• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But his support base is stagnant more or less. Unless African-Americans and Latin-Americans support him even a little bit, he has no chance. This explains all those suspicious Voter ID laws that impact low-income and minorities more than anyone else in the quest to stop non-existent Voter ID fraud.

And i hope for your sake since you dont want him as the pres thats correct.
But they said brexit had no chance
And down under they said our opposition leader Bill Shorten had no chance and now he may well be the next PM of Australia

As a funny aside he went old school and got himself a bus and drove around the country.

He called it the "Bill bus" i guess because calling it the "Shorten bus" was just a bit too hilarious.

I must say though ive never seen the australian media attack a US candidate with the sort of universal contempt they have Trump if thats any comfort to you

On the flip side they usually reserve that for our Pauline Hanson and her one nation party and she has made an astounding political comeback this election

"Now she is calling for restriction for immigration of Muslims, that really struck a chord

Senator O'Sullivan is already foreshadowing a rethink on immigration policy in the wake of Ms Hanson's successful campaign.
"We might have to lift the filters on profile trends of people that come from particular sources, that could be Switzerland, it could be Iceland, who just are clearly demonstrating they are not going to fit in here entirely within Australian society," he said.
But Ms Hanson's election policies focused heavily on Muslim people. She has called for a royal commission into Islam and a complete ban on Muslim immigration
"There are people across the country that are up in arms about mosques going up in their communities because they've seen the division in their communities," Ms Hanson said.
"Let's have a look at what's happening around the world and let's ensure it doesn't happen here and people are very fearful of terrorism murders on the streets.".

Now that pov may or may not resonate with us as individuals, but the reality is its resonating with enough voters the world over to be a significant issue

Last edited by a moderator:
islamaphobe_zps2a3muydu.jpg

The thing is a few years back I traveled forward in time to November 2016 and I've got some very disparaging news for Andrew...as well as the rest of us...but i can't say anything more at this time.

How unlucky can the American public be, as there are now two psychopaths and a shrew running for the presidency?

If there’s ever a time for ET to descend from up above, within, or around, and save humanity from itself this could very well be it.

It may be time to stock up on all that GCN survival crap.., including.., The Power Plucker.

Psychopath? Hillary is just a politician, for better or worse.

But I do wonder, in passing, why nobody bothers to look at Colin Powell's email. He used a private AOL account, and AOL has never been a paragon of security. Did he send classified email? Who knows? He deleted all the messages, so we don't know.

And what about the millions of emails that disappeared during the George W. Bush administration, emails sent by his staff that used Republican party servers? Where are they? Why no fuss? Why no hearings?

Why complain about just one person when others have done worse?

Let it all hang out.

I wasn’t suggesting that Hillary is rolling on crazy pavement like Trump & Basiago..., she’s simply a shrewish politician who is nestled in Wall Street’s pocket.

Going down the line, the entire Bush administration is responsible for the mess in the Middle East. 9/11 was a miserable excuse for what will be an exercise in futility for decades to come.

Wall Street. The bane of all evil. That's where a certain political party wants to put all the Social Security and Medicare money, so it will rise and fall and make some people very very rich.

Excellent article

Has Brexit triggered an anti-democractic “Color Revolution”?

(i had to look up colour revolution, but it fits)

And as is often the case some of the real good info is in the comments after the article

Because the core motivation of survival and thrival is to move away from the threat/pain or the toxic and towards the security/pleasure or nutrient. BUT we all define or identify our selves differently and in different moments differently.
Nearly all of our self-definitions is below our radar – that is – it is acquired conditioning of strategies of survival.
Enter those who are aware of this and use that to enact an identity of shepherding their people – holding order while encouraging the unfolding of harmony as they see it – against the ‘dangerous’ eruptions of triggered fears and rages. Enter those who see this as the right or power to wield the fear and rage of people’s largely unconscious conditioning – so as to reinforce it in ever more division and fragmentation while they accrue power for power’s sake.

I think this is driving the anti democratic/political sentiment. the article gives a list of corporate interests who opposed brexit, but when Govt is by the corporations for the corporations and it hurts the masses below then survival instincts kick in

The Prime Minister didn’t want it. The Chancellor didn’t want it. The Queen didn’t want it. The opposition didn’t want it. The President of the United States didn’t want it. JP Morgan didn’t want it. Goldman-Sachs didn’t want it. Parliament didn’t want it.
None of the heads of state of Europe wanted it. None of the banks wanted it. None of the corporate oligarchs wanted it. None of the corporations wanted it. The IMF didn’t want it. NATO didn’t want it.
JK Rowling didn’t want it. David Beckham didn’t want it. Bob Geldof didn’t want it. Eddie Izzard didn’t want it. Lily Allen didn’t want it. George Soros didn’t want it.

…and yet it happened.

Experts with scary numbers were on the BBC. Smiling pro-EU columnists snidely mocked from almost every paper. Trendy celebrities tweeted their complex political views in 140 characters or less. There were a lot hashtags. A lot of memes. Leavers were mocked and patronised. Guilted by association with a handful of clownish politicans we’re all supposed to laugh at, and the right-wing gutter press we’re all supposed to despise. All the
heels wanted out, all the faces wanted in.
Marches were ignored, speeches unreported, politicians mis-quoted. Facts made up. An MP was martyred, and a movement blamed for her murder. There was a lot of name-calling, and more fear-mongering. That’s usually all it takes, to stop a movement.

