• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

This Forum is For Your Experiences

< Continued from previous). I have a couple minutes left, to ad this interesting tidbit. When I was in my early 30's, a Ufologist friend of mine who was visiting me, went into my local public library's microfiche, and collected a ---whole bunch--- of newspaper articles for me. From not only my town's which is located West of Chicago, (I'd rather not put the name of the town just now, just feel skittish about it) but Michigan.
In 1966, there was a very widespread frenzied flapwave going on, and the late Ufologist Richard Hall, wrote a book about it. Seems, there were all kinds of incidents of police officers chasing ufos, just like in the movie Close Encounters Of The third Kind.
In the mid 1970's, as a young teen, a gal friend and I broached the subject of ufos with some grownups at her Church. One of them told us that he remembered an incident of policemen chasing ufos, right in my area, and at the time of my missing time.

< continued from previous). I'm a little skittish about making my posts too long, because one time, I droned on and on in a post, and it decides to go 'poof!' Before I could post. I think my sleeve brushed on some culprit keypad.

I've had this happen a number of times, so if I'm going to make a long post I do it in a word processor off-line, then paste it in. If I use Microsoft Word, I then 'wash' it through Notepad to get rid of hidden characters so it will post well here.

I suppose if you lose your net connection, the message might go with it. Otherwise, I've never worried about typing direct into the forum's own text editing screen.

If that's not suitable, a straight text editor or notepad is sufficient. Word adds lots of nonsense code that has no value and could, I suppose, mess up the message formatting from time to time.

That's what happens. The connection will go and kaboom! There goes an hour of work. I have Wi-Fi and work on a notebook downstairs where the connection is actually upstairs. That's one vulnerability right there. The second is a Qwest DSL connection when the wind blows.

Your comment on Word is precisely why I wash a post through Notepad. But if you just type in Notepad, it does hard carriage returns and won't flow the text in paragraphs, as Word does, nor will it spell check. Plus if Word craps out on you, it has a recovery mechanism.

It's really easy and fast to do this. Just select all, copy and paste into Notepad. Then select all, copy and paste into the forum post. Maybe five seconds total.

Sorry to be off-topic, but thought this might help some folks--at least the loooong posters! (Guilty! :eek:)

Thanks, Paradudes!
So anyway, my 'missing time' incident took place when my family and I, lived in an apartment building on the West side of town. In 1968, we moved to the East side of town, into a 'housing' house. My memory is only able to glean, that the following ufo incidents took place, sometime between the years of 1969-to-1971.
One night, me and my Dad were sitting in the living room. We were watching TV, which was placed right in front of (under) the big living room window, that looked out to our backyard. It was a calm clear, mild weather night. No thunderstorms at all. Suddenly, the whole entire living room, filled with pure arc-weld white light. I was terrified. My little adolescent brain thought that the TV exploded like a big bomb, only there was no noise. This lasted for only one second. All the family members from the kitchen, came running into where we were. One of them went running outside. The boys from the house next door, were outside in their yard playing. They witnessed what happened. they told us, that a great white ball of light, had descended from the sky, down into toward our backyard. Kinda buzzed our house. then left. At that time, this neighborhood, even though it is your average residential suburban neighborhood, was rural. (Not any more!) The house a couple blocks North, had horses in his big yard. I used to stand at his fence with apples, and the horses would come running for their (probably unauthorized) treats. Point being, I believe if this ball of light was there now, a LOT of people would see it. Ufos seem to prefer operating more stealthily.
Here's another incident. One summer night, my youngest brother and my Mom were sitting outside in the backyard on the patio furnishings, looking up at the starry night sky. Suddenly, my brother burst in from the kitchen screen door. I was sitting in the kitchen. He was breathlessly alarming to me, that I need to hurry and see the ufo. For some reason, I had decided that he was pulling my leg, and I would not give in to his prank. But later, my Mom said to me, that him and her were watching this little star-like object, high up, like a satellite, ONLY, it was darting all over above the area of our house, making controlled impossible angles and stops and starts.
Here's a peculiar incident. One day, I was sitting in the living room reading my Dad's newspaper. I came across an article about an Air Force jet giving chase to a ufo. It was called a 'flying saucer', then. I recall, to this very day, in the 21st century, reacting with lucid HATRED, and wishing the pilot would have shot down the ufo.
Here's another peculiar incident. By-the-way, I brought this one up to my Mom years later, and she said she does not recollect such. Well, I do. Well, she was wandering around in a local general store, and said that she felt very unsettled by a man who kept trailing her in there. She said "his eyes looked really weird."
Here goes this post, fer now. My experiences definitely to be continued, though.

