• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Website AboveTopSecret

Slim Shady

Skilled Investigator
I don't wish to put a site down but is www.abovetopsecret.com full of horse s***? I use it occasionally and everytime i read the threads , it scares the sh*t out of me because its all about "WHERE GONNA DIE!!!!! YELLOWSTONE IS GOING TO BLOW!!!!! WON'T SOMEONE SAVE THE CHILDREN! ! ! ! THE ILLUMINATI HAVE HAARP AIMED AT MY HOUSE ARRRGGGGH!!!!!"....

Does anyone else use this site ?

I don't wish to put a site down but is www.abovetopsecret.com full of horse s***? I use it occasionally and everytime i read the threads , it scares the sh*t out of me because its all about "WHERE GONNA DIE!!!!! YELLOWSTONE IS GOING TO BLOW!!!!! WON'T SOMEONE SAVE THE CHILDREN! ! ! ! THE ILLUMINATI HAVE HAARP AIMED AT MY HOUSE ARRRGGGGH!!!!!"....

Nope. You should go to websites that aren't full of fear mongering conspiracy theorists.

Oh Good Gravy! ATS is a fun site. It has many of the same topics and arguments that are on here. There are Christians and Atheist and U.F.O. nuts and true believers and dubunkers. Sheesh, the Paracast is neat and this is my go to forum. I've never posted on ATS and the only other paranormal site I post on is Binnal of America on occassion. Ufo Mystic once or twice. But, take it for what it's worth. Ya don't have to put down others to feel good about yourself. I know I don't. Peace. :)

Oh Good Gravy! ATS is a fun site. It has many of the same topics and arguments that are on here. There are Christians and Atheist and U.F.O. nuts and true believers and dubunkers. Sheesh, the Paracast is neat and this is my go to forum. I've never posted on ATS and the only other paranormal site I post on is Binnal of America on occassion. Ufo Mystic once or twice. But, take it for what it's worth. Ya don't have to put down others to feel good about yourself. I know I don't. Peace. :)

It's all in good fun until you start mis-informing people. You have to realize that there are some people out there will buy into anything others tell them.

Don't confuse what is driven by the readers/posters of ATS and the people who run it. ATS did a good job with Gilliland ranch business I thought. Also to fully appreciate the ATS videos and thread on that I think you have to listen to the Paratopia episode where they talk to one of the ATS guys.

Didn't they also put out the book by Jim Marrs about conspiracies? I think it's called Above Top Secret. They are a pretty good site and you get the good with the bad. I don't agree with all the conspiracy stuff but it's fun. That's just it. I have my own beliefs and worldview which is extemely important to me. But when it comes to the paranormal on the web or ufo's or other stuff I mainly just want to be entertained for the most part and challenged a bit once in a while. I certainly don't peruse the esoteric on the web to "prove" anything or find a guru. :)

When needing a fix of the sublimely absurd, I just peel open some Kafka. The sublimely insane: straight to Revelations.

I don't wish to put a site down but is AboveTopSecret.com - Conspiracy Theories, UFOs, Paranormal, Political Madness, and other "Alternative Topics" full of horse s***? I use it occasionally and everytime i read the threads , it scares the sh*t out of me because its all about "WHERE GONNA DIE!!!!! YELLOWSTONE IS GOING TO BLOW!!!!! WON'T SOMEONE SAVE THE CHILDREN! ! ! ! THE ILLUMINATI HAVE HAARP AIMED AT MY HOUSE ARRRGGGGH!!!!!".... Does anyone else use this site ?

ATS! The site which brought you the exclusive Serpo expose, and the last refuge of the 9/11 troofer-fools.

Used to go there, years ago. Then I grew up.

If ATS is as big as it used to be, then you could spend all day and all night on it, 24/7, and you'd have no chance of reading everything on there no matter how fast your read-speed, let alone get invloved in posting there. There are literally millions of posts. There are no doubt occasional interesting threads with even the odd insightful contribution, but 99% of content on ATS is total crap. When you consider John Lear, Jeff Ritzmann and Jim Marrs used to have their own ATS forums, you can get a feel for the general level of discourse - not great.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

good advice. i suggest getting your news from Alex Joness a war on for your mind!

Pixel

Please reassure us that you're using irony here...

I browse through ATS occasionally. I think it's fun reading the postings that rarely take the common sensical paths and instead route to the extreme; debunker or believer. Kind of fun, and sometimes...very rarely, but sometimes there will be decent news threads with decent comments, and the occasional epiphany by one of the posters.

Im not a fan of ATS, in the short time i spent there i sensed a pattern that painted a picture of disinfo and an agenda of same.