…and yet it happened.

I wasn’t suggesting that Hillary is rolling on crazy pavement like Trump & Basiago..., she’s simply a shrewish politician who is nestled in Wall Street’s pocket.

Going down the line, the entire Bush administration is responsible for the mess in the Middle East. 9/11 was a miserable excuse for what will be an exercise in futility for decades to come.

This author is

Comey testimony reveals Hillary’s ‘cognitive impairment’?!

As i said earlier we get a lot of Trump ridicule in the local media, not much about Hillary. But this auther seems to paint a picture that does support the idea the US is between a nutty and a crazy place in the next election

The usual Clinton nonsense.

Actually Comey's conclusions were somewhat questionable. The claim of using multiple servers, for example, which only seems to apply to the time after the Clinton server was moved to the host's own facility. The other is the claimed use of multiple devices, supposedly disproving her claim of using just one. This lacks nuance. It appears she used one smartphone at a time, but over four years would upgrade to newer models, relinquishing the older ones. She also evidently used an iPad.

The emails marked classified? They evidently lacked the proper header, as Comey admitted during his House testimony. Thus someone accustomed to looking for those headers wouldn't notice them as allegedly classified. It was earlier revealed by the State Department that they had mistakingly placed confidential markings in the body of these messages. So when she said that, no she didn't send any messages marked classified, she was probably right. But with over 30,000 messages, it's easy to miss something in the rush of business, which is why the mistaken notations were overlooked.

What we have here is no context. Her email practices are not being evaluated against any other Secretary of State, or any other cabinet secretary for that matter. Without context, and without proof she endangered national security in any real sense, the FBI investigation is useless. But it'll be fodder for the opposition regardless of the facts.

That doesn't mean she isn't the typical politician who sometimes exaggerates or lies. But this email nonsense was a waste. And I speak as someone who has managed my own email servers for years. I know something about this stuff.

I must admit the very first thing that popped into my head on the multiple devices was pretty much what youve posted. Multiple devices could be devices replaced contiguously.
The header question seems a little murkier given this

The development comes after FBI Director James Comey conceded that some of Hillary Clinton’s emails sent on a private server were classified despite her stating under oath that they weren’t.
Republican Trey Gowdy asked whether FBI investigators agreed with Ms Clinton’s claim to Congress in October 2015 that she never sent or received any items bearing classified markings.
“That is not true,” Mr Comey said. “There were a small number of portion markings on, I think, three of the documents.”

I take your point about others who have done the same, but they are not running for POTUS.
And yes politicians lie, being good at it is the mark of an experienced one in my view.

It seems to be a maxim in politics that its OK to lie as long as you dont get caught, But if you do (get caught , not lie) its the pirate equivilent of the black spot, your opponents will invariably release the kraken on you.

This image is making the news headlines down here

BBuaJAK.img

Its pretty powerful stuff with comparrisons to the tianamin square tank guy already being made.
That she was then arrested and intimidated by being locked up for 24 hours is a worry.

Its right out of the insurgency playbook

Military or Law Enforcement backlash and crackdowns:
These riots and small incidents of resistance trigger a government reaction. The control systems of the country tighten their grip on the people and further curtail civil liberties and infringe on people’s rights. The government crackdown fuels the resistance movement as more people tire of government intrusion.

And the only course for natural justice to flow, is that the "city" gets sued for false arrest/imprisonment with its taxpayers footing that bill.

The lack of accountability in this equation is going to be a huge factor as this plays out

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.”
John F. Kennedy

W
I must admit the very first thing that popped into my head on the multiple devices was pretty much what youve posted. Multiple devices could be devices replaced contiguously.
The header question seems a little murkier given this

The development comes after FBI Director James Comey conceded that some of Hillary Clinton’s emails sent on a private server were classified despite her stating under oath that they weren’t.
Republican Trey Gowdy asked whether FBI investigators agreed with Ms Clinton’s claim to Congress in October 2015 that she never sent or received any items bearing classified markings.
“That is not true,” Mr Comey said. “There were a small number of portion markings on, I think, three of the documents.”

I take your point about others who have done the same, but they are not running for POTUS.
And yes politicians lie, being good at it is the mark of an experienced one in my view.

It seems to be a maxim in politics that its OK to lie as long as you dont get caught, But if you do (get caught , not lie) its the pirate equivilent of the black spot, your opponents will invariably release the kraken on you.

It's actually a perfectly dumb debate over process that has nothing to do with anything that's relevant to choosing a chief executive. When in the past 20 years has anyone examined any other candidate's email practices?

W

It's actually a perfectly dumb debate over process that has nothing to do with anything that's relevant to choosing a chief executive. When in the past 20 years has anyone examined any other candidate's email practices?

Whats relevant to choosing a CE ?, do we narrow that critera to a defined scope or is it open slather. Down here they are very concerned with Trumps hair.(try saying that with a residual new zealand accent lol)

trump.jpg

Our comedians have had a field day with this hair, chasing toupees around with cricket bats.
albino possums have all gone into hiding for fear of their lives

dsc_0161.jpg

An election is a choice, and like it or not every aspect of the choices on hand will get scrutinized, every aspect of their history will be dug up and spun to the masses for disection
Im not certain we could narrow the scope and exclude anything from this process, i just dont thinks thats a realistic expectation, fair or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back