• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Timothy Good

It seems we all are just on a revolving door of paranormal time slip ? and lets remember the late John Keel's book Operation Trojan Horse? It all up in the air regarding this crazy field and like a octopus it has many tentacles which effects all types of investigators, researcher's and just folks looking for entertainment in different ways.

I heard the J Word. I think Gene used it in this episode !

Pretty much describes the experience this time around ;)

Urban Dictionary: jaded
The end result of having a steady flow of negative experiences, disappointment, and unfulfillment fed into a person where they get to the point where their anger circuits just sort of burn out and they accept disillusionment

Christopher

I have been a loyal listener since the beginning and a supporter....big fan of yours and your books which i own. Merry Christmas to you and your Family.

I have to agree that it is UFO folklore that we like. Few actually believe aliens are threatening our existence. In fact, it is an intolerable thought. If we REALLY believed aliens were dominating our planet, we would freak out. We don't believe this. We, instead, play with this thought. We have fun with this thought. And that is because we are not really threatened. No, we are only f-ing with this idea. We are only interested in bedtime stories and Art Bell/Richard Hogwash fantasies.

Try this perspective; the UFO mystery has perplexed investigators for nearly seventy years, and in all that time not a single shred of proof has been produced that UFO's are anything other than misidentified aircraft, weather phenomenon, or something equally mundane. They have not been proven to extraterrestrial, or inter- dimensional, or from anywhere outside the realm of the known universe. Nothing truly paranormal has ever been proven to exist.

Still, the topic is always intriguing, and at the very least entertaining, but I don't think one should get carried away with it. . Maybe one day someone will come forward with hard proof of the paranormal, and at that point the speculators will step aside and the scientists will take over and establish standards and doctrine and all that, but until then it's anyone's game. Enjoy it for what it is, and keep an open mind. That means showing some respect for those who have different views on the phenomenon.

Nicely said flatwoods, nailed it. At least that's my perspective as well, as somebody else here mentioned.....prophetofoccam I think....I enjoy mulling over possibilities and quite frankly I like the folkloric ???? baggage that comes with the territory. but I don't get my panties caught in bunches if somebody doesn't share my pov and I'm not preoccupied with finding an answer or a source if it exists, I appreciate the phenomena for what it is, Whatever it is.

I was exercising when I was listening to this and was drinking from my camelbak water bladder.

So, I'm running on a track to the beach thinking YES, peace and quiet on Xmas day load up the paracast and away I go! The poor people I was passing on the running track, thought I had been shot by a sniper, when I spat the water out of my mouth after the first exchange between Mr Good & Gene...Chris was cringing in the background I could feel his facepalm all the way from the US permeating through my headphones!

After about 10 mins I thought to myself how are they going to proceed with this interview? Use excessive force ala the twins who shall not be mentioned or with dignity and grace? I had to stop and check the playlist time...yep it said 2 hours...FMD! I had to listen to the rest so that I could hear how the heck G & C were going to wade through this quicksand without getting dragged in! You both handled the situation very well I have to say. Interviewing Mr Good was akin to an interview of Sasha Baren Cohen in character as Borat.

FMD alien hybrids, 100 year plan? Sounds like every government on earth FFS! He sounds like he actually believes the information these so called 'insiders' are feeding him. Poor guy he's like a Betamax video recorder at a 2014 tech show!

Well, whatever it is, and whatever motivates the folklore spinner of tales, it is most reassuring to know that we are all wearing unbunched panties. Makes for a more comfortable holiday season IMO.

There is no question in my mind that there is weirdness. People see Squatch and ghosts and wee people and leprechauns and fairies and angels and monsters and greys. I'm sure this happens. I'm sure they are honest people. They are 'real' in that moment for those persons who are there. But is that 'real' like this computer? No. It is a different type of fleeting 'real.' I think Carl Jung basically said all of this long ago.

What is real? What if we are part of THE best simulation ever? With transhumanism becoming a huge topic over the last 5 or so years can you imagine if we really are part of the most elaborate xbox game?

One thing that got me thinking, was when Chris said..."what if we are the aliens?"

It hit me like a lightning bolt! What if we are the evil organism laying waste to everything on this planet? Wow think about it, we destroy each other in wars to protect what exactly? We destroy our environment every day? Humans control each other with usury and fear, the use of one's ego to drive them to work illogical hours for what? A better car? A bigger house?

Just watch the idiot box today, if only you had those shoes, that bag, that car, that suit you could be like lebron, beyonce, leonardo di caprio and george clooney...because if you had all those things you could be like them....and the closer you are to being like them...well you must be as happy as they seem...right?

This quote was written in 1970...by an amazing yet apparently disturbed man...

“Because today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing.”
Philip K. Dick

Can I add that transhumanism and the access of meta data by government and big corporations was the reason Ted Kozincky flipped out and went crazy. He saw what was happening and tried to stop it in the worst way possible.

The Technium: The Unabomber Was Right

Last edited:
Can I add that transhumanism and the access of meta data by government and big corporations was the reason Ted Kozincky flipped out and went crazy. He saw what was happening and tried to stop it in the worst way possible.

When Kaczynski 's manifesto was made public some of us hoped his brilliance was outweighed by his insanity and that perhaps he wasn't as insightful as he seemed. However, it seems that those who actually can see the future are often driven insane by the view.

Three weeks in a row three bogus guests.... way to go.

Here's the polarization again: actually, I think the Fusco & Rountree programs were to best back-to-back weeks of The Paracast in recent memory. And it's entertaining to listen to what the Timothy Good-types out there have to say once in a while.

The Paracast has been a part of my weekly routine for years now; and I say, "Long live The Paracast!"

When Kaczynski 's manifesto was made public some of us hoped his brilliance was outweighed by his insanity and that perhaps he wasn't as insightful as he seemed. However, it seems that those who actually can see the future are often driven insane by the view.
Who else would you put in this camp: Philip K. Dick?

The aliens come here from 17 trillion miles away in little ships with no bathrooms. And they are genetically engineering the human race to be docile. Ok. This is what my sources tell me who are deep inside the intelligence community. I can't tell you my sources. Also, you don't need to know where I went to school. Oh, I have also experienced telepathic communications with several females.

Just to play devil's advocate: 17 trillion miles is only 2.9 light years, so at only one-quarter light speed the journey could be made in about 12 years, which would be feasible for a civilization not all that much farther advanced than our own, and the smaller craft are thought to be shuttles dispatched from a mother ship, so it's not necessarily all that that odd that some UFOs ( alien craft ) don't have bathrooms. We don't have bathrooms in our cars or even our city transit busses. Are aliens genetically engineering humans? I don't know. It's possible. We're working on gene therapy ourselves. Is telepathy possible? I think so. Is protecting sources reasonable? Yes. Is withholding educational and other background information reasonable? I don't think so under normal circumstances, but in the case of someone pursuing a Ph.D. who wants to become a college or university professor, it may be politically prudent to honor the request of those who may be the ones you're sending your résumé to. None of this is intended to support any particular case, only to point out that those particular objections aren't necessarily all that objectionable.

Back