• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

The Official Paracast Political Thread! — Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of language some pretty strong words from Harry Reid.

“I have personally been on the ballot in Nevada for 26 elections and I have never seen anything like the reaction to the election completed last Tuesday. The election of Donald Trump has emboldened the forces of hate and bigotry in America.

“White nationalists, Vladimir Putin and ISIS are celebrating Donald Trump’s victory, while innocent, law-abiding Americans are wracked with fear – especially African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Muslim Americans, LGBT Americans and Asian Americans. Watching white nationalists celebrate while innocent Americans cry tears of fear does not feel like America.

“I have heard more stories in the past 48 hours of Americans living in fear of their own government and their fellow Americans than I can remember hearing in five decades in politics. Hispanic Americans who fear their families will be torn apart, African Americans being heckled on the street, Muslim Americans afraid to wear a headscarf, gay and lesbian couples having slurs hurled at them and feeling afraid to walk down the street holding hands. American children waking up in the middle of the night crying, terrified that Trump will take their parents away. Young girls unable to understand why a man who brags about sexually assaulting women has been elected president.

“I have a large family. I have one daughter and twelve granddaughters. The texts, emails and phone calls I have received from them have been filled with fear – fear for themselves, fear for their Hispanic and African American friends, for their Muslim and Jewish friends, for their LBGT friends, for their Asian friends. I’ve felt their tears and I’ve felt their fear.

“We as a nation must find a way to move forward without consigning those who Trump has threatened to the shadows. Their fear is entirely rational, because Donald Trump has talked openly about doing terrible things to them. Every news piece that breathlessly obsesses over inauguration preparations compounds their fear by normalizing a man who has threatened to tear families apart, who has bragged about sexually assaulting women and who has directed crowds of thousands to intimidate reporters and assault African Americans. Their fear is legitimate and we must refuse to let it fall through the cracks between the fluff pieces.

“If this is going to be a time of healing, we must first put the responsibility for healing where it belongs: at the feet of Donald Trump, a sexual predator who lost the popular vote and fueled his campaign with bigotry and hate. Winning the electoral college does not absolve Trump of the grave sins he committed against millions of Americans. Donald Trump may not possess the capacity to assuage those fears, but he owes it to this nation to try.

“If Trump wants to roll back the tide of hate he unleashed, he has a tremendous amount of work to do and he must begin immediately.”

[

I have high hopes but I believe those who have indicated that it will get worse before it gets better may be right. And if the Trumpists keep doing the below, it's hard to say where this will go at this point I am starting to think. :(

Last 24 hours: • Leigh Valley PA: high school students yelling gay slurs and N-words in the halls, calling black students cotton pickers using heil hitler salutes
• Tweet to Jewish writer: “Suck it you kike cunt. He won. Fucking lying journalist piece of shit”
• California: Noe Valley/Delores Heights home proudly flies the Nazi flag
• Brooklyn: Man passes a woman Muslim wearing scarf, says “Your time is up sweetie”.
...etc....

LINK: Day 1 In Trump's America

Trump blaming immigrants, illegal or not, and minority ethnic groups for terrorism or financial pains mostly caused by the crash of 2008 and its slow recovery is very similar to what Hitler did.
Anne Frank House - Teachers' Portal - Pupils’ questions: Why did Hitler hate Jews?

The solution to all these problems was to banish the Jews from society. With this political message and the promise to make Germany a large and economically powerful country Hitler’s party won the 1932 election. In 1933 he and his party came to power

That was his solution to 'Make Germany great again'

Since Trump was so intense about Obama's ancestry... let's take a look at the Donald ;)
Ancestry of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

The ancestry of the American businessman and President-elect of the United States Donald Trump is German on his father's side and Scottish on his mother's side.
Both his paternal grandparents were natives of the village Kallstadt, now in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. His mother was a native of Tong, a small village in Lewis, in the Western Isles of Scotland.

Heil Donald
tumblr_nz2p9iT2ko1sofhobo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
And here we go.......Trump is the ultimate con.....the reason people were hurting economically was because of the de-reg of banks, so what will we get? Get ready for the final crash. Thing is, when the Trumpists wake up to the fact that they have been conned big time - what will they do? They are the ones with the gun arsenals. The consequences come from the direction where you least expect it.......