I suppose if you lose your net connection, the message might go with it. Otherwise, I've never worried about typing direct into the forum's own text editing screen.

If that's not suitable, a straight text editor or notepad is sufficient. Word adds lots of nonsense code that has no value and could, I suppose, mess up the message formatting from time to time.

Ill tell you whats happened to me a couple times...

Ive written a massive post in the quick reply box then somehow selected something out of the box, then after pressing delete to edit some text the browser takes me back to the previous page.

Pressing forward to return obviously doesnt help, and the entire post it lost.

Thats happened a couple times and it enrages me:p

Saga continued! In the fall of 1978, my youngest brother and I were sitting outside in the backyard. He was practicing on his tuba instrument. We both notice something traveling overhead. As we stare at it, we can see that it is a large 'V' formation. I KNOW that fall is when water fowl migrate in formations, such as Vs. I have seen -plenty- of those, day and night. This thing was something -else-. If you took about 40 bright stars, and put them all in a V formation, there it was. It was traveling very fast, and no sound. Going from East to West.
Moving backward in time for just a moment: In 1976, in my town, there were these cool casual hangouts for young people, called Christian coffee houses. They had lots of Christian Evangelical literature, music, and always some live local hippie rock band of 'Born Again' Christians. They were kinda like a born-again Barnes-&-Nobles or Borders, with live bands, for free. I met a gal there, and as is usual for (strait) girls under age 21, they are always hanging out with their girlfriends. So me and this gal became best hangout pals. I will call her 'KB'. Her innitials. She lived with her adoptive parents, and no siblings.
After the '78 V, I scrambled to contact KB, to describe what me and baby bro saw. She immediately said that me and her should sit outside at nights, to watch and see if it comes back, because she wanted to see ufos. Across from her house, was a sports field. It had these stacks and rows of bleecher benches. Sometimes this field was dark at night.
Next time, I will tell about what me and KB saw there. It was better than everything I have described, so far.

Ill tell you whats happened to me a couple times...

Ive written a massive post in the quick reply box then somehow selected something out of the box, then after pressing delete to edit some text the browser takes me back to the previous page.

Pressing forward to return obviously doesnt help, and the entire post it lost.

Thats happened a couple times and it enrages me:p

Sometimes I like to sit in front of my TV with a toy practice typing keyboard, and -pretend- that I'm at a real computer. But goll danged it, I never get text to appear. All I get instead, is this assault-barrage of commercials, commercials, commercials. I try to delete them. But then, I pick up my remote,.........and that - works, instead.

Strange Man

I have had a few odd experiences in my life, but the most recent one stands out to me at this particular point in time.
It was the evening of my office christmas party and my closest friend called to tell me his uncle had committed suicide. I was shocked and left the work party to meet my friend at a local bar for drinks and discussion. We were starting out second round and my friend got up to go to the restroom. That is when I noticed the man to my left. There was nothing particularly special about hum except he was taking notes on tiny sheets of paper.
I asked, "What are you writing about?" The man exclaimed he was writing about experiences. I persisted, "like what?" The man said, "Experiences like: how I feel after a cigarette, How I feel after 1 beer or two or three, how a woman feels, how she smells."
This was indeed pretty strange. I glanced down at the paper and we was writing what looked like jibberish. There were symbols and lines (I cannot remember much detail except it looked like jibberish). He quickly put the small paper away when he noticed I was staring at it.
The man started talking about smoking and started asking me some very strange questions about why I think the government is trying to stop smoking all of the sudden. He said maybe it is because there are "others" on this planet that cannot tolerate it.
My friend arrived back from the restroom and the man started asking us if we believe in life on other planets. He went on about his for awhile and seemed so excited about every little thing he did. He savored the cigarette and explained how everything in his beer is natural. My friend and I shared glances and answered his "visitor question with our own opinions. My friend answered "possibly" I answered, "I believe other life exists, but I am not certain it has visited here."
I began to study this man because he was so strange to me. He was very well groomed and had medium length strait brownish black hair. His complexion was tan and his eyes brown. He told me his name (which I have since forgotten) and I shook his hand. He had a strong handshake. His build was medium and he was very confident. I couldn't read him very well. He was just off. When he paid for his drink he had a LOT of money in pocket and tipped the bartender very generously.
The more I think about this encounter with this man the more unsettled I get. Everything about him was off. His tan complexion was perfect. His hand felt strange when he shook mine. It was smooth and I am not sure how to describe how it didn't feel right. His topics of discussion where strange and forward. Also he Had around six large beers and seemed entirely not affected. Nothing about him added up, and he was definitely a welcome distraction from the serious night I was having with my friend.
I have never met anyone as strange before or since.
So am I over reacting? Does this man I am describing seem strange to anyone else?

