• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

This Forum is For Your Experiences

I was advise to post this here instead of in the Welcome thread. This was taken from my Balcony. You'll notice a lot of lights those are lights on a parking structure, but one singular light that is a bright whitish blue, is the object in question. It never really moved, though at times it appeared slightly bigger or smaller it could have been going straight forward or straight back, not sure. We watched it until the battery was nearly dead and then decided to go and see exactly where it was in the sky. We failed as we moved closer to Calabasas we lost sight of it and when we returned home it was gone.

Actually I had hoped you would open a new thread in this subforum, but if it's OK with you, we can leave it in this thread. Maybe, if an admin sees this, they can make it a thread of its own. Thanks again for posting.

So is there any building, tower or structure in that direction which could have had a bright light, maybe a floodlight for construction etc? If it's not asking too much and if you have the time, could you post a daytime photo taken roughly from the same angle, so we could see what's actually there. But I guess, when you were getting closer, you would have seen such a structure.

For a second I could see a smaller red light flashing to the left and above. Was that a helicopter? Did it (or did they, I guess there were more) react to the object?

Did you hear anything when you tried to get closer? Like chopper noise etc.?

Venus? Currently it's in the western sky after sunset but sinks below the horizon later in the evening.

The video was uploaded in March of 2011. So I guess the sighting was shortly before that. Of course, Venus is always a possibility, but it would have shown up on any sufficiently cloudless night and, because the video is made from a balcony, I'm guessing that Myself would have identified it by now.

@ Myself: did you see anything since? I would recommend keeping a camera ready near the balcony, in case something shows up again.

Last edited:
Yeah it's not great film at all. I can tell you though it wasn't high in the sky. This was my balcony and I looked out everyday day and saw planes, helicopters stars etc. this was completely anomalous.
Wow... how hard can it be to FOCUS the damn camera!

On my YouTube page for this video. There is a daytime shot of the area. I can post it here but not until this afternoon. If you don't want to wait take a look at it on the YouTube channel through the link of the original vid. To answer your questions behind those apartments are hills. And we did not ear any helicopter noises. The choppers we reference in the video were very far away. The light appeared to be hovering between apartments and hills. that is a gross approximation. Looking back I'm not sure exactly where it could have been on the sky. If it was actually sitting on the hill id expect it to be more faint or it would have looked more distorted. It was a very vibrant light but it did not cast in the ground or apartments nearby.

Don't mind him, he barks but doesn't bite... I think. Sit, pixelsmith! Behave! Not everyone has been born with a technical understanding like yours.

Thanks again for answering my questions, Myself. I'll take a look at the picture on Youtube.

It was a very vibrant light but it did not cast in the ground or apartments nearby.

That's something I've heard before in sighting reports. I wonder how that would even be physically possible.

Last edited:
I want to say that I really appreciate and respect the folks who inhabit this forum and the guys who host the paracast. There is so much garbage out there, but this is defintely the shining light in the spectrum of the unexplained. If there is a hope of a grass roots effort exposing the truth behind some of these things this is the place that has the best chance of unveiling it.

I checked out the daytime reference footage (very cool, same angles and distances as far as I can tell) and tried to measure the distance from the lights on the ground to the white light above. Seems obvious to me that whatever it was wasn't sitting on one of the buildings, but clearly standing alone in the sky.

Of course, if we don't see any unusual movement, it could still be a star or maybe a helicopter with a searchlight, but the first we had discussed above (you would have seen the same star on more occasions) and the latter is improbable because of the long time it stood there. A flare would have been slowly going down during the duration you watched and maybe shone some light on its smoke trail. So it was probably something more unusual than that. At least I can find no obvious explanation.

If it really was something (as yet) unexplained by science, well, I have my theories, but I'll keep those to myself.

You might want to listen to the recent show with Gary Heseltine, though, he seems to have seen something quite like that, it was moving and maybe interacting with electric equipment on the ground:

June 9, 2013 — Gary Haseltine | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

And, obviously, the "mystery lights" as seen at Hessdalen and other sites, might be interesting, if you haven't already checked them out:

Hessdalen: Pioneers in UFO/Anomaly Detection | The Paracast Community Forums

Last edited:
I want to say that I really appreciate and respect the folks who inhabit this forum and the guys who host the paracast. There is so much garbage out there, but this is defintely the shining light in the spectrum of the unexplained. If there is a hope of a grass roots effort exposing the truth behind some of these things this is the place that has the best chance of unveiling it.

*stunned* Gene, Chris, do you hear that? Sounds like music to my ears...

