• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

UFOs,Aliens, And Racism By: Posey Gilbert

We do tend to bump into each other on here. I thought at one time Mike was a bully. He's not. I then thought man what if you were in the same room with him. He would try to start a fight. He wouldn't. We don't know each other and we try to form opinions on each other from short snippets on an internet forum. It's just not really possible to "understand" the other person from a few blurbs on a forum. Both of you make some good points here. I don't agree with all of them but I do respect the thought and effort put into them. :cool:

We do tend to bump into each other on here. I thought at one time Mike was a bully. He's not. I then thought man what if you were in the same room with him. He would try to start a fight. He wouldn't. We don't know each other and we try to form opinions on each other from short snippets on an internet forum. It's just not really possible to "understand" the other person from a few blurbs on a forum. Both of you make some good points here. I don't agree with all of them but I do respect the thought and effort put into them. :cool:

For example, I'm totally awesome.

I'm not turning a blind eye to anything. I see it as about attitude Mike. There are more intelligent ways of addressing the problem of how human activity impacts the ecosystem than despotism and anti-humanism.

The fact of the matter is. as you've illustrated in your reply, the future health of the human species is dependent on the health of the Earth's ecosystem. How we address that should be from a standpoint of human-centrism that acknowledges and exploits both our strengths and weaknesses and our position in the ecosystem. Laws and cultural influences are certainly part of the answer but they have to come from a better place than self-loathing.

From a bigger picture viewpoint human beings are just another species of animal life living on the Earth. We belong here just as much as anything else living here. As thinking beings we have a responsibility that some of the others don't have I would agree, however our greatest responsibility is in ensuring that succeeding generations of human beings thrive. I think no one can deny that means we have to be more concerned with what we are doing to ourselves and to our planet as we do so.

I suspect that we are going to be dealing with these population related problems here on Earth, struggling to find some equilibrium until the next kill-off happens and we start all over. I think the solution is education but it may be too little too late at this point in this cycle of human development. Maybe we'll get it in the next go round.

Any philosophy that demeans human beings is flawed from the get-go and I really feel that these attitudes have resulted in more problems than solutions throughout history.

On a side note, one terrifying alternative to our problems can be found in Jack Williamson's The Humanoids and D.F. Jones Colossus(The Forbin Project) where machines are programmed with rules to nanny the human race. I don't think we want that any more than we want human despots culling populations though. The solution, as Williamson explores in the second book in the series, and as I think Quinn eludes to in his books, is probably a turning away from technology and industrialization to some great extent as opposed to a scientific dictatorship.

I never said we didnt have a right to be here, my point was about balance, whats absurd is to let our population get so out of proportion to the other tenants that we wind up killing them off.
If ants, bunny rabbits, monkeys (name any species) could kill all humans for survival of their species whether intentional or not, they would. This is natural behavior, all things tend to average out, so in time any dominant species will be replaced.

If ants, bunny rabbits, monkeys (name any species) could kill all humans for survival of their species whether intentional or not, they would. This is natural behavior, all things tend to average out, so in time any dominant species will be replaced.

We make the claim of being the dominant species on the earth but I think that is an illusion. A person could reasonably argue that the Earth is dominated by insect or microbiol lifeforms. Not only do you have their incredible numbers to consider but on any given day a bacteria or some such could arise and kill off millions people, birds, or what have you in a matter of hours. Insects out number us and their activity has an incredible impact on the ecosystem and other species. It's all in your perspective.

We make the claim of being the dominant species on the earth but I think that is an illusion. A person could reasonably argue that the Earth is dominated by insect or microbiol lifeforms. Not only do you have their incredible numbers to consider but on any given day a bacteria or some such could arise and kill off millions people, birds, or what have you in a matter of hours. Insects out number us and their activity has an incredible impact on the ecosystem and other species. It's all in your perspective.
Well stated.

Well reasoned and stated Tyder001 my friend.
No one has all the answers, but all have the right to be heard.
I have always found you fair in your thoughts and actions here.
We all are passionate about our understanding of our Mother realms, when we feel she's threatened passion will always push reason aside and dictate our thoughts, words, and deeds.
Once the perceived threat is put to rest passion steps aside to let reason return to its proper place at the center of our guidance.