Strange Man

So am I over reacting? Does this man I am describing seem strange to anyone else?

Not trying to rain on your parade, but this sounds very much like lots of people I've had to deal with in my career. They ARE off, truly. The best way to deal with them is let them do their thing. They are most usually harmless and need to have the space or their odd behaviors. DETAIL seems really important to them. I remember one guy who made a sheet of patterns, all gibberish, on a piece of paper, then copied them on a copy machine--very precisely--for some unknown reason.

I think it is a form of schizophrenia.

Or, of course, it could be you encountered a visitor from the planet Clarion.....

Hello, not sure if im in the right part of this forum , but this is my experience i have had twice , i am sleeping in my room waiting for my boyfriend to come home from working as a bouncer he has to clean so he gets home kinda early in the morning , and he usually bends over to kiss me when he is home to let me know he is home , i felt someone breathing on me from behind and then started to pull my hair and kept doing this then started to poke me on my back , i thought it was my boyfriend so i said to him what is your problem just come to bed, and leave me alone , he kept poking and pulling my hair , till i looked behind me to find this big black dark dark figure of what i thought to be a man from its shape , i couldnt see his face , and it terrified me i raised my covers over my to my kneck somewhat turned my self back the other way so i couldnt see it , i got brave enough to look again and it was gone , not sure what this was at all , just know it freaked me out , it was solid black and looked like it was wearing a hood , then i remember this date of this year the 17th of january it happened again , except this time my boyfriend was in bed with me and it was around three in the morning , i was facing my door this time and something bumped me in the face , like a big dog ,i looked at bed level to my eyes and it was a little black figure , then it went down fast and bumped up to my right by my bed looking down on me or my boyfriend , just standing there i couldnt make out a face i was just so terrified this time i tried to yell for my boyfriend and it was like i couldnt yell at all . i was so upset by this the next day i stayed home from work , i wear a cross now and hopefully it is not going to return . i hope not it really has made me quite paranoid more so than i was before , im very jumpy . i dont know what it wanted with me or what it was , anyone can help please do , it helps me to talk about it , but not all people i think want to believe that this can go on in our safe little world, even though they say they believe me i dont think they do . this hurts me that they do not . smitty .

Do you know how old your building is? I don't recognize an ET of that description, so I'm wondering if it might be someone's spirit(soul) that has not passed on yet, or what some might call a haunting. Seriously. And if it is, since his contact is fairly brief and very seldom, I wouldn't worry about him too much. If he continues to really frighten you, there are certain "sensitives" that can sense such spirits and find out what they're up to.

