• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The tactics of the JREF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has happened to GeeMack over there at the JREF too ... he's been suspended for something but I don't know what ... not that I'm surprised though.

j.r.

My emphasis added throughout:

As far as I can tell there is no evidence to support the contention that the cause of (some) hauntings (however unlikely it may seem) is not “dead people” -
I see that Rramjet's misunderstanding of the burden of proof continues apace. It's not a skeptic's burden to prove what hauntings are NOT, it's up to ghost believers to show that hauntings are caused by something or other. Obviously.

It is a permanent (not a temporaray) "administrative suspension" carlitos and the only way I am able to have that suspension removed is to reveal my true identity to the JREF (I did sign up under an alias -
So when you signed up, you read this:

If you do not supply the information or supply false information your Membership will not be approved
... and you supplied false information anyway. Got it.

but how many other JREF members have been banned under the same rule carlitos?
I don't know and I don't care. I'm not the type of guy who breaks a rule, admits it publicly (!), suffers the predictable consequences, and then tries to shift the blame by pointing at other (anonymous?) rule-breakers. I tend to take responsibility for my own actions.

- and considering the vitriol and abuse I have received in the forum - with the obvious impromature of the moderaters - I am not about to do that and consequently risk my name then being blackened outside the forum. I have a career and a family I wish to protect from such assaults. So unless I hand over my real name and details to the JREF - which given their behaviour toward me I am not about to do
The word is imprimatur (it's from the Latin - "let it be printed") (on edit, the other word is "moderators")

So you have some reason not to believe the JREF Privacy Policy then? That's odd. I registered both at the JREF and at this forum with my real name. Both have privacy policies that prevent them from revealing my personal information.

Be honest, the only reason this came up is that a JREF poster cited someone (you) as a "UFO expert" and used your name. You immediately freaked out and reported the post to the moderators, and within a few hours, you also started a thread titled "Warning to all members: The JREF will not protect your privacy." Here was your opening post:

Rramjet said:
Recently some identifying information was divulged about me in one of the threads, but despite appeals to the moderators, they have (so far) not acted to remove that information in order to protect my privacy. The JREF privacy policy states that they will "strive" to protect the privacy of members, but clearly that policy is not being acted on.

So I give this warning - If members of the JREF find out any personal information about you - JREF will do nothing to protect your privacy and will allow that information to be published on their own site.

Potential and current members then BEWARE. You privacy will not be respected or protected by JREF - even if you put in a specific request that they do so.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Again, the identifying information wasn't linked to you in that thread. It was merely a name that someone dropped. You, forgetting that you had signed up under an alias, freaked out and reported YOURSELF to the moderators by claiming that you were the guy mentioned. Then, when moderators looked up your account, it was under a different name. Not the smartest move, in my opinion. And now you blame everyone but yourself for your dishonest actions. Shame on you.

- then I have - in effect - been permanently banned from posting - it is as simple as that.
No, it's not. You are still administratively suspended, because you filled out your membership application with false information. Your martyrdom complex requires you to believe that you are being persecuted, but you're the only one who thinks so.

Lawd, you in tubble now! They've stalked ya all the way over here. :eek: Like I said before "I don't waste my time on zealots." Welcome to the forums Rramjet. We do try to be civil and if you leave I am certain none of our mods will chase you around the internet.

Lawd, you in tubble now! They've stalked ya all the way over here. :eek: Like I said before "I don't waste my time on zealots." Welcome to the forums Rramjet. We do try to be civil and if you leave I am certain none of our mods will chase you around the internet.

I am not a moderator, and do not speak for the JREF forum in any way. I only posted here because, as Rramjet is suspended at JREF, I couldn't communicate with him there. He appears not to understand this. He's not banned. Not. Banned.

I am not a moderator, and do not speak for the JREF forum in any way. I only posted here because, as Rramjet is suspended at JREF, I couldn't communicate with him there. He appears not to understand this. He's not banned. Not. Banned.

Like I said, two sides to every story. The JREF forum is not as bad as this guy makes it sound. I do find that it's a bit of an echo chamber, which is why I come here to discuss this fun stuff. I get challenged a lot more here.

I registered both at the JREF and at this forum with my real name. Both have privacy policies that prevent them from revealing my personal information.
I just re-read this and I might have been wrong here. I don't remember whether the paracast forum asked for my real name or just a username. JREF does ask for your real name, because it's an educational foundation with an endowment to protect.

I just re-read this and I might have been wrong here. I don't remember whether the paracast forum asked for my real name or just a username. JREF does ask for your real name, because it's an educational foundation with an endowment to protect.

You don't need your real name here.

We don't force you to give a real name, but we do require a real email address. Otherwise, your membership in the forums can't be activated. That way, we can keep tabs on people who plan to do harmful things, including violation of our Terms of Service. We will also disable a membership if an email address becomes obsolete. Otherwise, the controls are far fewer than observed in other forums.

Angel i think this is no more than a second rate attempt to out ramjet, as he has told them he is scientist, but will not reveal his field of expertise, they are just itching to know, as he also gave later on in the thread his location.

Nice one tyder.