It seems to me that although UFO and alien encounters take place through out the world whenever they are being televised or made into a documentary there is always an absence of people of color in them.
Is it that these things do not occur to people of a darker hue?
Or is it that the media feels that these people are less credible because they mainly occupy the lower rung of the social ladder in western societies?
Because of this there is a wide spread notion among the minorities that minorities are not abducted by these beings what ever they are.
As a result those that are, are less likely to talk about it or seek help when the reality that these things do happen brings their "Weltanschauung" crashing down about their ears.
They are for the most part left to fend for themselves by family friends and their churches.
Some go crazy and other seek the solace offered by drugs, alcohol, among and in some cases madness and suicide.
Of course this happens to Caucasians as well, but when they report these things, the media seems more than willing to come running to investigate what is going on.
I often wonder if the sightings that are taking place in Mexico, and South America were taking place, in such numbers over Europe, what would be the media's response then?
If Betty Hill had not been with Barney when the abduction took place, or had been black, Native American, Asian or a Latin, what then?
Would there have been any attention at all paid to them?
As it is although Barney was there also, so little is known about how it affected him, and those about him that, he may as well not have been there at all.
True Barney may not have been as forth coming about this as was Betty, and I am grateful that she was.
Still saying that their roles had been reversed would White America have listened?
Unfortunately I am forced to answer that in the negative for even with the incident in Africa made famous by the late Professor John Mack in the early nineties, why were there so few black Africans interviewed?
When I asked him about that at a lecture he gave his response was,
"Well I will be going back to Africa to speak to more black people about abductions."
My response was,
"You don't have to go to Africa to speak to black people there are plenty of us here."
It was not said to be confrontational but to point out to him that there was a resource closer to home that he could focus on also.
Please understand I am not over looking the fact that like most people, black people will not talk about these events when they happen to them, not even to each other.
Oddly enough they seem to adhere to the old lines delivered by Project Blue Book and Carl Sagan even more so than do most whites.
Yet in the same breath they will say they don't believe anything that the white media says.
The biggest surprise to me is that some do not even know when they have actually witnessed a UFO or had a significant sighting!
A good example of that was shown to me when I tracked down a fellow that over forty years ago witness an awesome display in the skies of the South Bronx with fifty others and me.
During the passing of an enormous UFO Cloud Ship as I called it then (Plasma Craft) as some call them today, the clear night sky ripped open to show another sky within the sky.
That sky was lighter than ours, as if it was just after sun down where we were seeing, although the sun had set where we were.
That sky had other stars in it, but in other configurations.
Then a huge moon like ball rose out of this other sky and passed through the opening, which immediately closed behind it.
This other moon like object then danced in arches in our skies before expanding and fading away into a faint grayness.
This happened three times in succession.
At that point I left thinking that if this was the end of the world I preferred to die at home with my family.
When I finally relocated Robert Epps some thirty years later to my shock and utter amazement he said he hadn't thought about it anymore since it happened, and that not one of the other fifty plus people there ever spoke of it beyond that point.
He then told me I should forget about it!
As a result of this kind of thinking, it seems there is now a rift with in the UFO community.
There are those that believe that the aliens will come to annihilate one race in favor of the other.
The Nordics will kill off all the blacks, and the Nibiru will kill off all the whites while those hated Greys are coming to eat everyone.
This is but a small part of the nonsense I hear spouted these days.
In my experiences I have encountered Nordics as some call them, Greys, and jet-black beings and truly I feel they do not feel a difference toward any of us.
We to them are just another species that they are studying, or harvesting at this time.
It is foolish for us to attach our racist viewpoints to them for to them we are but one race, human.

I respect your thoughts sincerely. Here is one thing to remember that most abductee/contactees do not come forward to tell their story. Abduction researchers sign confidential agreements with their abductees they study.

I know several abduction researchers and they all tell me that their pool of abductees are located all around the world and of all race and creed.

I understand your suspicion Posey and I respect your concern greatly, however remember that most contactees are not public with their stories, they have never been on radio shows, t.v. shows etc.

Posey what I am saying is that abductions take place in Peru, Mexico, Russia, Australia, Africa, United States, Japan, and China

So it may seeem like there are not people of color being abdcuted but ask any abudction researcher and they will tell you that actually there is many races abducted however you only see the names on t.v. and radio shows that want to be public.

If they are harvesting conciousness, as has been suggested , then skin colour is of peripheral significance.
With the obvious aspect of the treatment that person received as a result of skin colour on their conciousness.

I tend to think our native bio-forms are small fish in the bigger picture

"They" have been known to harvest genetic material not consciousness.
That's just some more Newage Sewage recently made up by some Wannabe UFO Guru
to hook some Believers.
No real Experiencer will ever fall for that crap.

Posey what I am saying is that abductions take place in Peru, Mexico, Russia, Australia, Africa, United States, Japan, and China

So it may seeem like there are not people of color being abdcuted but ask any abudction researcher and they will tell you that actually there is many races abducted however you only see the names on t.v. and radio shows that want to be public.

I am very much aware of that RygyWa.
I am only saying that their experiences are not treated or high lighted like those of a lighter hue.
Here on Earth caucasians are the true minority, so this phenomena is happening more to those of a darker hue, than is reflected in the media.
But your thoughts ring true, I know many Experiencers that say, "I am never going to tell it!"
But that is again because of fear as to how they will be treated after outing themselves in the media.
It is not fun, but then, I never expected it to be.