Thanks for the analysis. So far nothing has fit with this light we saw. Edwards Air Force base is directly behind where we saw this object. About anothe forty mile away in Palmdale.

Sorry, I completely missed the date -- I assumed it was current. Looked at a sky chart for March 2011 and no Venus, so there goes that idea. There were some other bright stars that would be visible after sunset and sink below the horizon later in the evening, but if Myself is sure that's not what it was then I don't know.

This is an odd thing that happened to me as a kid and I've never been able to explain it. My sister and I were forever trying to get in each other's bedroom just to be annoying, one of them things you do to your sibling when you're about nine. On this day in question though she had handwritten me an "entry pass" on a little piece of paper. She gave it to me, I had it in my hand for maybe 20 seconds, I went to give it her back and when I opened my hand I was holding a toy cardboard 10 pence coin instead. We hadn't had any toy money of that type in the house, I hadn't put the paper down, I hadn't moved away from where we were playing outside her bedroom door and despite searching all around, checking my pockets etc, we never found the bit of paper nor worked out where the coin had come from which had replaced it.

Was the toy cardboard 10'pence coin something that was a commen toy of the time period? I've heard of toy paper money but not the cardboard variety.

What do you think happened to the paper and how did the coin get into your hand? Do you have any theories?

Hi Burnt State, thanks for the reply. It's a real strange one, I dunno, just something "paranormal". I guess cardboard coins were pretty common in classrooms at the time (1970s, UK) - we had some at school for learning about money/maths etc, though not at home. The paper had just disappeared.

Okay, guys--So, I just saw something really fucking weird. At around 9PM (Central), when I had parked my car and had a handful of bottled water and coffee and was carrying a shoebox containing shoes, I looked up, and even though my front light was on and so was the neighbor's, something caught my eye out of my peripheral vision. I immediately snapped my gaze to what looked like twin airplanes—I could see running lights or something on them—but they acted a lot more organically. They flew to and apart from each other as if they were birds or insects, in long, graceful curves that seemed as if they would cross and return, but I didn't see them do that. They instead drifted close enough so that the light on each nearly touched, but didn't. When they got close enough, they'd continue their swanning curve back out.

This they did for maybe as much as two minutes—certainly long enough for me to put down what I was holding, get my iPhone out and try to film them—but with the lights on and as dim as they were, I was sure I would get a lot less than if I just continued to watch them. My vision of them started as they crossed Orion, which was South South-Westerly from my POV, and I followed them as they disappeared behind the roof of my building, due West. They were brighter than the stars behind them, which is why they caught my attention, but not brighter than airplanes. In fact, I live under the flightpath of helicopters, that, by the time they get to my place, must be getting ready to land, because they always seem to be breaking the 500-foot FAA ceiling, which pisses me off enough that I go outside and flip them off when they get loud enough.

I see planes at night often enough, but on a heading that is straight. Each of these objects had a single light I couldn't tell whether or not was strobing. All I really saw was the movement of the objects and the buffer zone they made when their flight went from the closest to heading back out again. The movement was like something you'd expect to see in water, like tadpoles or somesuch; a lazy but entwined curve that both objects shared with each other. Like they were playing games, or they were two lovebirds in a mutual sky-ballet. I couldn't tell if the movement of these objects was organic, or simply looked organic—but either way, it seemed so. I expected to see these objects—let's just call them UAP—swerve inside the curves of each other, but they never did.

It's easy to see how people initially mistake their unidentified sightings as airplanes—I guess it's what we expect to see in the sky—but these could NOT have been planes (or even drones), as I doubt even at an airshow would two planes attempt something so dangerous, and this was without any audience other than myself, as far as I could tell. The lights on the other side of the building are comparatively much brighter than on the side from which I viewed, so running around there would have been fruitless. I've seen some strange things in the sky, but these are the closest objects I've seen. No sound, I barely perceived them as it was—but they were real, and their movement was surreal. I was 100% sober, on no recreational drugs or anything that would make me imagine what I saw. I log it as unidentified, weird, and am curious if you have ever seen anything like it, or know of such a sighting similar to mine?

--Gil, 3/4/2017

Okay, guys--So, I just saw something really fucking weird. At around 9PM (Central), when I had parked my car and had a handful of bottled water and coffee and was carrying a shoebox containing shoes, I looked up, and even though my front light was on and so was the neighbor's, something caught my eye out of my peripheral vision. I immediately snapped my gaze to what looked like twin airplanes—I could see running lights or something on them—but they acted a lot more organically. They flew to and apart from each other as if they were birds or insects, in long, graceful curves that seemed as if they would cross and return, but I didn't see them do that. They instead drifted close enough so that the light on each nearly touched, but didn't. When they got close enough, they'd continue their swanning curve back out.

