• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Username secrets revealed!

Don,

Funny, before I knew who you were, I thought it might have been a reference to "Decker" from Blade Runner.

Absolutely loved Blade Runner and in those days drooled over Sean Young. Yaba Daba Do!

Oh yeah, and that was before Sean went all wiggity in the noodle. I think she is cool now thanks to better living through chemistry.

Decker
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

My moniker is a play on words. I came up with it when I was in college.
"exo" for extraterrestrial, "doc" for doctor. That's when I was majoring in astronomy, with applied physics as a minor and really wanted to be a professional astronomer. I ended up majoring in engineering with an applied physics minor, but then I went back and Mastered in Geophysical and Cadastral Cartography.....I now make maps for the government. Eh, it's a living.

exodoc could also kinda go with "exotic"...exodoc....exotic.

Yeah I know, bad yukyuk.

My photo, or avatar, up there in the corner is me trying to get some damn grass to grow in my back yard!!!! (Yeah that's a lawn mower with a dish. I can watch "Jersey Shore" and mow at the same time.) Har har

I chose mine in homage to 70s cop movies and the Beastie Boys video to Sabotage. Maverick NY cop-style.

"Yo Kandinsky! You got 24 hours or I'll have your badge and your gun. You're a fuckin' disgrace! Now get the hell outta here!"

The reason for a nom-de-plume is I can't be associated with this wacky BS at work. I apply the rules of Fight Club to ufology in real life. i.e. Rule one is you never talk about ufology.:D

Learned that one sloooowly...bbridges

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

No mystery here, I am just completely unimaginative. I had a license plate in high school that said "yawhtevr" and I have used that in the past but it didn't feel right. So since my momma called me Ron Collins I guess I better go by it.

One too many 'whatever's never brings out the best in a parent.

Underdog, his day job sucks (shoeshine boy), his girlfriend may be a dog, and he gets his greatest superpowers from a pill he keeps hidden in his man/dog jewelry... but that withstanding he is, of course, the greatest superhero ever!

Look, up in the sky!
It's a bird!
It's a plane!
It's a frog!

No, not bird, nor plane, nor even frog...It's just little old me, Underdog.

Underdog, his day job sucks (shoeshine boy), his girlfriend may be a dog, and he gets his greatest superpowers from a pill he keeps hidden in his man/dog jewelry... but that withstanding he is, of course, the greatest superhero ever!

Look, up in the sky!
It's a bird!
It's a plane!
It's a frog!

No, not bird, nor plane, nor even frog...It's just little old me, Underdog.

So you like biscuits :DYea I am a fish so what! all that medical genetic engineering and all those steroids still keeps me going in the Indian Ocean :)
Big Fun;)
Blowing in the wind:p
Big on Freedom:cool:

My longtime former Olde fiend James Moseley (of 'Saucer Smear') called being into Ufos "saucering" and those ( )'ing, "saucerers". (Per 'flying saucers'). I have been a saucerer for years. Long ago, I unfortunately had some daliances with some guy saucerers. "Unfortunately", because (unbeknownst to me consciously at the time) I was not ready to be involved with other people in any kind of healthy quality way, for personal reasons. Was treated like a 'wench'. I looked that word up in the online dictionary, and the meanings are mostly unflattering. But it's a hillarious word, and a few people have reacted to it, every now and then, with 'shock and awe' (Like watching an [uncomfortable] Steven Colbert show). Suppose I shouldn't get laughs at my expense. Maybe it's the "grogg" (wench!!!)

Well, the/our sun is dying, which leads us to other stars and my general fascination with astronomy/our perceived universe. Found it fitting and it stuck, though I still got asked if I was Japanese once or twice. ;)

I'll never tell! NEVER!! MUAHAHAHA!

Actually it's just not that exciting. For the record though, I'm not a captain of anything and none of my intials are G.

Like Kandinsky I too follow the "Fight Club" rule number one due to my medical/surgical professional credentials and moderately high international profile.

AB are simply the first two letters of the alphabet. "Archie" is because of a personal association with Sagittarius, and "Bedford" because the day before I joined these forums, I met a cute little white haired terrier of that name which belonged to the boyfriend of the barmaid in my local country-village pub. Archie Bedford bears no relation to my real name (though plenty of people who have PM'd me through these forums about their abduction experiences now know my real ID).

Ok, here is a thread for folks to enlighten us about their choice of username. I'll start since absolutely no-one gets mine and often misinterprets it to mean something that isn't intended. Here goes:

Checking the mailbag this morning I see little Joey from Poquipsee has a couple of questions. Here they are:

Where in the hell do you get off calling yourself The Trained Observer? Aren't you the pretentious little snot?

Well Joey, the "Trained Observer" username is a bit of a Ufological joke you see. In UFO literature references are often made about the lack of any "trained observers" around when UFOs show up. As far as training goes, I'm trained to operate the remote and to program the DVR and observe the results. So you see, the jokes on you Joey. Now run along and get a life why don't you? That's a good boy.

I got it all along. In fact I giggled a little bit to myself when I first read the name.

Silly thing is, I was actually a trained observer when in the USMC and working on a Naval vessel on the signal bridge.

Also wanted to add that Xylo is my gaming name and I just applied it to this forum. My avatar is a depiction of Thoth-reputed to be one of the wisest of the Egyptians, a legendary figure that has been elevated by modern man to "god" status.

I done flunked out of Brain Surgeon school, so I decided to do something exciting. All of my adventures have been at my own expense, though. In more ways than one...

I named myself from a fictional character, Pygar, who, like me, has no memory. I hope someday to find the uncut, uncensored version of that movie. Have to wonder what those six minutes had in 'em that was so much worse than what had gone before? Well, the two main character women kiss, but probably not for six minutes.. I could live with being proven wrong on this point...

I named myself from a fictional character, Pygar, who, like me, has no memory. I hope someday to find the uncut, uncensored version of that movie. Have to wonder what those six minutes had in 'em that was so much worse than what had gone before? Well, the two main character women kiss, but probably not for six minutes.. I could live with being proven wrong on this point...

did a quick search and found this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062711/alternateversions

Thanks! The version out on DVD is clearly "uncut", meaning "as it was shown in the USA in 1968". I was referring to the 104-minute original Euro-cut, as seen in England etc. This version is six minutes longer, and has the two characters Sun and Moon in it, which are listed in the credits but never show up as such on the DVD version.

Back