Morning Reads: Lobbyists Line Up for Trump; Congress Gets Ready to Roll Back Banking Regs
LINK: Morning Reads: Lobbyists Line Up for Trump; Congress Gets Ready to Roll Back Banking Regs - BillMoyers.com

Is that the same Sam Harris who refuses to critize the Israeli killings in Gaza ?
I don't know. I haven't seen him comment on that situation. I'm not even sure if you mean a specific issue or the general situation or what context. It happens on both sides. I've heard Chomsky comment on the situation, and he's quite critical of the Israelis. Personally, I think the majority of the issue is another example of religion acting as a catalyst for conflict. The world can be a better place without it. Or maybe people would just find other things to fight over. I don't know.

“I have personally been on the ballot in Nevada for 26 elections and I have never seen anything like the reaction to the election completed last Tuesday. The election of Donald Trump has emboldened the forces of hate and bigotry in America.

“White nationalists, Vladimir Putin and ISIS are celebrating Donald Trump’s victory, while innocent, law-abiding Americans are wracked with fear – especially African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Muslim Americans, LGBT Americans and Asian Americans. Watching white nationalists celebrate while innocent Americans cry tears of fear does not feel like America.

“I have heard more stories in the past 48 hours of Americans living in fear of their own government and their fellow Americans than I can remember hearing in five decades in politics. Hispanic Americans who fear their families will be torn apart, African Americans being heckled on the street, Muslim Americans afraid to wear a headscarf, gay and lesbian couples having slurs hurled at them and feeling afraid to walk down the street holding hands. American children waking up in the middle of the night crying, terrified that Trump will take their parents away. Young girls unable to understand why a man who brags about sexually assaulting women has been elected president.

“I have a large family. I have one daughter and twelve granddaughters. The texts, emails and phone calls I have received from them have been filled with fear – fear for themselves, fear for their Hispanic and African American friends, for their Muslim and Jewish friends, for their LBGT friends, for their Asian friends. I’ve felt their tears and I’ve felt their fear.

“We as a nation must find a way to move forward without consigning those who Trump has threatened to the shadows. Their fear is entirely rational, because Donald Trump has talked openly about doing terrible things to them. Every news piece that breathlessly obsesses over inauguration preparations compounds their fear by normalizing a man who has threatened to tear families apart, who has bragged about sexually assaulting women and who has directed crowds of thousands to intimidate reporters and assault African Americans. Their fear is legitimate and we must refuse to let it fall through the cracks between the fluff pieces.

“If this is going to be a time of healing, we must first put the responsibility for healing where it belongs: at the feet of Donald Trump, a sexual predator who lost the popular vote and fueled his campaign with bigotry and hate. Winning the electoral college does not absolve Trump of the grave sins he committed against millions of Americans. Donald Trump may not possess the capacity to assuage those fears, but he owes it to this nation to try.

“If Trump wants to roll back the tide of hate he unleashed, he has a tremendous amount of work to do and he must begin immediately.”

One common element rings true with each and every quoted passage. Unsubstantiated fear. For those who feel this way, please go look up the words "paranoid" and "delusional". You might just find a little proverbial depth and meaning amid all the time you apparently have on your hands. Speaking of which, do YOU have a job? Or is that as @Tyger would say, a "hateful" question to be asking all you poor unfortunates that just happen to be bent on convincing the rest of the weak minded turd fer brains what a big bad wolf in presidential clothing that mean 'ol Donald man is? To all those out there just a sweatin', gettin' dizzy, 'n sucking their wittle thumbs off, here's a little public service announcement from none other than sweet wittle Tweety Pie designed to help put those bad ol' fears to rest.

The campaign promises are falling already which is to be expected from this Trojan horse that didn't even win the popular vote by a nose.

"Trump Campaigned Against Lobbyists, but Now They're on His Transition Team"
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/u...n=span-abc-region&WT.nav=span-abc-region&_r=0

And it is for that reason I would say to all those people that are protesting causing damage out there that if you want to have an impact on this then you need to get to whoever your local assembly congressperson is and let them know what your feelings are on some of these important Trump appointee. It might make might not make any difference but it will probably have a bigger impact than smashing the windows of a Starbucks. It just doesn't feel as satisfying

I don't know. I haven't seen him comment on that situation. I'm not even sure if you mean a specific issue or the general situation or what context. It happens on both sides. I've heard Chomsky comment on the situation, and he's quite critical of the Israelis. Personally, I think the majority of the issue is another example of religion acting as a catalyst for conflict. The world can be a better place without it. Or maybe people would just find other things to fight over. I don't know.
Spot on.