This they did for maybe as much as two minutes—certainly long enough for me to put down what I was holding, get my iPhone out and try to film them—but with the lights on and as dim as they were, I was sure I would get a lot less than if I just continued to watch them. My vision of them started as they crossed Orion, which was South South-Westerly from my POV, and I followed them as they disappeared behind the roof of my building, due West. They were brighter than the stars behind them, which is why they caught my attention, but not brighter than airplanes. In fact, I live under the flightpath of helicopters, that, by the time they get to my place, must be getting ready to land, because they always seem to be breaking the 500-foot FAA ceiling, which pisses me off enough that I go outside and flip them off when they get loud enough.

I see planes at night often enough, but on a heading that is straight. Each of these objects had a single light I couldn't tell whether or not was strobing. All I really saw was the movement of the objects and the buffer zone they made when their flight went from the closest to heading back out again. The movement was like something you'd expect to see in water, like tadpoles or somesuch; a lazy but entwined curve that both objects shared with each other. Like they were playing games, or they were two lovebirds in a mutual sky-ballet. I couldn't tell if the movement of these objects was organic, or simply looked organic—but either way, it seemed so. I expected to see these objects—let's just call them UAP—swerve inside the curves of each other, but they never did.

It's easy to see how people initially mistake their unidentified sightings as airplanes—I guess it's what we expect to see in the sky—but these could NOT have been planes (or even drones), as I doubt even at an airshow would two planes attempt something so dangerous, and this was without any audience other than myself, as far as I could tell. The lights on the other side of the building are comparatively much brighter than on the side from which I viewed, so running around there would have been fruitless. I've seen some strange things in the sky, but these are the closest objects I've seen. No sound, I barely perceived them as it was—but they were real, and their movement was surreal. I was 100% sober, on no recreational drugs or anything that would make me imagine what I saw. I log it as unidentified, weird, and am curious if you have ever seen anything like it, or know of such a sighting similar to mine?

--Gil, 3/4/2017
A lovely description of their motions. What colour we're the lights? And did the colour ever change or did the lights ever change in size?

The lights, hard as they were to see, were white, and I _thought_ I saw (an FAA) strobe one time, but it may have been obscured by the strange movement of these twin--UAP, lazilly banking as they flew closer, and then away again, each time within just a couple degrees of each other. The color never changed, the lights never changed in size. But watching whatever these were struck me as a true unknown. Their motions were organic—you never hear about UFOs making banking movements, they're always 90-degree angles and whatnot. And then they disappeared behind the roof of my building.

From the moment they caught me eye until they did disappear behind the roof of my building, they were making the same, coming together (but not touching—and the interval of their not touching was the same every time), and then arcing away again movements. They sort of resembled "sky whales"* in that they moved almost like a (pod?) couple of water mammals, like dolphins at Sea World or something (never been, and wouldn't ever go, I'm a opinionated vegan), just playing together. Not a typical UAP sighting, but generally the higher-strangeness a sighting is, the more likely it is to be what Project Bluebook (a PR stunt devised by the Air Force) called, "a true unknown". In Bluebook's Special Report #14 (https://bit.ly/2EzPjg1), 22% of all sightings were "unknowns", an entirely different category than "Identifieds" or "Knowns" and "miscellaneous" (which included "crackpots."

That's another thing—I've never seen a drone that could make that sort of movement. Granted, I'm not an expert on drones--but the ones I've seen on TV either went up like a helicopter, to provide good CCD images of the lay of the land, or Predator Drones--and I don't think they sell or use those around here (Lawrence, KS). Not meteors, either—I'm a meteor shower NUT so I know what those look like... they weren't birds or bats, they were far too large for that—which is why I guess I mentioned that they weren't planes, because they might have been about the same size as planes, but not planes. Other then the lights, I could only see them because of the movements they made and because they blocked out the light behind them (stars) but, they weren't huge or anything. Not in the sense like how the Phoenix lights did.