Yeah, I agree with Mediaman and especially around the fear. I had a similar experience after visiting a friends house, the entity we knew was there, actually followed me home and kept manifesting on my bedroom wall. It didnt seem to want anything more than to freak me out. Dark and menacing looking, it terrified me at first. I did some research and learnt they fed on human fears, so I decided instead of sitting around in fear, that I would learn to laugh at it. And in the daylight hours (when iI felt brave) I imagined turning it into a cartoon figure and laughing at it. I kept doing this and even though still scared at night I would laugh as I imaged this cartoon freak! When it actually did manifest again, laughing seemed to make it disappear quicker until in the end it was gone. I know Smitty says it doesnt occur often but laughing does seem to disperse fear and if that doesnt work get in a proper sensitive to sort out what it wants.

hello, my house isnt that old at all , i was once told that stuff follows you from grave yards and follows some people , i have had other stuff that has happened just that has me freaking out more so , my house was built in the late eighties , and im prob the third family maybe that has lived in it . door knobs turn and no one was there , right before the big earthquake in some oriental counrty i cant remember it was like a eight point something , my bedroom door wouldnt shut at all , till after that earthquake and then it shut fine, things fall off the walls , my family thinks im imagining things , but i think im more sensitive to things like this , my dogs heard someone turn the doorknob too cuz they went over to the door barking and having a fit , there was snow on the ground then and no tracks or anyone there and i would have heard the first door open , so makes me think someone was trying to leave the house which was fine with me . i also have had orbs in my pictures before bright ones , and feel cold chills like someone just came in the room kinda chills . other stuff too , thank you for responding to my forum post so fast . smitty

Hello Gene... my house can be quite active from time to time, it was built in 1902 and owned by only one family until we bought it in 1996. The nice old church lady and her sister lived there in their final years and at least one of them passed on in the house, she was no doubt in her 90's by then. Some 5 months later in August 1996 my wife and I moved in, and the activity started within 2 weeks. The wife and I were just getting to sleep in the master bedroom, having not yet unpacked from the move, boxes were everywhere. As we drifted off to slumber the bathroom door very clearly slammed shut, I instantly laid hands on my Ruger 9mm, slowly got out of bed and proceeded to "clear the house" thinking there was an intruder. I was quite ready to shoot the first person I saw, after instructing to wife to Stay put in the bed! I never found a thing, doors and windows all locked. From then on we could sit in the first floor living room which is located under the master bedroom, and hear soft footsteps walking across the floor above. My family visited several times and at first found this to be at bit disturbing, my father even prayed a good Christian prayer in each room and instructed the spirit to leave now and pass on to the next level. The activity did slow down alot after that....until we had children a few years later. When my oldest girl was about 3 and just talking a bit more, she stopped eating at the dinner table and said "Mommy who is that standing in the door?" Oh yeah... chills. She is 10 now and doesn't talk about it. My youngest is 7 now and says there are ghosts in her bedroom, so the girls will not sleep in separate rooms or with the light out. I still hear the occasional foot steps, but I don't talk to what I can't see, I think it bad policy, plus I still have my Ruger security blanket! Jim

Look into getting a new house!!!! Sorry, this stuff really scares the piss out of me. I have nightmares where I dream of ghosts. I guess you could call them night terrors. By the way, welcome to the forum.

The question I ask myself when I wonder if a house is haunted is, "Do ghosts exist?" Once I realize that the answer is no, I try to figure out what is actually causing the problem.

My most memorable paranormal experience was a waking out-of-body experience when I was about 13 (I am now 64). My parents had a party in out basement, and I sat on a chair turned around backwards as music played and people danced. I went out of my body and floated around the room, looking down at the scene, thinking "What are these strange beings?". Suddenly, I realized that they were people, and I was one of them. I quickly zoomed back into my body through the back of my head. I remember looking through my eyes as if they were two knotholes in a fence as I came back into my body. The experience shook me, but I didn't tell anyone about it until many years later. It has never happened again. This proved to me that we have souls -consciousness beyond our physical bodies.

Hello, My most recent experience happened this past fall, I was out on my deck with my dog when I seen a bright white above the pine trees in my yard. At first I thought it was a star but then realized it was assending at a 45 degree angle. It was solid white and very very bright. No flashing lights. I called for my wife and my oldest son. They both came out. At that time it was directly overhead. My wife and son both were freaked out as was I. It was at least five times larger than any plane ive seen in the sky and made no noise and had no flashing lights. It then flew for about ten more seconds and it looked as though it just colapsed in on itself. It was very strange and cool. Have to say Gene and Chris this is my favorite podcast I listen to.

Back