I very much enjoy ATS, I hang out there --alot-- I'm afraid. ( Ducks and covers ) Right now, they have several posts dedicated to the ongoing horror-from-your-worst-nighmare-from-hell epic disaster calamities in poor poor Japan. GOD my heart is broken for those people. I went over there bout a sec ago, and someone is posting that another wave of.......waves; is poised to strike. That country is going to be nonexistent, when this shit is over.

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

11:05 US Central Time, I have Fox News on, they are saying the tsunami alert has been cancelled.

(YEAH, FER NOW........)

Its a very bad situation to be sure, but the japanese are well used to earthquakes and Tsunami's
The word itself is japanese.

The term "Tsunami" comes from the Japanese word for harbor (tsu) and wave (nami). The origins of the word are not surprising given that the majority of tsunamis occur within the Pacific Ocean and vicinity of Japan.

Earthquakes are common place, and they build for them. the death toll so far is relatively low for a quake of this magnitude.

For example 220+ thousand were killed in the boxing day tsunami of 2004
200+ thousand were killed in the haiti quake
A Haiti government minister says the death toll from the country's devastating earthquake has now topped 150,000 in the capital Port-au-Prince alone

So far the Japanese death toll is comparatively low.

I haven't been there in a long time. Too many woo woos.

Gonna step away for just a minute from the very serious real world tragedy to comment on this thread. Even as I do I just want to say God bless the Japaneese people today. Sorry the above statement has nothing to do with the rest of the post. But to be human and to see what is going on...sometime you just have to ...say something. Now to the post.

I see so much of this kind of "debunking" when it comes to politics and science and even into the paranormal. Just throw out a name such as "Jim Marrs" that tells you the level of discourse right there. How silly. I have read some of the stuff Marrs writes and I find some of it fun, some silly and some provacative. But, if you have never read him or others and you see this kind of drive by character hit then you might not even bother to dig any deeper. It happens in politics. Rush Limbaugh is a master of the game. Throw out a name of a politican ya don't like. No real information except a verbal "eye roll' or a sound bite out of context and you don't have to deal with the nasty facts at all. Happens in religion. Throw out a "urban myth" about people who pratice the religion ya don't like be it fundi Christianity, Islam, Buddishm or Judisaim or any other and paint em all with the same brush. It's done with science. Take a name and throw out a stat and roll your eyes. I do go to several sites for fun and some (and I do mean just a little) education cause most of it is bunk. Matter of fact most of what we put on these forums are pulled out of our own prejudice toward a given worldview. So, yeah ATS is a fine site. It's silly and goofy and has some fun and even provacative stuff on it. I have never understood the "human" need to tear one thing down in order to build yourself or your "favorite" thing up.

Peace. 8)

Gonna step away for just a minute from the very serious real world tragedy to comment on this thread. Even as I do I just want to say God bless the Japaneese people today. Sorry the above statement has nothing to do with the rest of the post. But to be human and to see what is going on...sometime you just have to ...say something. Now to the post.

I see so much of this kind of "debunking" when it comes to politics and science and even into the paranormal. Just throw out a name such as "Jim Marrs" that tells you the level of discourse right there. How silly. I have read some of the stuff Marrs writes and I find some of it fun, some silly and some provacative. But, if you have never read him or others and you see this kind of drive by character hit then you might not even bother to dig any deeper. It happens in politics. Rush Limbaugh is a master of the game. Throw out a name of a politican ya don't like. No real information except a verbal "eye roll' or a sound bite out of context and you don't have to deal with the nasty facts at all. Happens in religion. Throw out a "urban myth" about people who pratice the religion ya don't like be it fundi Christianity, Islam, Buddishm or Judisaim or any other and paint em all with the same brush. It's done with science. Take a name and throw out a stat and roll your eyes. I do go to several sites for fun and some (and I do mean just a little) education cause most of it is bunk. Matter of fact most of what we put on these forums are pulled out of our own prejudice toward a given worldview. So, yeah ATS is a fine site. It's silly and goofy and has some fun and even provacative stuff on it. I have never understood the "human" need to tear one thing down in order to build yourself or your "favorite" thing up.

Peace. 8)

I remember seeing Jim Marrs on an episode of Bullshit. That man is eccentric.

No doubt. ;) But, ya know what I'm trying to say. By the way Angelo thanks for keeping some of the discourse on target when it comes to human tragedy. Some things are just (as someone else said) to raw to be funny.

is Jim Marrs the guy that went on TV in the 1980s and said we are going to be erased from existence by a giant comet the size of mars hitting jupitor and sending a blast wave the power of a trillion nuclear bombs on a direct course to earth ... ? or am i thinking of another guy >_<

I don't know but there is a Marrs who is very religious and somewhat fanatical and I bet that is who you are thinking of. Different guy.

Back