"They" have been known to harvest genetic material not consciousness.
That's just some more Newage Sewage recently made up by some Wannabe UFO Guru
to hook some Believers.
No real Experiencer will ever fall for that crap.

Actually there are a number of examples where this topic is brought up

"They" told Streiber "we recycle souls" which imo is another term for conciousness, that unique experience set that makes each of us unique.

The collins elite think the same thing

Rather, the group - which calls itself the Collins Elite - concludes that the "aliens" are, in reality, literal demonic entities that are trying to seduce us with a false lure of supposed alien technology, and to - quite literally - steal and farm our souls. The group claim to have discovered evidence that these demonic entities - that seem to utilize a weird combination of advanced technology and archaic rite and ritual - derive a form of "energy sustenance" from the human soul or life force.

And while i dont subscribe to the demons aspect, there may be something in the idea.

Just when will this ultimate life-affirming feat be possible? In Kurzweil's estimation, we will be able to upload the human brain to a computer, capturing "a person's entire personality, memory, skills and history", by the end of the 2030s; humans and non-biological machines will then merge so effectively that the differences between them will no longer matter; and, after that, human intelligence, transformed for the better, will start to expand outward into the universe,

By 2040 you will be able to upload your brain... - Science - News - The Independent

That sounds exactly like what the collins elite are describing, and we are learning to do it.

According to Ian Pearson, a British futurist, death will be a thing of the past by 2050.

Pearson is one of many futurists, cybernetic experts and artificial intelligence researchers whose thoughts are converging on the same basic idea: Why not upload everything that's in the brain—everything that makes a person who they are—into a computer and then download it again into a new body?
How to become immortal: Upload your mind - by Terrence Aym - Helium

Perhaps the genetic material is being collected to clone this "new body" , perhaps they need to match your genetic material to your conciousness to stop what we call in organ transplants "rejection"

We are about to perfect this technology someday, perhaps "they" already have and are transbiological in nature.

Even the old religious texts echo the meme, The jesus character says when you die, you go to live for eternity in the heavens with a "new body", an optimised body free of the corruptions found in our native bioforms.

Our own technology is rushing towards this reality......................

One day we may ourselves be able to live in the heavens in optimised clone bodies, and be able to do so for a very long time perhaps even eternity, when one body wears out, nip back in time to the original native bioform and get a sample and create a new one to transfer to. Perhaps thats why these samples are typically taken when you are young, before the DNA starts to get corrupted by free radicals, pollution, radiation and bad lifestyles

One day we may ourselves be able to live in the heavens in optimised clone bodies, and be able to do so for a very long time perhaps even eternity, when one body wears out, nip back in time to the original native bioform and get a sample and create a new one to transfer to.

Shades of Zardoz.

Thats a poor comparison, by our standards none are sentient, sentient creatures should be able to rationalise their behaviour and moderate themselves with the future in mind.
You are trying to make this an all or nothing proposition, but its not its about balance, its about recognising the need to share the earth, not breed out of control like locusts to the point where everything gets destroyed in their mindless growth.
Whats absurd is the gestalt of your quote, that since ants rabbits or monkey would given the chance kill all humans, we as humans have the right, since we have the ability, to kill off all the ants rabbits monkeys etc.... Now thats the most absurd thing ive read here

Thats why a world govt is the next step imo
Lets take one example, the rainforests of south america, the world says leave them alone, they are the planets lungs, and happily consumes "their" regional resources, the south americans say why should we be broke when this resource can be exploited.
A world Govt, would enact a load sharing policy, the forests get left alone, and resources from other countries shared with south america so everyone had an equal standard of living.

lol.... "..by our standards.."... Mike, the earth and all other life forms on it could give a rats ass about our standards.

Thats hardly serious debate is it,
did you read the articles i linked ?

Real science not sci fi

Yes I did and it wasn't meant to be a serious debate and those were speculative articles and not peer reviewed scientific white papers.

The whole idea of soul or mind transfer is complete science fiction as far as I can tell. From a purely logical point of view it is a practical impossibility. There is simply nothing to transfer unless you remove the entire central nervous system and transplant it into a new, presumably cloned body.

Just what are they going to extract and transfer to somewhere else? Consciousness hasn't proven to be a thing that can be extracted.

From the longer article: "At the same time, he says humankind's inevitable move towards non-biological intelligence is "an essentially spiritual undertaking."

What nonsense. Even if some miracle technology were developed human beings cannot become machines and remain human beings, they would be something else. Someone may succeed in creating a machine that duplicates the behavior or even the appearance of a real person but it would never be that person transferred into a machine or clone body (unless you transplant the brain of course.) Humanity may at some date in the distant future create purely artificial human bodies and place their brains or copies of them in the things but that would no more be human evolution than putting yourself in a new car each year.

And MY GAWD! Why would we want to take The Plague and make it immortal? Will immortal non-biological intelligences derived from human beings behave any differently or have any more concern for the environment that real humans would? I think probably a hell of a lot less.

Back