.png

I agree it's one of the more interesting images out there.

Well Gareth that photograph IS GOOD STUFF! And, I have had that photo since 1992 or 3. As a matter of fact I sent that picture to Art Bell YEARS AGO when I was a guest on his C2C before he retired. He used it on his site and I would not be surprised if Lear got it from that.

Anyway, that is all I am gonna give until I know what is happening with the project I am working on.

Decker

Fair enough Don.

And BTW, I 100% agree -- that photo is extremely compelling.

If you could indulge my curiosity just a teeny, tiny bit... would you say the photos you haven't shown are MORE or LESS interesting than that photo?

Fair enough Don.

And BTW, I 100% agree -- that photo is extremely compelling.

If you could indulge my curiosity just a teeny, tiny bit... would you say the photos you haven't shown are MORE or LESS interesting than that photo?

At least as much, perhaps more. Stay tuned.

Decker

Well....looks to me like a rock rolled down a hill and left a track of its progress. The track itself doesn't look like a tank tread (not that it has to), but more like successive indentations of the rock itself as it rolled.

Well....looks to me like a rock rolled down a hill and left a track of its progress. The track itself doesn't look like a tank tread (not that it has to), but more like successive indentations of the rock itself as it rolled.

Yep. That is definitely a very high possibility, especially considering the two tracks seem to be somewhat parallel, which could indicate a consistent slope.

(Another tick in the 'rolling boulder' column is that fact that the surface of the moon is really light and powdery apparently. Really fine material that might be conducive to leaving a track like that)

However, it is claimed that the terrain in the photo is not raised enough, and apparently the larger object actually ascends a small section. I'm not claiming that's accurate, but it is what folks have determined from analysing the terrain (as much as possible).

I guess we have to take their word for it (or not).

Yep. That is definitely a very high possibility, especially considering the two tracks seem to be somewhat parallel, which could indicate a consistent slope.

The smaller object seems to be rolling up and out of the hole...

Attachments

• Small Object.jpg
    Small Object.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 10
Cyber: yeah it does look like that. I guess the hole itself could be on a slope, and the object is just rolling into then out of the small hole/crater. Im erring on the side of these not being rocks though... I have the big version set as my wallpaper and Ive spent a lot of time looking at it, and the way the sun is lighting up and reflecting off the terrain doesnt give the impression to me that its a down slope (although I did acknowledge the possibility that the slope itself could be out of frame, and the objects had enough to speed to keep rolling on flat land for a while).

Also I looked at those new photos of the Apollo landing sites and compared the remnants of the craft in the photos to the objects in this photo. The objects in this photo seem to be at least the same size as the Apollo objects, maybe bigger. Im estimating based on the size of nearby craters and land formations. I could be wrong, but its just the impression I get. Would be interested to hear others opinion on that.

Cyber: what are you seeing in the circled sections? My brain isnt picking it up (although once you point it out Im sure I wont be able to not see it;))

Cyber: what are you seeing in the circled sections? My brain isnt picking it up (although once you point it out Im sure I wont be able to not see it;))

Gareth - It might be me, I may have had too much pasta for dinner :)

I seem to see two people (I'll just call it that) of the same size and almost facing the same direction, it also seems that they are going toward the odd 'rocks'.

Back