And it is for that reason I would say to all those people that are protesting causing damage out there that if you want to have an impact on this then you need to get to whoever your local assembly congressperson is and let them know what your feelings are on some of these important Trump appointee. It might make might not make any difference but it will probably have a bigger impact than smashing the windows of a Starbucks. It just doesn't feel as satisfying

There’s nothing wrong with protesting in the US (so far) as long as it’s peaceful. The problem is when anarchists and other agitators join in.

Starbucks has become somewhat passé & could be considered as the McDonald's for the middle-aged individual.

Last edited by a moderator:
How betrayed will the racist misogynists who put him in the office feel when he fails to deliver?

He's already backing down on the "promises" that got him elected.

If anything is going to incite violence, it will be the broken electorate that voted him in against the broken party that let him lead it when they call for moderation.

Again: you guys chose him.

There’s nothing wrong with protesting in the US (so far) as long as it’s peaceful. The problem is when anarchists and other agitators join in.

Starbucks has become somewhat passé & could be considered as the McDonald's for the middle-aged individual.

Very true (I hope...as I've seen some pretty anti social acts committed on both sides) and thanks for providing better context and I would hope if the shoe was on the other foot and it was a bunch of Trump fans the same consideration would be given. Still my point remains, whether people like it or not Trump is in in and all the protesting in the world isn't going to turn it around unless he gets into legal trouble with the various potential lawsuits milling about. I would still focus my energy getting after my local representative personally in regards to the people who will be carrying out policy. Being in a crowd won't necessarily get his/her attention. If protesting is the American way so is sounding off to your local rep. I wonder how many would carry through.

For the Record I am middle aged and as far as Starbucks goes, come this holiday season I will be inundated with (not necessarily wanted) Starbucks gift cards in the form of tips. And so...and this is absolutely true...I took the stack of various Starbucks cards I had accumulated over the years and put them all on one card. It took about an hour and a half maybe more to register each card transfer the balance and then delete the original It came to $327.00. it currently stands at 197.97 and will likely increase very soon.

Saudi student is beaten and killed and Wisconsin over the weekend: Saudi student is beaten, killed in Wisconsin

What some do not seem to accept is that all groups have bad apples that should be 'feared'. Muslims are a case in point. So are Christians, and in that we could include Judaism with Israel.

So with Trump voters - not all but a significant segment see Trump's election as a 'permission' to enage in hate speech and hate actions. The evidence is right there in front of us all. That there are some who cannot discern what is 'hate' is itself disquieting.

How betrayed will the racist misogynists who put him in the office feel when he fails to deliver?

He's already backing down on the "promises" that got him elected.

If anything is going to incite violence, it will be the broken electorate that voted him in against the broken party that let him lead it when they call for moderation.

Again: you guys chose him.

It has become quite a sticky wicket, although, the US and its allies have survived the assassination of JFK, the fallout from the Vietnam War, and the Cuban Missile Crisis. Once Trump possibly moderates in making his policies clearer the civil unrest may subside.

BTW Bernie Sanders is not out of the picture. The Democratic Party will be changed. We'll see.

What strikes me the most with this saga is a growing intellectual or social issues disconnect between rural and urban areas. This showed up in the polls where cities went mostly for Hillary... even in red states. Step out of city limits and you end up in a parallel dimension twilight zone. (Omg why does he look like a thinner Bernie Sanders :eek: ... actually his wife looks like her too).

The urban-rural grand canyon... wassup with that ?... don't they have the internet out there ?
800px-Grant_Wood_-_American_Gothic_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

bernie-jane.jpg

Harry Reid would be the last politician I would quote. He's more crooked than a dog's hind leg.

Now would be a good time to point out that my quoting anybody here does not constitute an endorsement but simply a dissemination of information for your viewing pleasure.

I suggest that anyone who want to listen to Harry Reid 'disseminate' on anything, do a search on the words 'Harry Reid, crook or corrupt.' I hope you have a few spare hours on your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back