I'm not an expert on figuring out the size by trigonometry—but I was curious, if anyone knows of an app or other software that we could pop in my coordinates and the time I saw them (9PM) on 3/4//2018 and see what if anything pops up as being in that flightpath that evening, going from SSW to W as I saw them looking W. Any ideas? Thanks for your reply and for not heaping on the scorn and ridicule. So far, everyone I've gotten feedback from about this has been polite, helpful, and supportive. It's nice to be able to report a sighting--whatever it was--and have that kind of empathy without resorting to the giggle factor to laugh me out of the room. Not that that's ever been a problem... actually, ONCE:

When I was doing layout for a UFO lecture back in the day, at the computer center, a guy I knew asked me if I believed in UFOs and based on his response, I could tell he'd never done his homework, read a UFO book or ever taken it seriously. A brilliant guy—a genius by any measure (then again, I am too, but who isn't?), but SO in-your-face, capital “S” Skeptical that he resorted immediately to "Ah, so you also believe in little green men?" and gave me the “They can't get here from there” and “The speed of light” business.

Other than that, I can't think of one single other time ridicule factored in—and I've been in plenty of situations where the giggle factor could easily have come into play—having promoted UFO lectures for 10 years. I actually got print coverage by the UDK (the University Daily Kansan, the KU newspaper... I was up there with a press release and as soon as they knew about the topic, they decided to interview me on the spot. They took photos, and asked good questions.

I was there to take out an ad and ran a special "KU students get in for $5 with their student ID” deal in the paper—and a throng of people came. The Holiday Inn had to take out another wall, so many people showed up. Even local TV news showed up to another event, an all-weekend affair, that garnered incredible coverage, which surprised me. They interviewed that day's speaker, Marc Davenport, and ran their coverage of it that night, so that the following day, with speaker Leah Haley, almost sold out at the door (The TV news coverage was straight, no bias reporting). I guess someone at the local TV channel was into UFOs, but it was totally unlike coverage normally given to UFOs. The paper quoted me as saying, "So and so, a UFO believer, says.." blah de blah de blah. But it didn't misquote me, or insert bias or engage the giggle factor, none of the lectures I put on did.

The first lecture I promoted, with the student group I'd created, KUUFON (the KU UFO Network), was with the since-debunked and totally denounced FRAUD UFO shill Bill Knell, who sold other people's IP, like tapes, video and books, as if they were his—and come to think of it, now that I think back to the lectures of his I saw in KC, he was telling wild stories, just over-the-top made-up BUNK that sells tickets—and since the speaker didn't show up for either of the two days*, I gave everybody their money back, and then my friend Roger (Thanks, Roger!) and I fielded questions from the audience and gave an impromptu interactive lecture for about an hour, based on our not insubstantial knowledge of the field and the subjects, for free.

We also listened to folks in the audience that recounted personal experiences, and there was no ridicule there, either. These were knowledge-seekers. Lawrence and its environs has its fair share of weird—well, nutters, I suppose is the word I'm looking for—but you get all kinds in a UFO crowd, and I think our audience had smarter people than average for that type of thing. I've been to UFO events all over, and I can honestly say that the audiences for the lectures I put on, while perhaps a little eccentric (that's part of the fun of going to a UFO event, right?), were quiet, curious and asked great questions and bought a lot of merch.

I do hope I see these things again—I should get a proper video camera and a tripod (all cameras should come with a free tripod, so we can get rid of the grainy, blurry UFO videos—although, passengers in cars that capture stuff on their smartphones tend to have a pretty steady hand for the most part), but it wouldn't have done me any good in this case.

*I don't know if such nomenclature has ever been used about the phenomenon before, perhaps I coined a phrase?

**I called his house over and over and finally got a hold of his wife, who lauded me with praise about the layout and design I'd done for the flyers and press kit, and then told me he'd been “snowed in in Denver and wouldn't be able to appear,” (another lie, liar, liar POS), this just minutes before the event was to begin. I found out right after we hung up that day that there was no snow in Denver, and he just didn't plan on making either date, he just blew me off. He was probably in the same room with her in New York. Jerk.

Last edited:
I haven't been here since 2012 it seems. I started getting emails regarding posts in here over the last week, so I thought I'd pop in.

I'm now 71 years old, and "experiences" have been going on in my life since I was 5. Topic-wise, they lasted until 2010, and I have spent from then until today trying to figure all of this out.

The problem is, these experiences were not given in the methodology people usually expect ... what I just call classical teaching. What I got falls into a category called constructivism, where you are given a clue, and, YOU have to do all the work trying to figure out what this is all about. In constructivism these pieces of information are called schema / schemata, and they do not give you anything more than a direction to go - and believe me it can can take A LONG TIME to get to where you have to be.

At any rate, I have to go out, and rather than sit here writing, I'll just give you the topic, and a single question: The topic regards a subject we've been handed via religion called "The End Times." My question is: What do you think this subject is all about (seeing as nothing ever seems to happen}?

I'll be back later.

Back