They are literally obsessed with ramjet, because quite simply he ran rings around them, i am talking debating wise, research skills, but most of all logic wise, now they follow him around the net in the hope, that they can still play like the child who repeatedly pokes the hornets nest, gets stung, yet somehow thinks the next time they start to poke, the result will be different.

I'm gonna go and lie about this site and the randi site. I'm not gonna tell ya where I'm going either. :p Seriously, Angel that's not cool. You are just knee jerk defending jerks and you are better than that. You don't know if the guy lied or not. You just know he slammed your team. Maybe he's wrong or he might be right. But, "liar" from a mod to a new poster is a little to harsh. I say this as someone who trust your integrity even as I disagree with your world view.

Well, considering Rramjet is lying, it's a valid point. If people were going around lying about this site I would be annoyed.

And Angelo, just how is he lying? I thought he was pretty clear, he used a "username" because he didn't want the Troll's following him in his "real life." Sheesh!

Hey, I been stalked and can understand his feelings. As a matter of fact I been stalked by some real psychos in the past ... one bearded psycho is currently stalking not only me but Gene on the UFO Mag. website. A genuine mentally deranged moron surrounded by a flock of cackling crows. It comes with the territory.

Decker

I'm gonna go and lie about this site and the randi site. I'm not gonna tell ya where I'm going either. :p Seriously, Angel that's not cool. You are just knee jerk defending jerks and you are better than that. You don't know if the guy lied or not. You just know he slammed your team. Maybe he's wrong or he might be right. But, "liar" from a mod to a new poster is a little to harsh. I say this as someone who trust your integrity even as I disagree with your world view.

He said he was banned - he's not. Is that not lying? If he's not lying, Carlitos is lying. Someone is lying. IS that better?

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

And Angelo, just how is he lying? I thought he was pretty clear, he used a "username" because he didn't want the Troll's following him in his "real life." Sheesh!

Hey, I been stalked and can understand his feelings. As a matter of fact I been stalked by some real psychos in the past ... one bearded psycho is currently stalking not only me but Gene on the UFO Mag. website. A genuine mentally deranged moron surrounded by a flock of cackling crows. It comes with the territory.

Decker

Guys, he's saying that he was banned, and he wasn't. If that site wants you to submit your real name to post there, it's up to them. I don't agree with it, but it's not up to me.
Just because you don't agfree with the JREF doesn't mean you have to agree with everyone that has a beef with them. In all honesty, I think it's silly that he came here to complain about them.
Rramjet, Carlitos, please continue posting here - you're welcome to do so. I won't ban you unless you really go off the rails.

Angel

He said he was banned - he's not. Is that not lying? If he's not lying, Carlitos is lying. Someone is lying. IS that better?

Your loaded question, does not come with a logical conclusion, i have interviewed many people who were quite simply mistaken.

Guys, he's saying that he was banned, and he wasn't. If that site wants you to submit your real name to post there, it's up to them. I don't agree with it, but it's not up to me.
Just because you don't agfree with the JREF doesn't mean you have to agree with everyone that has a beef with them. In all honesty, I think it's silly that he came here to complain about them.
Rramjet, Carlitos, please continue posting here - you're welcome to do so. I won't ban you unless you really go off the rails.

Jesus Angelo, FRICKING SEMENTICS! Can he post? Hello ... NO. Why? Because he doesn't use his real god-damned name! Why? Because he doesn't want the TROLL"s following him home or to his JOB! Can he POST? NO! Funny, maybe I am too fracken' literal but I don't see a freaking LIE anywhere in there.

Decker

Interesting. I might have forgotten to link this before. JREF Privacy Policy

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]With whom your information may be shared.[/FONT]As a general rule, the JREF will not disclose or share any of your personally identifiable information except if you have given permission or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]How your information is secured.[/FONT]
Other than officers of the JREF, agents acting on behalf of the JREF or the administrators and moderators of the JREF Forum you are the only person who has access to your personal information.
Your information is protected by the security of the Forum software and your password. The JREF strongly recommends that you do not share your password to anyone.

(obviously, they have a disclaimer - carlitos)

Unfortunately it is not possible to guarantee that any data transmitted over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, whilst the JREF will strive to protect your personal information, the JREF cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us from or via the Forum.

JREF Membership Agreement

8. You may only post a Member's personal information if it is both publicly available and is relevant to the ongoing discussion.​

<tbody>
</tbody>

Given the above, I'm not sure how "trolls" could find Rramjet's home or job. I can't see why anyone would do that, even if the information was out there. As for Rramjet being "outed," what's up with that? Probably millions of people in the world believe that UFOs are piloted by aliens; it's a big theme in popular culture. Big deal.

I'm not sure how "trolls" could find Rramjet's home or job.

I don't know about home or job. But, here you are! ;)
You know what? I don't care if you post here or there or if you think the world is a result of a happy little accident. I honestly don't care. But, you seem to be "following" a poster around and that is pathetic. Are you just here to argue and talk about another poster? Do "you" have anything at all of substance to add to this forum? Anything except the ole ridicule and silly name calling? Hmmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back